Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | The Sakura Coatl Project!
[center][u][b]The Sakura Coatl:[/b][/u] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/493584307403882496/697552726887891054/dragon_11.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/493584307403882496/697563086042824856/scry_4.png[/img] [u]Primary Gene:[/u] Rose Skink [u]Secondary Gene:[/u] Pink Blend [u]Tertiary Gene:[/u] Watermelon Thylacine[/center] Did some scribing last night and made some Sakura-Themed Coatls, and decided to try and make them a reality through breeding. They are Coatls that come in vibrant, rich pink hues, blended with the palest pinks, yellows and greens, and patches of nearly pure white feathers, giving them a very appealing floral/fruity look. [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/373614643085574147/697605062423347200/20200409_012540.jpg[/img][/center] It is the very early stage of the project so far as I spent near enough all my treasure and all my gems to get Coatls that share traits I am interested in breeding, with various Primary, Secondary and Tertiary genes that I feel would also fit well. [center][u][b]Scribed Examples of Variations:[/b][/u] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/373614643085574147/697606047287738399/dragon_13.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/373614643085574147/697606047036342282/dragon_14.png[/img][/center]
The Sakura Coatl:
dragon_11.png
scry_4.png
Primary Gene: Rose Skink
Secondary Gene: Pink Blend
Tertiary Gene: Watermelon Thylacine
Did some scribing last night and made some Sakura-Themed Coatls, and decided to try and make them a reality through breeding. They are Coatls that come in vibrant, rich pink hues, blended with the palest pinks, yellows and greens, and patches of nearly pure white feathers, giving them a very appealing floral/fruity look.
20200409_012540.jpg
It is the very early stage of the project so far as I spent near enough all my treasure and all my gems to get Coatls that share traits I am interested in breeding, with various Primary, Secondary and Tertiary genes that I feel would also fit well.
Scribed Examples of Variations:
dragon_13.png
dragon_14.png
@MageofMist

You're late to my Hanami party. >8( How dare you deprive me of these pretty dragons?! The green makes me think of the end of the sakura season, when the leaves are pushing the blossoms off of the trees.

Also, I've recently begun a sakura project myself! Going to make a subspecies, but I need to finish gening some dragons before I can really launch it. Good luck on your project! Feel free to check out mine if you want to register your sakura dragons to it; they'd qualify, I think. :) (Still hammering out reqs.)
@MageofMist

You're late to my Hanami party. >8( How dare you deprive me of these pretty dragons?! The green makes me think of the end of the sakura season, when the leaves are pushing the blossoms off of the trees.

Also, I've recently begun a sakura project myself! Going to make a subspecies, but I need to finish gening some dragons before I can really launch it. Good luck on your project! Feel free to check out mine if you want to register your sakura dragons to it; they'd qualify, I think. :) (Still hammering out reqs.)
[quote name="Cryoluxa" date="2020-04-08 18:09:03" ] @MageofMist You're late to my Hanami party. >8( How dare you deprive me of these pretty dragons?! The green makes me think of the end of the sakura season, when the leaves are pushing the blossoms off of the trees. Also, I've recently begun a sakura project myself! Going to make a subspecies, but I need to finish gening some dragons before I can really launch it. Good luck on your project! Feel free to check out mine if you want to register your sakura dragons to it; they'd qualify, I think. :) (Still hammering out reqs.) [/quote] o-o I didn't even know there was a Hanami Party! Joined in now. ^^ I like to imagine these Sakura Coatls are an offshoot sub-breed that reside in the Viridian Labyrinth's Everbloom Gardens, hiding amongst the many flowers that cover the forest floor and waiting at the edge of the crystal clear pools like an orchid mantis to hunt fish and crustaceans. I also had an amusing thought in that they get their colour from their prey, like flamingoes. XP [i]Edit: Also they'd have a sweet, floral/fruity scent to them to aid in their ability to blend in amongst the flowers and colourful low-hanging fruits.[/i]
Cryoluxa wrote on 2020-04-08 18:09:03:
@MageofMist

o-o
I didn't even know there was a Hanami Party! Joined in now. ^^
I like to imagine these Sakura Coatls are an offshoot sub-breed that reside in the Viridian Labyrinth's Everbloom Gardens, hiding amongst the many flowers that cover the forest floor and waiting at the edge of the crystal clear pools like an orchid mantis to hunt fish and crustaceans. I also had an amusing thought in that they get their colour from their prey, like flamingoes. XP

Edit: Also they'd have a sweet, floral/fruity scent to them to aid in their ability to blend in amongst the flowers and colourful low-hanging fruits.
@MageofMist

Neat! And that's super Nature-themed. XD From what I've gathered of the flight, they're not only ones who love the plants, but also can be dangerous predators and are rather merciless in their thriving. It's cool how you managed to combine those themes!

Edit: Also, tip: quoting someone doesn't ping them. You need to use @ and then put in his or her name. :)
@MageofMist

Neat! And that's super Nature-themed. XD From what I've gathered of the flight, they're not only ones who love the plants, but also can be dangerous predators and are rather merciless in their thriving. It's cool how you managed to combine those themes!

Edit: Also, tip: quoting someone doesn't ping them. You need to use @ and then put in his or her name. :)
@Cryoluxa ok! Thank you XD
Considering that rare seeds and flowers are a Nature Dragons most prized treasures, I like to imagine Sakura Coatls decorate their nests with the delicate cherry blossoms and other similar short-lived blooms such as bluebells in early spring, during the height of their mating season. The males also preform intricate flights through dense forested areas to display themselves to the females, contrasting against the greenery while showing off their richly coloured plumage and feather frills. If the female approves, she will join in with the dance-like flight. XP
@Cryoluxa ok! Thank you XD
Considering that rare seeds and flowers are a Nature Dragons most prized treasures, I like to imagine Sakura Coatls decorate their nests with the delicate cherry blossoms and other similar short-lived blooms such as bluebells in early spring, during the height of their mating season. The males also preform intricate flights through dense forested areas to display themselves to the females, contrasting against the greenery while showing off their richly coloured plumage and feather frills. If the female approves, she will join in with the dance-like flight. XP
@MageofMist

Ahh, so you're running with the interpretation of dragons as animals. Alright. :) Sounds pretty.
@MageofMist

Ahh, so you're running with the interpretation of dragons as animals. Alright. :) Sounds pretty.
@Cryoluxa Sorta, but not really. Kinda see them similarly to the dragons of Pern, being near human-levels of intelligence. XD The Coatl page mentions a mating season and them being migratory, and Nature Flight dragons are more wild and primal in nature, so I thought it'd be neat to reference them having a special courtship flight and dance, possibly viewed as a tradition by them to ensure even brighter, healthier and more beautiful hatchlings. Also been fiddling with this new keel gene. ^^ [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/493584307403882496/697875873612693614/dragon_20.png[/img][/center]
@Cryoluxa
Sorta, but not really. Kinda see them similarly to the dragons of Pern, being near human-levels of intelligence. XD The Coatl page mentions a mating season and them being migratory, and Nature Flight dragons are more wild and primal in nature, so I thought it'd be neat to reference them having a special courtship flight and dance, possibly viewed as a tradition by them to ensure even brighter, healthier and more beautiful hatchlings.

Also been fiddling with this new keel gene. ^^
dragon_20.png
Trying to think what to name these unnamed Coatls and Guardian. XD [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/373614643085574147/698973239652778004/20200412_200935.jpg[/img][/center]
Trying to think what to name these unnamed Coatls and Guardian. XD
20200412_200935.jpg