Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | put important changes in site status box
1 2 3
Support, but without the 24 hours. It should be announced upon discovery especially if it's a huge change that people paid real life money for. Communication is extremely important, everyone deserves to know if something is bugged or will be changed in the future before they purchase it. Once again, especially if it's primarily bought with gems.
Support, but without the 24 hours. It should be announced upon discovery especially if it's a huge change that people paid real life money for. Communication is extremely important, everyone deserves to know if something is bugged or will be changed in the future before they purchase it. Once again, especially if it's primarily bought with gems.
615i00.png
Fr blog | Adopts | Skins
Fr + 0
oru7s0.png
Definitely a support, thank you for the ping. I was lucky enough not to be affected by this myself (though I did entertain the idea of Squiggle on my female Banescale before finding myself a combo I liked better), but this really is a stinging blow to those who spent time (and most likely gems in the case of Metallic and Alloy) to get a specific look on their dragons and have it ruined. Mistakes happen, I get that, but better acknowledgement, planning, and announcements would definitely help in preventing an outcry like this in the future. I'd be salty if I spent real-world money or worked really hard to grind Gems, only to have it go to waste.
Definitely a support, thank you for the ping. I was lucky enough not to be affected by this myself (though I did entertain the idea of Squiggle on my female Banescale before finding myself a combo I liked better), but this really is a stinging blow to those who spent time (and most likely gems in the case of Metallic and Alloy) to get a specific look on their dragons and have it ruined. Mistakes happen, I get that, but better acknowledgement, planning, and announcements would definitely help in preventing an outcry like this in the future. I'd be salty if I spent real-world money or worked really hard to grind Gems, only to have it go to waste.
tumblr_inline_nb17n4oppf1qg78ij.pnghv2bk2R.pngmaA9Iub.pngicseesu.png1gXOifQ.png
I believe that the changes should be announced in any update post, and then again the week that the changes are made. Examples should be put up as well of the changes so that people have time to tweek or change plans.
I believe that the changes should be announced in any update post, and then again the week that the changes are made. Examples should be put up as well of the changes so that people have time to tweek or change plans.
tzdYBHr.png
The Whispered Clan
Bulk Hatchery and RP Spot
[quote name="RiavaCornelia" date="2020-01-10 05:18:31" ] I honestly love the changes on metallic/alloy on banescales. The old were too "flat" and the horns weren't metallic at all. [/quote]
RiavaCornelia wrote on 2020-01-10 05:18:31:
I honestly love the changes on metallic/alloy on banescales. The old were too "flat" and the horns weren't metallic at all.
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
Support! Regardless on how people feel about the update itself, I definitely think once the staff realizes there is an art error and intend to fix it someday, that they should put a notification in the status box; many more people will read that than the update posts. This way, people won't waste their time/funds on a project that is actually dead on arrival.

I'm really glad that I didn't invest in metallic/alloy on the banescales, or I would be pretty upset by those wasted gems. Since the staff never seems to fix any gene/color errors, you can't expect the userbase to believe they would have done otherwise in this instance, at least in a timely fashion. So people's annoyance is warranted. Now if the site always made a point to address errors (at least acknowledge them and actually intend to do something about), we wouldn't be in this situation. (I'm still annoyed that Python/Morph on Pearlcatcher females hasn't been fixed after all this time, and neither has Ice Glimmer on Ridgeback females, just to name a few other issues that got tossed to the wayside.)
Support! Regardless on how people feel about the update itself, I definitely think once the staff realizes there is an art error and intend to fix it someday, that they should put a notification in the status box; many more people will read that than the update posts. This way, people won't waste their time/funds on a project that is actually dead on arrival.

I'm really glad that I didn't invest in metallic/alloy on the banescales, or I would be pretty upset by those wasted gems. Since the staff never seems to fix any gene/color errors, you can't expect the userbase to believe they would have done otherwise in this instance, at least in a timely fashion. So people's annoyance is warranted. Now if the site always made a point to address errors (at least acknowledge them and actually intend to do something about), we wouldn't be in this situation. (I'm still annoyed that Python/Morph on Pearlcatcher females hasn't been fixed after all this time, and neither has Ice Glimmer on Ridgeback females, just to name a few other issues that got tossed to the wayside.)
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
[quote name="Bulletdance" date="2020-01-10 07:46:58" ] I recommend asking paypal if you spent gems since on site support has done nothing for me so far. [/quote] I'm sorry but this is bad advice :P if you take your money back through paypal you can probably say goodbye to your FR account since I am fairly sure they will close it if you do a chargeback
Bulletdance wrote on 2020-01-10 07:46:58:
I recommend asking paypal if you spent gems since on site support has done nothing for me so far.

