Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Fiona's Fantastic Familiars
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 76 77
Aaaaa, I love Fiona! Really looking forward to her arrival, as well as that of the new breed, in time. [emoji=coatl laughing size=1]
Aaaaa, I love Fiona! Really looking forward to her arrival, as well as that of the new breed, in time.
Modern breed hype time!

Fiona hype time!

Party in my lair!
Modern breed hype time!

Fiona hype time!

Party in my lair!
tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko9_500.png
[emoji=guardian love size=2]
[quote name="aeonium" date="2020-01-23 17:37:42" ] [quote name="worldpillar" date="2020-01-23 17:31:23" ] [quote name="aeonium" date="2020-01-23 17:25:23" ] [quote name="aeonium" date="2020-01-23 17:24:24" ] [quote name="Queerly" date="2020-01-23 16:54:17" ] [quote name="aeonium" date="2020-01-23 16:34:02" ] [quote name="Alnoots" date="2020-01-23 09:36:04" ] Oh!! I'm so excited for Fiona omg Edit for updating on reading it all: I love the feat system of getting another familiar recolor!! It really seems like a neat concept. Plus the progress on the next modern breed? Very nice! Edit 2: SHE IS CONFIRMED TRANS OMG I LOVE HER SO MUCH [/quote] why (looked through the mod posts and... she really isnt? fetishization like this makes me wish i was cis please just leave us alone) [/quote] @aeonium Please stop. Being excited for representation of marginalized minorities and expressing joy at obvious social progress, acceptance, and celebration of characters who reflect your experience or the experience of loved ones is not fetishization. If Fiona is trans, that's awesome! It's really nice to see that staff cares about an inclusive cast of characters for the site. Equally, I'm so excited to see a way for members who can't afford certain familiars to fill out their bestiary. edit: eee tagged the wrong user, sorry about that Alnoots! [/quote] sorry i don't like being treated as a novelty i guess?????? [/quote] i at least hope this is a teaser for a gender change scroll. [/quote] *staff makes a rep character and confirms her identity* this person: idk i just feel like representation in media is fetishizing me???? also why isn't there more trans representation in media :( [/quote] never said i wanted representation but ok! [/quote] then don't come whining on a forum where other people are happy about representation? like seriously why are you even here your reasoning is baffling
aeonium wrote on 2020-01-23 17:37:42:
worldpillar wrote on 2020-01-23 17:31:23:
aeonium wrote on 2020-01-23 17:25:23:
aeonium wrote on 2020-01-23 17:24:24:
Queerly wrote on 2020-01-23 16:54:17:
aeonium wrote on 2020-01-23 16:34:02:
Alnoots wrote on 2020-01-23 09:36:04:
Oh!! I'm so excited for Fiona omg

Edit for updating on reading it all: I love the feat system of getting another familiar recolor!! It really seems like a neat concept. Plus the progress on the next modern breed? Very nice!

Edit 2: SHE IS CONFIRMED TRANS OMG I LOVE HER SO MUCH
why
(looked through the mod posts and... she really isnt? fetishization like this makes me wish i was cis please just leave us alone)

@aeonium Please stop. Being excited for representation of marginalized minorities and expressing joy at obvious social progress, acceptance, and celebration of characters who reflect your experience or the experience of loved ones is not fetishization.

If Fiona is trans, that's awesome! It's really nice to see that staff cares about an inclusive cast of characters for the site. Equally, I'm so excited to see a way for members who can't afford certain familiars to fill out their bestiary.

edit: eee tagged the wrong user, sorry about that Alnoots!
sorry i don't like being treated as a novelty i guess??????
i at least hope this is a teaser for a gender change scroll.

