Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon Afterlife
1 2
Do dragons believe in an afterlife or do dragons believe nothing happens after death.
Do dragons believe in an afterlife or do dragons believe nothing happens after death.
I mess around with dragon PSDs
I would imagine if that if dragons do believe in a sort of afterlife what it is varies from flight to flight. Like a plague dragon might see it as a land where hunger is nonexistent and a wind dragon would see it as a place where they can fly forever
I would imagine if that if dragons do believe in a sort of afterlife what it is varies from flight to flight. Like a plague dragon might see it as a land where hunger is nonexistent and a wind dragon would see it as a place where they can fly forever
Oooh, I like the idea that the concept of an afterlife varies between flights. I imagine it might vary between clans too, particularly ones with a long-standing history, as then they'd have enough of a culture to result in an afterlife.

Perhaps the Nature flight believes that its dragons' bodies become plants, while their spirits go to join the Gladekeeper in the Behemoth.
Oooh, I like the idea that the concept of an afterlife varies between flights. I imagine it might vary between clans too, particularly ones with a long-standing history, as then they'd have enough of a culture to result in an afterlife.

Perhaps the Nature flight believes that its dragons' bodies become plants, while their spirits go to join the Gladekeeper in the Behemoth.
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
[quote name="Dragonfire546" date="2020-05-25 08:47:22" ] Oooh, I like the idea that the concept of an afterlife varies between flights. I imagine it might vary between clans too, particularly ones with a long-standing history, as then they'd have enough of a culture to result in an afterlife. Perhaps the Nature flight believes that its dragons' bodies become plants, while their spirits go to join the Gladekeeper in the Behemoth. [/quote] Building off of that I would imagine that the idea of an afterlife in dragons varies from breed to breed like a Pearlcatcher believing its pearl serves as a vessel when it dies or a Guardian believing that it will protect its descendants from evil spirits after it dies
Dragonfire546 wrote on 2020-05-25 08:47:22:

Building off of that I would imagine that the idea of an afterlife in dragons varies from breed to breed like a Pearlcatcher believing its pearl serves as a vessel when it dies or a Guardian believing that it will protect its descendants from evil spirits after it dies
I love these ideas and I’m stealing them thank you <3

Since Earthdad kind of misses his siblings, maybe the Earth flight hopes that in the afterlife everyone will be able to get along again
I love these ideas and I’m stealing them thank you <3

Since Earthdad kind of misses his siblings, maybe the Earth flight hopes that in the afterlife everyone will be able to get along again
UZIDWtE.png phryg
FR +0
they/them
linguist and language learner
sprite credit @Meese
Most cultures think that going into a pit of lava for eternity after you die is an objectively bad thing. Not the Fire Flight. This is the Fire Flight's idea of Heaven.
Most cultures think that going into a pit of lava for eternity after you die is an objectively bad thing. Not the Fire Flight. This is the Fire Flight's idea of Heaven.
giphy.gif
Arcane dragons believe that their souls float into space and they get to discover the universe around them from up-close forever.
Arcane dragons believe that their souls float into space and they get to discover the universe around them from up-close forever.
that has really good lore potential! maybe ice dragons believe that their souls become snow clouds that gradually fall back onto their land?
that has really good lore potential! maybe ice dragons believe that their souls become snow clouds that gradually fall back onto their land?
gligar-f.gif genesect.gif mawile.gif
Considering spirit and ghost dragon familiars exist, I would think that they consider [i]something [/i]happening. My thoughts from a previous thread on the topic. [quote]I see each god having their own 'elemental plane' where the souls of their servants continue their work. Either in their own form, or becoming a pure elemental in their service. I see dragons as both physical creatures as well as elemental beings, as how they were created by the gods, and magic is one factor in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1543665]determining how long they live[/url]. So when they die, they are shedding that physical part, and becoming the pure element that they are. Granted that they don't reason to cling to the world and become a ghost, that essence would return to its source. If they wish to continue the work in the mortal world even after, as they no longer have a physical body, their god might grant them a bit of their own essence. So as to consolidate into something that can interact with the world again, making them something like the elemental soldiers or spirits. [item=sunbeam soldier] [item=spirit of light] My view of the elemental planes are rather WoW based, so an idea of Fire's would be[url=https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/7/79/Firelands.jpg] like this[/url]. Not exactly hospitable to others, but to a Fire dragon, perfectly fine. Somewhat reflecting their territory, but without any other intruding influences, and entirely under their control. [/quote] Expanding on that a bit, those the gods are displeased with could simply have their elemental energy torn asunder and consumed back into them, to do with as they see fit.
Considering spirit and ghost dragon familiars exist, I would think that they consider something happening.

