Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 212 213
[size=4]Added my own mock ups inspired by some great ones players have been making over here on the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2871101][b]suggestions forum[/b][/url]. I believe the suggestions forums are where they would prefer us to offer potential improvements.[/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bAT1hzd.png[/img]
Added my own mock ups inspired by some great ones players have been making over here on the suggestions forum. I believe the suggestions forums are where they would prefer us to offer potential improvements.

bAT1hzd.png
4kcVqQ3.pnghZ1w7GJ.pngyMwAJm4.gifqnT4AmN.png
[quote name="RetroJackal" date="2020-06-08 17:04:43" ] [size=4]Added my own mock ups inspired by some great ones players have been making over here on the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2871101][b]suggestions forum[/b][/url]. I believe the suggestions forums are where they would prefer us to offer potential improvements.[/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bAT1hzd.png[/img] [/quote] You did a much better job then I did! And this, is BEAUTIFUL! This is much more together, and less clutter feeling <3
RetroJackal wrote on 2020-06-08 17:04:43:
Added my own mock ups inspired by some great ones players have been making over here on the suggestions forum. I believe the suggestions forums are where they would prefer us to offer potential improvements.

bAT1hzd.png

You did a much better job then I did!
And this, is BEAUTIFUL! This is much more together, and less clutter feeling <3
VdNwmsY.gif
[quote name="Hiriajuu" date="2020-06-08 17:02:47" ] [quote name="BananaCrackers" date="2020-06-08 16:03:03" ] [quote name="mynnafae" date="2020-06-08 15:07:05" ] Happy anniversary! Thank you for all your hard work. I will be honest, I don't like the more "streamlined" look; the placement of the apparel 'boxes' or the coliseum stat box. Or "Level 1 Male Coatl (Light)" at the top of the page for dragons. It makes me a bit uncomfortable because I have man trans and non-binary dragons, having an assigned gender bothers me. The liking of dragons also makes it feel like a popularity contest. I do like some of the changes, I like scenes though I doubt I will use them. I like naming familiars adn the new sorting options. However I find the new dragon view personally irksome and would enjoy an option to have a "classic" view. [/quote] I am reading the comments and this very much stuck out to me. Maybe that line shouldn’t be on the dragon just there ID number. Gender is mostly for breeding. Skins and accents too but those are just for dragon shape and is ok. And there is a flight symbol under the health bar so we do not need flights at top and bottom. I think we don’t need the Male/female at the top if it’s not inclusive. [/quote] Big same, gosh. Half of my lair is trans/gnc, and as a trans person from a country where they recently made it a law that you must have your birth assigned sex visible and unchangable in your IDs, and it being pride month anyway, it feels like a huge slap in the face that they made that mostly unnecessary piece of info a way bigger thing than it used to be, putting it in that subtitle. And with bio being pushed further down, it matters even less that I tried to clarify my dragons genders and pronouns there. It makes me so uncomfortable, along with the anxiety-inducing cluttered UI, that I'm considering going on a lengthy hiatus. I've been here for a bit more than a year, and I trhoroughly enjoyed it so far, but I fear I won't be able to anymore, with all these unnecessariy changes. [/quote] I really feel like that the timing of this is really off???? I mean due to all the stuff going on right now. I read the letters that were posted by the admin and took that as a thank you for supporting our efforts with the blm movement and also pride month and I understand why they decided to go forward with this change. However, since there is also the pandemic going on at the same time I kinda thought that the admin might have thought "Oh, maybe we should not do that really site changing decision to change the dragon page now because the world is kinda in chaos right now???" I don't know, but it seems that it just kinda increased peoples stress on a site that is not supposed to be overly stressful. There are a lot of good parts that I can support in this update... its not all bad. Its a change that should have been critiqued before it was put forth by the community and talked about it, especially since its a drastic change in a drastic time.
Hiriajuu wrote on 2020-06-08 17:02:47:
BananaCrackers wrote on 2020-06-08 16:03:03:
mynnafae wrote on 2020-06-08 15:07:05:
Happy anniversary! Thank you for all your hard work.

I will be honest, I don't like the more "streamlined" look; the placement of the apparel 'boxes' or the coliseum stat box. Or "Level 1 Male Coatl (Light)" at the top of the page for dragons. It makes me a bit uncomfortable because I have man trans and non-binary dragons, having an assigned gender bothers me. The liking of dragons also makes it feel like a popularity contest.

I do like some of the changes, I like scenes though I doubt I will use them. I like naming familiars adn the new sorting options. However I find the new dragon view personally irksome and would enjoy an option to have a "classic" view.

I am reading the comments and this very much stuck out to me.
Maybe that line shouldn’t be on the dragon just there ID number. Gender is mostly for breeding. Skins and accents too but those are just for dragon shape and is ok.
And there is a flight symbol under the health bar so we do not need flights at top and bottom.

I think we don’t need the Male/female at the top if it’s not inclusive.

