Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Silhouette Scroll Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="SCB" date="2020-09-16 12:01:49" ] [quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2020-09-16 11:50:57" ] I don't care. Not going to use it and not going to purchase dragons who have the scroll applied. I hate the silhouette symbol. There is nothing wrong with the price. In fact, it would expected to be more than 400G. The effect is permanent and can be changed at any time. The dragon is fully functional even after applying the scroll. Unlike permanent hatchling which will need the Scroll of Maturity on top of Scroll of Eternal Youth if wanted to revert back to adult from hatchling. Everything cost money anyway. Flight Rising is ultimately a business in the end. I will not comment about the use of the scroll. Players are free to use it as they want. That is none of my business. [/quote] Ya know.. I hadn't thought of the icon. Eh, that may make me hesitant to use it. I don't like all the cluttery icons. [/quote] honestly while i'm thrilled that it exists and already used three, the icon has been bothering me too :( i put it on three fandragons and then realized "oh..." and felt weird. i understand why the icon is there, but it does feel a bit jarring and the fact it can't be removed has started to grate on me, and i can't take it away now... to clarify, i'm just talking about the functional aspect of the icon! i think it's a great addition to the site (and i think the price is reasonable too), but i guess i wish there was either a removal scroll of sorts, or a less jarring icon like the familiar heart or ancient symbol ^^; virtually every other customizable feature has some sort of removal (eternal youth has fertility, eye types have the tempered sight vial now, etc.), and the only things that can't be "undone" are color scatters, breeding, and coli level, which all make sense i guess i would be more open to using it more if the icon was different ><
SCB wrote on 2020-09-16 12:01:49:
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2020-09-16 11:50:57:
I don't care. Not going to use it and not going to purchase dragons who have the scroll applied. I hate the silhouette symbol.

There is nothing wrong with the price. In fact, it would expected to be more than 400G. The effect is permanent and can be changed at any time. The dragon is fully functional even after applying the scroll. Unlike permanent hatchling which will need the Scroll of Maturity on top of Scroll of Eternal Youth if wanted to revert back to adult from hatchling. Everything cost money anyway. Flight Rising is ultimately a business in the end.

I will not comment about the use of the scroll. Players are free to use it as they want. That is none of my business.

Ya know.. I hadn't thought of the icon. Eh, that may make me hesitant to use it. I don't like all the cluttery icons.

honestly while i'm thrilled that it exists and already used three, the icon has been bothering me too :( i put it on three fandragons and then realized "oh..." and felt weird. i understand why the icon is there, but it does feel a bit jarring and the fact it can't be removed has started to grate on me, and i can't take it away now...

to clarify, i'm just talking about the functional aspect of the icon! i think it's a great addition to the site (and i think the price is reasonable too), but i guess i wish there was either a removal scroll of sorts, or a less jarring icon like the familiar heart or ancient symbol ^^; virtually every other customizable feature has some sort of removal (eternal youth has fertility, eye types have the tempered sight vial now, etc.), and the only things that can't be "undone" are color scatters, breeding, and coli level, which all make sense

i guess i would be more open to using it more if the icon was different ><
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
@mithrel

an easy way to deal with that would be to let the scroll only work on unbred dragon tho

I'm fine with the pose change scroll but just would've just preferred a full on change scroll
@mithrel

an easy way to deal with that would be to let the scroll only work on unbred dragon tho

I'm fine with the pose change scroll but just would've just preferred a full on change scroll
DVcXRyP.png
I'll probably never use it, but I'm happy for those who have wanted it for so long~
I'll probably never use it, but I'm happy for those who have wanted it for so long~
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
[quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2020-09-16 11:50:57" ] I don't care. Not going to use it and not going to purchase dragons who have the scroll applied. I hate the silhouette symbol. There is nothing wrong with the price. In fact, it would expected to be more than 400G. The effect is permanent and can be changed at any time. The dragon is fully functional even after applying the scroll. Unlike permanent hatchling which will need the Scroll of Maturity on top of Scroll of Eternal Youth if wanted to revert back to adult from hatchling. Everything cost money anyway. Flight Rising is ultimately a business in the end. I will not comment about the use of the scroll. Players are free to use it as they want. That is none of my business. [/quote] This
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2020-09-16 11:50:57:
I don't care. Not going to use it and not going to purchase dragons who have the scroll applied. I hate the silhouette symbol.

There is nothing wrong with the price. In fact, it would expected to be more than 400G. The effect is permanent and can be changed at any time. The dragon is fully functional even after applying the scroll. Unlike permanent hatchling which will need the Scroll of Maturity on top of Scroll of Eternal Youth if wanted to revert back to adult from hatchling. Everything cost money anyway. Flight Rising is ultimately a business in the end.

I will not comment about the use of the scroll. Players are free to use it as they want. That is none of my business.