*staff makes a rep character and confirms her identity*

this person: idk i just feel like representation in media is fetishizing me???? also why isn't there more trans representation in media :(
never said i wanted representation but ok!

then don't come whining on a forum where other people are happy about representation? like seriously why are you even here your reasoning is baffling
RfsQVuR.jpg animalism#228827
any pronouns
fr + 2
Fiona's sounds cool! Especially looking forward to new familiars possibly becoming available..
[quote name="aeonium" date="2020-01-23 17:38:09" ] [quote name="Queerly" date="2020-01-23 17:37:31" ] @aeonium No one is treating you as a novelty. People are excited for representation of minorities in the media they love. You are twisting their intention and words to victimize yourself For No Reason, while making light of real victims of fetishization in the process. Again: please stop. That's the last I have to say about it. [/quote] you didn't have to respond? i love being silenced:) [/quote] @aeonium You keep incorrectly using social justice terms. Being excited about representation =/= fetishization. Being told not to be rude and negative =/= being silenced. Maybe read up on them a little more before you try to use them to put others down.
aeonium wrote on 2020-01-23 17:38:09:
Queerly wrote on 2020-01-23 17:37:31:
@aeonium No one is treating you as a novelty. People are excited for representation of minorities in the media they love. You are twisting their intention and words to victimize yourself For No Reason, while making light of real victims of fetishization in the process.

Again: please stop. That's the last I have to say about it.
you didn't have to respond? i love being silenced:)

@aeonium You keep incorrectly using social justice terms. Being excited about representation =/= fetishization. Being told not to be rude and negative =/= being silenced. Maybe read up on them a little more before you try to use them to put others down.
[quote name="Flarism" date="2020-01-23 17:48:42" ] [quote name="aeonium" date="2020-01-23 17:38:09" ] [quote name="Queerly" date="2020-01-23 17:37:31" ] @aeonium No one is treating you as a novelty. People are excited for representation of minorities in the media they love. You are twisting their intention and words to victimize yourself For No Reason, while making light of real victims of fetishization in the process. Again: please stop. That's the last I have to say about it. [/quote] you didn't have to respond? i love being silenced:) [/quote] @aeonium You keep incorrectly using social justice terms. Being excited about representation =/= fetishization. Being told not to be rude and negative =/= being silenced. Maybe read up on them a little more before you try to use them to put others down. [/quote] this. i get not liking characters made for company brownie points but this is Not that. it literally wasn't even part of the conversation until someone asked and now that it's confirmed i'm so happy and like. i'm flabbergasted as to why someone who can't see that would want to still, even in their ignorance, turn around and sour it for everyone else just because they fail to understand. it's unfortunate.
Flarism wrote on 2020-01-23 17:48:42:
aeonium wrote on 2020-01-23 17:38:09:
Queerly wrote on 2020-01-23 17:37:31:
@aeonium No one is treating you as a novelty. People are excited for representation of minorities in the media they love. You are twisting their intention and words to victimize yourself For No Reason, while making light of real victims of fetishization in the process.

Again: please stop. That's the last I have to say about it.
you didn't have to respond? i love being silenced:)

@aeonium You keep incorrectly using social justice terms. Being excited about representation =/= fetishization. Being told not to be rude and negative =/= being silenced. Maybe read up on them a little more before you try to use them to put others down.

this. i get not liking characters made for company brownie points but this is Not that. it literally wasn't even part of the conversation until someone asked and now that it's confirmed i'm so happy and like. i'm flabbergasted as to why someone who can't see that would want to still, even in their ignorance, turn around and sour it for everyone else just because they fail to understand. it's unfortunate.
RfsQVuR.jpg animalism#228827
any pronouns
fr + 2
Ah, an unexpected but heartening update! I'm fond of familiars and the kind of number-crunchy that digs progress bars on new dergs, so this was a pleasant surprise.
Excited to see these updates be implemented into the game! Thank you as always for working so hard on the site <3
Excited to see these updates be implemented into the game! Thank you as always for working so hard on the site <3
DCs5SbU.gifClydlsX.gif
I have a headache and can't read well right now, but does the familiars thing include an easier way to bond with all our own familiars? **hopeful**
I have a headache and can't read well right now, but does the familiars thing include an easier way to bond with all our own familiars? **hopeful**
Delete this account, thank you. I don't want my information on the net for creepers to gank.
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 76 77