I'm sorry but this is bad advice :P if you take your money back through paypal you can probably say goodbye to your FR account since I am fairly sure they will close it if you do a chargeback
I'm so glad people are in favour of this suggestion! I really hope staff will take notice!
I'm so glad people are in favour of this suggestion! I really hope staff will take notice!
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
If there's no ETA on a fix, I don't want to see it broadcast. Once an ETA is decided I would appreciate a heads up, though.

Iri/shim being the main reason why not. I've been hesitant on buying any irishim dragons for three years because I don't know if the shininess will ever be reverted (and I strongly prefer the extra shininess on the new colors). The error was identified and hasn't been fixed, with no word whether it will be fixed or left as-is. For all we know we could've gotten another such situation: A notice that metallic/alloy was off... and waiting indefinitely for a fix.

I'd rather see better quality control in the first place before genes are released. The layer difference between bane met/alloy and modern met/alloy feels obvious--but being an ancient breed, we couldn't have known if that was intentional or not. I assumed it was intentional. It's one thing if something's off with one or two colors, not the entire gene or an entire half of the gene (like Squiggle, I think?), and I don't know how that would get past a double-check before release.
If there's no ETA on a fix, I don't want to see it broadcast. Once an ETA is decided I would appreciate a heads up, though.

Iri/shim being the main reason why not. I've been hesitant on buying any irishim dragons for three years because I don't know if the shininess will ever be reverted (and I strongly prefer the extra shininess on the new colors). The error was identified and hasn't been fixed, with no word whether it will be fixed or left as-is. For all we know we could've gotten another such situation: A notice that metallic/alloy was off... and waiting indefinitely for a fix.

I'd rather see better quality control in the first place before genes are released. The layer difference between bane met/alloy and modern met/alloy feels obvious--but being an ancient breed, we couldn't have known if that was intentional or not. I assumed it was intentional. It's one thing if something's off with one or two colors, not the entire gene or an entire half of the gene (like Squiggle, I think?), and I don't know how that would get past a double-check before release.
DEFINITE support. It was annoying to see many of my beloved scries turn into something I didn't like at all. Thankfully I hadn't bought any genes (except squiggle which I farmed for hours to get only for it to be cruddy on my dragon and not match anymore) but I feel so bad to those that did as it is very likely some bought those gems with real money, which is basically just screwing those players over.

These genes need to be TESTED before they are released or at least an immediate announcement they need to be fixed and a removal from the marketplace. It baffles me it took them a month to do this with no word to us at all. There hasn't even been any sort of apology to those who bought gems for the genes, which kind of annoys me. I wish there was definitely more communication.
DEFINITE support. It was annoying to see many of my beloved scries turn into something I didn't like at all. Thankfully I hadn't bought any genes (except squiggle which I farmed for hours to get only for it to be cruddy on my dragon and not match anymore) but I feel so bad to those that did as it is very likely some bought those gems with real money, which is basically just screwing those players over.

These genes need to be TESTED before they are released or at least an immediate announcement they need to be fixed and a removal from the marketplace. It baffles me it took them a month to do this with no word to us at all. There hasn't even been any sort of apology to those who bought gems for the genes, which kind of annoys me. I wish there was definitely more communication.
Major support
I have not been personally effected by this, but it bothers me, because any and all changes planned should be announced ASAP, especially with things like genes
Lots of people are extremely upset because they paid actual money, or put hours or days of effort saving up for something that turns out wasn't even the final product, and now have ended with something entirely different
As Quivira said, there wasn't even a sorry, the staff have not responded to anything in the announcement thread either, and nothing was said of the problems with the genes in the Banescale announcement either, so no say whatsoever from staff about this until just now
Major support
I have not been personally effected by this, but it bothers me, because any and all changes planned should be announced ASAP, especially with things like genes
Lots of people are extremely upset because they paid actual money, or put hours or days of effort saving up for something that turns out wasn't even the final product, and now have ended with something entirely different
As Quivira said, there wasn't even a sorry, the staff have not responded to anything in the announcement thread either, and nothing was said of the problems with the genes in the Banescale announcement either, so no say whatsoever from staff about this until just now
Just another feral fool
1 2 3