Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Recommend Anime
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23
I would totally recommend
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (The End of Evangelion is also recommended, it's basically a movie conclusion to the series).
  • Devilman Crybaby
  • Beastars
  • Madoka Magica
  • The Promised Neverland
  • Asobi Asobase
  • A Place Further Than the Universe

Though I really enjoyed these anime, I would suggest that you avoid Neon Genesis Evangelion, Beastars, and Devilman Crybaby if you don't like sexual or gory content, Devilman Crybaby being the worst out of the three. The Promised Neverland is also a fairly gory show, considering the fact that it's a horror anime. Madoka Magica doesn't exactly have gore, but it does have death in it, and Asobi Asobase is a comedy, and I don't remember there being any sexual themes. Anyways, have fun. :)
I would totally recommend
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (The End of Evangelion is also recommended, it's basically a movie conclusion to the series).
  • Devilman Crybaby
  • Beastars
  • Madoka Magica
  • The Promised Neverland
  • Asobi Asobase
  • A Place Further Than the Universe

Though I really enjoyed these anime, I would suggest that you avoid Neon Genesis Evangelion, Beastars, and Devilman Crybaby if you don't like sexual or gory content, Devilman Crybaby being the worst out of the three. The Promised Neverland is also a fairly gory show, considering the fact that it's a horror anime. Madoka Magica doesn't exactly have gore, but it does have death in it, and Asobi Asobase is a comedy, and I don't remember there being any sexual themes. Anyways, have fun. :)
@BizarreRice
out of all the sci-fi that ive watched (which is not a lot lol) steins gate is def one of the more better ones (at least the first season is) its interesting enough that i can finish it to the end which is a win in my eyes lol

that jojo merch sounds pretty cool! ive never owned an actual physical manga myself but would love to someday! what volume are you thinking of getting? :D

@kiukkom
hi! c:
ive watched 3 of the ones you mentioned already (devilman, beastars, and a place further than the universe) and madoka magica is one im planning to watch soon! devilman crybaby is definitely one of the most bloody/gory shows ive seen but i liked it nonetheless!

ive heard of evangelion and the promised neverland a lot from others but idk i dont think im very interested in watching them rn

Asobi Asobase is a new one for me tho! never heard of it but it looks really cute so ill put it in my list! ty for your suggestions! <333

if anyone is wondering ive gotten through a lot of shows you guys have recommended ^V^ i think theres a only few more shows left from this thread that ive yet to watch that i said i would. even after 10 pages (lol thx everyone ily) recommendations are still very much appreciated :DDD
@BizarreRice
out of all the sci-fi that ive watched (which is not a lot lol) steins gate is def one of the more better ones (at least the first season is) its interesting enough that i can finish it to the end which is a win in my eyes lol

that jojo merch sounds pretty cool! ive never owned an actual physical manga myself but would love to someday! what volume are you thinking of getting? :D

@kiukkom
hi! c:
ive watched 3 of the ones you mentioned already (devilman, beastars, and a place further than the universe) and madoka magica is one im planning to watch soon! devilman crybaby is definitely one of the most bloody/gory shows ive seen but i liked it nonetheless!

ive heard of evangelion and the promised neverland a lot from others but idk i dont think im very interested in watching them rn

Asobi Asobase is a new one for me tho! never heard of it but it looks really cute so ill put it in my list! ty for your suggestions! <333

if anyone is wondering ive gotten through a lot of shows you guys have recommended ^V^ i think theres a only few more shows left from this thread that ive yet to watch that i said i would. even after 10 pages (lol thx everyone ily) recommendations are still very much appreciated :DDD
tRDnk68.pngW2zHmI5.pngoOaA0CW.png
@KNK Your welcome! I hope you enjoy! :D
@KNK Your welcome! I hope you enjoy! :D
@KNK
Yeah it sounds really good lolol, I just procrasinate sooo much. I either binge something or leave it for a few months the binge it lol. I'll probably try watch the first episode tonight if I don't play videogames until like 2 am like I did yesterday-

Aah cheers! Well, since I've only gotten the first volume, I'm probably going to get the second one and continue from there. I can get them pretty cheap (they're around £5-£6 each) so woohoo!
I've got the first volume of Tokyo Ghoul, Vol 1 & 2 of One Punch Man, that Jojo hardcover, and the Komi-San volume. I'm most interested/most likely to finish Komi-San, but I'm not gonna leave the others unfinished, so soon I'll I spiral out of control and have to make the manga stack on my windowsill an entire manga shelf haha.
@KNK
Yeah it sounds really good lolol, I just procrasinate sooo much. I either binge something or leave it for a few months the binge it lol. I'll probably try watch the first episode tonight if I don't play videogames until like 2 am like I did yesterday-

Aah cheers! Well, since I've only gotten the first volume, I'm probably going to get the second one and continue from there. I can get them pretty cheap (they're around £5-£6 each) so woohoo!
I've got the first volume of Tokyo Ghoul, Vol 1 & 2 of One Punch Man, that Jojo hardcover, and the Komi-San volume. I'm most interested/most likely to finish Komi-San, but I'm not gonna leave the others unfinished, so soon I'll I spiral out of control and have to make the manga stack on my windowsill an entire manga shelf haha.
n9ssuxW.gif
They/It | FR +8 | INFP | :]
OxagJgG.pngQUIpVFE.png

