Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | eggs
1 2 3 4
Honestly, I've always cracked my eggs on the edge of the bowl/ pan to break them but I recently saw someone doing it [i]directly above the pan with a fork/knife[/i] and I'm seriously considering changing to that method. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Honestly, I've always cracked my eggs on the edge of the bowl/ pan to break them but I recently saw someone doing it directly above the pan with a fork/knife and I'm seriously considering changing to that method.
tDAcVLz.png
if the egg is raw i use a knife. if it's boiled i use my head
if the egg is raw i use a knife. if it's boiled i use my head
nN0tSiK.png7PSccRO.pngsIB6VNJ.pngG1JDeXL.png
i don't like eggs.. :T
i don't like eggs.. :T
DtBIuzC.png
okay i don’t even like most eggs so i shouldn’t be here but i am very oddly interested in this forum. i swear to god the only way i’ll eat an egg anymore is if i cut a hole in the middle of a slice of bread, throw it on the stove, put the egg in the hole with some Red Robin seasoning because i like salt way too much for it to be good for me at this point, and once it’s fried on both sides i smother ONLY the egg whites in ketchup. if i can taste the egg whites and not the bread with ketchup, i will not eat it. i absolutely love the yolk though, like. if the ketchup touched the yolk i will get grossed out. i also will not eat the yolk if it is soft/hard boiled, because i love the taste of runny yolk with toasted bread. but a lot of my friends don’t like the yolk, and they only like the whites, which i cannot understand, although, i used to eat eggs literally daily. am i okay??? does anyone else feel me??
okay i don’t even like most eggs so i shouldn’t be here but i am very oddly interested in this forum. i swear to god the only way i’ll eat an egg anymore is if i cut a hole in the middle of a slice of bread, throw it on the stove, put the egg in the hole with some Red Robin seasoning because i like salt way too much for it to be good for me at this point, and once it’s fried on both sides i smother ONLY the egg whites in ketchup. if i can taste the egg whites and not the bread with ketchup, i will not eat it. i absolutely love the yolk though, like. if the ketchup touched the yolk i will get grossed out. i also will not eat the yolk if it is soft/hard boiled, because i love the taste of runny yolk with toasted bread. but a lot of my friends don’t like the yolk, and they only like the whites, which i cannot understand, although, i used to eat eggs literally daily. am i okay??? does anyone else feel me??
I tap the egg on the side of the pan/bowl just enough to crack it, then use my thumb nails to split it open, namely because every other way I do it ends up with either shell in the egg or a broken yolk. Bit weird, but eh, works for me.

When it comes to actually COOKING the egg, I am really picky. My favourite way is fried, but I cannot stand the white being even slightly soft, so more often than not I used to end up overcooking them. Though recently I've started a new way and so far so good - completely cooked white and still (mostly) runny yolk! Delicious on toast or just buttered bread, even better on top of sausages.

I also LOVE omelettes, especially loaded with cheese. Sometimes I will add not dog, sometimes ham, sometimes chicken, but honestly nothing beats a cheese omelette with just a drizzle of tomato sauce and some buttery bread.

Boiled and poached eggs are a no-go for me, unless they are completely overcooked. Even the slightest bit of soft white and nope. But hardboiled eggs in a salad or mixed with salad cream for a sandwich? Yum!

As for scrambled eggs...not gonna lie, I commit a cooking heresy when I do scrambled eggs. I do them in the microwave. Yes, I know, that's gross and all that, but it's the way I was taught to do them, and never really been able to try any other way. That said...after watching so many cooking shows, I really want to try making them in a pan.
I tap the egg on the side of the pan/bowl just enough to crack it, then use my thumb nails to split it open, namely because every other way I do it ends up with either shell in the egg or a broken yolk. Bit weird, but eh, works for me.

When it comes to actually COOKING the egg, I am really picky. My favourite way is fried, but I cannot stand the white being even slightly soft, so more often than not I used to end up overcooking them. Though recently I've started a new way and so far so good - completely cooked white and still (mostly) runny yolk! Delicious on toast or just buttered bread, even better on top of sausages.

I also LOVE omelettes, especially loaded with cheese. Sometimes I will add not dog, sometimes ham, sometimes chicken, but honestly nothing beats a cheese omelette with just a drizzle of tomato sauce and some buttery bread.

Boiled and poached eggs are a no-go for me, unless they are completely overcooked. Even the slightest bit of soft white and nope. But hardboiled eggs in a salad or mixed with salad cream for a sandwich? Yum!

As for scrambled eggs...not gonna lie, I commit a cooking heresy when I do scrambled eggs. I do them in the microwave. Yes, I know, that's gross and all that, but it's the way I was taught to do them, and never really been able to try any other way. That said...after watching so many cooking shows, I really want to try making them in a pan.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
I'm getting a degree in poultry and we specialize in laying hens. Eggs are super cool lol

Always crack your eggs on a flat surface! Cracking on the side of a bowl or pan can cause pieces of shell to end up in the albumen or you run the risk of breaking the yolk.
I've had to crack hundreds, maybe thousands, of eggs as part of the routine data we collect during hen nutritional studies, and if you break the yolk or the membrane around the thick albumen then you've just messed up that egg and can't use that datapoint.

