Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | When I was a child, I believed...
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41 42
...that if I practiced magick bad things would happen
...that if I practiced magick bad things would happen
Messages are welcome :)
that one day, I would truly be older than my cousin, who is two years older than me.
that one day, I would truly be older than my cousin, who is two years older than me.
tFtivUoURYLbG.gif
... that there was a skeleton living in our toilet
... that my best friend was a werewolf, and if she bit me I could be one too
... that there was a skeleton living in our toilet
... that my best friend was a werewolf, and if she bit me I could be one too
umLF6oK.gif Jack / Dawn
Any pronouns!
FR+9
- the reason that the underside of big bug bites feel bumpy (if it’s on a part of your skin that’s loose enough to turn it over and feel the underside, idk if everyone has done this or just me) is because there’s tiny workers there trying to fix it (thanks dad)

- there were two people/creatures/entities who lived behind a secret door in my bedroom wall near the ceiling, and would open the door to watch me while I sleep and quietly talk to themselves. I wasn’t sure if they meant me harm or not, but I was always careful not to look at them, just in case

- everyone lived to be 100, and would die on their 100th birthday

- my life was actually someone else’s dream

- babies just happen, without any conscious decision or action on the to-be parents’ part

- my stuffed animals would get upset with me if I didn’t treat them all equally

- that the civil war was entirely contained within my state (thanks elementary school!!!! No one told us it was a country wide thing until heckin middle school)

I’m sure there’s more, but that’s all I got right now
- the reason that the underside of big bug bites feel bumpy (if it’s on a part of your skin that’s loose enough to turn it over and feel the underside, idk if everyone has done this or just me) is because there’s tiny workers there trying to fix it (thanks dad)

- there were two people/creatures/entities who lived behind a secret door in my bedroom wall near the ceiling, and would open the door to watch me while I sleep and quietly talk to themselves. I wasn’t sure if they meant me harm or not, but I was always careful not to look at them, just in case

- everyone lived to be 100, and would die on their 100th birthday

- my life was actually someone else’s dream

- babies just happen, without any conscious decision or action on the to-be parents’ part

- my stuffed animals would get upset with me if I didn’t treat them all equally

- that the civil war was entirely contained within my state (thanks elementary school!!!! No one told us it was a country wide thing until heckin middle school)

I’m sure there’s more, but that’s all I got right now
qlEHRGj.pngO5imYij.png
That men give birth to baby boys.
That men give birth to baby boys.
sig wip :)
That there was a monster in my closet. Didn't help that my bed was positioned to face the closet when I slept.
That there was a monster in my closet. Didn't help that my bed was positioned to face the closet when I slept.
I don't remember a lot, honestly. I remember saying things, but never 100% believing them. Like digging a hole to China, as an example - I think a part of my mind didn't believe it, but I still dug holes with my brother anyway. And I was awake enough to see my dad reach under the pillow to take my baby tooth and replace it with a loonie, so I simply played along for a long time and pretended to still believe in the tooth fairy. I was a teenager when I revealed I'd known the truth since before I was 10.

But of the things I remember believing...

- You could 'unneuter' your pets. I wanted to 'unneuter' our cat to breed him with a pretty female cat in the area, then 'reneuter' him. My mother tried explaining it didn't work that way, but I didn't understand neutering being a final, irreversible thing.

- That Santa Claus was real. I beleived this into my early double-digits, and my reasoning was that many of our christmas presents were too expensive for my family to afford (I didn't ever think about the possibility that they'd save money over time for Christmas, and then hide the items). When my mother revealed the truth, I was so mind-blown I actually cried. I kept saying "But you guys couldn't afford those things!". I've decided if I have kids, I won't make them believe 100% in Santa Claus - some gifts will be from their parents, some from "Santa".

