Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Item Marker
1 2
I'd much rather have filtering than dots, but if for some reason filtering is not possible as part of the upcoming hoard revamp then dots would be better than nothing.
I'd much rather have filtering than dots, but if for some reason filtering is not possible as part of the upcoming hoard revamp then dots would be better than nothing.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Some kind of marker would be great, but I'd also be just as happy with a filter in the hoard to show things that were / were not for various activities.
Though if markers are the way it goes, I'd actually prefer something easier to see than dots. Maybe borders? And preferably toggle-able.
Some kind of marker would be great, but I'd also be just as happy with a filter in the hoard to show things that were / were not for various activities.
Though if markers are the way it goes, I'd actually prefer something easier to see than dots. Maybe borders? And preferably toggle-able.
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
yes please! i was thinking of something similar for favorite items in the hoard/vault, which could work the same way since i just favorite baldwin/swipp items anyways [img]https://i.imgur.com/92QqLtu.png[/img] this way if users didn't want to see baldwin/swipp items highlighted you wouldn't need to code toggle-ability (unless for some reason people also didn't want to see their favorites highlighted...)
yes please! i was thinking of something similar for favorite items in the hoard/vault, which could work the same way since i just favorite baldwin/swipp items anyways
92QqLtu.png
this way if users didn't want to see baldwin/swipp items highlighted you wouldn't need to code toggle-ability (unless for some reason people also didn't want to see their favorites highlighted...)
34787.png ........................ c a t i o n
```````````````````````````````````````
naenia ~ ne/nem ~ FR+3

5hF3FGk.png
loimysO.png

I think this is a great idea! I think they should add both filtering and an icon, however the icon should be a setting.

Similar to the other recent quality of life changes to do things like change the way you feed dragons or view the bestiary. I believe there should be 3 (or more?) toggles for this, and they should be off by default as to not annoy anyone who doesn't want them.
-A Swipp icon.
-A Baldwin icon.
-and a Hibernal expansion icon.

This way, if anyone doesn't care about tracking one of these things, they don't have to be stuck with them all.

I also thing instead of cluttering up the objects, borders are a good idea. Like other games show rarity with the border color, this could give a border to show that it has another use!
And on the chance that it's for one or more objects.. I can think of at least 2 viable options.
1: There is a lot of room around objects in the vault. I think making fancy borders could work to show more than one use. And I don't mean just fancy for the sake of fancy, something more intuitive like designated icons or colors? I don't have a particularly solid specific in mind
2: Another option would be to just give an object more than one border. Again, there's a lot if room between items.. maybe each use could be designated a color and multi use items would have more than one border.

In any case.. any further conveniences to knowing the value of my items at a glance is very welcome! I have a bad habit of destroying the clutter without checking what it is first which can make things like hibernal difficult, or run out of a material I previously had a lot of because I didn't realize it's use when I discarded a bunch.
I think this is a great idea! I think they should add both filtering and an icon, however the icon should be a setting.

Similar to the other recent quality of life changes to do things like change the way you feed dragons or view the bestiary. I believe there should be 3 (or more?) toggles for this, and they should be off by default as to not annoy anyone who doesn't want them.
-A Swipp icon.
-A Baldwin icon.
-and a Hibernal expansion icon.

This way, if anyone doesn't care about tracking one of these things, they don't have to be stuck with them all.

I also thing instead of cluttering up the objects, borders are a good idea. Like other games show rarity with the border color, this could give a border to show that it has another use!
And on the chance that it's for one or more objects.. I can think of at least 2 viable options.
1: There is a lot of room around objects in the vault. I think making fancy borders could work to show more than one use. And I don't mean just fancy for the sake of fancy, something more intuitive like designated icons or colors? I don't have a particularly solid specific in mind
2: Another option would be to just give an object more than one border. Again, there's a lot if room between items.. maybe each use could be designated a color and multi use items would have more than one border.

In any case.. any further conveniences to knowing the value of my items at a glance is very welcome! I have a bad habit of destroying the clutter without checking what it is first which can make things like hibernal difficult, or run out of a material I previously had a lot of because I didn't realize it's use when I discarded a bunch.
Please Don't ping me to tell me you are not interested.
If I don't provide a price... I probably don't have one. If there's interest, I'll try and think of one for you! Don't worry, you're all set, amigo!
-Sorry if I missed you asking!
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2020-01-09 17:54:06" ] If they do something like this I really hope that it's something you enable for your account if you want it. Because honestly, I do not want to see this kind of clutter on the icons. [/quote] That's part of the reason I just figured it'd be in the hoard/vault, so it doesn't show up in posts/dragon bios. This was really more of a "I thought of it and threw an example down in five minutes" kind of thing. If staff decides to implement it, I'm sure they could add some kind of toggle or think of something. Cation actually had an interesting idea that I'll include next, my thinking that it'll be just on the infocard. Little slower than my idea, but still faster than cross-referencing a few dozen pages. [quote name="cation" date="2020-01-10 14:54:48" ] yes please! i was thinking of something similar for favorite items in the hoard/vault, which could work the same way since i just favorite baldwin/swipp items anyways [img]https://i.imgur.com/92QqLtu.png[/img] this way if users didn't want to see baldwin/swipp items highlighted you wouldn't need to code toggle-ability (unless for some reason people also didn't want to see their favorites highlighted...) [/quote]
PersimmonBird wrote on 2020-01-09 17:54:06:
If they do something like this I really hope that it's something you enable for your account if you want it. Because honestly, I do not want to see this kind of clutter on the icons.

That's part of the reason I just figured it'd be in the hoard/vault, so it doesn't show up in posts/dragon bios. This was really more of a "I thought of it and threw an example down in five minutes" kind of thing. If staff decides to implement it, I'm sure they could add some kind of toggle or think of something. Cation actually had an interesting idea that I'll include next, my thinking that it'll be just on the infocard. Little slower than my idea, but still faster than cross-referencing a few dozen pages.
cation wrote on 2020-01-10 14:54:48:
yes please! i was thinking of something similar for favorite items in the hoard/vault, which could work the same way since i just favorite baldwin/swipp items anyways
92QqLtu.png
this way if users didn't want to see baldwin/swipp items highlighted you wouldn't need to code toggle-ability (unless for some reason people also didn't want to see their favorites highlighted...)
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more."
I like the general idea but I don't like the suggested implementation - the problem I see is that some items have multiple applications, so would they get multiple icons/dots? And everything tiny is hard to see on phones, so it's not very visually-accessible. I think I'd prefer filtering/search just because it feels like it would be more broadly applicable and accessible.
I like the general idea but I don't like the suggested implementation - the problem I see is that some items have multiple applications, so would they get multiple icons/dots? And everything tiny is hard to see on phones, so it's not very visually-accessible. I think I'd prefer filtering/search just because it feels like it would be more broadly applicable and accessible.
JQQ3Fjt.png
Yes please! Ive heard of something you download that does this I can't remember what they are called but im pretty sure they are against site rules.
I hope it gets an on/off thing if it were to be added.
Maybe some kind of indicator in the description.
Yes please! Ive heard of something you download that does this I can't remember what they are called but im pretty sure they are against site rules.
I hope it gets an on/off thing if it were to be added.
Maybe some kind of indicator in the description.
Click them! --> Christmas Dragons! | Wishlist!
My FR memes!! | Dragon Sales!!!

I don't mind pings or messages :) I would be glad to be an Arcane nest for free! Lvl 18 free brewing. Just send materials + treasure.
OfF9Gci.gif
1 2