My thoughts from a previous thread on the topic.
Quote:
I see each god having their own 'elemental plane' where the souls of their servants continue their work. Either in their own form, or becoming a pure elemental in their service.

I see dragons as both physical creatures as well as elemental beings, as how they were created by the gods, and magic is one factor in determining how long they live.

So when they die, they are shedding that physical part, and becoming the pure element that they are. Granted that they don't reason to cling to the world and become a ghost, that essence would return to its source. If they wish to continue the work in the mortal world even after, as they no longer have a physical body, their god might grant them a bit of their own essence. So as to consolidate into something that can interact with the world again, making them something like the elemental soldiers or spirits.

Sunbeam Soldier Spirit of Light

My view of the elemental planes are rather WoW based, so an idea of Fire's would be like this. Not exactly hospitable to others, but to a Fire dragon, perfectly fine.

Somewhat reflecting their territory, but without any other intruding influences, and entirely under their control.

Expanding on that a bit, those the gods are displeased with could simply have their elemental energy torn asunder and consumed back into them, to do with as they see fit.
4QFtgPW.png
Ooooh yes. If Nature dragons die, a tree is planted above their burial. Once the tree is grown and bears flowers, the dragon’s spirit leaves to wander an otherworldly forest with the Gladekeeper. However, if the tree isn’t well taken care of and withers, their soul takes the form of a ghost who is trapped in Sornieth and is desperate for salvation. Because of this superstition, the trees of fallen loved ones are often watched or tended to daily until it grows. Cutting one of these trees down is considered a heinous crime worthy of death, or at best exile.
I might use this for my own lore, this is an amazing idea!

Fire dragons might be cremated in the fires of The Great Furnace, due to the belief that their souls will live on in the passionately crafted metalwork of future generations.

I can see Wind dragons believing in an afterlife where they fly with the Windsinger in an endless sky, discovering new things beyond Sornieth. This belief might cause bodies to be cremated, and release their ashes in the wind, where they will travel all over the world.

After Earth dragons die, it is believed that their spirit joins the Earthshaker at the top of the Pillar, where they will join him in watching over Sornieth.

Light dragons might believe that the afterlife involves spirits joining the Lightweaver in a massive library filled with knowledge, both known and unknown. They believe that only in death will they find the true answers to their questions. But in the meantime, they attempt to document whatever they can for the living realm.

For Arcane dragons, their souls depart to space, where they will float around in search of fascinating new planets, phenomena, and universes with the Arcanist.
Ooooh yes. If Nature dragons die, a tree is planted above their burial. Once the tree is grown and bears flowers, the dragon’s spirit leaves to wander an otherworldly forest with the Gladekeeper. However, if the tree isn’t well taken care of and withers, their soul takes the form of a ghost who is trapped in Sornieth and is desperate for salvation. Because of this superstition, the trees of fallen loved ones are often watched or tended to daily until it grows. Cutting one of these trees down is considered a heinous crime worthy of death, or at best exile.
I might use this for my own lore, this is an amazing idea!

Fire dragons might be cremated in the fires of The Great Furnace, due to the belief that their souls will live on in the passionately crafted metalwork of future generations.

I can see Wind dragons believing in an afterlife where they fly with the Windsinger in an endless sky, discovering new things beyond Sornieth. This belief might cause bodies to be cremated, and release their ashes in the wind, where they will travel all over the world.

After Earth dragons die, it is believed that their spirit joins the Earthshaker at the top of the Pillar, where they will join him in watching over Sornieth.

Light dragons might believe that the afterlife involves spirits joining the Lightweaver in a massive library filled with knowledge, both known and unknown. They believe that only in death will they find the true answers to their questions. But in the meantime, they attempt to document whatever they can for the living realm.

For Arcane dragons, their souls depart to space, where they will float around in search of fascinating new planets, phenomena, and universes with the Arcanist.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
1 2