- That only animals, ah... 'mated'. My family watched lots of nature documentaries, so I'd seen animals doing the deed plenty of times. But since people tend to act like humans are different, or 'are not animals', my brain decided that meant 'humans don't do that'. When I found out that humans did, in fact, make babies the same way as other animals, I was disgusted - I didn't want to picture my parents doing that! Still don't haha

- That everyone's phone number was completely different from anyone else's. So when I overheard a classmate in the third grade saying "Oh yeah, my number is 123-456-7890 (obviously a fake number lol), I was like "Wow, mine starts with 123-456 too!" She looked at me and said, with an equally condescending tone "Yeah, everyone's does." I felt so stupid, it was in front of the whole class too :(

- That ghosts were real, and we had them in my house. I'm still open-minded and think there could be a possibility of souls and spirits existing, but I don't act like it's a 100% fact anymore. Still terrified of my basement at night though!

- That when a girl got her period, she was almost gushing constantly and had to stand over a bucket constantly. I became terrified about hitting puberty.
I don't remember a lot, honestly. I remember saying things, but never 100% believing them. Like digging a hole to China, as an example - I think a part of my mind didn't believe it, but I still dug holes with my brother anyway. And I was awake enough to see my dad reach under the pillow to take my baby tooth and replace it with a loonie, so I simply played along for a long time and pretended to still believe in the tooth fairy. I was a teenager when I revealed I'd known the truth since before I was 10.

But of the things I remember believing...

- You could 'unneuter' your pets. I wanted to 'unneuter' our cat to breed him with a pretty female cat in the area, then 'reneuter' him. My mother tried explaining it didn't work that way, but I didn't understand neutering being a final, irreversible thing.

- That Santa Claus was real. I beleived this into my early double-digits, and my reasoning was that many of our christmas presents were too expensive for my family to afford (I didn't ever think about the possibility that they'd save money over time for Christmas, and then hide the items). When my mother revealed the truth, I was so mind-blown I actually cried. I kept saying "But you guys couldn't afford those things!". I've decided if I have kids, I won't make them believe 100% in Santa Claus - some gifts will be from their parents, some from "Santa".

- That only animals, ah... 'mated'. My family watched lots of nature documentaries, so I'd seen animals doing the deed plenty of times. But since people tend to act like humans are different, or 'are not animals', my brain decided that meant 'humans don't do that'. When I found out that humans did, in fact, make babies the same way as other animals, I was disgusted - I didn't want to picture my parents doing that! Still don't haha

- That everyone's phone number was completely different from anyone else's. So when I overheard a classmate in the third grade saying "Oh yeah, my number is 123-456-7890 (obviously a fake number lol), I was like "Wow, mine starts with 123-456 too!" She looked at me and said, with an equally condescending tone "Yeah, everyone's does." I felt so stupid, it was in front of the whole class too :(

- That ghosts were real, and we had them in my house. I'm still open-minded and think there could be a possibility of souls and spirits existing, but I don't act like it's a 100% fact anymore. Still terrified of my basement at night though!

- That when a girl got her period, she was almost gushing constantly and had to stand over a bucket constantly. I became terrified about hitting puberty.
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
[quote name="SnowTheHedgehog" date="2020-02-22 21:06:28" ] ...That if you ate from 12:00-12:59 you'd get really sick and die or something (I have an explanation for this, but it's a tad long..XD) [/quote] This reminds me of the Gremlins
SnowTheHedgehog wrote on 2020-02-22 21:06:28:
...That if you ate from 12:00-12:59 you'd get really sick and die or something (I have an explanation for this, but it's a tad long..XD)
This reminds me of the Gremlins
0HBKL8H.pngBt9KLea.png
FObX7rS.pngeTTRxv6.png
9gQbEv9.pngoaolHwW.png
wthFnM3.pngzE3edrX.png
Clouds came from factories. I saw smoke billowing out of a large factory funnel and my little kid mind thought that’s where clouds come from
Clouds came from factories. I saw smoke billowing out of a large factory funnel and my little kid mind thought that’s where clouds come from
23998.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDrako
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifShe/Her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif+4 FR
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Fan

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPFP Dragon
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSkins/Accents
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifHatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
7PxzYVb.png YzDUQXb.png vonVRKR.png
That all babies were born by c-section.
That all babies were born by c-section.