Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Steampunk Refresh
@Lams4Life

Ohhhh, thank you for that information :3
@Lams4Life

Ohhhh, thank you for that information :3
LApYAIi.gif~.: +9FR Time :.~p8qgXPn.gif
I think this update is very cool. The free wing armor looks like kites on my dragons and I like it!
I think this update is very cool. The free wing armor looks like kites on my dragons and I like it!
6NDVAGQ.png
hey I love the look of this redesign! But i noticed, specifically on a Male Coatl, that the pieces don't layer very well now. Here's what I mean: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,423,367,429&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,367,423,429&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,429,367,423&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,367,423,31588&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,423,367,31588&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,31588,423,367&xt=dressing.png[/img] As I said, I love the look of the set, I'd just want to be able to use the pieces together on any dragon
hey I love the look of this redesign! But i noticed, specifically on a Male Coatl, that the pieces don't layer very well now. Here's what I mean:

dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,423,367,429&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,367,423,429&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,429,367,423&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,367,423,31588&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,423,367,31588&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54452085&skin=0&apparel=434,31588,423,367&xt=dressing.png

As I said, I love the look of the set, I'd just want to be able to use the pieces together on any dragon
"I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light"
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo3_500.png
shouldn't the wings be behind the tails? don't know if they were before, but I feel they should now at least.
males:
imp
noc
pc
females: (not as much, but it's there)
mirror
noc
shouldn't the wings be behind the tails? don't know if they were before, but I feel they should now at least.
males:
imp
noc
pc
females: (not as much, but it's there)
mirror
noc
fellefansigadopts1.gifartshopN.png
_
F E L L E F A N
call me Fella
Artist | 25 | +9h | he/she
• Dragonsona
• DeviantArt
• Linktree
• Speedpaints
• Characters______________
my-emblem-sig.png
I really am missing the way the Steampunk Wings lined up opposite with the feathers on the male Coatls. (Maybe on other dragons too, I only own Coatls) It really showed off the Gembond on my dragon Jarvis but now it blocks off a lot of it ;; [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7638321] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/76384/7638321_350.png[/img] [/url]
I really am missing the way the Steampunk Wings lined up opposite with the feathers on the male Coatls. (Maybe on other dragons too, I only own Coatls) It really showed off the Gembond on my dragon Jarvis but now it blocks off a lot of it ;;

7638321_350.png
Neat, but would have been neater as new items released separate
Neat, but would have been neater as new items released separate
WOW TOO COOL!!!!!!
WOW TOO COOL!!!!!!
after 8000 years... this apparel is finally updated. I look forward to finding new and exciting ways to apply this apparel. But I have just one question.. why are the goggles for the copper steampunk set [i]no longer green???[/i] Their item icon still shows them as green, but they appear brown on every dragon! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/366.png[/img] The color of the tail-lamps have also been changed, from the original green to blue, even though the item icon image again has not changed. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/436.png[/img] (also I was really hoping for the release of a blue set.. maybe some day!)
after 8000 years... this apparel is finally updated. I look forward to finding new and exciting ways to apply this apparel.

But I have just one question.. why are the goggles for the copper steampunk set no longer green??? Their item icon still shows them as green, but they appear brown on every dragon!

366.png

The color of the tail-lamps have also been changed, from the original green to blue, even though the item icon image again has not changed.
436.png

(also I was really hoping for the release of a blue set.. maybe some day!)
Are the icons for the original Steampunk stuff supposed to update to the new style too? I ask because I've emptied my image cache twice and the icon images have still not changed?? :''D
Are the icons for the original Steampunk stuff supposed to update to the new style too? I ask because I've emptied my image cache twice and the icon images have still not changed?? :''D
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
@ElvenArtist

Okay, first off, and I want to make sure this is conveyed as clearly as possible; the comment in which I quoted was to point out the inaccuracy of your statement - which you admitted was being too quick to assume - of older users not liking the revamp classic sets. The rest of my statement, and therein of how utterly ridiculous people have been acting, was in general to the entirety of comments that have been made throughout the discussion thread. Where you instantly assumed that anything I said beyond addressing your comment regarding older users was directed at you is something I don't entirely understand.

I am sorry if it misconceived you, but I will clarify that it was not personally directed at you and please do not take it as a form of attack. Nowhere in my post did I state it was in regards to everything you said and nowhere was your name mentioned (this is why I failed to place your name in the quote box, as was my intention of keeping in anonymous), so I still do not know how you concluded that.

However, the fact that a lot of your comments were 'emotionally charged' is something that I won't disagree with and granted, you came off as rather aggressive as opposed to being insightful, (regardless of wording) when offering your feedback, which I saw more as griping than giving constructive criticism.

The majority of players have kicked up more of a fuss rather than offer even the most remote of civil feedback regarding the weakness and strong suits of the revamp, and this is why it severely placed me on edge. More than not were posts emotionally charged rather than done with calmness while making valid points.

