Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is Dragon Flipping Worth it?
1 2 3
If you have a lot of empty hibden space then it's absolutely worth it since those dragons aren't costing you anymore that what you paid for them. It's essentially a free 1kt per slot over a week or less.
If you have a lot of empty hibden space then it's absolutely worth it since those dragons aren't costing you anymore that what you paid for them. It's essentially a free 1kt per slot over a week or less.
I used to regularly fill up my hibernal den with cheap hatchlings, wait for them to reach adult, then train them to level 8 and march them off to the Icewarden.

By your estimations, it takes 7 minutes to earn a little under 2000t from the puzzle game.

It takes me between 5 and 8 minutes to train two dragons to level 8 for exalting purposes. Time varies between number of bosses and physical attacking enemies I encounter and how my luck holds up with dodging.

Level 8 dragons exalt for 10-12k, and I typically don't buy over 6k. So I make a 4-6k profit on every dragon, which is a 8-12k profit every 5-8 minutes when I AM training them.

I also do G&G daily which only takes me 30 minutes to complete a 75kt circuit, so...
I used to regularly fill up my hibernal den with cheap hatchlings, wait for them to reach adult, then train them to level 8 and march them off to the Icewarden.

By your estimations, it takes 7 minutes to earn a little under 2000t from the puzzle game.

It takes me between 5 and 8 minutes to train two dragons to level 8 for exalting purposes. Time varies between number of bosses and physical attacking enemies I encounter and how my luck holds up with dodging.

Level 8 dragons exalt for 10-12k, and I typically don't buy over 6k. So I make a 4-6k profit on every dragon, which is a 8-12k profit every 5-8 minutes when I AM training them.

I also do G&G daily which only takes me 30 minutes to complete a 75kt circuit, so...
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
If you have the space, do it! It's really easy and small amounts of money add up ^^
If you have the space, do it! It's really easy and small amounts of money add up ^^
124.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR time + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifThey/Them
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Hoarder
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRightside is clickable →

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifODP Hatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifLair Purge
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifUMs for sale
It depends on how much space you have! All those "tiny profits" really add up if you can afford to flip like 20 or more dragons, and with the hibden people can do that without using any food points. I personally can't flip dergs like that bc I don't have enough lair space (I'm too cheap to expand it lol) but for people who have tons of extra space, it can be super profitable!
It depends on how much space you have! All those "tiny profits" really add up if you can afford to flip like 20 or more dragons, and with the hibden people can do that without using any food points. I personally can't flip dergs like that bc I don't have enough lair space (I'm too cheap to expand it lol) but for people who have tons of extra space, it can be super profitable!
1185.png 1186.png 1187.png 1188.png
When I want cash I always max G&G first. If I want to earn more I buy fodder because there's no limit to how many I can sell or exalt.

I actually don't care if it's not the fastest way, because it's pretty painless and quick for me. It's all muscle memory now and I prefer to do something with my hands while I watch videos.

Another way I make it more worth my time is that I save hundreds of trained dragons for a dominance push or an elemental holiday. They always pay a bonus, (or I get to participate in my own flight), plus sometimes I get raffle prizes that add to my profit margins. I don't always win something, but when I do it makes my day more awesome.

And heck, sometimes I find an unhatched egg in Coli. It's rare but it's great when it happens.
When I want cash I always max G&G first. If I want to earn more I buy fodder because there's no limit to how many I can sell or exalt.

I actually don't care if it's not the fastest way, because it's pretty painless and quick for me. It's all muscle memory now and I prefer to do something with my hands while I watch videos.

Another way I make it more worth my time is that I save hundreds of trained dragons for a dominance push or an elemental holiday. They always pay a bonus, (or I get to participate in my own flight), plus sometimes I get raffle prizes that add to my profit margins. I don't always win something, but when I do it makes my day more awesome.

And heck, sometimes I find an unhatched egg in Coli. It's rare but it's great when it happens.
I buy 12 cheap (5-7kt) hatchlings every day using the 75kt I get from Glimmer and Gloom and level them all to 7 when they grow up. I'd say the average I get per dragon is 11kt per dragon, which is essentially doubling my money. It takes me 30-60m to level a full flight of 12 depending on what else I'm doing in the background.

