Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Fans & Underbelly
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 59 60
I just noticed the part about Metallic and Alloy. I'm so glad! There aren't very many workable genes for banescale and i was so disappointed that alloy and metallic didn't look as nice as they did on the regular breeds. They'll definitely get more use from me now. :)
I just noticed the part about Metallic and Alloy. I'm so glad! There aren't very many workable genes for banescale and i was so disappointed that alloy and metallic didn't look as nice as they did on the regular breeds. They'll definitely get more use from me now. :)
Sp68xlZ.png6WQdIvy.gif
[quote name="houseteeth" date="2020-01-07 15:35:28" ] [quote name="Cryogonal" date="2020-01-07 15:32:28" ] [quote name="Hessonite" date="2020-01-07 07:18:08" ] [center]I actually really like Fans on gaolers but multi-gaze is layered weirdly. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=9&tertgene=3&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=9201475fb4263f0c1d89b9b93cb44cac67b77fd5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=3&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=71b9d72cc46bad8c89d4385fb3f54e62f976345e&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [/quote] e....eye fins?????? staff please. stop rushing genes like this. [/quote] all the more reason this was a bad idea lol I should also mention that the Fans along the spine of the female Gaoler are clipping through her wings. [/quote] All line breaking genes clip pretty badly with Multi-gaze (even some on modern breeds do, like FIrefly and Gembond), I wish there was a way to fix it but I think it's just the way layering is coded.
houseteeth wrote on 2020-01-07 15:35:28:
Cryogonal wrote on 2020-01-07 15:32:28:
Hessonite wrote on 2020-01-07 07:18:08:
I actually really like Fans on gaolers but multi-gaze is layered weirdly.

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=9&tertgene=3&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=9201475fb4263f0c1d89b9b93cb44cac67b77fd5&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=3&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=71b9d72cc46bad8c89d4385fb3f54e62f976345e&dummyext=prev.png
e....eye fins??????

staff please. stop rushing genes like this.

all the more reason this was a bad idea lol
I should also mention that the Fans along the spine of the female Gaoler are clipping through her wings.

All line breaking genes clip pretty badly with Multi-gaze (even some on modern breeds do, like FIrefly and Gembond), I wish there was a way to fix it but I think it's just the way layering is coded.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
[quote name="EarthTiger" date="2020-01-07 15:36:04" ] @/hungryhobbits Hehe I mean, technically who knows what evolution would do. Look at the freakin' platypus! But I do think, at the end of the day, dragons (at least FR's version) aren't really reptiles. But I like triple reptile, I'm going to use that! [/quote] Thank you, ily Okay, listen! I know it's a bit "weird" at first to see fans on a creature who is furry but.......hear me out on this......[i]bats[/i]. [i]Otters[/i]. [i]Platypi[/i]. They don't have fans (fins) like fish which are translucent or semi-translucent, and protrusions of the spine, or hands or feet. BUT, webbed body parts exist on mammals (marine mammals and even wolves who have been fishing for a long time), they exist on birds too (waterfowl and their webbed toes and Yi qi which is a prehistoric bird) and furry reptiles (Pterosauria). If you have a problem with fish-like fans on Gaoler, make it look like leather or soft skin in your lore instead. Please just give the Staff some slack, they don't deserve this sort of treatment. I have so much trouble with magic and nonsensical lore aspects but I just ignore them and make my own, it's really not that hard. [img]https://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/this-is-what-webbed-feet-are-for-graham-palmer.jpg[/img] [img]https://johnconway.co/images/medium/yi-qi.jpeg[/img] [right][i]art by John Conway[/i][/right] [img]https://i.imgur.com/JqW09BH.jpg[/img] [right][i]art by SaintNevermore[/i][/right]
EarthTiger wrote on 2020-01-07 15:36:04:
@/hungryhobbits Hehe I mean, technically who knows what evolution would do. Look at the freakin' platypus! But I do think, at the end of the day, dragons (at least FR's version) aren't really reptiles.

But I like triple reptile, I'm going to use that!

Thank you, ily

Okay, listen! I know it's a bit "weird" at first to see fans on a creature who is furry but.......hear me out on this......bats. Otters. Platypi.

