Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 212 213
Yay this is all really cool!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.
Yay this is all really cool!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.
6NDVAGQ.png
Happy anniversary, I love this new update!
The new profile looks great, I'm just a bit nervous about that like button. I hope it doesn't turn into a popularity contest.
Happy anniversary, I love this new update!
The new profile looks great, I'm just a bit nervous about that like button. I hope it doesn't turn into a popularity contest.
cQS6PnX.png
T0lT2WO.png
45IOEOz.png
Jg1iwNo.png
dEe2UrM.png
YMPbu9R.png

wCNI1.gif
pXZvU.gif
yy9yo.gif
yHVqe.gif
the dragons look so BIG and BEAUTIFUL AAA
the dragons look so BIG and BEAUTIFUL AAA

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
Wow, new profiles are absolutely awesome, thank you, thank you very much!!! And familiars naming is soooo coool!!! [emoji=guardian love size=1][emoji=gaoler love size=1][emoji=mirror love size=1]
Wow, new profiles are absolutely awesome, thank you, thank you very much!!! And familiars naming is soooo coool!!!
So my first post here was critiquing the new layout and how it feels cluttered. I still think this. But I will share some positive things I found so far: Sorting familiars by their loyalty status when assigning them to a dragon is a godsend. I used to keep my bestiary open and have to scan the minuscule familiar pictures to find the one I was looking for. This is what I'm really excited for now. And I will say that I like naming the familiars, though I haven't thought about 99% of the familiar's names before, it will be a fun thing going forward. Another positive is that it looks like the new remembrance scene was [i]made[/i] for my boy [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/8823343][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/88234/8823343.png[/img][/url]
So my first post here was critiquing the new layout and how it feels cluttered. I still think this. But I will share some positive things I found so far:

Sorting familiars by their loyalty status when assigning them to a dragon is a godsend. I used to keep my bestiary open and have to scan the minuscule familiar pictures to find the one I was looking for. This is what I'm really excited for now.

And I will say that I like naming the familiars, though I haven't thought about 99% of the familiar's names before, it will be a fun thing going forward.

Another positive is that it looks like the new remembrance scene was made for my boy
8823343.png
Always seeking dragons with interesting colors, Buying thread Stock the Pond! Breeding Challenge
he/him
twenties
mentally ill
about me / FAQ
clan lore
arcane flight
pings ok
FR Time +3
Fandragons tab
Pastel Goth Imperial Hatchery, Selling thread Secondhand Dragons for sale, selling thread
Am I just blind, or is the option to navigate to the next dragon in your lair from the previous dragon's profile gone? It's how I bond with familiars without having to constantly go back to the lair screen, but I cannot find the option anymore @_@
Am I just blind, or is the option to navigate to the next dragon in your lair from the previous dragon's profile gone? It's how I bond with familiars without having to constantly go back to the lair screen, but I cannot find the option anymore @_@
banner.png
[quote name="Astr0fish" date="2020-06-08 07:55:02" ] [quote name="ValidEmotions" date="2020-06-08 07:48:09" ] I think I understand some of the critiques people have about the update/revamp. Personally, I enjoy the brand new look/layout. Most of what I don't understand is where people are saying they see the apparel first. Is that because your gaze is used to having the dragon more on the left side of the page? Because, as it stands, my gaze immediately falls to the dragon in the center and I have to actively turn my attention away to glance at the apparel listed. [/quote] Its more of a thing that everything is so much bigger than before and the scenes in the back make the space seem much more cluttered than before. The apparel is so much smaller than before and dealing with dressing dragons like originally is so much more difficult due to having to click on the customization page and then on the outfit page instead of just going straight to editing a dergs outfit. I feel that the apparel is distracting because it show all the slots for apparel on a derg. Although that is nice for people who have not maxed out their lair slots, when I go onto a dragons page I just see a lot of dotted boxes that create noise on the left side of my vision. There are also a lot of dergs that rely on little to no apparel, and its not as nice to see dotted empty boxes instead of the usual dragon. This is really apparent with ancient breeds, because there's just a big chunk of empty space on the left side of the page with no way to change that. [/quote] Yes, exactly. It’s such [b]bad[/b] design. The apparel section basically has the same visual weight as the dragon. And it’s to the left of the dragon, so you “read” it first. And all the empty boxes are ugly. It just makes me anxious. I legit don’t understand how anyone likes the new layout. It’s so messy. Why does the apparel even need to be on the same level as the dragon? It doesn’t make any sense.
Astr0fish wrote on 2020-06-08 07:55:02:
ValidEmotions wrote on 2020-06-08 07:48:09:
I think I understand some of the critiques people have about the update/revamp. Personally, I enjoy the brand new look/layout.

