Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Recommend Anime
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23
@shozurei
i'll take a look at those! thank you!
@shozurei
i'll take a look at those! thank you!
tRDnk68.pngW2zHmI5.pngoOaA0CW.png
I will forever and always suggest Mawaru Penguindrum to anyone because it's strange and magical but there's more to it than that? It's by the same creators as Sarazanmai which I noticed you watched, so if you liked that then you might like this!
Mawaru Penguindrum is based on the Tokyo subway Sarin terrorist attack on March 20th in 1995, along with the book Night on the Galactic Railroad. Everything that happens in this anime shouldn't be taken at face value, most likely it's referencing/symbolizing one of these two things or something else entirely that if I tell you it would take away some of the magic. It's good I promise!
I will forever and always suggest Mawaru Penguindrum to anyone because it's strange and magical but there's more to it than that? It's by the same creators as Sarazanmai which I noticed you watched, so if you liked that then you might like this!
Mawaru Penguindrum is based on the Tokyo subway Sarin terrorist attack on March 20th in 1995, along with the book Night on the Galactic Railroad. Everything that happens in this anime shouldn't be taken at face value, most likely it's referencing/symbolizing one of these two things or something else entirely that if I tell you it would take away some of the magic. It's good I promise!
@KingCrow
i actually tried to read the manga for that but i couldnt find it online! i will definitely take your suggestion and watch the anime at some point - ty!

@Xuelian
mmmm yes more historical shows~~~
will add it to my queue - ty!

@KingCrow
i actually tried to read the manga for that but i couldnt find it online! i will definitely take your suggestion and watch the anime at some point - ty!

@Xuelian
mmmm yes more historical shows~~~
will add it to my queue - ty!

@KNK
There's the rare occasion that feeling makes me finish the book in one go, but usually something floats into my mind and I get distracted and leave it lol.

Me either honestly, I've gotta feeling it'd be a mix of things, but I think illustrating the sea buddies would be a part of it lol.
Aah yes I have found the worst yet best anime ever, on YouTube.

I present, Narmak's:
Suponjibobu
The SpongeBob Anime

The first episode was released a while ago but I found it and need to share it's horribleness
Here you go :-) https://youtu.be/TBO9ANTBCjM
@KNK
There's the rare occasion that feeling makes me finish the book in one go, but usually something floats into my mind and I get distracted and leave it lol.

Me either honestly, I've gotta feeling it'd be a mix of things, but I think illustrating the sea buddies would be a part of it lol.
Aah yes I have found the worst yet best anime ever, on YouTube.

I present, Narmak's:
Suponjibobu
The SpongeBob Anime

The first episode was released a while ago but I found it and need to share it's horribleness
Here you go :-) https://youtu.be/TBO9ANTBCjM
n9ssuxW.gif
They/It | FR +8 | INFP | :]
OxagJgG.pngQUIpVFE.png

1UI2JZj.gif
I don't watch all that much anime, though if I had to recommend one that I have seen, it'd definitely be Kirby: Right Back at Ya! There's a lot of episodes free on Youtube, and though a lot of people prefer the Japanese dub with subtitles, I personally think the English dub is a lot better. Sure, it may be 4Kids, but the jokes and voices for the characters just add a lot more laughs that you wouldn't usually get just from watching the Japanese dub so I'd recommend watching that one (or at least checking it out if you decide you don't like it) if you ever decide to see the anime.

Also, since you can add shows or movies too, I don't personally see all that many shows but Over The Garden Wall is just.. it's beautiful and really nice. For movies I have a few favorites but if there was one I'd have to recommend it's definitely Road to El Dorado. The animation is really nice and the main characters are really funny! (If it's not obvious I really like animated things, lol)
I don't watch all that much anime, though if I had to recommend one that I have seen, it'd definitely be Kirby: Right Back at Ya! There's a lot of episodes free on Youtube, and though a lot of people prefer the Japanese dub with subtitles, I personally think the English dub is a lot better. Sure, it may be 4Kids, but the jokes and voices for the characters just add a lot more laughs that you wouldn't usually get just from watching the Japanese dub so I'd recommend watching that one (or at least checking it out if you decide you don't like it) if you ever decide to see the anime.

Also, since you can add shows or movies too, I don't personally see all that many shows but Over The Garden Wall is just.. it's beautiful and really nice. For movies I have a few favorites but if there was one I'd have to recommend it's definitely Road to El Dorado. The animation is really nice and the main characters are really funny! (If it's not obvious I really like animated things, lol)
deity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gif FMoJ9vk.png
H2jRHgT.png
J7D1quC.png

Hi, I'm Fruit! I'm a digital artist, amateur fiction writer, aspiring musician (bass), but most of all: a professional idiot. My two favorite things are rock 'n roll and frillback pigeons.
ezgif-3-3eb9aae531.gif

FMoJ9vk.pngRDt6LqI.pngJ7D1quC.png
uQA55c0.pngimage0.giftumblr_inline_oki6607XCW1tfmvub_100.png
@BizarreRice
oh... OH OH No
idk if im impressed or horrified

dude the theme song tho....its actually kinda good....

