Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Potential Fodder Leveling?
Hey! So, the last time I was actually active on the forums was.... two years ago.... and frankly I've no idea what I'm doing hahaha...

I've got a few level 25s... and I breed my own nests of fodder for myself. But, while I wait for those babies to grow up I was thinking "maybe I could also level other people's fodder for a little bit of treasure to make a tiny bit of money on the side."

The problem is I don't know if people would be interested in this.... and the bigger problem is I'm not even sure what forum I should officially post this in xD Thoughts and assistance, please?

Also a little note: I did search forums for similar titles to "fodder leveling", but the most recent thing I could find was from 4 years ago... Assuming I searched for that correctly...
Hey! So, the last time I was actually active on the forums was.... two years ago.... and frankly I've no idea what I'm doing hahaha...

I've got a few level 25s... and I breed my own nests of fodder for myself. But, while I wait for those babies to grow up I was thinking "maybe I could also level other people's fodder for a little bit of treasure to make a tiny bit of money on the side."

The problem is I don't know if people would be interested in this.... and the bigger problem is I'm not even sure what forum I should officially post this in xD Thoughts and assistance, please?

Also a little note: I did search forums for similar titles to "fodder leveling", but the most recent thing I could find was from 4 years ago... Assuming I searched for that correctly...
@Althyrin The whole point of training fodder is to make money. If you're paying someone else to level dragons for you you aren't making any profit from the dragon. Because of this training fodder for others isn't really a thing outside of serious dominance battles and they don't happen every week.

Is there any reason you couldn't just train fodder and exalt it yourself? :D Just buy the cheapest adults on the AH, train them to level 6-8 and exalt.
@Althyrin The whole point of training fodder is to make money. If you're paying someone else to level dragons for you you aren't making any profit from the dragon. Because of this training fodder for others isn't really a thing outside of serious dominance battles and they don't happen every week.

Is there any reason you couldn't just train fodder and exalt it yourself? :D Just buy the cheapest adults on the AH, train them to level 6-8 and exalt.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@Althyrin
I believe the term you're looking for is "mercenaries"! I don't believe there's a huge market for individuals buying leveled fodder when it's very easy to level them yourself, however mercenary services do get bought during dominance battles.

here is the mercenary thread for Light! I am not sure how active the program is as I'm not in Light, however it seems they were around during the last Ice vs. Water dominance battle which I do recall as I participated in that battle.
@Althyrin
I believe the term you're looking for is "mercenaries"! I don't believe there's a huge market for individuals buying leveled fodder when it's very easy to level them yourself, however mercenary services do get bought during dominance battles.

here is the mercenary thread for Light! I am not sure how active the program is as I'm not in Light, however it seems they were around during the last Ice vs. Water dominance battle which I do recall as I participated in that battle.
fo11Vhp.png
@Althyrin

Fodder prices are 7.5k for adults currently, so you can level them up and exalt for profit.
Or if you don't want to exalt them yourself there's Wind's Dominance raffle where you can trade leveled fodder for tickets and or treasure.

there's usually weekly raffles like that if you keep an eye out on Dom Watch

otherwise try making a fodder leveling service in your Flight Dominance or the Items for Sale threads.
@Althyrin

Fodder prices are 7.5k for adults currently, so you can level them up and exalt for profit.
Or if you don't want to exalt them yourself there's Wind's Dominance raffle where you can trade leveled fodder for tickets and or treasure.

there's usually weekly raffles like that if you keep an eye out on Dom Watch

otherwise try making a fodder leveling service in your Flight Dominance or the Items for Sale threads.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
@Lonin Hey, thanks for the reply.
I already do train fodder for myself. But, I breed most of my own fodder.
I figure this would be more of a... let's call it a side hobby?
Just something I can do for fun while still making a small amount of money on the side. While there might not be a good profit, I actually find the experience fun, and I wouldn't mind doing it for other people.
@Lonin Hey, thanks for the reply.
I already do train fodder for myself. But, I breed most of my own fodder.
I figure this would be more of a... let's call it a side hobby?
Just something I can do for fun while still making a small amount of money on the side. While there might not be a good profit, I actually find the experience fun, and I wouldn't mind doing it for other people.
@Naegiri @Anourou
I had no idea about those things! That's what I get for avoiding the forums, huh? xD
Thanks for the responses. I'll check out what you both linked to me!
@Naegiri @Anourou
I had no idea about those things! That's what I get for avoiding the forums, huh? xD
Thanks for the responses. I'll check out what you both linked to me!
@Althyrin But unless you were charging basically nothing it wouldn't be worth it for other people to hire you.
If you buy dragons from the AH for about 7k and train them to level 7 you're making 4k profit per dragon. There isn't much room there for your time as well as making it worth it for the owner to send you loads of dragons, wait, accept them back then exalt.
It'd be a much better idea to just exalt your own. If you want to train for other people you might want to consider going to level 25 instead.
@Althyrin But unless you were charging basically nothing it wouldn't be worth it for other people to hire you.
If you buy dragons from the AH for about 7k and train them to level 7 you're making 4k profit per dragon. There isn't much room there for your time as well as making it worth it for the owner to send you loads of dragons, wait, accept them back then exalt.
It'd be a much better idea to just exalt your own. If you want to train for other people you might want to consider going to level 25 instead.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@Lonin
Ah! You're right, I didn't think about it that way. Good points, and thanks for taking the time to make that clear to me. I wasn't thinking about the price for buying the fodder, as well, when I was considering everything lol.
I'll definitely consider what you said, though, about leveling dragons to 25. There could be some potential money in that for sure n.n
@Lonin
Ah! You're right, I didn't think about it that way. Good points, and thanks for taking the time to make that clear to me. I wasn't thinking about the price for buying the fodder, as well, when I was considering everything lol.
I'll definitely consider what you said, though, about leveling dragons to 25. There could be some potential money in that for sure n.n
@Althyrin

Before leveling up dragons to L25 take a look at the math:
Quote:
L25: 1,363,652 experience
Exalt fodder floor of 7k. Approximate number of dragons to reach that amount of experience as some is lost to overflow:

L10 = 8,750 net profit x 19.5 = 170,625
L9 = 7,250 net profit x 28.3 = 205,175
L8 = 5,750 net profit x 42.4 = 243,800
L7 = 4,250 net profit x 67 = 284,750
L6 = 2,750 net profit x 130 = 357,500
L5 = 1,250 net profit x 250 =312,500

You'll lose a bit more time finding/naming/exalting more dragons but the numbers are fairly compelling.

Current prices for L25s are 200g/225k. Depending on the cost of exalts vs. how much you can sell L25s one is generally more profitable than the other.

At the current fodder floor of 8,500 or so it's more profitable to level up to 25 but as fodder prices drop it won't be.
@Althyrin

Before leveling up dragons to L25 take a look at the math:
Quote:
L25: 1,363,652 experience
Exalt fodder floor of 7k. Approximate number of dragons to reach that amount of experience as some is lost to overflow:

L10 = 8,750 net profit x 19.5 = 170,625
L9 = 7,250 net profit x 28.3 = 205,175
L8 = 5,750 net profit x 42.4 = 243,800
L7 = 4,250 net profit x 67 = 284,750
L6 = 2,750 net profit x 130 = 357,500
L5 = 1,250 net profit x 250 =312,500

You'll lose a bit more time finding/naming/exalting more dragons but the numbers are fairly compelling.

Current prices for L25s are 200g/225k. Depending on the cost of exalts vs. how much you can sell L25s one is generally more profitable than the other.

At the current fodder floor of 8,500 or so it's more profitable to level up to 25 but as fodder prices drop it won't be.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?