Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why do YOU like G1 Dragons?
1 2 3 4 5
Just the challenge, I guess. Hatching, scattering, scrying, geneing, dressing... I feel more attached to them when I actually do that
Just the challenge, I guess. Hatching, scattering, scrying, geneing, dressing... I feel more attached to them when I actually do that
bQvGU5J.png
[quote name="Snapdragoon" date="2020-05-10 19:38:06" ] Building a dragon up yourself makes them feel special, it's a challenge to collect certain color combos, and I like the none/none aesthetic. I also find oldies appealing for similar reasons. I like it when there's something to set the dragon apart and some DIY aspect! [/quote] yes! i love regeneing old dragons as well aaa i bought an ungened 3-year-old gen1 a while back and giving him a cool scry and fun outfit felt so nice like "yes you're home now" i only have a few gen1s but they're very satisfying to complete. and when you find a weird colour combination that works with [i]just[/i] the right scry, that feels awesome
Snapdragoon wrote on 2020-05-10 19:38:06:
Building a dragon up yourself makes them feel special, it's a challenge to collect certain color combos, and I like the none/none aesthetic. I also find oldies appealing for similar reasons. I like it when there's something to set the dragon apart and some DIY aspect!

yes! i love regeneing old dragons as well aaa i bought an ungened 3-year-old gen1 a while back and giving him a cool scry and fun outfit felt so nice like "yes you're home now"

i only have a few gen1s but they're very satisfying to complete. and when you find a weird colour combination that works with just the right scry, that feels awesome
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
i like g1s because i like the nature of rng; you can narrow down any breeding project to a certain combo, but g1s are completely rng! they feel more special that way ^^ i still love g2 dragons, but they don't have that rng element like g1s have. however, i do love g2s that inherit rare genes/breeds for the same reason! the day my wc/pc pair gives me a wc i will cry in joy

other than that, i feel like the other thing i like about g1s is that if i sell them, i can get a bit more money back for the work i put into them than i would have if they were g2s. that's not to say that i inherently prefer the value of g1s - frankly, i don't at all - because a lot of the value is arbitrary. however, adding genes gives proof of investment, and so you can get more money back than on g2+s, and scattering g1s means if you get something really valuable, it'll stay valuable, rather than a g2, which can't be proven. so it's kind of like a safety net?

and by this proof of investment i don't mean to show off, just that if i end up falling out of love (which happens) i can get some more back ^^
i like g1s because i like the nature of rng; you can narrow down any breeding project to a certain combo, but g1s are completely rng! they feel more special that way ^^ i still love g2 dragons, but they don't have that rng element like g1s have. however, i do love g2s that inherit rare genes/breeds for the same reason! the day my wc/pc pair gives me a wc i will cry in joy

other than that, i feel like the other thing i like about g1s is that if i sell them, i can get a bit more money back for the work i put into them than i would have if they were g2s. that's not to say that i inherently prefer the value of g1s - frankly, i don't at all - because a lot of the value is arbitrary. however, adding genes gives proof of investment, and so you can get more money back than on g2+s, and scattering g1s means if you get something really valuable, it'll stay valuable, rather than a g2, which can't be proven. so it's kind of like a safety net?

and by this proof of investment i don't mean to show off, just that if i end up falling out of love (which happens) i can get some more back ^^
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
[quote name="Alphazi" date="2020-05-10 21:28:48" ] i like g1s because i like the nature of rng; you can narrow down any breeding project to a certain combo, but g1s are completely rng! they feel more special that way ^^ [/quote] This, pretty much. I was spending all of my currency to give gem genes to normal dragons and it started to feel like a waste because you could just breed the genes. G1s are out of our control so finding a colour combo that you really love is special and then you get to design it however you want! One of my favourite things to do is scry G1s to see if I can make something pretty.
Alphazi wrote on 2020-05-10 21:28:48:
i like g1s because i like the nature of rng; you can narrow down any breeding project to a certain combo, but g1s are completely rng! they feel more special that way ^^

This, pretty much. I was spending all of my currency to give gem genes to normal dragons and it started to feel like a waste because you could just breed the genes. G1s are out of our control so finding a colour combo that you really love is special and then you get to design it however you want!