Comments like: Oh now I will be removing this from my dragons or It's not fair to people who spent hours searching for the right apparel for their dragons, seems more like they feel personally victimized and is unnecessary instead of saying: Well, I didn't like x about the apparel, perhaps x aspect about it may look better if done x way. No, no. More than not were people coming into the discussion to raise Cain without even offering a modicum of insight and that is what really got into my craw sorry to say.

Going back on topic to the original reason that I responded to you. If I were addressing your statement as a whole, then I would have felt the necessity to ping. Since I only was addressing only your comment in regards to older users not liking the updates and the fact I kept the quote anonymous is why I did not ping you.

I am a bit upset that you would instantly assume I was lashing at you directly without actually asking prior to see if that was the case, but what's done is done.

The fact remains that more often than not, people allow themselves to get too upset over something that is trivial, and when allowing your emotions to justify your reasoning for getting 'carried away', is why I tend to lose more and more faith in online communities because the overall negativity is ungodly stifling and it makes for an even less than enjoyable experience. If more people took the time to listen to themselves (or even reread half of what they said) I am sure they would see the points where they may seem rude or ungrateful. If people even spent more time just being glad for what they got as opposed to always refuting what they were given, then I am sure you would see a huge difference.

The staff does their best with their limited resources, and I am pretty /certain/ they don't have time to cue polls for every little change that is presented. They had done so when it came to massive additions or alterations to the site such as the new coli updates and when we got the hibernal dens etc. But for every minute change? Again, it's just a lack of perception and failure to see the picture as a whole. You can't ask for something that isn't wholly possible, and I can't understand how such a notion is even reached.

I won't disagree with the main focus being on new content rather than on the older aspects, but again, I see the necessity to maintain cohesiveness and fluidity, so change is going to happen to reflect this.

Ultimately, you cannot please everyone the entirety of the time, so in light of that, regardless of circumstance, you just got to roll with the punches. But the constant negativity and lack of civility tends to get beyond old, ya know?
@ElvenArtist

Okay, first off, and I want to make sure this is conveyed as clearly as possible; the comment in which I quoted was to point out the inaccuracy of your statement - which you admitted was being too quick to assume - of older users not liking the revamp classic sets. The rest of my statement, and therein of how utterly ridiculous people have been acting, was in general to the entirety of comments that have been made throughout the discussion thread. Where you instantly assumed that anything I said beyond addressing your comment regarding older users was directed at you is something I don't entirely understand.

I am sorry if it misconceived you, but I will clarify that it was not personally directed at you and please do not take it as a form of attack. Nowhere in my post did I state it was in regards to everything you said and nowhere was your name mentioned (this is why I failed to place your name in the quote box, as was my intention of keeping in anonymous), so I still do not know how you concluded that.

However, the fact that a lot of your comments were 'emotionally charged' is something that I won't disagree with and granted, you came off as rather aggressive as opposed to being insightful, (regardless of wording) when offering your feedback, which I saw more as griping than giving constructive criticism.

The majority of players have kicked up more of a fuss rather than offer even the most remote of civil feedback regarding the weakness and strong suits of the revamp, and this is why it severely placed me on edge. More than not were posts emotionally charged rather than done with calmness while making valid points.

Comments like: Oh now I will be removing this from my dragons or It's not fair to people who spent hours searching for the right apparel for their dragons, seems more like they feel personally victimized and is unnecessary instead of saying: Well, I didn't like x about the apparel, perhaps x aspect about it may look better if done x way. No, no. More than not were people coming into the discussion to raise Cain without even offering a modicum of insight and that is what really got into my craw sorry to say.

Going back on topic to the original reason that I responded to you. If I were addressing your statement as a whole, then I would have felt the necessity to ping. Since I only was addressing only your comment in regards to older users not liking the updates and the fact I kept the quote anonymous is why I did not ping you.

I am a bit upset that you would instantly assume I was lashing at you directly without actually asking prior to see if that was the case, but what's done is done.

The fact remains that more often than not, people allow themselves to get too upset over something that is trivial, and when allowing your emotions to justify your reasoning for getting 'carried away', is why I tend to lose more and more faith in online communities because the overall negativity is ungodly stifling and it makes for an even less than enjoyable experience. If more people took the time to listen to themselves (or even reread half of what they said) I am sure they would see the points where they may seem rude or ungrateful. If people even spent more time just being glad for what they got as opposed to always refuting what they were given, then I am sure you would see a huge difference.

The staff does their best with their limited resources, and I am pretty /certain/ they don't have time to cue polls for every little change that is presented. They had done so when it came to massive additions or alterations to the site such as the new coli updates and when we got the hibernal dens etc. But for every minute change? Again, it's just a lack of perception and failure to see the picture as a whole. You can't ask for something that isn't wholly possible, and I can't understand how such a notion is even reached.

I won't disagree with the main focus being on new content rather than on the older aspects, but again, I see the necessity to maintain cohesiveness and fluidity, so change is going to happen to reflect this.

Ultimately, you cannot please everyone the entirety of the time, so in light of that, regardless of circumstance, you just got to roll with the punches. But the constant negativity and lack of civility tends to get beyond old, ya know?
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png