Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Fans & Underbelly
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 59 60
Yes!!
Yes!!
Signature_zpss7bcoadx.jpg
Y I K E S
The fans look bad on the gaos, mixed with the manes >.<
Y I K E S
The fans look bad on the gaos, mixed with the manes >.<
7edpCQh.png
fans on gaolers......is kind of bad. why say genes are exclusive to a breed but then slap them on another?? i liked the idea that ancient genes were special to a specific type.

and gaolers are from a colder environment - them having fins makes zero sense. i know, dragon website, dragons are real, whatever. but attributes have mostly made sense on most dragon breeds so far. gaolers have no reason to regulate coolness. plus the fins look...slapped on and doesn't correspond well with the fur. they should have just gotten a new gene instead. lets not swip and swap genes between ancients if they're stated to be special to one breed...thanks.

i dont own any metal banes but the change was kind of uncalled for and i think it would have been much better if you mentioned it was "bugged" earlier (lets be honest, the old was really pretty imo) then people wouldn't be as upset. players spent money on it without knowing it was bugged.

edit: i appreciate what the staff does but clarity is really needed in situations like this.
fans on gaolers......is kind of bad. why say genes are exclusive to a breed but then slap them on another?? i liked the idea that ancient genes were special to a specific type.

and gaolers are from a colder environment - them having fins makes zero sense. i know, dragon website, dragons are real, whatever. but attributes have mostly made sense on most dragon breeds so far. gaolers have no reason to regulate coolness. plus the fins look...slapped on and doesn't correspond well with the fur. they should have just gotten a new gene instead. lets not swip and swap genes between ancients if they're stated to be special to one breed...thanks.

i dont own any metal banes but the change was kind of uncalled for and i think it would have been much better if you mentioned it was "bugged" earlier (lets be honest, the old was really pretty imo) then people wouldn't be as upset. players spent money on it without knowing it was bugged.

edit: i appreciate what the staff does but clarity is really needed in situations like this.
Pretty
Pretty
Seriously! Amazing!!
Seriously! Amazing!!
arcane_small.png
Pleasure to meet you!
This update just seems like a big ol mess, damn what a shame. Underbelly is nice, but it seems that the negative feedback outweighs the positive.

I don't like the fans on gaolers either, like at all. However, with my style I am not in the market for it, to be at least a little fair. However, I feel it messes with canon; it makes no sense with where the Gaolers originate, and what they are covered with. Why would they need the fins when they are covered in all of that heavy fur?

Also, although it'd be cool if the people who bought the bugged genes could be compensated or refunded, I highly doubt this will ever happen, just doesn't seem realistic. Although there is a chance that someone has spent real money to buy the gene(s), it is still just a digital game, not run by a large company. I don't think the staff are equipped to deal with this.

To the staff, thank you for all your hard work, but please do remember something from this whole ordeal: If a gene is bugged, don't wait to tell us until the moment it is fixed, release updates beforehand and fix it from there. Although in the end, the result will be the same(the gene will be fixed no matter what, it doesn't make sense to make that specific breed version bugged.) the reception will be much much better.

Edit: as has been pointed out, arctic species and/or animals with long fur do swim, so that argument is invalid.
Also, I never wrapped up my thoughts. The community needs to calm down since I don't believe that they are gonna be refunded(and honestly I don't believe we should, even though its the desirable choice), and the staff should look and see what happened with this update, and learn from it.
This update just seems like a big ol mess, damn what a shame. Underbelly is nice, but it seems that the negative feedback outweighs the positive.

I don't like the fans on gaolers either, like at all. However, with my style I am not in the market for it, to be at least a little fair. However, I feel it messes with canon; it makes no sense with where the Gaolers originate, and what they are covered with. Why would they need the fins when they are covered in all of that heavy fur?