This
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
pretty useful, love it! Sal, my fandragon, was supposed to be a male, but I couldn't find a XXX white male with plague eyes. So the scroll makes me happy, cuz he be rockin in his new pose I also can get rid of imp female poses now. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62579034][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/625791/62579034_350.png[/img][/url]
pretty useful, love it!
Sal, my fandragon, was supposed to be a male, but I couldn't find a XXX white male with plague eyes. So the scroll makes me happy, cuz he be rockin in his new pose

I also can get rid of imp female poses now.

62579034_350.png
dayvxna-213c362e-7ebe-4009-a350-30adac498168.png
Dnqps2i.pngHJLIYn4.png
he - him || it isn't lucifer, it's lucifUr, with an U. || FR + 4
art shop
Hmm. I do agree the icon is drastically different than normal icon art. I now wish I could unsee it since it does look like something I dont know if I’d wanna look... but I adore the feature. It makes gender fluid a thing you can do now. Trans. And projects much easier. Though idk if I’d use it on a project. Not even sure why. I could easily change my mind though if y breeding projects keep bullying me.
Hmm. I do agree the icon is drastically different than normal icon art. I now wish I could unsee it since it does look like something I dont know if I’d wanna look... but I adore the feature. It makes gender fluid a thing you can do now. Trans. And projects much easier. Though idk if I’d use it on a project. Not even sure why. I could easily change my mind though if y breeding projects keep bullying me.
TBD
I wish it was treasure, I always have 0 to 10 gems only. I find that on Imperials I prefer the male pose, now I can make them all that way if I just save up gems. Though I might just ignore it forever too...

Edit: Everyone's right about the symbol though, it looks not like something I would want to see on my dragon.
I wish it was treasure, I always have 0 to 10 gems only. I find that on Imperials I prefer the male pose, now I can make them all that way if I just save up gems. Though I might just ignore it forever too...

Edit: Everyone's right about the symbol though, it looks not like something I would want to see on my dragon.
I also don't really completely like the idea of it because now the dragons will all look different, I came back to playing Flight Rising a while ago after a long break because I remembered all the really cool art and stuff for the dragons as well as the rest and now that's all going to change. I don't like it.

(Plus, I buy my dragons because they look good even in odd poses, like Python (avatar dragon) looks like a knot but still somehow looks good- I mean, evil. And my spiral Xena looks good even in the *slightly* odd pose that the female spirals have. I just hope that there are not too many scrolls being used.
I also don't really completely like the idea of it because now the dragons will all look different, I came back to playing Flight Rising a while ago after a long break because I remembered all the really cool art and stuff for the dragons as well as the rest and now that's all going to change. I don't like it.

(Plus, I buy my dragons because they look good even in odd poses, like Python (avatar dragon) looks like a knot but still somehow looks good- I mean, evil. And my spiral Xena looks good even in the *slightly* odd pose that the female spirals have. I just hope that there are not too many scrolls being used.
i really like these scrolls! I have a major dislike for the female imp pose (i just hate dressing them :( I wanna see noodly body, not 90% wing) but i often end up getting hatchlings from my imp nests that are really pretty females, that i would keep if it wasn't for the pose. I already applied it to two of my dragons! Im so glad I can get crumble in a male pose now. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57726605][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/577267/57726605_350.png[/img][/url] And this one I loved a lot but was going to sell for exalting because... I didn't like the female pose! Now I can keep em :D [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63787779][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/637878/63787779_350.png[/img][/url] I dont have much issue with the icon, it definitely does feel a little out of place but eh, I'm used to playing mmorpg's where your character has like 6 status icons above them at all times if you're trying to do anything involving actually playing the game, so i dont mind that too much. Its a lot less annoying than the emoticons in the physical description box.
i really like these scrolls! I have a major dislike for the female imp pose (i just hate dressing them :( I wanna see noodly body, not 90% wing) but i often end up getting hatchlings from my imp nests that are really pretty females, that i would keep if it wasn't for the pose. I already applied it to two of my dragons! Im so glad I can get crumble in a male pose now.

57726605_350.png

And this one I loved a lot but was going to sell for exalting because... I didn't like the female pose! Now I can keep em :D

63787779_350.png

I dont have much issue with the icon, it definitely does feel a little out of place but eh, I'm used to playing mmorpg's where your character has like 6 status icons above them at all times if you're trying to do anything involving actually playing the game, so i dont mind that too much. Its a lot less annoying than the emoticons in the physical description box.
image.png
@Sablekey From the announcement: [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2020-09-15 06:04:05" ] Our newest specialty item, the [b]Silhouette Scroll[/b], is now live! When this magical scroll is applied to a dragon, it [b]permanently unlocks a toggle[/b] that allows the dragon to [b]swap between both adult artwork variants[/b] available for their breed.[/quote]
@Sablekey From the announcement:
Xhaztol wrote on 2020-09-15 06:04:05:
Our newest specialty item, the Silhouette Scroll, is now live! When this magical scroll is applied to a dragon, it permanently unlocks a toggle that allows the dragon to swap between both adult artwork variants available for their breed.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7