Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The last thing you learned
1 2
Hi there! I thought, now that summer is starting and people are learning things in different contexts (not through school/college anymore), I figured, let's keep learning, but let's make it fun! :D

So, what was the last random thing you learned? Spread the knowledge!

The last thing I learned was that apparently, many cultures have some sort of tradition around the 23th/24th of June where they create a bonfire, dance around it and eventually jump over it. Some people do it to celebrate the solstice, others do it to celebrate the birth of Saint John, and I'm sure there are some others who do it for other reasons, but I think it's very intriguing.

What's the last thing you learned?
Hi there! I thought, now that summer is starting and people are learning things in different contexts (not through school/college anymore), I figured, let's keep learning, but let's make it fun! :D

So, what was the last random thing you learned? Spread the knowledge!

The last thing I learned was that apparently, many cultures have some sort of tradition around the 23th/24th of June where they create a bonfire, dance around it and eventually jump over it. Some people do it to celebrate the solstice, others do it to celebrate the birth of Saint John, and I'm sure there are some others who do it for other reasons, but I think it's very intriguing.

What's the last thing you learned?
tumblr_nr4eysl5D31r1w059o1_100.gif
I found out about what happened at Osoweic Fortress on August 6, 1915, which I don't think I am allowed to describe in detail, but it was a battle that happened during WW1
I found out about what happened at Osoweic Fortress on August 6, 1915, which I don't think I am allowed to describe in detail, but it was a battle that happened during WW1
i really like star wars ok
I learned how to fix a sewing machine without the help of google or youtube. And the problem I specifically fixed would've cost me around $75 to get fixed at a repair shop. So I'm a happy clam.
I learned how to fix a sewing machine without the help of google or youtube. And the problem I specifically fixed would've cost me around $75 to get fixed at a repair shop. So I'm a happy clam.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
I learned that jalapeños aren’t actually that spicy and I’m a coward.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
[quote name="LoversMasque" date="2020-06-29 16:49:37" ] I learned that jalapeños aren’t actually that spicy and I’m a coward. [/quote] Now I feel like I'm either an idiot or my taste buds are too sensitive to handle spicy
LoversMasque wrote on 2020-06-29 16:49:37:
Now I feel like I'm either an idiot or my taste buds are too sensitive to handle spicy
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
wikipedia has a random page where you can click any category in that list and it takes you to a random page in that category
wikipedia has a random page where you can click any category in that list and it takes you to a random page in that category

Taiga
He/Him
+3 FR Time
tumblr_inline_nhxsklEd7y1qcphlu.png jPdGQf9.gif PaI4dmB.png
I learned some popularizer of science lectures about quantum physics. That changed my imagination about our world a lot.
I learned some popularizer of science lectures about quantum physics. That changed my imagination about our world a lot.
16033.png
[quote name="LoversMasque" date="2020-06-29 16:49:37" ] I learned that jalapeños aren’t actually that spicy and I’m a coward. [/quote] I love the spice scale!!! [img]https://www.isabeleats.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/the-scoville-scale-heat-units.jpg[/img] It's astonishing that it even goes that high...
LoversMasque wrote on 2020-06-29 16:49:37:

I love the spice scale!!!
the-scoville-scale-heat-units.jpg

It's astonishing that it even goes that high...
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
I learned about cables in New York city that allow the Jewish community to do things on Sabbath. Very interesting stuff.
I learned about cables in New York city that allow the Jewish community to do things on Sabbath. Very interesting stuff.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
I recently learnt to do french knots, although I didn't come across it randomly, I went looking for it
I recently learnt to do french knots, although I didn't come across it randomly, I went looking for it
signature-crop-unscreen.gif
1 2