Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Stone & Storm // IC [full]
1 2 3 4 5 6
"I...was...in the water...I was under the water," she whispered, staring out at the ocean. "I didn't do anything. I just sunk to the bottom. Why can't I ever do anything?"
She shook herself and looked over at the dragon who had talked to them.
"I'm alright. Just a little shaken, that's all." She turned from the ocean and began to pick her way across the wreckage to the dragon.
"I...was...in the water...I was under the water," she whispered, staring out at the ocean. "I didn't do anything. I just sunk to the bottom. Why can't I ever do anything?"
She shook herself and looked over at the dragon who had talked to them.
"I'm alright. Just a little shaken, that's all." She turned from the ocean and began to pick her way across the wreckage to the dragon.
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
Henrik let out a sigh of relief. "That's good to hear. Wouldn't want anyone seriously hurt in...this situation," his words trailed off as he looked around once again. Other's were starting to at least awake, even if some weren't grouping up with them quite yet.

"I can wait back here for everyone to wake and make sure they can join up. Might help 'em to see one of the crew's face. Well, I'd hope it help," he said while giving a small gesture with his head to those who weren't up yet. "If you find any food I can see what I can make edible of it. Least give us a good start with a full belly."
Henrik let out a sigh of relief. "That's good to hear. Wouldn't want anyone seriously hurt in...this situation," his words trailed off as he looked around once again. Other's were starting to at least awake, even if some weren't grouping up with them quite yet.

"I can wait back here for everyone to wake and make sure they can join up. Might help 'em to see one of the crew's face. Well, I'd hope it help," he said while giving a small gesture with his head to those who weren't up yet. "If you find any food I can see what I can make edible of it. Least give us a good start with a full belly."
sig_bal_2_by_alces_alces-dcbd33e.png
"Oh Honey, no need to explain. I'm an Earth Ridgeback, water is not my friend. Would you like to join me as I pick through the wreckage for something useful?" Xae-Lin then turns toward the other Ridgeback with a relieve grin. "Thank you for volunteering, I don't think I caught your name. Actually," she says turning towards the Fae, "I didn't catch your name either."
They then turn towards the wreck, being careful to give the wary Skydancer their space and begin to search the wreck for anything that might be of use.
"Oh Honey, no need to explain. I'm an Earth Ridgeback, water is not my friend. Would you like to join me as I pick through the wreckage for something useful?" Xae-Lin then turns toward the other Ridgeback with a relieve grin. "Thank you for volunteering, I don't think I caught your name. Actually," she says turning towards the Fae, "I didn't catch your name either."
They then turn towards the wreck, being careful to give the wary Skydancer their space and begin to search the wreck for anything that might be of use.
tumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p0tg4rcq7d1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o5_100.pngtumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o2_100.png
[quote]Working slowly away from the wakeful dragons, Althea began to comb through the debris on the beach, looking for anything she could use.[/quote] The beach is a mess, covered with detritus both natural and dragon-made. All of the dragon-made stuff seems to have come from their ship. Plenty of broken crates and barrels, pieces of wood, scraps of canvas ... There's some rope that might prove useful. A few crates of cargo have made it here, but when checking inside, Althea finds only stacks and stacks of ceramic bowls, many of them broken. The most unique object she finds is a scroll case with a map inside. [quote]Recia starts to search around to find some food. Perhaps if lucky she can find some drinkable water. But she still carefully keeps herself in the sight of others.[/quote] There are some supplies here that made it through the storm, and between their two searches, Recia and Althea manage to turn up enough unspoiled food and clean water to last the entire group for five lean days. [b]Rolls:[/b] Searching (Mind roll) Althea: 19 - 2 = 17 Recia: 12 + 0 = 12 [i]These rolls determined what you found on the beach, particularly the amount of food and water you received.[/i] (Missed Xae-Lin -- they posted while I was still writing this post -- so I'll address their search in my next post, once a couple other actions have accumulated.)
Quote:
Working slowly away from the wakeful dragons, Althea began to comb through the debris on the beach, looking for anything she could use.

The beach is a mess, covered with detritus both natural and dragon-made. All of the dragon-made stuff seems to have come from their ship. Plenty of broken crates and barrels, pieces of wood, scraps of canvas ... There's some rope that might prove useful. A few crates of cargo have made it here, but when checking inside, Althea finds only stacks and stacks of ceramic bowls, many of them broken. The most unique object she finds is a scroll case with a map inside.

Quote:
Recia starts to search around to find some food. Perhaps if lucky she can find some drinkable water. But she still carefully keeps herself in the sight of others.

There are some supplies here that made it through the storm, and between their two searches, Recia and Althea manage to turn up enough unspoiled food and clean water to last the entire group for five lean days.

