Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favourite strange food?
1 2 3 4 5
Whole limes, kiwano melon, any sort of strange fruit!!
Whole limes, kiwano melon, any sort of strange fruit!!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Pretty much anything pickled/smoked/jarred... preserved however.

Pickled asparagus, okra, herring, eggs. All very good.
Sausages and smoked fish, delicious.

Pretty much anything pickled/smoked/jarred... preserved however.

Pickled asparagus, okra, herring, eggs. All very good.
Sausages and smoked fish, delicious.

Bacon bagel w/grape jelly
Bacon bagel w/grape jelly
I eat a lot of strange things that I find good. My favorites are rabbit and goat. Domestic rabbit tastes like chicken, but is ultimately healthier. Goat tastes like really tender beef.

I also like crickets with sour cream and onion flavoring. (No, they are not eaten alive, that's cruel)
I eat a lot of strange things that I find good. My favorites are rabbit and goat. Domestic rabbit tastes like chicken, but is ultimately healthier. Goat tastes like really tender beef.

I also like crickets with sour cream and onion flavoring. (No, they are not eaten alive, that's cruel)
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
Back when I regularly visited my grandma, I'd frequent this Chinese place that served congee, which is a type of rice porridge. That could be considered mildly weird on its own. Usually I got the kind with fish and peanuts in it.

Once they got my order wrong and gave me a big bowl of century egg congee. For those not familiar, century eggs are raw eggs preserved in ash, lime, and salt for at least a month. It actually tasted great! That I'm allergic to eggs is neither here nor there.
Back when I regularly visited my grandma, I'd frequent this Chinese place that served congee, which is a type of rice porridge. That could be considered mildly weird on its own. Usually I got the kind with fish and peanuts in it.

Once they got my order wrong and gave me a big bowl of century egg congee. For those not familiar, century eggs are raw eggs preserved in ash, lime, and salt for at least a month. It actually tasted great! That I'm allergic to eggs is neither here nor there.
Strangest food for me is probably fried or blackened alligator or fried deer meat.
Strangest food for me is probably fried or blackened alligator or fried deer meat.
9iqeDz7.png
[quote name="mahalidael" date="2020-01-19 20:23:45" ] Once they got my order wrong and gave me a big bowl of century egg congee. For those not familiar, century eggs are raw eggs preserved in ash, lime, and salt for at least a month. It actually tasted great! That I'm allergic to eggs is neither here nor there. [/quote] Agree, century egg congee is great. Personally I like leftover chicken and congee.
mahalidael wrote on 2020-01-19 20:23:45:

Agree, century egg congee is great.
Personally I like leftover chicken and congee.
sig wip :)
Pigeon.
The closest thing I've ever had to the taste is chicken livers, though the texture is of course completely different. I grew up poor, my dad was a farmer, pigeons are pests to crops, you get the idea.
Pigeon.
The closest thing I've ever had to the taste is chicken livers, though the texture is of course completely different. I grew up poor, my dad was a farmer, pigeons are pests to crops, you get the idea.
i like to put both ketchup and syrup on my scrambled eggs. and if this concoction touches my pancakes....................no biggie

i also eat kiwis whole like an apple, i didn't know it was weird to eat the skin until i was in like. high school
i like to put both ketchup and syrup on my scrambled eggs. and if this concoction touches my pancakes....................no biggie

i also eat kiwis whole like an apple, i didn't know it was weird to eat the skin until i was in like. high school
21556.png

◊ they/them
◊ 28
◊ FR+2
Watermelon with salt on it. I picked it up from by grandpa. I think it enhances the sweetness of the watermelon and it tastes great!
Watermelon with salt on it. I picked it up from by grandpa. I think it enhances the sweetness of the watermelon and it tastes great!
l2r8MfN.pngto2p366.pngR1x4tFf.pngU8Qr4XL.pngVqCxNUU.pngSybryjN.pngtumblr_psu5tqZwqW1wogl4wo7_75sq.png
1 2 3 4 5