Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 212 213
Happy anniversary FR. Will take a while for my brain t get used to how my dragons pages look now, bu I love the addition of scenes/backgrounds..and the abilitity to use a vista in the profile :)
Happy anniversary FR. Will take a while for my brain t get used to how my dragons pages look now, bu I love the addition of scenes/backgrounds..and the abilitity to use a vista in the profile :)
[quote name="Jerepasaurus" date="2020-06-08 16:03:37" ] [quote name="CobraKing" date="2020-06-08 11:05:54" ] I just came back from a long hiatus in May, and um... starting to wish I hadn't come back. I love the concept of scenes. I really do. But the execution seems poor. I also can't stand to look at dragon profiles now. They're just so... cluttered and chaotic. It almost hurts to look at. Also agreeing that I'm not so sure I like how expensive scenes are, yet they don't apply to the entire account. At least they're only 50kt in the treasure MP, but 200g? That seems a bit much. Very mixed feelings for this anniversary. I hope we get an option to customize the layout of our dragon profiles, because as it stands I really really don't want to look at them anymore. [/quote] I had to go play some other games today to relieve the building stress from this. And I came back after several hours when a friend popped up late with some input. I went to look at my dragons again and realized... I'm not enjoying it now. I've been here every day, nearly all day long, for nearly 7 years. I've never gone under 80% energy except when I had to leave home for life saving surgery 6 months ago... and this is the first time, ever... [i]that I don't like looking at my dragons now.[/i] [/quote] This. (Except I have a sensory processing disorder so it is literally painful to look at my dragons, to the point I cannot even stay long enough to press the button to bond with my familiar.) I'm about to download a website blocker to block me from visiting this site, because it is causing me so much distress and I would like to do something today other than cry.
Jerepasaurus wrote on 2020-06-08 16:03:37:
CobraKing wrote on 2020-06-08 11:05:54:
I just came back from a long hiatus in May, and um... starting to wish I hadn't come back.

I love the concept of scenes. I really do. But the execution seems poor. I also can't stand to look at dragon profiles now. They're just so... cluttered and chaotic. It almost hurts to look at.

Also agreeing that I'm not so sure I like how expensive scenes are, yet they don't apply to the entire account. At least they're only 50kt in the treasure MP, but 200g? That seems a bit much.

Very mixed feelings for this anniversary. I hope we get an option to customize the layout of our dragon profiles, because as it stands I really really don't want to look at them anymore.

I had to go play some other games today to relieve the building stress from this.
And I came back after several hours when a friend popped up late with some input. I went to look at my dragons again and realized... I'm not enjoying it now.

I've been here every day, nearly all day long, for nearly 7 years.
I've never gone under 80% energy except when I had to leave home for life saving surgery 6 months ago...

and this is the first time, ever... that I don't like looking at my dragons now.

This. (Except I have a sensory processing disorder so it is literally painful to look at my dragons, to the point I cannot even stay long enough to press the button to bond with my familiar.)

I'm about to download a website blocker to block me from visiting this site, because it is causing me so much distress and I would like to do something today other than cry.
igmcfSH.pngPXjp8QF.pngOn4IJIp.pngxcRmvRB.pngprsdX1I.png
[quote name="Amayai" date="2020-06-08 06:59:08" ] last edit, finally: Devs, if you've been seeing, the forums are astirr. So are the discord servers. User Celeana did a wonderful job creating a profile mockup [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2870775/1#post_43579784]here[/url] that perfectly fixes the apparel problem, as well as redistributing the bottom row so that it isn't such a drastic departure from the past layout that many of us loved. [/quote] I agree with the above post about the apparel not needing to be right beside the dragon, and think the mockup linked looks great! I also have my own issue though. As much as I love all the new features, the page loading time increased a TON. [u]It used to take ~1-3 seconds [/u]for a dragon's page to load. [u]Now, it takes ~20-80 seconds[/u] for a dragon page to load, and I've been trying to do my daily bonding with familiars for [i][b]literal hours[/b][/i]. The number of times I've wanted to quit or throw the computer at the wall is uncountable, and has IMMENSELY lowered my enjoyment. I have been at my computer for around 5 hours now, just trying to bond with familiars and check the marketplace while I wait for the pages to load, because I'm bored out of my mind but don't want to just neglect my babies. If this isn't fixed, I'll have to give up bonding with my familiars because I just don't have time to love them all, and even saying that breaks my heart.
Amayai wrote on 2020-06-08 06:59:08:
last edit, finally:
Devs, if you've been seeing, the forums are astirr. So are the discord servers. User Celeana did a wonderful job creating a profile mockup here that perfectly fixes the apparel problem, as well as redistributing the bottom row so that it isn't such a drastic departure from the past layout that many of us loved.