They don't have fans (fins) like fish which are translucent or semi-translucent, and protrusions of the spine, or hands or feet. BUT, webbed body parts exist on mammals (marine mammals and even wolves who have been fishing for a long time), they exist on birds too (waterfowl and their webbed toes and Yi qi which is a prehistoric bird) and furry reptiles (Pterosauria). If you have a problem with fish-like fans on Gaoler, make it look like leather or soft skin in your lore instead. Please just give the Staff some slack, they don't deserve this sort of treatment. I have so much trouble with magic and nonsensical lore aspects but I just ignore them and make my own, it's really not that hard.

this-is-what-webbed-feet-are-for-graham-palmer.jpg
yi-qi.jpeg
art by John Conway
JqW09BH.jpg
art by SaintNevermore
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Anyway, I actually like fans on Gaos! I've always kind of associated them with underwater mammals, and I have a breeding pair that are based on baleen whales, so I might give one of them fans. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=31&breed=17&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=3&winggene=31&wings=131&auth=a8c84f12e513ca2e9a08d68a7428966ea8fa9e59&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center]
Anyway, I actually like fans on Gaos! I've always kind of associated them with underwater mammals, and I have a breeding pair that are based on baleen whales, so I might give one of them fans.
dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=31&breed=17&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=3&winggene=31&wings=131&auth=a8c84f12e513ca2e9a08d68a7428966ea8fa9e59&dummyext=prev.png
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
I'm not a fan of the fans on the Gaolers. They already have manes and antlers, they really don't need the fans. It looks too busy, plus it's kinda out of place on a fluffy dragon. Plus they're from the The Fortress of Ends, it's the coldest place in the Icefield. Those fans would make them lose heat instead of retaining it like the rest of their fur does and the fans would get easily frostbitten. I can see it looking good with a few dragons depending on how lucky people are with colors, but I don't think it was a smart move to put this specific tert on this dragon.
I'm not a fan of the fans on the Gaolers. They already have manes and antlers, they really don't need the fans. It looks too busy, plus it's kinda out of place on a fluffy dragon. Plus they're from the The Fortress of Ends, it's the coldest place in the Icefield. Those fans would make them lose heat instead of retaining it like the rest of their fur does and the fans would get easily frostbitten. I can see it looking good with a few dragons depending on how lucky people are with colors, but I don't think it was a smart move to put this specific tert on this dragon.
~Turquosium~
Please add blossoms to banescales [emoji=heart size=1]
Please add blossoms to banescales
56725830.png
~ Look who's there!
29990397.png
~ Aha it's the Snakehead!
51916770.png
~ Fancy a fight?
I kinda like the Fans on Gaolers. It's a little odd looking, but with some colours it could look nice. And more options is always a good, especially with the unique line-breaking terts of the Ancient Breeds.

Definitely happy about Underbelly for the Banescales. It's one of my most commonly wanted terts on dragons, I was sad when it was initially missing.
I kinda like the Fans on Gaolers. It's a little odd looking, but with some colours it could look nice. And more options is always a good, especially with the unique line-breaking terts of the Ancient Breeds.

Definitely happy about Underbelly for the Banescales. It's one of my most commonly wanted terts on dragons, I was sad when it was initially missing.
I'm totally fine with ancient breeds in the long run sharing some genes, but giving Fans to Gaolers was the wrong move.

Now, I'm by no means trying to dish more anger/hate/ect towards staff for this choice, because they're always going above and beyond with practically everything else... But I do agree with dozens upon dozens of people that have commented before me over this announcement.

As many have stated already:

—Lore wise, it makes absolutely no sense for Gaolers to be given Fans.

—Location wise, it also makes no sense because it'd be far too cold + they already are literally a mountain of fur

—It makes Gaolers incredibly cluttered

—Clearly the gene itself was rushed, due to several glitching problems (female wings, multigaze clipping, ect)

But what bothers me the most, is if you look at the male Gaoler with fans, it seems to be coming out from the mane along it's back... However, on the female the mane is simply hidden behind the fans— therefore, it physically makes no sense because essentially... the fans are coming out on one side of the mane?

Please, if you're going to add a gene like this to Gaolers of all things, the back mane needs to be removed when fans are applied, or the gene itself needs to go or be replaced with a new Gaoler only tert.
I'm totally fine with ancient breeds in the long run sharing some genes, but giving Fans to Gaolers was the wrong move.

Now, I'm by no means trying to dish more anger/hate/ect towards staff for this choice, because they're always going above and beyond with practically everything else... But I do agree with dozens upon dozens of people that have commented before me over this announcement.

As many have stated already:

—Lore wise, it makes absolutely no sense for Gaolers to be given Fans.

—Location wise, it also makes no sense because it'd be far too cold + they already are literally a mountain of fur

—It makes Gaolers incredibly cluttered

—Clearly the gene itself was rushed, due to several glitching problems (female wings, multigaze clipping, ect)

But what bothers me the most, is if you look at the male Gaoler with fans, it seems to be coming out from the mane along it's back... However, on the female the mane is simply hidden behind the fans— therefore, it physically makes no sense because essentially... the fans are coming out on one side of the mane?

