Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Spyro Reignited Trilogy: COMPLETE
1 2 3 4
@Nytmair
No worries! You can ask me about anything, I don't mind.

Sparx's extra hit comes from the "Starfish Reef", which is the Sparx Level for the third homeworld, Evening Lake. So it's pretty far in, but trust me, you want it.

As for the Treasure Sense, what it does is that it makes Sparx point towards any gems in the level you've missed (and he'll point you towards portals, too). I'm not sure what you're playing it on, but on the Switch, you click the movement stick and he'll turn to point.
@Nytmair
No worries! You can ask me about anything, I don't mind.

Sparx's extra hit comes from the "Starfish Reef", which is the Sparx Level for the third homeworld, Evening Lake. So it's pretty far in, but trust me, you want it.

As for the Treasure Sense, what it does is that it makes Sparx point towards any gems in the level you've missed (and he'll point you towards portals, too). I'm not sure what you're playing it on, but on the Switch, you click the movement stick and he'll turn to point.
@BrokenButterfly

That's the Homeworld I'm in right now! I will look for it!
Yes, I'm playing it on the Switch! Okay, that's pretty easy, I'll try that next time I play, because that would be SUPER helpful when I'm going back in and trying to find all the gems.
@BrokenButterfly

That's the Homeworld I'm in right now! I will look for it!
Yes, I'm playing it on the Switch! Okay, that's pretty easy, I'll try that next time I play, because that would be SUPER helpful when I'm going back in and trying to find all the gems.
tumblr_inline_nbax4xlrxv1qg78ij.png
@Nytmair
Remember, you have to beat the boss first! So you need to get to the next (and final) Homeworld, and then come back.
@Nytmair
Remember, you have to beat the boss first! So you need to get to the next (and final) Homeworld, and then come back.
Congratulations! I'm currently on Tree Tops right now... *shakes hands at the Red Thief new the portal* You aren't getting away from me! I love all of the Spyro games, whether original, Legend, or Skylanders. I hope your Spyro adventures continue and you have fun!
Congratulations! I'm currently on Tree Tops right now... *shakes hands at the Red Thief new the portal* You aren't getting away from me! I love all of the Spyro games, whether original, Legend, or Skylanders. I hope your Spyro adventures continue and you have fun!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Oooh! Congrats! I'm still working on Spyro 3 but 1 and 2 are fully completed. Also on Switch, and loving it so far.
I also had issues with Gulp, it took me 3 days to finally beat him >n< And the Skateboarding actually feels better here than on the PS1. I do have to say that it feels like the Glide in Spyro 1 was altered in some way, or the worlds were altered slightly as several glides I could do easily in the PS1 were insanely difficult in the Switch. For example, the glide to the thief in Town Square took a hour to get to, then a good 2-3 hours to get the thief because it was difficult to glide back to it. I managed to get him by flaming while he was jumping back up to the ledge. And don't get me started on Tree Tops..
Believe it or not, but Tree Tops is my favorite level on the PS1- I can do it without dying and have done the 1 Ramp Jump at least twice (yes, when I try that I do die if I fail, but if I go as you 'should' I don't die at all in this level) BUT when I did it in the Reiginited version, I got 2-3 game overs trying the proper way and had to use the 99 lives code. (and by the end of it all, from Tree Tops onwards I ended up with ~50 lives out of 99, if that gives you any idea how difficult parts of the game became.)

I'm sad that Spyro 3 got rushed, just like the PS1 original version- it's great, but I have encountered bizarre bugs (such as getting stuck in a bit of coral in Lost Fleet and needing to exit the level and return to fix it) and I can only imagine how unique the babies could have been, with Spyro 1's dragons in mind. (especially how some dragons were already unique, and lost the uniqueness, like Ba'ah who was supposed to be a male dressed as a sheep but ended up being a t-posing girl with a pink bow) At least it didn't become as bad as Enter the Dragonfly

I'm surprised, and very glad, that cheat codes returned- and that they even made new ones (including 2?? that are still unknown!) I've used the 99 lives, the PS1 style, and now am sporting the Pride Glasses (Switch exclusive).

