Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The House of Mama Dragon [Open RP]
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24
Thass had a hard time catching up. Mink was surprisingly fast. Maybe thst's why he wasn't so surprised to see that the bird had gotten there before him. He was, however, surprised to see Reathan. Still, he stopped just behind the bird.

"If the bird was gonna hurt you or something, wouldn't it have done so by now?" He asked. "Like I said before, you're safe here. And if the bird tries to attack, I'll whack it with my satchel."

He mimicked the motion with his stolen bag to emphasize the point, before smiling at the bird. He hoped he didn't cause it offence. He wasn't the most tactful person out there.
Thass had a hard time catching up. Mink was surprisingly fast. Maybe thst's why he wasn't so surprised to see that the bird had gotten there before him. He was, however, surprised to see Reathan. Still, he stopped just behind the bird.

"If the bird was gonna hurt you or something, wouldn't it have done so by now?" He asked. "Like I said before, you're safe here. And if the bird tries to attack, I'll whack it with my satchel."

He mimicked the motion with his stolen bag to emphasize the point, before smiling at the bird. He hoped he didn't cause it offence. He wasn't the most tactful person out there.
I'm a pansexual with she/her pronouns. I don't mind a message or a ping! Timezone is +1 FR time.
Currently: Grew UP in the French court, oui oui bonjour, life was a chore so...
"Ahh!" he yelped, seeing the bird come near him. How did she get there so fast? He thought he had been running far. He gripped his belt, there probably wasn't any more birdseed. Dang it. "Listen, please, I know that you're upset about the whole raid thing! I get that Captain Valeria might be mad, but can we just... um... calm down now," he tried to back away. The bird had followed him here, she probably didn't want to talk.

Huh? He heard someone come out from behind him. Mink turned about to see something that he's never seen in any town. He was being surrounded! He studied the new person. Was this another chimera? He had different parts to him. Maybe he was a mix of two creatures? Wait, was Thassius one? Huh, he thought that other chimeras were rare. Maybe this town had more. He had only known himself. He almost didn't feel alone, but fear still filled his mind. "Wait, they're right there?" he pointed towards the bird, "My crew sent someone!" He didn't understand.

He saw Thassius come over. Well, he was right. The bird didn't seem to be attacking him. She seemed friendly. Maybe, she wasn't from his crew? Hmm, this town was strange.
"Ahh!" he yelped, seeing the bird come near him. How did she get there so fast? He thought he had been running far. He gripped his belt, there probably wasn't any more birdseed. Dang it. "Listen, please, I know that you're upset about the whole raid thing! I get that Captain Valeria might be mad, but can we just... um... calm down now," he tried to back away. The bird had followed him here, she probably didn't want to talk.

Huh? He heard someone come out from behind him. Mink turned about to see something that he's never seen in any town. He was being surrounded! He studied the new person. Was this another chimera? He had different parts to him. Maybe he was a mix of two creatures? Wait, was Thassius one? Huh, he thought that other chimeras were rare. Maybe this town had more. He had only known himself. He almost didn't feel alone, but fear still filled his mind. "Wait, they're right there?" he pointed towards the bird, "My crew sent someone!" He didn't understand.

He saw Thassius come over. Well, he was right. The bird didn't seem to be attacking him. She seemed friendly. Maybe, she wasn't from his crew? Hmm, this town was strange.
You're worth so much more than you know. May troubles be far from your mind.
The new cyan glowing ghost scurried across the graveyard. Her form was barely visible to the human eye while she was out in broad daylight. The construction going on near her resting place aggravated her. It was too loud. Too noisy to peacefully think within the confines of her home.

"Stupid construction workers and their stupid construction!" She yelled, the work to loud for anyone to hear. "Why couldn't they chose a different place to build that stupid shack of theirs, so I could have some peace and QUIET!?!" The ghost screamed in agitation towards the construction, floating slightly higher due to her difference in emotion.

The ghost sighed. "Guess I'll just leave to somewhere else for now. I'll come back once the stupid building is done."

She wandered away from the graveyard, only to end up in a field of flowers, surrounded by a forest, and a quaint cottage smack dab in the middle of it.

"What the?" Was her only response, wandering further into the domain.

((Just a note, Leeann is constantly floating, can't touch things, is human, and is hard to spot. Though I suppose the ambient magic might make her more noticeable?))
The new cyan glowing ghost scurried across the graveyard. Her form was barely visible to the human eye while she was out in broad daylight. The construction going on near her resting place aggravated her. It was too loud. Too noisy to peacefully think within the confines of her home.