I agree with the above post about the apparel not needing to be right beside the dragon, and think the mockup linked looks great!

I also have my own issue though. As much as I love all the new features, the page loading time increased a TON. It used to take ~1-3 seconds for a dragon's page to load. Now, it takes ~20-80 seconds for a dragon page to load, and I've been trying to do my daily bonding with familiars for literal hours. The number of times I've wanted to quit or throw the computer at the wall is uncountable, and has IMMENSELY lowered my enjoyment.

I have been at my computer for around 5 hours now, just trying to bond with familiars and check the marketplace while I wait for the pages to load, because I'm bored out of my mind but don't want to just neglect my babies. If this isn't fixed, I'll have to give up bonding with my familiars because I just don't have time to love them all, and even saying that breaks my heart.
demisexual-hearts.png eVePoiw.gifF7794255-4279-4-C5-A-8883-0-E7-D9-C0-DC375.png feather_badge_v1_small.png
[quote name="Jerepasaurus" date="2020-06-08 16:03:37" ] [quote name="CobraKing" date="2020-06-08 11:05:54" ] I just came back from a long hiatus in May, and um... starting to wish I hadn't come back. I love the concept of scenes. I really do. But the execution seems poor. I also can't stand to look at dragon profiles now. They're just so... cluttered and chaotic. It almost hurts to look at. Also agreeing that I'm not so sure I like how expensive scenes are, yet they don't apply to the entire account. At least they're only 50kt in the treasure MP, but 200g? That seems a bit much. Very mixed feelings for this anniversary. I hope we get an option to customize the layout of our dragon profiles, because as it stands I really really don't want to look at them anymore. [/quote] I had to go play some other games today to relieve the building stress from this. And I came back after several hours when a friend popped up late with some input. I went to look at my dragons again and realized... I'm not enjoying it now. I've been here every day, nearly all day long, for nearly 7 years. I've never gone under 80% energy except when I had to leave home for life saving surgery 6 months ago... and this is the first time, ever... [i]that I don't like looking at my dragons now.[/i] There's plenty of concepts here I'm excited for, but they feel vastly overshadowed by the problems also created by the changes. [/quote] I really like the ideas of scenes and there are a lot of interesting additions for this update but I really don't enjoy looking at the dragons anymore??? The update is way too cluttered and not structured as the original design was.
Jerepasaurus wrote on 2020-06-08 16:03:37:
CobraKing wrote on 2020-06-08 11:05:54:
I just came back from a long hiatus in May, and um... starting to wish I hadn't come back.

I love the concept of scenes. I really do. But the execution seems poor. I also can't stand to look at dragon profiles now. They're just so... cluttered and chaotic. It almost hurts to look at.

Also agreeing that I'm not so sure I like how expensive scenes are, yet they don't apply to the entire account. At least they're only 50kt in the treasure MP, but 200g? That seems a bit much.

Very mixed feelings for this anniversary. I hope we get an option to customize the layout of our dragon profiles, because as it stands I really really don't want to look at them anymore.

I had to go play some other games today to relieve the building stress from this.
And I came back after several hours when a friend popped up late with some input. I went to look at my dragons again and realized... I'm not enjoying it now.

I've been here every day, nearly all day long, for nearly 7 years.
I've never gone under 80% energy except when I had to leave home for life saving surgery 6 months ago... and this is the first time, ever... that I don't like looking at my dragons now.