@NexusWithin
even tho it has apparently high ratings i never heard of it before but ill put it on the list! snafu is good (but literally why cant anyone just say what they actually feel) i havent read the manga so idk wht happens in the last arc but i hope things work out for both yuki and yui

@FruitAndFlour
awww kirby is always cute! idk if im too interested in watching it but 4kids has a lot of nostalgic shows so the younger me would probably go nuts for it lol

I LOVE Over the Garden Wall tho it has the perfect amount of silly jokes but the dark undertones just hit ya. ive never watched Road to El Dorado tho! ty for the suggestion!

speaking of hitting different Mo Dao Zu Shi is really kicking my feelings right where it hurts rn :,(((

ALSO GUYSSS the Given Movie is finally airing wahhh :,DDD i miss my precious boyyyysss so much!!! i dont even know where to watch it but im just so excitedddd
i just want them to be HAPPY ALREADY
@BizarreRice
oh... OH OH No
idk if im impressed or horrified

dude the theme song tho....its actually kinda good....

@NexusWithin
even tho it has apparently high ratings i never heard of it before but ill put it on the list! snafu is good (but literally why cant anyone just say what they actually feel) i havent read the manga so idk wht happens in the last arc but i hope things work out for both yuki and yui

@FruitAndFlour
awww kirby is always cute! idk if im too interested in watching it but 4kids has a lot of nostalgic shows so the younger me would probably go nuts for it lol

I LOVE Over the Garden Wall tho it has the perfect amount of silly jokes but the dark undertones just hit ya. ive never watched Road to El Dorado tho! ty for the suggestion!

speaking of hitting different Mo Dao Zu Shi is really kicking my feelings right where it hurts rn :,(((

ALSO GUYSSS the Given Movie is finally airing wahhh :,DDD i miss my precious boyyyysss so much!!! i dont even know where to watch it but im just so excitedddd
i just want them to be HAPPY ALREADY
@KNK

i'd have to recommend Tsuritama, but i'm not sure how to explain it? basically, these aliens come down to earth to teach the main character to fish to keep the world from ending. i know, its a weird premise, but you should still give it a chance!

also, Stars Align. it's less of a sports anime, more of a drama anime though. the drama is more based on family issues and lgbtq issues, and it's portrayed pretty well. but if you're going to watch it make sure to look up a list of content warnings, the show can get really dark at times.

if you're into slice of life/comedy, i'd also reccomend All Saints Street! its not as well known as the other anime i mentioned, but it's still a good watch. the episodes are about 5 minutes long so you don't have to wait too long for the punchline. also, i think it's only on youtube? i looked on a bunch of other websites and it was only on youtube :/
@KNK

i'd have to recommend Tsuritama, but i'm not sure how to explain it? basically, these aliens come down to earth to teach the main character to fish to keep the world from ending. i know, its a weird premise, but you should still give it a chance!

also, Stars Align. it's less of a sports anime, more of a drama anime though. the drama is more based on family issues and lgbtq issues, and it's portrayed pretty well. but if you're going to watch it make sure to look up a list of content warnings, the show can get really dark at times.

if you're into slice of life/comedy, i'd also reccomend All Saints Street! its not as well known as the other anime i mentioned, but it's still a good watch. the episodes are about 5 minutes long so you don't have to wait too long for the punchline. also, i think it's only on youtube? i looked on a bunch of other websites and it was only on youtube :/

When on your way out
Be sure that you say goodbye
Then lock the door tight.

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
@CosmicTrash
ahh everything you recommended looks rlly cute! ;v;

Tsuritama definitely looks like something I would love.

i know a little bit about Stars Align and ive heard both good and bad things but ive never actually watched it. ill try to watch it soon tho :DDD

All Saints Street! looks really cute and short as well
thank you so much! <333
@CosmicTrash
ahh everything you recommended looks rlly cute! ;v;

Tsuritama definitely looks like something I would love.

i know a little bit about Stars Align and ive heard both good and bad things but ive never actually watched it. ill try to watch it soon tho :DDD

All Saints Street! looks really cute and short as well
thank you so much! <333
I will second the k project recommendation.

I also recommend Fruits Basket!
I will second the k project recommendation.

I also recommend Fruits Basket!

Call me Max!
Wishlist
Lore
10ttDG2.png

P2OauAq.png
OxagJgG.png

cVPo4yi.png
72733313.png trLi2py.png
@AShockOfCrimson
i've seen k project and currently watching fruits basket! :)))
@AShockOfCrimson
i've seen k project and currently watching fruits basket! :)))
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23