I hope Spyro (and Crash Bandicoot) get a new, amazing era of games thanks to these revivals, I missed my purple dragon and my orange marsupial :'3
Oooh! Congrats! I'm still working on Spyro 3 but 1 and 2 are fully completed. Also on Switch, and loving it so far.
I also had issues with Gulp, it took me 3 days to finally beat him >n< And the Skateboarding actually feels better here than on the PS1. I do have to say that it feels like the Glide in Spyro 1 was altered in some way, or the worlds were altered slightly as several glides I could do easily in the PS1 were insanely difficult in the Switch. For example, the glide to the thief in Town Square took a hour to get to, then a good 2-3 hours to get the thief because it was difficult to glide back to it. I managed to get him by flaming while he was jumping back up to the ledge. And don't get me started on Tree Tops..
Believe it or not, but Tree Tops is my favorite level on the PS1- I can do it without dying and have done the 1 Ramp Jump at least twice (yes, when I try that I do die if I fail, but if I go as you 'should' I don't die at all in this level) BUT when I did it in the Reiginited version, I got 2-3 game overs trying the proper way and had to use the 99 lives code. (and by the end of it all, from Tree Tops onwards I ended up with ~50 lives out of 99, if that gives you any idea how difficult parts of the game became.)

I'm sad that Spyro 3 got rushed, just like the PS1 original version- it's great, but I have encountered bizarre bugs (such as getting stuck in a bit of coral in Lost Fleet and needing to exit the level and return to fix it) and I can only imagine how unique the babies could have been, with Spyro 1's dragons in mind. (especially how some dragons were already unique, and lost the uniqueness, like Ba'ah who was supposed to be a male dressed as a sheep but ended up being a t-posing girl with a pink bow) At least it didn't become as bad as Enter the Dragonfly

I'm surprised, and very glad, that cheat codes returned- and that they even made new ones (including 2?? that are still unknown!) I've used the 99 lives, the PS1 style, and now am sporting the Pride Glasses (Switch exclusive).

I hope Spyro (and Crash Bandicoot) get a new, amazing era of games thanks to these revivals, I missed my purple dragon and my orange marsupial :'3
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
@Requacy
*dragon pompoms* Get the thief! GET HIM! Thank you~. I hope yours continue greatly too!

@Shadria
From what I can see, they definitely made the glides tighter as a whole, so that's not just you. They also messed with the hover, which really irritated me -- Spyro has to be in the air for a second before it'll let him hover, otherwise you drop straight down (Why? What was the point of that? Why was that necessary?).

I was actually lucky enough that I never gameovered, though I think that was just because the Spyro games are my type of thing. I'm really good at 3D platformers like that. >> I played them soooo many times in my youth that it's the game type I'm most skilled at, I think.

Oh god yeah. I honestly hated the baby dragons in 3. I thought they were as a whole much uglier, and they were so boring looking. I don't think they needed to be born with items or anything, but... why make them so awful looking? How is BLOCKY PIXELS cuter than what you did? And I got REALLY MAD at the final egg in the game too. They had a chance to fix a bad thing, and just... didn't.

Though hilariously, I found the very final fight in Spyro 3 a cakewalk. It was just made soooo much easier.

I actually didn't know there were cheat codes at all! :O I should look them up. I would've had those Pride Glasses on the whole damn time if I knew they existed. What other codes are there?
@Requacy
*dragon pompoms* Get the thief! GET HIM! Thank you~. I hope yours continue greatly too!

@Shadria
From what I can see, they definitely made the glides tighter as a whole, so that's not just you. They also messed with the hover, which really irritated me -- Spyro has to be in the air for a second before it'll let him hover, otherwise you drop straight down (Why? What was the point of that? Why was that necessary?).

I was actually lucky enough that I never gameovered, though I think that was just because the Spyro games are my type of thing. I'm really good at 3D platformers like that. >> I played them soooo many times in my youth that it's the game type I'm most skilled at, I think.

Oh god yeah. I honestly hated the baby dragons in 3. I thought they were as a whole much uglier, and they were so boring looking. I don't think they needed to be born with items or anything, but... why make them so awful looking? How is BLOCKY PIXELS cuter than what you did? And I got REALLY MAD at the final egg in the game too. They had a chance to fix a bad thing, and just... didn't.

Though hilariously, I found the very final fight in Spyro 3 a cakewalk. It was just made soooo much easier.