132kt per day adds up *fast* and that's before I've done anything like familiar bonding, reducing the familiar drops I get in the mire to copper muck and then selling during festivals (5g per muck for essentially free, as long as I'm not brewing anything else), and buying/leveling adults on the fodder floor. 132kt is an average, of course, but it's a lot of cash for a small amount of playtime. If I miss a day of exalting and just do G&G and buy babies, it's easy to make up. If I know a big dom battle like the one we just had is coming up, I'll throw more treasure into hatchies so I have a bunch to send off.

Right now I've finished some of my big ticket familiar goals so I'm working on finishing off my Den - unhatched egg drops are rare but I get them around once a week and they're great to trade for the egg I need for the Den. Once the Den's unlocked that's 300g of pure profit! The more room I have in my Den, the more room I have for hatchlings, and I eventually plan on doubling the amount of hatchlings bought per day once I'm no longer buying den slots. It takes a little bit of time to build up (5 days waiting for hatchlings to build up) but it's essentially infinitely scaleable until you're out of den space, because you're making just under double what you spent on them.

If there's a flight pushing, I send the leveled dragons off for gems usually, and raffle tickets with far better odds than Roundsey that cost me essentially nothing.
I buy 12 cheap (5-7kt) hatchlings every day using the 75kt I get from Glimmer and Gloom and level them all to 7 when they grow up. I'd say the average I get per dragon is 11kt per dragon, which is essentially doubling my money. It takes me 30-60m to level a full flight of 12 depending on what else I'm doing in the background.

132kt per day adds up *fast* and that's before I've done anything like familiar bonding, reducing the familiar drops I get in the mire to copper muck and then selling during festivals (5g per muck for essentially free, as long as I'm not brewing anything else), and buying/leveling adults on the fodder floor. 132kt is an average, of course, but it's a lot of cash for a small amount of playtime. If I miss a day of exalting and just do G&G and buy babies, it's easy to make up. If I know a big dom battle like the one we just had is coming up, I'll throw more treasure into hatchies so I have a bunch to send off.

Right now I've finished some of my big ticket familiar goals so I'm working on finishing off my Den - unhatched egg drops are rare but I get them around once a week and they're great to trade for the egg I need for the Den. Once the Den's unlocked that's 300g of pure profit! The more room I have in my Den, the more room I have for hatchlings, and I eventually plan on doubling the amount of hatchlings bought per day once I'm no longer buying den slots. It takes a little bit of time to build up (5 days waiting for hatchlings to build up) but it's essentially infinitely scaleable until you're out of den space, because you're making just under double what you spent on them.

If there's a flight pushing, I send the leveled dragons off for gems usually, and raffle tickets with far better odds than Roundsey that cost me essentially nothing.
image0.png
anything's worth it of you're

1. have a large den
2. in need of monies
3. bored
anything's worth it of you're

1. have a large den
2. in need of monies
3. bored
poem shop
writing prompts
Okay seems like some people are making good money, that's great! But Handdrawnviolist, when you estimated your profit did you minus your investment? I wanted to see if dragon flipping like the way you practice was really worth it compared to just keeping the minigame money, and I am... either confused or bad at math. Based on what I added up you're only making 90,000 profit back, not 132,000 D:>

Say you first gain 75,000 from minigames. Then if you buy 12 dragons for 5,000 each (using the lower price) you spent 60,000 of your minigame money, leaving 15,000 left over.

Because you spent 5,000 per dragon you have to minus the invest per dragon. (example: if you spend 5 dollars on a cookie then re-sell it for 6, you didn't make $6 in profit, you've only made $1) Now, if you exalt all 12 at level 7 you should gain about 11,250 back, or a profit of 6,250 per dragon (less than most adult dragons being sold on market right now). Adding up the profit you made per dragon is 75,000. (or, another way to add it up, is 11,250 x 12 = 135,000 total, minus the total investment of 60,000 for 12 dragons = 75,000 total profit). Then because you didn't spend all of your initial 75,000 from the minigames and had 15,000 left over, you'd end up with 90,000 treasure by the end.

...But you also have to account for the fact you spent most of your initial 75,000 then just technically earned it back, meaning you'd make the same amount of profit just by keeping the 75,000 earned from minigames (instead of spending it) then exalting 2 of your own hatched dragons at level 7 (75,000 from the minigame + 2 level 7 exalts [22,500] without any initial investment = 97,000, no loss, no effort).