Please, if you're going to add a gene like this to Gaolers of all things, the back mane needs to be removed when fans are applied, or the gene itself needs to go or be replaced with a new Gaoler only tert.
44151131_pGuFdffB2yDQ4rE.png
Ooh! It is a bit odd however.
I do feel like these issues should be avoided altogether though, with more care when designing genes. The playerbase won’t get annoyed, and there won’t be unexpected changes to colors which “ruin” dragons
Overall this doesn’t affect me much (I didn’t even notice any of the mistakes) though I can see why others are angry
I wonder whether genes will be flip-flopped with other ancients though? The idea of breed-exclusive genes was rather appealing, and I don’t mind unless pre-existing genes get released with a new breed. Then I’ll get annoyed because one of the best things about a new ancient is finding out what genes are available
Ooh! It is a bit odd however.
I do feel like these issues should be avoided altogether though, with more care when designing genes. The playerbase won’t get annoyed, and there won’t be unexpected changes to colors which “ruin” dragons
Overall this doesn’t affect me much (I didn’t even notice any of the mistakes) though I can see why others are angry
I wonder whether genes will be flip-flopped with other ancients though? The idea of breed-exclusive genes was rather appealing, and I don’t mind unless pre-existing genes get released with a new breed. Then I’ll get annoyed because one of the best things about a new ancient is finding out what genes are available
[quote name="TehuMertt" date="2020-01-07 19:23:09" ] [quote name="EarthTiger" date="2020-01-07 15:36:04" ] @/hungryhobbits Hehe I mean, technically who knows what evolution would do. Look at the freakin' platypus! But I do think, at the end of the day, dragons (at least FR's version) aren't really reptiles. But I like triple reptile, I'm going to use that! [/quote] Thank you, ily Okay, listen! I know it's a bit "weird" at first to see fans on a creature who is furry but.......hear me out on this......[i]bats[/i]. [i]Otters[/i]. [i]Platypi[/i]. They don't have fans (fins) like fish which are translucent or semi-translucent, and protrusions of the spine, or hands or feet. BUT, webbed body parts exist on mammals (marine mammals and even wolves who have been fishing for a long time), they exist on birds too (waterfowl and their webbed toes and Yi qi which is a prehistoric bird) and furry reptiles (Pterosauria). If you have a problem with fish-like fans on Gaoler, make it look like leather or soft skin in your lore instead. Please just give the Staff some slack, they don't deserve this sort of treatment. I have so much trouble with magic and nonsensical lore aspects but I just ignore them and make my own, it's really not that hard. [img]https://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/this-is-what-webbed-feet-are-for-graham-palmer.jpg[/img] [img]https://johnconway.co/images/medium/yi-qi.jpeg[/img] [right][i]art by John Conway[/i][/right] [img]http://d.facdn.net/art/saintnevermore/1467929463/1467929463.saintnevermore_nyctosaurus_gracilis.png[/img] [right][i]art by SaintNevermore[/i][/right] [/quote] if we wanna get into evolution these aren't the creatures to cite, as both come from temperate to tropical environments.... we have yet to see an arctic species like those you listed so. again. unrealistic. but overall it should belong to the Banes. end thesis.
TehuMertt wrote on 2020-01-07 19:23:09:
EarthTiger wrote on 2020-01-07 15:36:04:
@/hungryhobbits Hehe I mean, technically who knows what evolution would do. Look at the freakin' platypus! But I do think, at the end of the day, dragons (at least FR's version) aren't really reptiles.

But I like triple reptile, I'm going to use that!

Thank you, ily

Okay, listen! I know it's a bit "weird" at first to see fans on a creature who is furry but.......hear me out on this......bats. Otters. Platypi.

They don't have fans (fins) like fish which are translucent or semi-translucent, and protrusions of the spine, or hands or feet. BUT, webbed body parts exist on mammals (marine mammals and even wolves who have been fishing for a long time), they exist on birds too (waterfowl and their webbed toes and Yi qi which is a prehistoric bird) and furry reptiles (Pterosauria). If you have a problem with fish-like fans on Gaoler, make it look like leather or soft skin in your lore instead. Please just give the Staff some slack, they don't deserve this sort of treatment. I have so much trouble with magic and nonsensical lore aspects but I just ignore them and make my own, it's really not that hard.

this-is-what-webbed-feet-are-for-graham-palmer.jpg
yi-qi.jpeg
art by John Conway
1467929463.saintnevermore_nyctosaurus_gracilis.png
art by SaintNevermore

if we wanna get into evolution these aren't the creatures to cite, as both come from temperate to tropical environments.... we have yet to see an arctic species like those you listed so. again. unrealistic.

but overall it should belong to the Banes. end thesis.
RfsQVuR.jpg animalism#228827
any pronouns
fr + 2