Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Hey i learned a thing about sirens
S O
APPARENTLY SIRENS AREN'T JUST FISH PEOPLE THAT SING AND DROWN PEOPLE N STUFF
THEY ALSO HAVE BIRD LIKE TRAITS
tHIS OPENS UP MANY IDEAS

They apparently used to be these bird like creatures until people plucked out all their feathers, and then they fell into the sea and well- f i s h sirens

S O
APPARENTLY SIRENS AREN'T JUST FISH PEOPLE THAT SING AND DROWN PEOPLE N STUFF
THEY ALSO HAVE BIRD LIKE TRAITS
tHIS OPENS UP MANY IDEAS

They apparently used to be these bird like creatures until people plucked out all their feathers, and then they fell into the sea and well- f i s h sirens

pixel_marigold.png
Huh, neat! That reminds me of the sirens in The Witcher 3, they're not super bird like in appearance but they do have wings/talons and are capable of flight. They also act kind of like seagulls imo, they're raucous, loud, annoying, and they swoop at you constantly.
Huh, neat! That reminds me of the sirens in The Witcher 3, they're not super bird like in appearance but they do have wings/talons and are capable of flight. They also act kind of like seagulls imo, they're raucous, loud, annoying, and they swoop at you constantly.
td9UiZS.png
Have you seen the sirens from Restaurant to Another World? They've got bird feet and wings.
Have you seen the sirens from Restaurant to Another World? They've got bird feet and wings.
SCARY
SCARY
l\__/l
{='.'=} This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your
(“)_(”) signature to help Kitty gain world domination.
Sirens were always bird people, I dunno what happened, but sailor lore got them conflated with mermaids and now the two terms are basically interchangeable.

Fun fact: Male Sirens used to exist in folklore, but phased out around the 5th century BCE.
Sirens were always bird people, I dunno what happened, but sailor lore got them conflated with mermaids and now the two terms are basically interchangeable.

Fun fact: Male Sirens used to exist in folklore, but phased out around the 5th century BCE.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
i want a half siren half harpy. Now
i want a half siren half harpy. Now

hazel
they/them
arcane

sirens were originally bird people! part of the mythology was their singing was so beautiful because it was like a bird's. they perched on rocky outcroppings and sang, and some sirens were more human-shaped and played instruments like lyres and pipes.

eventually the mythology got mixed up with mermaids, which were also claimed to lure sailors to their deaths in the sea.

also fun fact, there's archaeological evidence of dude sirens in art but at some point they just completely disappear from the record.
sirens were originally bird people! part of the mythology was their singing was so beautiful because it was like a bird's. they perched on rocky outcroppings and sang, and some sirens were more human-shaped and played instruments like lyres and pipes.

eventually the mythology got mixed up with mermaids, which were also claimed to lure sailors to their deaths in the sea.

also fun fact, there's archaeological evidence of dude sirens in art but at some point they just completely disappear from the record.
tumblr_inline_nm5aogxI3C1t2i6sg.giftumblr_inline_nm5amd4Rto1t2i6sg.gif
Sirens are penguin people
Sirens are penguin people