Most of what I don't understand is where people are saying they see the apparel first. Is that because your gaze is used to having the dragon more on the left side of the page? Because, as it stands, my gaze immediately falls to the dragon in the center and I have to actively turn my attention away to glance at the apparel listed.

Its more of a thing that everything is so much bigger than before and the scenes in the back make the space seem much more cluttered than before. The apparel is so much smaller than before and dealing with dressing dragons like originally is so much more difficult due to having to click on the customization page and then on the outfit page instead of just going straight to editing a dergs outfit.
I feel that the apparel is distracting because it show all the slots for apparel on a derg. Although that is nice for people who have not maxed out their lair slots, when I go onto a dragons page I just see a lot of dotted boxes that create noise on the left side of my vision. There are also a lot of dergs that rely on little to no apparel, and its not as nice to see dotted empty boxes instead of the usual dragon. This is really apparent with ancient breeds, because there's just a big chunk of empty space on the left side of the page with no way to change that.

Yes, exactly. It’s such bad design. The apparel section basically has the same visual weight as the dragon. And it’s to the left of the dragon, so you “read” it first. And all the empty boxes are ugly.

It just makes me anxious. I legit don’t understand how anyone likes the new layout. It’s so messy.

Why does the apparel even need to be on the same level as the dragon? It doesn’t make any sense.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Happy BIRTHDAY FR!!!!![emoji=coatl love size=2]
Happy BIRTHDAY FR!!!!!
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
@Lisspeed
There's a lot of people on at once which is why everything is laggy! I believe that that'll clear up once the amount of people on the server go down.
@Lisspeed
There's a lot of people on at once which is why everything is laggy! I believe that that'll clear up once the amount of people on the server go down.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
[quote name="Astr0fish" date="2020-06-08 07:55:02" ] There are also a lot of dragons that rely on little to no apparel, and its not as nice to see dotted empty boxes instead of the usual dragon. This is really apparent with ancient breeds, because there's just a big chunk of empty space on the left side of the page with no way to change that. [/quote] @Astr0fish This, especially. Dashed boxes give the sense that you should add apparel to fill them in, and there are many dragons that look good without apparel. However, the ancients don't have the apparel section on their screen at all, and to me it looks pretty nice. I'm glad that the general consensus is that the apparel section of the new layout adds clutter or noise/feels incomplete or needs tweaking/moving/toggling.
Astr0fish wrote on 2020-06-08 07:55:02:
There are also a lot of dragons that rely on little to no apparel, and its not as nice to see dotted empty boxes instead of the usual dragon. This is really apparent with ancient breeds, because there's just a big chunk of empty space on the left side of the page with no way to change that.
@Astr0fish

This, especially. Dashed boxes give the sense that you should add apparel to fill them in, and there are many dragons that look good without apparel. However, the ancients don't have the apparel section on their screen at all, and to me it looks pretty nice.
I'm glad that the general consensus is that the apparel section of the new layout adds clutter or noise/feels incomplete or needs tweaking/moving/toggling.
M7pFA9R.png
tmony
+2 FR
one million tundra dragons
tyEuRXe.pngfLdYOuE.pngT9kSrSy.png
bleh
bleh2 bleh3 StjSAn9.png
b PUBaf.gif
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 212 213