Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let us decide who can post on profile
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
I support setting profile comments, pings, PMs, friend requests, and all else to Everyone, No One, Friends Only, or Flight Only.
I support setting profile comments, pings, PMs, friend requests, and all else to Everyone, No One, Friends Only, or Flight Only.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Definitely support. People should be allowed to limit comments, but I just hope that limiting comments wouldn't cause too much of an inbox message spam.
Definitely support. People should be allowed to limit comments, but I just hope that limiting comments wouldn't cause too much of an inbox message spam.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
Support.

Although I'm a social player (I like pm's and profile posts), I'm reading this thread and seeing people are upset by it. I'd like to think I'm not annoying (I've never thanked people for buying my dragon or asked them to name it), but who knows, maybe I've bothered people.

FR should be fun for everyone. I can get overexcited and I see how that could get grating on other people's nerves-and I wouldn't want to find out that I've been making the game not fun for some people. This seems like a good solution.
Support.

Although I'm a social player (I like pm's and profile posts), I'm reading this thread and seeing people are upset by it. I'd like to think I'm not annoying (I've never thanked people for buying my dragon or asked them to name it), but who knows, maybe I've bothered people.

FR should be fun for everyone. I can get overexcited and I see how that could get grating on other people's nerves-and I wouldn't want to find out that I've been making the game not fun for some people. This seems like a good solution.
Support for sure. I've dealt with profile harassment on other sites and the fear that it may happen here crops up every now and again... I'd like to be able to nip that sort of thing in the bud on my own.
Support for sure. I've dealt with profile harassment on other sites and the fear that it may happen here crops up every now and again... I'd like to be able to nip that sort of thing in the bud on my own.
Bumping this cause I just had yet another really unpleasant case of someone hysterically spamming my profile and inbox over a dragon. I was gone for like 15 minutes and came back to 5 profile comments and 4 pms, not to mention that I got another message from someone playing proxy after I blocked the first person.
Bumping this cause I just had yet another really unpleasant case of someone hysterically spamming my profile and inbox over a dragon. I was gone for like 15 minutes and came back to 5 profile comments and 4 pms, not to mention that I got another message from someone playing proxy after I blocked the first person.
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
Support! I haven’t had these problems yet, but I fail to see the negative of such restrictions. Pretty much every person I talk to here aside from deals and such are people I am familiar with from somewhere else, and I would kinda like to keep it that way without feeling like I’m hurting someone’s feelings by denying a friend request or something.
Support! I haven’t had these problems yet, but I fail to see the negative of such restrictions. Pretty much every person I talk to here aside from deals and such are people I am familiar with from somewhere else, and I would kinda like to keep it that way without feeling like I’m hurting someone’s feelings by denying a friend request or something.
I like the addition about adding 'flight only' to the potential limiting options, but having the option to restrict comments (and other things) in that way would be such an improvement.
I see so many people who have their clan bio taken up by "NO!!!!! I won't do X thing, I don't accept Y requests, I'm not going to do Z with a dragon I bought!!!" and I feel so badly that they've been through enough turmoil that they put up a warning about it.
I like the addition about adding 'flight only' to the potential limiting options, but having the option to restrict comments (and other things) in that way would be such an improvement.
I see so many people who have their clan bio taken up by "NO!!!!! I won't do X thing, I don't accept Y requests, I'm not going to do Z with a dragon I bought!!!" and I feel so badly that they've been through enough turmoil that they put up a warning about it.
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
[quote name="@Katargo" date="2020-03-11 13:34:21" ] Bumping this cause I just had yet another really unpleasant case of someone hysterically spamming my profile and inbox over a dragon. I was gone for like 15 minutes and came back to 5 profile comments and 4 pms, not to mention that I got another message from someone playing proxy after I blocked the first person. [/quote] Proxy-dodging blocks is against the rules. If you haven't reported those two already, please do. [quote]Although I'm a social player (I like pm's and profile posts), I'm reading this thread and seeing people are upset by it. I'd like to think I'm not annoying (I've never thanked people for buying my dragon or asked them to name it), but who knows, maybe I've bothered people.[/quote] I don't think most people mind social calls or random compliments, but things I've seen people get very tired of are people asking them if particular dragons are for sale, questioning them about flipping/reselling/exalting, or thanking them for buying a dragon they sold. (The last is frequently seen as passive-aggressive and an attempt to guilt trip people into not exalting them, whether they planned to or not - I've stopped thanking people who purchase dragons from me and dress them because it has such a negative association these days that I don't want to risk it.)
@Katargo wrote on 2020-03-11 13:34:21:
Proxy-dodging blocks is against the rules. If you haven't reported those two already, please do.
Quote:
I don't think most people mind social calls or random compliments, but things I've seen people get very tired of are people asking them if particular dragons are for sale, questioning them about flipping/reselling/exalting, or thanking them for buying a dragon they sold. (The last is frequently seen as passive-aggressive and an attempt to guilt trip people into not exalting them, whether they planned to or not - I've stopped thanking people who purchase dragons from me and dress them because it has such a negative association these days that I don't want to risk it.)
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Sure, support for all/friends only/none restriction for profile messages, PM and friend requests. I don't flip fodder as often as I used to but I did get my share of these messages and I can easily imagine how annoying they can be.
(still can't forget that long rant in Italian, lol)
Sure, support for all/friends only/none restriction for profile messages, PM and friend requests. I don't flip fodder as often as I used to but I did get my share of these messages and I can easily imagine how annoying they can be.
(still can't forget that long rant in Italian, lol)
Oh you poor snowflakes. If interactions in your lair comment section are so onerous that you can't deal with just deleting them, maybe play a game that's not net connected locally on your computer and you won't have to worry about all those pesky interactions. Sheesh. No Support.
Oh you poor snowflakes. If interactions in your lair comment section are so onerous that you can't deal with just deleting them, maybe play a game that's not net connected locally on your computer and you won't have to worry about all those pesky interactions. Sheesh. No Support.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12