So looking at least at that technique I'm still having a hard time thinking it's worth the trouble for me atm! :o Maybe I'll just stick with maxing the minigames every day, in a week that would be 525,000 (and no tax, since it doesn't involve selling dragons). I guess for some folk it's fun and worthwhile, maybe it's just not for me ^_^'
Okay seems like some people are making good money, that's great! But Handdrawnviolist, when you estimated your profit did you minus your investment? I wanted to see if dragon flipping like the way you practice was really worth it compared to just keeping the minigame money, and I am... either confused or bad at math. Based on what I added up you're only making 90,000 profit back, not 132,000 D:>

Say you first gain 75,000 from minigames. Then if you buy 12 dragons for 5,000 each (using the lower price) you spent 60,000 of your minigame money, leaving 15,000 left over.

Because you spent 5,000 per dragon you have to minus the invest per dragon. (example: if you spend 5 dollars on a cookie then re-sell it for 6, you didn't make $6 in profit, you've only made $1) Now, if you exalt all 12 at level 7 you should gain about 11,250 back, or a profit of 6,250 per dragon (less than most adult dragons being sold on market right now). Adding up the profit you made per dragon is 75,000. (or, another way to add it up, is 11,250 x 12 = 135,000 total, minus the total investment of 60,000 for 12 dragons = 75,000 total profit). Then because you didn't spend all of your initial 75,000 from the minigames and had 15,000 left over, you'd end up with 90,000 treasure by the end.

...But you also have to account for the fact you spent most of your initial 75,000 then just technically earned it back, meaning you'd make the same amount of profit just by keeping the 75,000 earned from minigames (instead of spending it) then exalting 2 of your own hatched dragons at level 7 (75,000 from the minigame + 2 level 7 exalts [22,500] without any initial investment = 97,000, no loss, no effort).

So looking at least at that technique I'm still having a hard time thinking it's worth the trouble for me atm! :o Maybe I'll just stick with maxing the minigames every day, in a week that would be 525,000 (and no tax, since it doesn't involve selling dragons). I guess for some folk it's fun and worthwhile, maybe it's just not for me ^_^'
ZNhRsiG.png
Another thing is making money through flipping dragons isn't capped. Yup yup glimmer and gloom is fast but only for 75k, after that you earn nothing. Your earnings selling dragons is only limited to your lair/den space and requires very little time or effort.
And it's not like you can't also max the fairgrounds at the same time. Once you've listed your dragons you can go do something else (coli, fairgrounds, go outside) while your dragons sell. If you're playing fairgrounds you can't do anything else but sit there and play.

Doing a tiny bit of any one thing isn't going to make you much money. Playing the fairgrounds for a few minutes won't make you much just like flipping a few dragons won't. The real rewards come with volume :D
Another thing is making money through flipping dragons isn't capped. Yup yup glimmer and gloom is fast but only for 75k, after that you earn nothing. Your earnings selling dragons is only limited to your lair/den space and requires very little time or effort.
And it's not like you can't also max the fairgrounds at the same time. Once you've listed your dragons you can go do something else (coli, fairgrounds, go outside) while your dragons sell. If you're playing fairgrounds you can't do anything else but sit there and play.

Doing a tiny bit of any one thing isn't going to make you much money. Playing the fairgrounds for a few minutes won't make you much just like flipping a few dragons won't. The real rewards come with volume :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Honestly, I only buy babies if my fodder breeders have disappointed me. Normally I just breed my own fodder, stuff them in the hibden until they grow up, and then train/exalt them. Then it's 8-10kt pure profit per dragon for minimal effort. I can make 16-22kt in 5 minutes, and Ive got room in my hibden for 35 hatchlings. ;D
Honestly, I only buy babies if my fodder breeders have disappointed me. Normally I just breed my own fodder, stuff them in the hibden until they grow up, and then train/exalt them. Then it's 8-10kt pure profit per dragon for minimal effort. I can make 16-22kt in 5 minutes, and Ive got room in my hibden for 35 hatchlings. ;D
earthr.pngkpBHZdf.gifDQCsQbQ.gifearthshieldr.png
1 2 3