There's plenty of concepts here I'm excited for, but they feel vastly overshadowed by the problems also created by the changes.
I really like the ideas of scenes and there are a lot of interesting additions for this update but I really don't enjoy looking at the dragons anymore??? The update is way too cluttered and not structured as the original design was.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
Oh my! I was such in a hurry IRL today that I couldn't sit to see everything with calm, but now I can! <3 I love this update, I'm a bit 50-50, but I think i'll get used to the new layout <3 I like the scenes now and woah would be great to have scenes blueprints so we could make some custom ones 8) @Kaepora Thought about that? :D and btw, does the scenes on gem market place, baldwin and treasure market place will poof after the festivities are over, or they will continue? I think to a start all changes are good, i'm still attached to the old one, but the new one being more wide opens more possibilities :3 My only small complaint and as a graphic designer is that the choice of putting the arrows < and > right on top of the dragon is a bad decision, so maybe smaller arrows and more to the side would be good. Happy anniversary, FR! Thanks for all the amazing 7 years <3 PS. English is not my native language, but I try... omg do I try! [emoji=music note size=1]
Oh my! I was such in a hurry IRL today that I couldn't sit to see everything with calm, but now I can! <3

I love this update, I'm a bit 50-50, but I think i'll get used to the new layout <3 I like the scenes now and woah would be great to have scenes blueprints so we could make some custom ones 8) @Kaepora Thought about that? :D and btw, does the scenes on gem market place, baldwin and treasure market place will poof after the festivities are over, or they will continue?

I think to a start all changes are good, i'm still attached to the old one, but the new one being more wide opens more possibilities :3
My only small complaint and as a graphic designer is that the choice of putting the arrows < and > right on top of the dragon is a bad decision, so maybe smaller arrows and more to the side would be good.

Happy anniversary, FR! Thanks for all the amazing 7 years <3

PS. English is not my native language, but I try... omg do I try!
Art_shop.png
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!
[quote name="lunarScale" date="2020-06-08 16:08:16" ] [quote name="Amayai" date="2020-06-08 06:59:08" ] last edit, finally: Devs, if you've been seeing, the forums are astirr. So are the discord servers. User Celeana did a wonderful job creating a profile mockup [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2870775/1#post_43579784]here[/url] that perfectly fixes the apparel problem, as well as redistributing the bottom row so that it isn't such a drastic departure from the past layout that many of us loved. [/quote] I agree with the above post about the apparel not needing to be right beside the dragon, and think the mockup linked looks great! I also have my own issue though. As much as I love all the new features, the page loading time increased a TON. [u]It used to take ~1-3 seconds [/u]for a dragon's page to load. [u]Now, it takes ~20-80 seconds[/u] for a dragon page to load, and I've been trying to do my daily bonding with familiars for [i][b]literal hours[/b][/i]. The number of times I've wanted to quit or throw the computer at the wall is uncountable, and has IMMENSELY lowered my enjoyment. I have been at my computer for around 5 hours now, just trying to bond with familiars and check the marketplace while I wait for the pages to load, because I'm bored out of my mind but don't want to just neglect my babies. If this isn't fixed, I'll have to give up bonding with my familiars because I just don't have time to love them all, and even saying that breaks my heart. [/quote] Ohhh I support this! The mockup @Celeana did is good and aligns things better <3
lunarScale wrote on 2020-06-08 16:08:16:
Amayai wrote on 2020-06-08 06:59:08:
last edit, finally:
Devs, if you've been seeing, the forums are astirr. So are the discord servers. User Celeana did a wonderful job creating a profile mockup here that perfectly fixes the apparel problem, as well as redistributing the bottom row so that it isn't such a drastic departure from the past layout that many of us loved.

I agree with the above post about the apparel not needing to be right beside the dragon, and think the mockup linked looks great!