Rolls:
Searching (Mind roll)
Althea: 19 - 2 = 17
Recia: 12 + 0 = 12
These rolls determined what you found on the beach, particularly the amount of food and water you received.

(Missed Xae-Lin -- they posted while I was still writing this post -- so I'll address their search in my next post, once a couple other actions have accumulated.)
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/chBn3vG.png[/img] [size=4][b]Acrux[/b][/center] Acrux nodded thanks to the other dragon, "Thanks for volunteering, having a familiar face will definitely help those who are still waking up" He glanced towards the fae and Xae-Lin, but seeing that they were fine he turned towards the shipwreck. There wasn't much left of the ship, but hopefully there would be something useful left in the rubble. [b]Acrux heads over to the piles of debris washed up on the shore, and begins to search the wreck for anything useful.[/b]
chBn3vG.png

Acrux

Acrux nodded thanks to the other dragon, "Thanks for volunteering, having a familiar face will definitely help those who are still waking up" He glanced towards the fae and Xae-Lin, but seeing that they were fine he turned towards the shipwreck. There wasn't much left of the ship, but hopefully there would be something useful left in the rubble.

Acrux heads over to the piles of debris washed up on the shore, and begins to search the wreck for anything useful.
DOfE8zN.png
"I'm Odea. I'll look about a bit as well, but I'd like to make it quick. I want to get away from the shore. It'd be nice to get a shelter going as well." She scanned the area, picking her way slowly across the driftwood and shards of broken pottery. How are we going to get off this island? we were well into our journey when the storm hit...I'm not sure anyone could fly across such a great distance.
"I'm Odea. I'll look about a bit as well, but I'd like to make it quick. I want to get away from the shore. It'd be nice to get a shelter going as well." She scanned the area, picking her way slowly across the driftwood and shards of broken pottery. How are we going to get off this island? we were well into our journey when the storm hit...I'm not sure anyone could fly across such a great distance.
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
"Ah, I'm Henrik. One of the crew, one of the chefs more specifically." He offered a kind smile to Acrux and Xae-Lin. "Don't stray off too far as well. If we're wanting us all to at least somewhat work together I want to be able to catch back up with you with the other's once they're up."

Henrik gave a small affirmative nod, through more to himself to confirm his own thoughts, before heading to check on the other's who hadn't yet gotten up. Along the way he poked through what crates and boxes that seemed to still be intact to see if he could find anything else he deemed would be useful.
"Ah, I'm Henrik. One of the crew, one of the chefs more specifically." He offered a kind smile to Acrux and Xae-Lin. "Don't stray off too far as well. If we're wanting us all to at least somewhat work together I want to be able to catch back up with you with the other's once they're up."

Henrik gave a small affirmative nod, through more to himself to confirm his own thoughts, before heading to check on the other's who hadn't yet gotten up. Along the way he poked through what crates and boxes that seemed to still be intact to see if he could find anything else he deemed would be useful.
sig_bal_2_by_alces_alces-dcbd33e.png
Recia comes back along with Althea, bringing some food and supplies. She drops the food and drinkable water at a dry place which haven't covered by debris. She exhales deeply. The hunger and the strong sunlight makes her feels a bit dazzling. Perhaps it is good to make a meal. "We also need a shelter that covers the rain and not very wet. Otherwise, perhaps somebody will go ill." She says, looking at the sky. She feels tense. There is a sun on the sky, but this is the seashore, the weather sometimes change quickly.

Recia leaves the food and supplies on ground and piles up the supplies. She wants to make the food and supplies noticeable to others. This could show she does not claim the food only for herself. Also, it can let other dragon notice the food and make them watch each other don't steal the food individually. She pats her claws and stands up. She goes to gather some tenders and anything could sustain the fire burning. On the way, Recia observe the surrounding environment, (she wants to know exactly what is around.) she wonders if she can find some place could use as the shelter for everyone.
Recia comes back along with Althea, bringing some food and supplies. She drops the food and drinkable water at a dry place which haven't covered by debris. She exhales deeply. The hunger and the strong sunlight makes her feels a bit dazzling. Perhaps it is good to make a meal. "We also need a shelter that covers the rain and not very wet. Otherwise, perhaps somebody will go ill." She says, looking at the sky. She feels tense. There is a sun on the sky, but this is the seashore, the weather sometimes change quickly.