One of my favourite things to do is scry G1s to see if I can make something pretty.
Heart.gif
[quote name="Kairo" date="2020-05-10 19:23:00" ] my brain saw "hee hoo rare dragons valued by the community"[/quote] bASICALLY of course i still only get the ones i really like, it's not [i]just[/i] a value thing. but ooo wee sure is nice when you win an auction or snatch up a great color combo or something... it's just really nice when you obtain for yourself something really pretty that was made by pure rng
Kairo wrote on 2020-05-10 19:23:00:
my brain saw "hee hoo rare dragons valued by the community"

bASICALLY

of course i still only get the ones i really like, it's not just a value thing. but ooo wee sure is nice when you win an auction or snatch up a great color combo or something... it's just really nice when you obtain for yourself something really pretty that was made by pure rng
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
For me I like the clean slate, the chance at anything and everything without it being attached to another account through lineage. I like the freedom it gives for lore and, honestly, a bit of the value placed on them by the community. And I guess that they tend to be more unique, since they haven't been bred into the site.

Some have specific significance for me, like progens or yearly lore hatches, but the majority are just interesting dragons that catch my eye.
For me I like the clean slate, the chance at anything and everything without it being attached to another account through lineage. I like the freedom it gives for lore and, honestly, a bit of the value placed on them by the community. And I guess that they tend to be more unique, since they haven't been bred into the site.

Some have specific significance for me, like progens or yearly lore hatches, but the majority are just interesting dragons that catch my eye.
Wishlist (for now)
i like the "blank slate" feel - plus, it feels more personal to invest so much in them!
i like the "blank slate" feel - plus, it feels more personal to invest so much in them!
Pretty much only the reason, "Because everyone else does". Honestly, some of my favorite dragons are G2, Bred, horrible-children-named dragons, and some even have basic genes still. But whenever I get a G1 that I ever intend to keep, I feel like I [b]have[/b] to keep them pristine, and elevate them to their highest 'value'. Never breed them, gene them when you have ALL the genes on hand. Train them to 25, give them battlestones. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58122197] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/581222/58122197p.png[/img] "Strawberry", Gened, currently training. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57992078] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/579921/57992078p.png[/img] Shendu, gened, trained, stoned to be a Mire Flyer. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48304139] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/483042/48304139p.png[/img] "Scatternalia", Gened, trained, scattered, breed changed, stoned for farming Kelp. And then I have so many others in my hibernal den with similar treatments, gened or clothed or something or other. And I love them all dearly, but I almost feel like I 'ruin' a G1 by....well, letting it take part in breeding or anything.
Pretty much only the reason, "Because everyone else does". Honestly, some of my favorite dragons are G2, Bred, horrible-children-named dragons, and some even have basic genes still.

But whenever I get a G1 that I ever intend to keep, I feel like I have to keep them pristine, and elevate them to their highest 'value'. Never breed them, gene them when you have ALL the genes on hand. Train them to 25, give them battlestones.

58122197p.png
"Strawberry", Gened, currently training.

57992078p.png
Shendu, gened, trained, stoned to be a Mire Flyer.

48304139p.png

"Scatternalia", Gened, trained, scattered, breed changed, stoned for farming Kelp.

And then I have so many others in my hibernal den with similar treatments, gened or clothed or something or other. And I love them all dearly, but I almost feel like I 'ruin' a G1 by....well, letting it take part in breeding or anything.
i could just say a lot of reason but the real reason is shinee speCiaL! dragon!
i could just say a lot of reason but the real reason is shinee speCiaL! dragon!
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
I think I’m just addicted to hatching eggs at this point. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll get a triple, a double, or a special eye type. Then I get to go have fun at the Scrying Workshop. I have so many projects to work on right now. Really, I ought to sell any eggs I get to fund those projects instead of hatching out new ones, but...yeah.
I think I’m just addicted to hatching eggs at this point. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll get a triple, a double, or a special eye type. Then I get to go have fun at the Scrying Workshop. I have so many projects to work on right now. Really, I ought to sell any eggs I get to fund those projects instead of hatching out new ones, but...yeah.
LzFqe23.png
z o d i a c a l
infp
something
something else
1 2 3 4 5