Big same, gosh. Half of my lair is trans/gnc, and as a trans person from a country where they recently made it a law that you must have your birth assigned sex visible and unchangable in your IDs, and it being pride month anyway, it feels like a huge slap in the face that they made that mostly unnecessary piece of info a way bigger thing than it used to be, putting it in that subtitle. And with bio being pushed further down, it matters even less that I tried to clarify my dragons genders and pronouns there. It makes me so uncomfortable, along with the anxiety-inducing cluttered UI, that I'm considering going on a lengthy hiatus. I've been here for a bit more than a year, and I trhoroughly enjoyed it so far, but I fear I won't be able to anymore, with all these unnecessariy changes.
I really feel like that the timing of this is really off???? I mean due to all the stuff going on right now. I read the letters that were posted by the admin and took that as a thank you for supporting our efforts with the blm movement and also pride month and I understand why they decided to go forward with this change. However, since there is also the pandemic going on at the same time I kinda thought that the admin might have thought "Oh, maybe we should not do that really site changing decision to change the dragon page now because the world is kinda in chaos right now???" I don't know, but it seems that it just kinda increased peoples stress on a site that is not supposed to be overly stressful.
There are a lot of good parts that I can support in this update... its not all bad. Its a change that should have been critiqued before it was put forth by the community and talked about it, especially since its a drastic change in a drastic time.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
[quote name="KisaWolfz" date="2020-06-08 17:07:26" ] [quote name="RetroJackal" date="2020-06-08 17:04:43" ] [size=4]Added my own mock ups inspired by some great ones players have been making over here on the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2871101][b]suggestions forum[/b][/url]. I believe the suggestions forums are where they would prefer us to offer potential improvements.[/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bAT1hzd.png[/img] [/quote] You did a much better job then I did! And this, is BEAUTIFUL! This is much more together, and less clutter feeling <3 [/quote] Now this is a change I can get behind.
KisaWolfz wrote on 2020-06-08 17:07:26:
RetroJackal wrote on 2020-06-08 17:04:43:

bAT1hzd.png

You did a much better job then I did!
And this, is BEAUTIFUL! This is much more together, and less clutter feeling <3
Now this is a change I can get behind.
[quote name="0bsidian" date="2020-06-08 10:05:47" ] wait, what if these scenes are released in the new cycle for fests???? bruh [/quote] oh? This is an interesting idea!
0bsidian wrote on 2020-06-08 10:05:47:
wait, what if these scenes are released in the new cycle for fests???? bruh
oh? This is an interesting idea!
FloridianShe/HerAromantic
Nature is not a place to visit,
It is HOME
-Gary Snyder
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, FR! I LOVE THE TEAM SO MUCH <3
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, FR! I LOVE THE TEAM SO MUCH <3
10302021_banner.png
I know Shadow and Plague have the coolest aesthetics, but it would be nice if we sometimes didn't have to pay gem market prices for our things.

This is a great update! I love the familiar naming and the scenes, a thing I have wished FR had for a while now. It definitely is taking some getting used to the new layout, but not because it isn't excellent, in my opinion! I feel like my dragons are much more on display now, thank you, 10/10 anniversary.

Thank you all very much for everything you do to make Flight Rising such a great place!
I know Shadow and Plague have the coolest aesthetics, but it would be nice if we sometimes didn't have to pay gem market prices for our things.

This is a great update! I love the familiar naming and the scenes, a thing I have wished FR had for a while now. It definitely is taking some getting used to the new layout, but not because it isn't excellent, in my opinion! I feel like my dragons are much more on display now, thank you, 10/10 anniversary.

Thank you all very much for everything you do to make Flight Rising such a great place!
MXmMK3p.png83JjnTB.png nVMPBGA.png
[quote name="Floridian" date="2020-06-08 17:08:50" ] [quote name="0bsidian" date="2020-06-08 10:05:47" ] wait, what if these scenes are released in the new cycle for fests???? bruh [/quote] oh? This is an interesting idea! [/quote] Yeah it'll probably be in the new cycle for fests. Im pretty happy that it might use festival currency instead of regular currency! That means I might have the means to actually buy it.
Floridian wrote on 2020-06-08 17:08:50:
0bsidian wrote on 2020-06-08 10:05:47:
wait, what if these scenes are released in the new cycle for fests???? bruh
oh? This is an interesting idea!
Yeah it'll probably be in the new cycle for fests. Im pretty happy that it might use festival currency instead of regular currency! That means I might have the means to actually buy it.
Everything in my life is calling out in prayer for user made Scenes [emoji=skull size=1] here I stand, Hyp'd
Everything in my life is calling out in prayer for user made Scenes here I stand, Hyp'd
I am not so sure about these new Dragon Page layouts. . . it looks like a spreadsheet with a dragon drawn in the middle. Eesh.
I am not so sure about these new Dragon Page layouts. . . it looks like a spreadsheet with a dragon drawn in the middle. Eesh.
1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 212 213