1UI2JZj.gif
@BizarreRice
im the same way
idk binging is just really satisfying??? you dont have to deal with cliffhangers or anything and honestly i forget names a lot so i wont remember much if i stop watching for too long.
unless i really dont want the anime to end....then ill procrastinate for forever hehe

mmmm a manga shelf sounds <333
ive not been reading a lot of manga lately even tho im like halfway through everything im reading 0w0 i have to be in the right mood ya know (probably.... just an excuse but STILL)

*teary flashbacks to gleipnir, bsd wan, and all the manga i put on hold reading then completely forgot about*
@BizarreRice
im the same way
idk binging is just really satisfying??? you dont have to deal with cliffhangers or anything and honestly i forget names a lot so i wont remember much if i stop watching for too long.
unless i really dont want the anime to end....then ill procrastinate for forever hehe

mmmm a manga shelf sounds <333
ive not been reading a lot of manga lately even tho im like halfway through everything im reading 0w0 i have to be in the right mood ya know (probably.... just an excuse but STILL)

*teary flashbacks to gleipnir, bsd wan, and all the manga i put on hold reading then completely forgot about*
@KNK
I think it's just easier, haha. I'm pretty inpatient and if I take too long to finish it I'll forget about it and never end up finishing it, like what I did with Death Note, Toradora, Blood Lad... And others... Whoops haha. It's usually only the last few episodes-
If I don't want it to end I just get really involved in the fandom, or read the manga, haha. It's what I've done with JoJo coughcough. Oh! Speaking of JoJo, Eyes Of Heaven came today! Will update on some gameplay soon >:D

I knooow-!!
But I will constantly have the fear of it falling down because I used to have a floating shelf above my bed a few years ago, and everything fell on my head. So I'll probably get an actual shelf haha.
I'm more likely to read manga if it's right there in front of me lol, the reason I probably don't read much manga is because I prefer owning it instead of reading it online, but I also can't get my hands on much manga unless I order it online, and being a minor, I'd have to go through my Mum for that. I'll have to get some giftcards soon to make it easier lmao-

Rest in peace to them, perhaps one day they will be finished...! :'')
@KNK
I think it's just easier, haha. I'm pretty inpatient and if I take too long to finish it I'll forget about it and never end up finishing it, like what I did with Death Note, Toradora, Blood Lad... And others... Whoops haha. It's usually only the last few episodes-
If I don't want it to end I just get really involved in the fandom, or read the manga, haha. It's what I've done with JoJo coughcough. Oh! Speaking of JoJo, Eyes Of Heaven came today! Will update on some gameplay soon >:D

I knooow-!!
But I will constantly have the fear of it falling down because I used to have a floating shelf above my bed a few years ago, and everything fell on my head. So I'll probably get an actual shelf haha.
I'm more likely to read manga if it's right there in front of me lol, the reason I probably don't read much manga is because I prefer owning it instead of reading it online, but I also can't get my hands on much manga unless I order it online, and being a minor, I'd have to go through my Mum for that. I'll have to get some giftcards soon to make it easier lmao-

Rest in peace to them, perhaps one day they will be finished...! :'')
n9ssuxW.gif
OxagJgG.pngQUIpVFE.png

1UI2JZj.gif
@BizarreRice
for me if i can manage to get halfway through a show ill end up finishing it all even if i might not like it. just gotta spam the fast forward button a lot hehehe

is eyes of heaven a fighter game? or is it more like rpg? or am i totally off and its something else entirely? will look forward to your update ;))))

also oof on that floating shelf??? that sounds so....traumatic lol???
ah i could never afford to buy all the manga i wanted to read....expensive hobby #999....
i wish there was something that could always update me on new translated manga releases

i mean there probably is something like that somewhere but i dont have it so >->
@BizarreRice
for me if i can manage to get halfway through a show ill end up finishing it all even if i might not like it. just gotta spam the fast forward button a lot hehehe

is eyes of heaven a fighter game? or is it more like rpg? or am i totally off and its something else entirely? will look forward to your update ;))))

also oof on that floating shelf??? that sounds so....traumatic lol???
ah i could never afford to buy all the manga i wanted to read....expensive hobby #999....
i wish there was something that could always update me on new translated manga releases

i mean there probably is something like that somewhere but i dont have it so >->
@KNK
Lolol I'd do that but I feel like if I skip any scene I'll lose track of the entire series-

It's a fighter game, kinda like Smash Bros. It's got a pretty epic story for an anime game, and I really loved it. Got me going 'AWWW' because nobody died yaaay!
Time to murder Diavolo and make the EOH universe canon...
I'd say it's easy if you know how to play fighter games (I don't, I suck at them lol), but when it comes to actually fighting, I think EOH isn't like, great 10/10 amazing, but it's not bad! There's a story mode, a player vs bot mode, a bot vs bot mode, etc.
You can unlock different poses/characters/lines the better you do (They rank it like S, A, B, C, D, S being the best.) I usually got C's or B's, so theres quite a lot to do.
It also taught me how to play Poker...? There's a Poker minigame with D'Arby (In Stardust Crusaders, Jotaro has to win at poker to get his friends souls back from him, since his stand can take peoples souls if they offer it up, and the best way to do that is with betting through poker lol.)

