Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Stone & Storm // IC [full]
1 2 3 4 5 6
Awaking to quite the scene was startling to Henrik. Injuries, a struggle, so much for a peaceful first night. Seeing how a few of the dragons made out made him feel lucky that it was still only the soreness of being tossed from the ship was all he was feeling. He was going to make sure the other's were alright and would be able to move for the day when Recia spoke up.

"What?" Henrik frowned, glancing between the mirror and the others." Those are quite the claims... Maybe it could have been something native to here? We were camped out on the beach, it seems awfully bold to immediately jump to it being some of us! even if it was, we need to think things over and tend to those wounded. It'll be of no use to start turning on one another so fast."
Awaking to quite the scene was startling to Henrik. Injuries, a struggle, so much for a peaceful first night. Seeing how a few of the dragons made out made him feel lucky that it was still only the soreness of being tossed from the ship was all he was feeling. He was going to make sure the other's were alright and would be able to move for the day when Recia spoke up.

"What?" Henrik frowned, glancing between the mirror and the others." Those are quite the claims... Maybe it could have been something native to here? We were camped out on the beach, it seems awfully bold to immediately jump to it being some of us! even if it was, we need to think things over and tend to those wounded. It'll be of no use to start turning on one another so fast."
sig_bal_2_by_alces_alces-dcbd33e.png
Xae-Lin winced and moved slowly, wincing as they slowly stood up. They listened carefully as Recia spoke and to Henrik's response. They truly didn't know what to think, clearly something had happened in the night, beyond the attack even but that could be addressed later. Could they even trust Recia, they may like to believe in the best of everyone they needed to be realistic and acknowledge someone may lie. "Regardless of where our injuries came from, something clearly happened last night and I don't think we should spend much more time on this beach. The fact no-one woke up last night is worrying in its own right."
With that Xae-Lin began to sort through the various resources that had been discovered the day before and split them evenly between the others to create packs of food that everyone could carry so everyone could care for their own food.
Xae-Lin winced and moved slowly, wincing as they slowly stood up. They listened carefully as Recia spoke and to Henrik's response. They truly didn't know what to think, clearly something had happened in the night, beyond the attack even but that could be addressed later. Could they even trust Recia, they may like to believe in the best of everyone they needed to be realistic and acknowledge someone may lie. "Regardless of where our injuries came from, something clearly happened last night and I don't think we should spend much more time on this beach. The fact no-one woke up last night is worrying in its own right."
With that Xae-Lin began to sort through the various resources that had been discovered the day before and split them evenly between the others to create packs of food that everyone could carry so everyone could care for their own food.
tumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p0tg4rcq7d1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o5_100.pngtumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o2_100.png
Odea opened her eyes groggily, but at the sound of someone's voice she snapped to attention. Taking a second to process what was being said, she added, "I think that it's not wise to jump to conclusions. Maybe tonight we watch in pairs?" she suggested.
"And I agree that we should get off this beach. We don't want to get caught unawares in rising tides."
Odea opened her eyes groggily, but at the sound of someone's voice she snapped to attention. Taking a second to process what was being said, she added, "I think that it's not wise to jump to conclusions. Maybe tonight we watch in pairs?" she suggested.
"And I agree that we should get off this beach. We don't want to get caught unawares in rising tides."
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
[quote]With that Xae-Lin began to sort through the various resources that had been discovered the day before and split them evenly between the others to create packs of food that everyone could carry so everyone could care for their own food.[/quote] Not everyone has a bag, so Xae-Lin tries to make some satchels out of the canvas and rope Althea found, but they can't figure out how to put them together. They can split up the food effectively, and the dragons already wearing bags -- Henrik, Minnesota, and Emyr -- can pack theirs, but the group still needs to figure out a way to transport the rest of the food. However, since Henrik and Minnesota are large dragons, they can carry more food than they personally need -- all the supplies could be packed into their bags, should the group choose to trust them with that task. [b]Rolls:[/b] Making canvas and rope into food bags (Dex): 4 + 1 = 5 (failure)
Quote:

Not everyone has a bag, so Xae-Lin tries to make some satchels out of the canvas and rope Althea found, but they can't figure out how to put them together. They can split up the food effectively, and the dragons already wearing bags -- Henrik, Minnesota, and Emyr -- can pack theirs, but the group still needs to figure out a way to transport the rest of the food. However, since Henrik and Minnesota are large dragons, they can carry more food than they personally need -- all the supplies could be packed into their bags, should the group choose to trust them with that task.

Rolls:
Making canvas and rope into food bags (Dex): 4 + 1 = 5 (failure)
Recia suddenly feels her head sirs, she feels something happened to her. Those words came from her mouth were not she wanted to say. What happened? She shakes her head. But Odea got a point, dragons go for night watch is a good idea.

"I think it is a good idea to set nightwatch." Recia says to Odea. She seems has recovered from her anger. "Then the possibility of being attacked will be reduced. However, I think we need to explore the island soon. I think it's time to go. Huge dragons can carry our food and water." Recia says. She looks at the other dragons, say to Odea and Henrik:"Could you help me gather the other dragons? I think we are leaving soon."
Recia suddenly feels her head sirs, she feels something happened to her. Those words came from her mouth were not she wanted to say. What happened? She shakes her head. But Odea got a point, dragons go for night watch is a good idea.