I mostly use eggs for breading chicken before pan frying, and of course for baking desserts!

I make scrambled eggs by melting a bit of butter in the pan, then cracking the eggs directly into the pan. I let the albumen cook a bit before mixing them up. Then salt and a little pepper go on after they are done.
Or I separate the eggs and just make scrambled egg whites! Pure protein, super easy.

Viennas? Like the little canned sausages? I've never even had them. The most I ever put with scrambled eggs is a little bit of cheese, but I usually eat them plain.

I like fried eggs! Flipping is easy if you have a big enough spatula. Also tilt the pan a bit when you flip and it won't go everywhere. I've heard you can also avoid flipping entirely by covering the pan and cooking on lower heat, but I personally want my yolk cooked all the way through so that method wouldn't work for me.

Boiled eggs are okay, haven't had one in years though.
I'm getting a degree in poultry and we specialize in laying hens. Eggs are super cool lol

Always crack your eggs on a flat surface! Cracking on the side of a bowl or pan can cause pieces of shell to end up in the albumen or you run the risk of breaking the yolk.
I've had to crack hundreds, maybe thousands, of eggs as part of the routine data we collect during hen nutritional studies, and if you break the yolk or the membrane around the thick albumen then you've just messed up that egg and can't use that datapoint.

I mostly use eggs for breading chicken before pan frying, and of course for baking desserts!

I make scrambled eggs by melting a bit of butter in the pan, then cracking the eggs directly into the pan. I let the albumen cook a bit before mixing them up. Then salt and a little pepper go on after they are done.
Or I separate the eggs and just make scrambled egg whites! Pure protein, super easy.

Viennas? Like the little canned sausages? I've never even had them. The most I ever put with scrambled eggs is a little bit of cheese, but I usually eat them plain.

I like fried eggs! Flipping is easy if you have a big enough spatula. Also tilt the pan a bit when you flip and it won't go everywhere. I've heard you can also avoid flipping entirely by covering the pan and cooking on lower heat, but I personally want my yolk cooked all the way through so that method wouldn't work for me.

Boiled eggs are okay, haven't had one in years though.
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
People say that the yolk is the best part of the egg but in my opinion, it is the opposite. I actually dislike the yolk in eggs and prefer the whites. The whites taste a lot better than the yolk in my opinion.
People say that the yolk is the best part of the egg but in my opinion, it is the opposite. I actually dislike the yolk in eggs and prefer the whites. The whites taste a lot better than the yolk in my opinion.
Hey yall I'm back!
I refer to bouncy eggs as googie eggs.
The eggs that still have their shape are known as Googie eggs in my family.
I refer to bouncy eggs as googie eggs.
The eggs that still have their shape are known as Googie eggs in my family.
oie-1215237v1-YVUAUp-1.gif
I like fried eggs with cheese, and its not weird to put it on not-omlette eggs, it's just a topping. The yolk MUST be opaque yellow otherwise the texture is just weird to me... scrambled eggs are good too, and deviled eggs are good for parties. the way I scramble eggs is just to crack an egg into the pan and mix it around, i don't blend it oh and I crack the egg on the side of a bowl, which is probably pretty normal... using butter on the pan tastes better than oil to me (butter is my life dudes! on toast, tortilla...) welp, I think eggs are pretty good in certain ways, (I'm very picky about how they are made lol) and are quick to make and good for breakfast. EDIT: [quote name="EarlyGrey" date="2019-11-25 02:11:37" ] [i]directly above the pan with a fork/knife[/i] and I'm seriously considering changing to that method. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [/quote] I saw people do this but... it looked like a way to just crack more of the shell and into the egg... eeuuughh crunchy
I like fried eggs with cheese, and its not weird to put it on not-omlette eggs, it's just a topping. The yolk MUST be opaque yellow otherwise the texture is just weird to me... scrambled eggs are good too, and deviled eggs are good for parties.

the way I scramble eggs is just to crack an egg into the pan and mix it around, i don't blend it

oh and I crack the egg on the side of a bowl, which is probably pretty normal... using butter on the pan tastes better than oil to me (butter is my life dudes! on toast, tortilla...)

welp, I think eggs are pretty good in certain ways, (I'm very picky about how they are made lol) and are quick to make and good for breakfast.

EDIT:
EarlyGrey wrote on 2019-11-25 02:11:37:
directly above the pan with a fork/knife and I'm seriously considering changing to that method.
I saw people do this but... it looked like a way to just crack more of the shell and into the egg... eeuuughh crunchy

0HBKL8H.pngBt9KLea.png
FObX7rS.pngeTTRxv6.png
9gQbEv9.pngoaolHwW.png
wthFnM3.pngzE3edrX.png
eggs are good
scrombled, boiled and omelette are my favourites but i cant stand fried egg
eggs are good
scrombled, boiled and omelette are my favourites but i cant stand fried egg
ePOliyb.png
FObX7rS.png
Z0dFFal.png
AhAOq4S.gif