Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Can we all agree to ignore
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
People who post on those threads should be punished too. Something like someone saying “Don’t do this” or “I reported this” get a light message explaining that, while they had good intentions, were just fueling the front page fire; I imagine they wouldn’t be punished directly unless it was a repeat offense. Meanwhile those encouraging it would get a harsher message or maybe a small mute for like an hour. That’s just my idea though; it discourages people from posting on these threads, and reminds those with good motives but poor execution how to properly deal with spam.
People who post on those threads should be punished too. Something like someone saying “Don’t do this” or “I reported this” get a light message explaining that, while they had good intentions, were just fueling the front page fire; I imagine they wouldn’t be punished directly unless it was a repeat offense. Meanwhile those encouraging it would get a harsher message or maybe a small mute for like an hour. That’s just my idea though; it discourages people from posting on these threads, and reminds those with good motives but poor execution how to properly deal with spam.
Yeah, I kinda wish people would stop giving attention to them, it'll only encourage new people to wanna bask in their fifteen minutes of fame as the bizarre showpony of the day, and I'm so tired of running into nonsense threads.
Yeah, I kinda wish people would stop giving attention to them, it'll only encourage new people to wanna bask in their fifteen minutes of fame as the bizarre showpony of the day, and I'm so tired of running into nonsense threads.
Yup yup it's quite annoying when loads of people reply to spam threads and bump them up instead of just ignoring them.
It's weird when they glorify spammers and trolls too.
Yup yup it's quite annoying when loads of people reply to spam threads and bump them up instead of just ignoring them.
It's weird when they glorify spammers and trolls too.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
As far as I understand, it's in the Code of Conduct that posting "I've reported you" is considered harrassment (https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005879886-Harassment) and I believe that applies to telling a spammer you've reported them. So not only is it not helpful, it's against the rules.

Just report and move on and let the mods or admins handle the situation.
I know it's difficult when there are SO many spam threads... *sigh*
As far as I understand, it's in the Code of Conduct that posting "I've reported you" is considered harrassment (https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005879886-Harassment) and I believe that applies to telling a spammer you've reported them. So not only is it not helpful, it's against the rules.

Just report and move on and let the mods or admins handle the situation.
I know it's difficult when there are SO many spam threads... *sigh*
Poinsettia-Badge.png JdFxwc2.png
dEe2UrM.png
FObX7rS.png
WAWs3m5.png
5hF3FGk.png
Ds8dRm5.png Poinsettia-Badge.png
[quote name="FourLeaf" date="2019-12-20 18:20:14" ] Tbh I feel like there should be one single thread somewhere dedicated to spamming, so that people can spam without cluttering up entire forums. [/quote] A forum I used years ago had threads like this over the years, it was a pointless faliure. Users would still necro, make spam threads, purposely off-topic posts and all the while still using the "Spam thread." When people post spam there's another motive to it than just typing keysmash out of sight and out of mind, if anything a thread dedicated to spam encourages users to spam more. It didn't take long for "Dedicated spam threads" to become lock-on-sight for moderators.
FourLeaf wrote on 2019-12-20 18:20:14:
Tbh I feel like there should be one single thread somewhere dedicated to spamming, so that people can spam without cluttering up entire forums.
A forum I used years ago had threads like this over the years, it was a pointless faliure. Users would still necro, make spam threads, purposely off-topic posts and all the while still using the "Spam thread."
When people post spam there's another motive to it than just typing keysmash out of sight and out of mind, if anything a thread dedicated to spam encourages users to spam more.
It didn't take long for "Dedicated spam threads" to become lock-on-sight for moderators.
sometimes it is just hard not to post (I am def guilty lol), and sadly... it seems like many don't know it is troll. and people like some tea.

what gets ehhh is people posting IT IS TROLL or THIS IS BAIT over and over and over again. it is just keeping thread alive. like yeah it brings attention to what is really going on but usually first page has IT IS TROLL. there is no need for 10 more of such, it could be just easily reported instead
sometimes it is just hard not to post (I am def guilty lol), and sadly... it seems like many don't know it is troll. and people like some tea.

what gets ehhh is people posting IT IS TROLL or THIS IS BAIT over and over and over again. it is just keeping thread alive. like yeah it brings attention to what is really going on but usually first page has IT IS TROLL. there is no need for 10 more of such, it could be just easily reported instead
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
also there's someone going around doing serious necro's, posting spams in dragon share, etc

please check the date of the op's post before you comment, especially if the thread has a lot of replies and it's the first time you've seen it around.
also there's someone going around doing serious necro's, posting spams in dragon share, etc

please check the date of the op's post before you comment, especially if the thread has a lot of replies and it's the first time you've seen it around.
I haven't seen any troll posts recently. I'm blessed. I'm sure it happens, yeah, but I'm happy I don't see them
I haven't seen any troll posts recently. I'm blessed. I'm sure it happens, yeah, but I'm happy I don't see them

something happened but i dont know what but i really want to know
something happened but i dont know what but i really want to know
ttGfSL1.png
Maybe I don't browse FRD as much as I ought to, but I feel like I've missed out on some major development. I'm with banii on this one, ha ha!!
Maybe I don't browse FRD as much as I ought to, but I feel like I've missed out on some major development. I'm with banii on this one, ha ha!!
w7Z8MA5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10