I actually didn't know there were cheat codes at all! :O I should look them up. I would've had those Pride Glasses on the whole damn time if I knew they existed. What other codes are there?
@BrokenButterfly
99 Lives (does exactly that, does work in 2 or 3 but it originated from the original game on PS1)
PS1 skin (gives the Reignited model a polygonal skin similar to a PS1 model, NOT the original model. There's a PC mod that does that though)
Big Head (Spyro's head is 2-3 times bigger)
Small Head (Spyro's head is the size of Sparx)
Small Wings (Spyro's wings are the size of Sparx)
Color Change (Spyro can change to various colors- Blue, Green, Red, Yellow, Black, Pink, and Purple)
Squid Skateboard (Spyro 3 only)
Flat Spyro (Spyro becomes paper thin and almost 2D)
Pride Glasses (Spyro gets rainbow sunglasses, Switch only)
Sunglasses (Spyro gets the sunglasses he wears at the end of Spyro 1, 120%)
There's also a Super Flame toggle for Spyro 2 after 100% (different from the permanent Super Flame- this lets you turn it on or off) PLUS Super Flame follows the save file just like the original

There are two still unknown, but found in the PC version's code. One is supposed to give Spyro a 'Grey-Scale' skin (possibly close to, if not actually the Dark Spyro skin from Crash Team Racing) and a 'Vintage Green', in reference to Spyro's original green concept before becoming purple (no idea how that would look as Spyro never had any green colored concepts (that looked like Spyro), but many suspect he'd be green and yellow)

Also there's a few easter eggs that I've seen and love, such as Cynder in the credits!! Please bring my red and black dragon back ;w;
@BrokenButterfly
99 Lives (does exactly that, does work in 2 or 3 but it originated from the original game on PS1)
PS1 skin (gives the Reignited model a polygonal skin similar to a PS1 model, NOT the original model. There's a PC mod that does that though)
Big Head (Spyro's head is 2-3 times bigger)
Small Head (Spyro's head is the size of Sparx)
Small Wings (Spyro's wings are the size of Sparx)
Color Change (Spyro can change to various colors- Blue, Green, Red, Yellow, Black, Pink, and Purple)
Squid Skateboard (Spyro 3 only)
Flat Spyro (Spyro becomes paper thin and almost 2D)
Pride Glasses (Spyro gets rainbow sunglasses, Switch only)
Sunglasses (Spyro gets the sunglasses he wears at the end of Spyro 1, 120%)
There's also a Super Flame toggle for Spyro 2 after 100% (different from the permanent Super Flame- this lets you turn it on or off) PLUS Super Flame follows the save file just like the original

There are two still unknown, but found in the PC version's code. One is supposed to give Spyro a 'Grey-Scale' skin (possibly close to, if not actually the Dark Spyro skin from Crash Team Racing) and a 'Vintage Green', in reference to Spyro's original green concept before becoming purple (no idea how that would look as Spyro never had any green colored concepts (that looked like Spyro), but many suspect he'd be green and yellow)

Also there's a few easter eggs that I've seen and love, such as Cynder in the credits!! Please bring my red and black dragon back ;w;
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
@Shadria
Huh, those are neat! The Pride Glasses, man... if I can ever record my Switch, gonna have to do the Reignited LP on that so I can put those on and never take them off. >>
@Shadria
Huh, those are neat! The Pride Glasses, man... if I can ever record my Switch, gonna have to do the Reignited LP on that so I can put those on and never take them off. >>
@BrokenButterfly
Hey, congrats! I haven't played any of the Spyro games yet, but I've been wanting to play the Reignited Trilogy ever since it came out. Still, getting 100% all three games must have taken some serious effort. Good job!
@BrokenButterfly
Hey, congrats! I haven't played any of the Spyro games yet, but I've been wanting to play the Reignited Trilogy ever since it came out. Still, getting 100% all three games must have taken some serious effort. Good job!
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
@wetdog15
Oh, you have no idea, ahah. Spyro 3 was the worst because it has some sections that are still unfun, but man, it was worth it. I don't regret it for a second.
@wetdog15
Oh, you have no idea, ahah. Spyro 3 was the worst because it has some sections that are still unfun, but man, it was worth it. I don't regret it for a second.
1 2 3 4