"Stupid construction workers and their stupid construction!" She yelled, the work to loud for anyone to hear. "Why couldn't they chose a different place to build that stupid shack of theirs, so I could have some peace and QUIET!?!" The ghost screamed in agitation towards the construction, floating slightly higher due to her difference in emotion.

The ghost sighed. "Guess I'll just leave to somewhere else for now. I'll come back once the stupid building is done."

She wandered away from the graveyard, only to end up in a field of flowers, surrounded by a forest, and a quaint cottage smack dab in the middle of it.

"What the?" Was her only response, wandering further into the domain.

((Just a note, Leeann is constantly floating, can't touch things, is human, and is hard to spot. Though I suppose the ambient magic might make her more noticeable?))
She tilted her head. “I don’t know exactly what you are talking about, but I am not a pirate, and I certainly do not know this ‘Captain Valeria’ character.”

The avian creature extended one of her wings a quarter of the way open in friendly greeting. “Also, I kind of find the term ‘the bird’ slightly offensive. My name is Destiny; I am Falco peregrinus, informally known as peregrine falcon.”

Hesitating, she looked at Thassius. “I would prefer not to have anything thrown at me.”
She tilted her head. “I don’t know exactly what you are talking about, but I am not a pirate, and I certainly do not know this ‘Captain Valeria’ character.”

The avian creature extended one of her wings a quarter of the way open in friendly greeting. “Also, I kind of find the term ‘the bird’ slightly offensive. My name is Destiny; I am Falco peregrinus, informally known as peregrine falcon.”

Hesitating, she looked at Thassius. “I would prefer not to have anything thrown at me.”
AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
Estel remembered seeing similar behaviour from domestic Hainus. She had a regular client with one, and always wanted one herself. But, she never had the time or resources to keep one. A light exhale and smile graced her face as she pet Omen's belly and 'baby-talked' him. Which didn't translate well.
As she doted over Omen, she couldn't help but wonder what was going on outside. She heard Benji call her earlier, but just once and then everyone ran outside. She hadn't heard him since, so if he needed help he probably got it. Still, she didn't like the idea of leaving him out there with people who barely knew him. She'd check on him in a bit, but first...
..must pet doggy more..

/ / /

Something felt Leeann's prescence.
Something could tell she was here.
And it was now hunting her.
Estel remembered seeing similar behaviour from domestic Hainus. She had a regular client with one, and always wanted one herself. But, she never had the time or resources to keep one. A light exhale and smile graced her face as she pet Omen's belly and 'baby-talked' him. Which didn't translate well.
As she doted over Omen, she couldn't help but wonder what was going on outside. She heard Benji call her earlier, but just once and then everyone ran outside. She hadn't heard him since, so if he needed help he probably got it. Still, she didn't like the idea of leaving him out there with people who barely knew him. She'd check on him in a bit, but first...
..must pet doggy more..

/ / /

Something felt Leeann's prescence.
Something could tell she was here.
And it was now hunting her.
please click them so that they may grow more powerful
4617GFj4MGKf5XHFmmU-sm.png4617TDkhjY2ek9w9Qil-sm.png4617jYO4ttt9i7UDi5a-sm.png
Fair enough. Thassius had his own internal dictionary of offensive terms.

"Well, Destiny, then you'll be pleased to know that I wasn't actually going to throw it at you." He told her. "The only dangerous winged species that I've seen are vultures."

He cringed at the thought of those things. Creepy desert birds with a tendency to steal anything they can get their gross little talons on. Including small children. He did not like those birds.

He smiled at the falcon. She seemed nice enough, and certainly harmless. Otherwise, like he'd said, she would have attacked by now.
Fair enough. Thassius had his own internal dictionary of offensive terms.

"Well, Destiny, then you'll be pleased to know that I wasn't actually going to throw it at you." He told her. "The only dangerous winged species that I've seen are vultures."

He cringed at the thought of those things. Creepy desert birds with a tendency to steal anything they can get their gross little talons on. Including small children. He did not like those birds.

He smiled at the falcon. She seemed nice enough, and certainly harmless. Otherwise, like he'd said, she would have attacked by now.
I'm a pansexual with she/her pronouns. I don't mind a message or a ping! Timezone is +1 FR time.
Leeann's curiosity took the better of her. She surveyed the landscape, interested in it's fantasy like serenity. Everything here seem like it would fit perfectly into a book. She would have to take note of that later.