I also have my own issue though. As much as I love all the new features, the page loading time increased a TON. It used to take ~1-3 seconds for a dragon's page to load. Now, it takes ~20-80 seconds for a dragon page to load, and I've been trying to do my daily bonding with familiars for literal hours. The number of times I've wanted to quit or throw the computer at the wall is uncountable, and has IMMENSELY lowered my enjoyment.

I have been at my computer for around 5 hours now, just trying to bond with familiars and check the marketplace while I wait for the pages to load, because I'm bored out of my mind but don't want to just neglect my babies. If this isn't fixed, I'll have to give up bonding with my familiars because I just don't have time to love them all, and even saying that breaks my heart.

Ohhh I support this! The mockup @Celeana did is good and aligns things better <3
Art_shop.png
The changes to familiar assignment are wonderful. So much easier to use, and the dragon preview as an aid to coordinating the selection is an unexpected (but hugely appreciated) bonus.

I'm not really a fan of the apparel information being given such a prominent place on profiles though. Its ugly and feels out of place. I'd much rather have the dragon info there or even just whitespace with the apparel down below alongside the battle load-out. Not a big deal though.

Overall a great update! Thanks for all the hard work!
The changes to familiar assignment are wonderful. So much easier to use, and the dragon preview as an aid to coordinating the selection is an unexpected (but hugely appreciated) bonus.

I'm not really a fan of the apparel information being given such a prominent place on profiles though. Its ugly and feels out of place. I'd much rather have the dragon info there or even just whitespace with the apparel down below alongside the battle load-out. Not a big deal though.

Overall a great update! Thanks for all the hard work!
Okay I am usually pretty fine with updates that are a bit controversial, but this... hoo boy. The whole point of FR is to create aesthetically pleasing dragons. The new dragon UI layout has replaced the simple, clean template with something so full and cluttered it makes any dragon messy to look at. The dragon's image is boxed in with all this information that is not important and takes the focus away from the actual dragon. Why does the apparel & skin need to be taking up room next to the actual dragon? You add apparel to customise your dragon, not the apparel list. Dragons without apparel (either by player choice, ancient breeds, or permababies) will be stuck with a large, empty space to the left of the dragon, making the whole page really unbalanced. Why is the familiar right next to the dragon? The image is so large it really does draw attention away from the dragon. I'd be tempted to not use familiars at all to try give my dragons a bit of breathing space. Why do we need the dragon's coli stats & info? We can go to the coliseum to view that. Plus all the extra icons only serve to make the UI even [i]more[/i] cluttered. Additionally, the old UI was minimal in terms of colour, meaning it could blend into the background & not clash with a dragon's colours. The new one is bright & colourful, which is nice in itself, but not when it has to go alongside a dragon which has such a huge range of possible colours & combinations. For a game [i]about dragons[/i], the new UI is the new dominant component on the dragon's page, which baffles me. I'd estimate the UI now takes up about three times the space as the dragon itself. Why?? [img]https://i.imgur.com/oZVPtjT.jpg[/img] Considering how this has such a large affect on the core element of the game, I am shocked the staff did not at least mention this to the playerbase. A post discussing the options with a poll would have been so much better in my opinion. As far as I am aware nobody was complaining about the old UI, so it baffles me that the staff decided to put all the time and effort into changing it so drastically. It wasn't broken, so why did you feel the need to so radically 'fix' it? I love this game. I have been playing for years. I am passionate about it & that passion has kept me going through a lot of difficulties. But this? I played FR to make pretty dragons with pretty bios, but with this clunky, cluttered UI I think I have lost the ability to do that. I am honestly unreasonably devastated with the update, & am afraid I may lose what I so loved about FR for so many years. Please revisit the UI. Please revise it and get rid of the unnecessary clutter or, better yet, give us the opportunity to go back to the old style. In a game about dragons, the UI should enhance the appeal of the dragon, not take away from it. Please, please listen to the feedback you're getting.
Okay I am usually pretty fine with updates that are a bit controversial, but this... hoo boy.