Honestly what was I expecting putting a shelf above my bed lmao, it was a big deal when it happened but now I just think about it and laugh. It's made me cautious about things falling on my head, though lmao.
GOSH if I could afford all the manga I wanted to get, that'd be a dream come true. I could always sell all my old books (I loved reading growing up) and use the money to buy manga... But that's so much effort, and quite frankly... I hate effort.
A friend of mine has quite a big manga collection. Two floating shelves, and a regular shelf. He's got Initial D, Tokyo Ghoul (and RE), Komi-San (he's the one who got me into it haha), Death Note, Vinland Saga, Bleach, and a bunch of other things. Quoting him "I'm dissapointed I've spent over £300 on my collection, but I guess now I can say I'm a real weeb."
He has a few figures too, and they're really cool, like his big (around 30cm or taller) Jotaro figure. One day, I'll have more manga than him. But, it'll take a long time haha.
I hope they don't fall down like mine did haha.

Late update since school is already giving me stress lolol, I'm good but I'm gonna have less time to do things, since about 16 hours of my day will be dedicated to sleeping and going to school lol.
Tried to re-watch Attack On Titan since I never actually got to Season 3(?), but I got bored.
Might frick around and watch Banana Fish, I heard it's good...? So woohoo
@KNK
Lolol I'd do that but I feel like if I skip any scene I'll lose track of the entire series-

It's a fighter game, kinda like Smash Bros. It's got a pretty epic story for an anime game, and I really loved it. Got me going 'AWWW' because nobody died yaaay!
Time to murder Diavolo and make the EOH universe canon...
I'd say it's easy if you know how to play fighter games (I don't, I suck at them lol), but when it comes to actually fighting, I think EOH isn't like, great 10/10 amazing, but it's not bad! There's a story mode, a player vs bot mode, a bot vs bot mode, etc.
You can unlock different poses/characters/lines the better you do (They rank it like S, A, B, C, D, S being the best.) I usually got C's or B's, so theres quite a lot to do.
It also taught me how to play Poker...? There's a Poker minigame with D'Arby (In Stardust Crusaders, Jotaro has to win at poker to get his friends souls back from him, since his stand can take peoples souls if they offer it up, and the best way to do that is with betting through poker lol.)

Honestly what was I expecting putting a shelf above my bed lmao, it was a big deal when it happened but now I just think about it and laugh. It's made me cautious about things falling on my head, though lmao.
GOSH if I could afford all the manga I wanted to get, that'd be a dream come true. I could always sell all my old books (I loved reading growing up) and use the money to buy manga... But that's so much effort, and quite frankly... I hate effort.
A friend of mine has quite a big manga collection. Two floating shelves, and a regular shelf. He's got Initial D, Tokyo Ghoul (and RE), Komi-San (he's the one who got me into it haha), Death Note, Vinland Saga, Bleach, and a bunch of other things. Quoting him "I'm dissapointed I've spent over £300 on my collection, but I guess now I can say I'm a real weeb."
He has a few figures too, and they're really cool, like his big (around 30cm or taller) Jotaro figure. One day, I'll have more manga than him. But, it'll take a long time haha.
I hope they don't fall down like mine did haha.

Late update since school is already giving me stress lolol, I'm good but I'm gonna have less time to do things, since about 16 hours of my day will be dedicated to sleeping and going to school lol.
Tried to re-watch Attack On Titan since I never actually got to Season 3(?), but I got bored.
Might frick around and watch Banana Fish, I heard it's good...? So woohoo
n9ssuxW.gif
OxagJgG.pngQUIpVFE.png

1UI2JZj.gif
91 days is a banger
91 days is a banger
Astra: Lost in Space is a bit more sci-fi than mystery, but it does have a bit of mystery to it! I certainly didn't see the ending coming-

Toradora! is a bit of a mix of romance and slice of life. admittedly, I haven't watched it but I have read the manga based off of it and really liked that, so maybe give it a shot!

I think Nichijou also kind of fits the slice of life trope, but it's also pretty amusing too. The animation is also really neat! If you like Nichijou, you might also like Azumanga Daioh - that's one of my favorites. :3

ALSO IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED FREE! PLEASE GIVE IT A CHANCE
Astra: Lost in Space is a bit more sci-fi than mystery, but it does have a bit of mystery to it! I certainly didn't see the ending coming-

Toradora! is a bit of a mix of romance and slice of life. admittedly, I haven't watched it but I have read the manga based off of it and really liked that, so maybe give it a shot!

I think Nichijou also kind of fits the slice of life trope, but it's also pretty amusing too. The animation is also really neat! If you like Nichijou, you might also like Azumanga Daioh - that's one of my favorites. :3

ALSO IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED FREE! PLEASE GIVE IT A CHANCE
PPbwVvH.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23