Recia leaves the food and supplies on ground and piles up the supplies. She wants to make the food and supplies noticeable to others. This could show she does not claim the food only for herself. Also, it can let other dragon notice the food and make them watch each other don't steal the food individually. She pats her claws and stands up. She goes to gather some tenders and anything could sustain the fire burning. On the way, Recia observe the surrounding environment, (she wants to know exactly what is around.) she wonders if she can find some place could use as the shelter for everyone.
nd6oyLd.png
[quote][Xae-Lin] They then turn towards the wreck, being careful to give the wary Skydancer their space and begin to search the wreck for anything that might be of use.[/quote] [quote]Acrux heads over to the piles of debris washed up on the shore, and begins to search the wreck for anything useful.[/quote] [quote][Odea] She scanned the area, picking her way slowly across the driftwood and shards of broken pottery.[/quote] [quote][Henrik] Along the way he poked through what crates and boxes that seemed to still be intact to see if he could find anything else he deemed would be useful.[/quote] Looking among a broken sea chest, Xae-Lin finds a working spyglass. In the lee of a large piece of driftwood, Odea finds -- yikes -- the body of a fae sailor. He seemed to have drowned. However, hanging from a cord around his neck is a functional, if rather small, compass. Acrux and Henrik find nothing of interest in their searches. [b]Rolls:[/b] Searching the shore (Mind) Xae-Lin: 17 - 2 = 15 (success!) Acrux: 4 + 1 = 5 (failure) Odea: 14 + 0 = 15 (success!) Henrik: 6 + 1 = 7 (failure) [quote]She pats her claws and stands up. She goes to gather some tenders and anything could sustain the fire burning. On the way, Recia observe the surrounding environment, (she wants to know exactly what is around.) she wonders if she can find some place could use as the shelter for everyone.[/quote] Between all the smashed crates and other flotsam, there's plenty of wood on the beach, but it all seems to be drenched. As she glances over the environment, Recia can't seem to make heads nor tails of the lay of the land. She just sees rocks, ocean, and cliffs to the north. She certainly doesn't see anywhere they might be able to get out of the elements; the area seems barren. [b]Rolls:[/b] Searching for firewood, observing the environment, and looking for shelter (Mind): 2 + 0 = 2 (failure)
Quote:
[Xae-Lin] They then turn towards the wreck, being careful to give the wary Skydancer their space and begin to search the wreck for anything that might be of use.
Quote:
Acrux heads over to the piles of debris washed up on the shore, and begins to search the wreck for anything useful.
Quote:
[Odea] She scanned the area, picking her way slowly across the driftwood and shards of broken pottery.
Quote:
[Henrik] Along the way he poked through what crates and boxes that seemed to still be intact to see if he could find anything else he deemed would be useful.

Looking among a broken sea chest, Xae-Lin finds a working spyglass.

In the lee of a large piece of driftwood, Odea finds -- yikes -- the body of a fae sailor. He seemed to have drowned. However, hanging from a cord around his neck is a functional, if rather small, compass.

Acrux and Henrik find nothing of interest in their searches.

Rolls:
Searching the shore (Mind)
Xae-Lin: 17 - 2 = 15 (success!)
Acrux: 4 + 1 = 5 (failure)
Odea: 14 + 0 = 15 (success!)
Henrik: 6 + 1 = 7 (failure)

Quote:
She pats her claws and stands up. She goes to gather some tenders and anything could sustain the fire burning. On the way, Recia observe the surrounding environment, (she wants to know exactly what is around.) she wonders if she can find some place could use as the shelter for everyone.

Between all the smashed crates and other flotsam, there's plenty of wood on the beach, but it all seems to be drenched. As she glances over the environment, Recia can't seem to make heads nor tails of the lay of the land. She just sees rocks, ocean, and cliffs to the north. She certainly doesn't see anywhere they might be able to get out of the elements; the area seems barren.

Rolls:
Searching for firewood, observing the environment, and looking for shelter (Mind): 2 + 0 = 2 (failure)
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/chBn3vG.png[/img] [size=4][b]Acrux[/b][/center] Acrux sighed in defeat as he gave up searching through the debris. All there seemed to be was broken, soggy, and useless planks of wood that only served as a reminder to the dreadful night they just had. Shaking his head slightly the Imperial decided to head elsewhere. While he may have been useless in the search efforts he could maybe look a bit farther than the beach. [b]Squinting slightly, Acrux looked further inland, past the barren, rock-littered beach and towards the imposing cliffs beyond, searching for something of interest, maybe a path up or around the cliffs?[/b] ((Also just noticed in the last check Acrux only got a plus 1 when it should have been two))
chBn3vG.png

Acrux

Acrux sighed in defeat as he gave up searching through the debris. All there seemed to be was broken, soggy, and useless planks of wood that only served as a reminder to the dreadful night they just had. Shaking his head slightly the Imperial decided to head elsewhere. While he may have been useless in the search efforts he could maybe look a bit farther than the beach.

Squinting slightly, Acrux looked further inland, past the barren, rock-littered beach and towards the imposing cliffs beyond, searching for something of interest, maybe a path up or around the cliffs?

((Also just noticed in the last check Acrux only got a plus 1 when it should have been two))
DOfE8zN.png
1 2 3 4 5 6