The whole point of FR is to create aesthetically pleasing dragons. The new dragon UI layout has replaced the simple, clean template with something so full and cluttered it makes any dragon messy to look at. The dragon's image is boxed in with all this information that is not important and takes the focus away from the actual dragon. Why does the apparel & skin need to be taking up room next to the actual dragon? You add apparel to customise your dragon, not the apparel list. Dragons without apparel (either by player choice, ancient breeds, or permababies) will be stuck with a large, empty space to the left of the dragon, making the whole page really unbalanced. Why is the familiar right next to the dragon? The image is so large it really does draw attention away from the dragon. I'd be tempted to not use familiars at all to try give my dragons a bit of breathing space. Why do we need the dragon's coli stats & info? We can go to the coliseum to view that. Plus all the extra icons only serve to make the UI even more cluttered.

Additionally, the old UI was minimal in terms of colour, meaning it could blend into the background & not clash with a dragon's colours. The new one is bright & colourful, which is nice in itself, but not when it has to go alongside a dragon which has such a huge range of possible colours & combinations.

For a game about dragons, the new UI is the new dominant component on the dragon's page, which baffles me. I'd estimate the UI now takes up about three times the space as the dragon itself. Why??

oZVPtjT.jpg

Considering how this has such a large affect on the core element of the game, I am shocked the staff did not at least mention this to the playerbase. A post discussing the options with a poll would have been so much better in my opinion. As far as I am aware nobody was complaining about the old UI, so it baffles me that the staff decided to put all the time and effort into changing it so drastically. It wasn't broken, so why did you feel the need to so radically 'fix' it?

I love this game. I have been playing for years. I am passionate about it & that passion has kept me going through a lot of difficulties. But this? I played FR to make pretty dragons with pretty bios, but with this clunky, cluttered UI I think I have lost the ability to do that. I am honestly unreasonably devastated with the update, & am afraid I may lose what I so loved about FR for so many years.

Please revisit the UI. Please revise it and get rid of the unnecessary clutter or, better yet, give us the opportunity to go back to the old style. In a game about dragons, the UI should enhance the appeal of the dragon, not take away from it. Please, please listen to the feedback you're getting.
Stg5Ceo.gif » New Zealand | +19 FR time
» Any pronouns
» Wishlist
happy birthday to flight rising and also to our progens hpp clanbirthday you two [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/33/3213p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/33/3214p.png[/img] you're seven now! And look at all those awesome updates. oh man. Oh gosh. So cool (although I've nver really... thought about my familiars' names, even though with my dragons it's 'you get the familiar and they're your partner forever'. Probably because there wasn't much point, I have a bad memory, if I'd named them I would have forgotten) the updates to the dragon's apparel having search options! Being able to send a dragon's morphology straight to scry! aaaaaa Backgrounds are neat! (my one ?complaint? Nitpick? is that it seems really weird to me to have the apparel next to the dragon rather than their info? Like, when I go to a dragon, I just feel like their size and genes and age are much more likely what I want to see first, as opposed to their clothes- especially since not all dragons have clothes but all dragons have a size and colours and age) (also, yeah, they certainly seem more cluttered now with more stuff alongside the dragon rather than just their infobox, also a downside to the change)
happy birthday to flight rising and also to our progens hpp clanbirthday you two
3213p.png3214p.png
you're seven now!

And look at all those awesome updates. oh man. Oh gosh. So cool
(although I've nver really... thought about my familiars' names, even though with my dragons it's 'you get the familiar and they're your partner forever'. Probably because there wasn't much point, I have a bad memory, if I'd named them I would have forgotten)

the updates to the dragon's apparel having search options! Being able to send a dragon's morphology straight to scry! aaaaaa
Backgrounds are neat!

(my one ?complaint? Nitpick? is that it seems really weird to me to have the apparel next to the dragon rather than their info? Like, when I go to a dragon, I just feel like their size and genes and age are much more likely what I want to see first, as opposed to their clothes- especially since not all dragons have clothes but all dragons have a size and colours and age)
(also, yeah, they certainly seem more cluttered now with more stuff alongside the dragon rather than just their infobox, also a downside to the change)
1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 212 213