"I think it is a good idea to set nightwatch." Recia says to Odea. She seems has recovered from her anger. "Then the possibility of being attacked will be reduced. However, I think we need to explore the island soon. I think it's time to go. Huge dragons can carry our food and water." Recia says. She looks at the other dragons, say to Odea and Henrik:"Could you help me gather the other dragons? I think we are leaving soon."
nd6oyLd.png
Henrik moved to join Xae-Lin, mainly to collect his assortment of the food and to make sure they too were alright. "I agree with you. We should get away from here. Get somewhere safe, maybe treat some wounds and maybe make a camp of sorts." He paused before giving Xae-Lin a friendly smile, or at least as friendly as his worry would let him. "I can carry extra of the food if it's alright."

While with Xae-Lin, Henrik looked around at the scene, maybe with some hopes that maybe, just maybe, he would be able to see something that could help with what went down the night before. "Hopefully this is the only time this happens."
Henrik moved to join Xae-Lin, mainly to collect his assortment of the food and to make sure they too were alright. "I agree with you. We should get away from here. Get somewhere safe, maybe treat some wounds and maybe make a camp of sorts." He paused before giving Xae-Lin a friendly smile, or at least as friendly as his worry would let him. "I can carry extra of the food if it's alright."

While with Xae-Lin, Henrik looked around at the scene, maybe with some hopes that maybe, just maybe, he would be able to see something that could help with what went down the night before. "Hopefully this is the only time this happens."
sig_bal_2_by_alces_alces-dcbd33e.png
Recia starts to gather other dragons.

"Ok everyone, listen to me. We are going to leave here soon, this place is not safe as we thought. We should move to inner land. Could we leave here in one hour? I think there is not so many things around here for us to search anymore." Recia says, walking towards the road around the cliff. "I will be right back."

Recia walks further around the cliff, hoping to see something new.
Recia starts to gather other dragons.

"Ok everyone, listen to me. We are going to leave here soon, this place is not safe as we thought. We should move to inner land. Could we leave here in one hour? I think there is not so many things around here for us to search anymore." Recia says, walking towards the road around the cliff. "I will be right back."

nd6oyLd.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/chBn3vG.png[/img] [size=4][b]Acrux[/b][/center] Acrux groaned as he woke up, his whole body throbbing. Something had happened during the night... Something terrible. He forced his eyes open, his tired body aching as he focused on the ground. The pebbled beach was destroyed, torn up somehow during the night. The Imperial sat up, before taking a breath. He examined himself, numerous cuts and bruises crisscrossed his body... Something.. or someone had attacked him during the night. He glanced around at the other dragons, who had begun to make preparations to head further inland. He was glad, maybe if they got proper shelter they could protect themselves from whatever attacked them last night. Acrux sighed slightly, glancing back over the torn up beach. While the others sorted out food and where they would go, Acrux turned towards the ruined beach, closely examining the rubble. There had to be something.. some sort of clue as to what happened last night. [b]Acrux examines the torn up beach, searching for any clues as to what happened during the night.[/b]
chBn3vG.png

Acrux

Acrux groaned as he woke up, his whole body throbbing. Something had happened during the night... Something terrible. He forced his eyes open, his tired body aching as he focused on the ground. The pebbled beach was destroyed, torn up somehow during the night. The Imperial sat up, before taking a breath. He examined himself, numerous cuts and bruises crisscrossed his body... Something.. or someone had attacked him during the night.

He glanced around at the other dragons, who had begun to make preparations to head further inland. He was glad, maybe if they got proper shelter they could protect themselves from whatever attacked them last night. Acrux sighed slightly, glancing back over the torn up beach. While the others sorted out food and where they would go, Acrux turned towards the ruined beach, closely examining the rubble. There had to be something.. some sort of clue as to what happened last night.

Acrux examines the torn up beach, searching for any clues as to what happened during the night.
DOfE8zN.png
[quote]While with Xae-Lin, Henrik looked around at the scene, maybe with some hopes that maybe, just maybe, he would be able to see something that could help with what went down the night before.[/quote] [quote]Acrux examines the torn up beach, searching for any clues as to what happened during the night.[/quote] Among the churned-up, bloody pebbles, Henrik and Acrux find a tuft of [b]brown fur[/b] and a [b]red scale[/b]. [quote]Recia walks further around the cliff, hoping to see something new. [/quote] Exploring the area around the cliff, Recia sees that to both the east and west, it curves north -- inland. In fact, the coastline seems to curve even further inland, with a point sticking out to the west. The [url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/15_lnRhF41x3UpMcc-LXPZxzN0dRfJsBp/view?usp=sharing]map[/url] has been updated (slightly)!
Quote:
While with Xae-Lin, Henrik looked around at the scene, maybe with some hopes that maybe, just maybe, he would be able to see something that could help with what went down the night before.
Quote:
Acrux examines the torn up beach, searching for any clues as to what happened during the night.

Among the churned-up, bloody pebbles, Henrik and Acrux find a tuft of brown fur and a red scale.
Quote:

Exploring the area around the cliff, Recia sees that to both the east and west, it curves north -- inland. In fact, the coastline seems to curve even further inland, with a point sticking out to the west.

The map has been updated (slightly)!
1 2 3 4 5 6