Also, although it'd be cool if the people who bought the bugged genes could be compensated or refunded, I highly doubt this will ever happen, just doesn't seem realistic. Although there is a chance that someone has spent real money to buy the gene(s), it is still just a digital game, not run by a large company. I don't think the staff are equipped to deal with this.

To the staff, thank you for all your hard work, but please do remember something from this whole ordeal: If a gene is bugged, don't wait to tell us until the moment it is fixed, release updates beforehand and fix it from there. Although in the end, the result will be the same(the gene will be fixed no matter what, it doesn't make sense to make that specific breed version bugged.) the reception will be much much better.

Edit: as has been pointed out, arctic species and/or animals with long fur do swim, so that argument is invalid.
Also, I never wrapped up my thoughts. The community needs to calm down since I don't believe that they are gonna be refunded(and honestly I don't believe we should, even though its the desirable choice), and the staff should look and see what happened with this update, and learn from it.
I hope this is a preface to crossbreeding ancient dragons in the future!
I hope this is a preface to crossbreeding ancient dragons in the future!
pCyNFku.gif
Gaoler fans just don't make sense.. the issue isn't with them not being fitting, it's that they're just plain poorly made. On the male, the main issues are with multi-gaze (which, multigaze is broken on ALL fanned dragons) but the scalp also looks slightly off to me. The fans are placed behind the scalp making it look a little awkward, but it's not super bad on the males. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/433354559486689280/664624182595682314/Gaoler20male.png[/img] As for the females.. it's horrible. The fans are placed WAY behind the scalp, making it look awful- multi-gaze is glitched as always, and there's fur BEHIND the fans on its back!! The fans are obviously supposed to be centered on the spine, so there's either going to be NO fur tuft their, or it's going to be placed inbetween the fans, showing up on both sides. With it being behind the fans, it means there's a [i]big tuft of fur sitting on the side of its back[/i] Everything from this fur tuft to the fans being behind the scalp makes it look like the fans are completely off-center. It's hideous. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/433354559486689280/664624851453214721/unknown.png[/img]
Gaoler fans just don't make sense.. the issue isn't with them not being fitting, it's that they're just plain poorly made.
On the male, the main issues are with multi-gaze (which, multigaze is broken on ALL fanned dragons) but the scalp also looks slightly off to me. The fans are placed behind the scalp making it look a little awkward, but it's not super bad on the males.
Gaoler20male.png

As for the females.. it's horrible.
The fans are placed WAY behind the scalp, making it look awful- multi-gaze is glitched as always, and there's fur BEHIND the fans on its back!! The fans are obviously supposed to be centered on the spine, so there's either going to be NO fur tuft their, or it's going to be placed inbetween the fans, showing up on both sides. With it being behind the fans, it means there's a big tuft of fur sitting on the side of its back
Everything from this fur tuft to the fans being behind the scalp makes it look like the fans are completely off-center. It's hideous.
unknown.png
nYqoHFj.png
THIS IS WHY I ALWAYS GET COLD FEET
Aight. I get if the metallic was missing crap but yeah. Saving up to gene a banescale and then it looks totally different like- ??????? I'm really upset cause the perfect color combo I wanted AND GOT is now totally different and I'm really, really bummed about that. The amount of gems- I'm really upset over the sudden change lmao This is how I got her to look, my expectation, my savings, my love for her color scheme [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/252665923293544448/664628019788251146/57896792_350.png[/img] And now she looks like... [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/252665923293544448/664628083147538454/57896792_350_1.png[/img]
Aight. I get if the metallic was missing crap but yeah. Saving up to gene a banescale and then it looks totally different like- ??????? I'm really upset cause the perfect color combo I wanted AND GOT is now totally different and I'm really, really bummed about that. The amount of gems- I'm really upset over the sudden change lmao

This is how I got her to look, my expectation, my savings, my love for her color scheme
57896792_350.png

And now she looks like...
57896792_350_1.png
the genes are expensive :/
the genes are expensive :/
XDRtGHs.png
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 59 60