The calm atmosphere overwhelmed her. To her, it felt like heavy mist or fog. She didn't mind it though. It drowned out her anxiety about the place and the new ever-present feeling that someone was watching her.
Leeann's curiosity took the better of her. She surveyed the landscape, interested in it's fantasy like serenity. Everything here seem like it would fit perfectly into a book. She would have to take note of that later.

The calm atmosphere overwhelmed her. To her, it felt like heavy mist or fog. She didn't mind it though. It drowned out her anxiety about the place and the new ever-present feeling that someone was watching her.
"Oh sorry! You must be a local!" Mink apologized, feeling stupid that he had assumed. He shouldn't have been quick to judge. There was always new towns and new docks with many different people. Not everybody you meet is going to be someone you know. Well, he was running from his crew which meant at the moment any avian could have been a threat. Still, that isn't an excuse. "Sorry about that! I'm running from my pirate crew," he explained, he didn't mind telling them that he was from the crew. The pirate rank has sort of given him an immunity in certain towns. The locals didn't like them, but they could not kick them out without the risk of a raid. The pirates only stayed by the docks so they would be fine when they were away from there.

"The name's Mink," he introduced himself to Destiny. He would soon be back with his crew and the threat of this bird had gone away. This encounter wouldn't really matter much to him. He turned to Thassius, "That's true, vultures are a terrible species. I'm surprised that you both never heard of my crew. I thought that pirates were a threat in these seas." Mink looked around, "This is Cantanna, right?"

((Sorry I replied late again!))
"Oh sorry! You must be a local!" Mink apologized, feeling stupid that he had assumed. He shouldn't have been quick to judge. There was always new towns and new docks with many different people. Not everybody you meet is going to be someone you know. Well, he was running from his crew which meant at the moment any avian could have been a threat. Still, that isn't an excuse. "Sorry about that! I'm running from my pirate crew," he explained, he didn't mind telling them that he was from the crew. The pirate rank has sort of given him an immunity in certain towns. The locals didn't like them, but they could not kick them out without the risk of a raid. The pirates only stayed by the docks so they would be fine when they were away from there.

"The name's Mink," he introduced himself to Destiny. He would soon be back with his crew and the threat of this bird had gone away. This encounter wouldn't really matter much to him. He turned to Thassius, "That's true, vultures are a terrible species. I'm surprised that you both never heard of my crew. I thought that pirates were a threat in these seas." Mink looked around, "This is Cantanna, right?"

((Sorry I replied late again!))
You're worth so much more than you know. May troubles be far from your mind.
"I have no idea where that is, but I'm fairly certain that if you haven't been here before, you've probably never heard of it," Thassius replied. "I mean, I hadn't even heard of it until today. And I travel a ton. I mean, I basically LIVE in the Eastern Forest and the Endless Desert." Wait, they wouldn't understand what those were. "Uh, those are places within Aslamore and Sekratha respectively." Would they know what those two places are? Did that even clarify anything? "Those are two kingdoms- you know what? I'm not going to explain the geography of my world. They're kingdoms, they're far apart, I was born in one, I live in the other, and that's all you need to know. Gods, this place confuses me."

He threw up his hands in defeat. It was so easy to forget that not everyone knew much about his world.
"I have no idea where that is, but I'm fairly certain that if you haven't been here before, you've probably never heard of it," Thassius replied. "I mean, I hadn't even heard of it until today. And I travel a ton. I mean, I basically LIVE in the Eastern Forest and the Endless Desert." Wait, they wouldn't understand what those were. "Uh, those are places within Aslamore and Sekratha respectively." Would they know what those two places are? Did that even clarify anything? "Those are two kingdoms- you know what? I'm not going to explain the geography of my world. They're kingdoms, they're far apart, I was born in one, I live in the other, and that's all you need to know. Gods, this place confuses me."

He threw up his hands in defeat. It was so easy to forget that not everyone knew much about his world.
Destiny nodded understandingly. “Oh. Okay. ... And what else do you know about this place?”

Oddly, she didn't seem to at all question his strange explanation of this being a different world.
Destiny nodded understandingly. “Oh. Okay. ... And what else do you know about this place?”

Oddly, she didn't seem to at all question his strange explanation of this being a different world.
AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24