Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Event of Exploration III: Finale
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 134 135
@efflorescent grilled cheese sandwiches keep me healthy.
@efflorescent grilled cheese sandwiches keep me healthy.
vnfnSuk.gif
@Xairathan

/kills all grilled cheese sandwiches
@Xairathan

/kills all grilled cheese sandwiches
mini-graphics-pokemon-580754.gif
mini-graphics-pokemon-306590.gif
@ArtimisNight
Waai~ You need to read it :D It's a bit nostalgic for me, since it has been quite a while since I read it (late childhood *sniff*), but it is an awesome book series! Basically, the author took the historical period where Napolean was trying to conquer Europe (and succeeding).
The actual historical narrative is the same (outcomes, parties, battle of travalgar, etc.), but they insert dragons as a means of airforce in warfare.

The dragons in the book can speak and are aligned to countries, bonding with their "captain" who leads a hierarchical team (like an army batallion) that ride the dragon while linking chains to a harness the dragon wears. They then pretty much function in the sky the way ships do at sea. Despite the whole "dragons are fantasy creatures", it reads very realistically and is amazingly well-written *0* The protagonist is the British captain of a dragon named 'Temeraire', hence the name of the series.

Anyway, here is a link to the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temeraire_(series)

*cough*endtangent*cough*

@Xairathan
Err, so if the max. inventory items is 10, I have a question. Say I used 2 items to make the portable device: do items that I used (if we can take it with is because portable) still count towards the 10 (and if so, are they still usable for other things?), do I now have 9 items (8 remaining + device) or do I have 8 items (used up 2 materials, device is an extra)?
@ArtimisNight
Waai~ You need to read it :D It's a bit nostalgic for me, since it has been quite a while since I read it (late childhood *sniff*), but it is an awesome book series! Basically, the author took the historical period where Napolean was trying to conquer Europe (and succeeding).
The actual historical narrative is the same (outcomes, parties, battle of travalgar, etc.), but they insert dragons as a means of airforce in warfare.

The dragons in the book can speak and are aligned to countries, bonding with their "captain" who leads a hierarchical team (like an army batallion) that ride the dragon while linking chains to a harness the dragon wears. They then pretty much function in the sky the way ships do at sea. Despite the whole "dragons are fantasy creatures", it reads very realistically and is amazingly well-written *0* The protagonist is the British captain of a dragon named 'Temeraire', hence the name of the series.

Anyway, here is a link to the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temeraire_(series)

*cough*endtangent*cough*

@Xairathan
Err, so if the max. inventory items is 10, I have a question. Say I used 2 items to make the portable device: do items that I used (if we can take it with is because portable) still count towards the 10 (and if so, are they still usable for other things?), do I now have 9 items (8 remaining + device) or do I have 8 items (used up 2 materials, device is an extra)?
jaZD1S7.png
@Byou

No; you only have one device that is the portable thing
@Byou

No; you only have one device that is the portable thing
vnfnSuk.gif
@Xairathan
Yes, I get that part. Sorry >.> Should have been more specific - what I meant to ask was, how many items do I now have in my inventory; 8, 9 or 10?

Also, (forgive me for asking so many questions, I tend to overthink things)
"If your dragon has been infected, feel free to send a PM to Xairathan with 3 questions. An example of a question would be "Xairathan feels a bit woozy, is this dangerous?" and I will reply, indicating if the dragon(s) in question are infected or not."
-I thought you would PM/notify us if your dragon has been infected - but does this mean that we are supposed to PM you every day (if we want) to check if they are infected? Or does i mean that a notification of infection does not mean it is an actual 'deadly' infection but might simply be a cold?
@Xairathan
Yes, I get that part. Sorry >.> Should have been more specific - what I meant to ask was, how many items do I now have in my inventory; 8, 9 or 10?

Also, (forgive me for asking so many questions, I tend to overthink things)
"If your dragon has been infected, feel free to send a PM to Xairathan with 3 questions. An example of a question would be "Xairathan feels a bit woozy, is this dangerous?" and I will reply, indicating if the dragon(s) in question are infected or not."
-I thought you would PM/notify us if your dragon has been infected - but does this mean that we are supposed to PM you every day (if we want) to check if they are infected? Or does i mean that a notification of infection does not mean it is an actual 'deadly' infection but might simply be a cold?
jaZD1S7.png
@Byou

I'll alert you if they're infected; then you can ask which one is. You might get false alarms, though!

As for how many items you have, 8, I think?
@Byou

I'll alert you if they're infected; then you can ask which one is. You might get false alarms, though!

As for how many items you have, 8, I think?
vnfnSuk.gif
@Xairathan
Great, thanks for explaining!
Waai, means I can restock two :D
@Xairathan
Great, thanks for explaining!
Waai, means I can restock two :D
jaZD1S7.png
@Xairathan
More questions, just how contagious is the infection? I am feeling guilt for teaming my infected.

And if we only have a max of ten items, does that mean I didn't get to keep my communication device (the crude candlestick telephone)?
@Xairathan
More questions, just how contagious is the infection? I am feeling guilt for teaming my infected.

And if we only have a max of ten items, does that mean I didn't get to keep my communication device (the crude candlestick telephone)?
3EAoDJ5.pngcUq3mJV.gifn8WBZAl.png
Okay, so once again I'm at work with the PC that hates gdocs, so would someone please add my dragons in wherever they're needed and then let me know so I can submit to Xai? @Empyreal? I have:
Shinko, Lightning, L24, tankytank/hitter
Jalen, Shadow, L5, mage
Chromia, Nature, L7, speed+strength
Okay, so once again I'm at work with the PC that hates gdocs, so would someone please add my dragons in wherever they're needed and then let me know so I can submit to Xai? @Empyreal? I have:
Shinko, Lightning, L24, tankytank/hitter
Jalen, Shadow, L5, mage
Chromia, Nature, L7, speed+strength
@Xairathan

I'm assuming that this is an all day event, because I don't see any time limits anywhere?
So I'd have time to get to my computer tonight to join a team, rather then having to ask someone to do it for me right away? I, like anarin, can't edit the Google doc right now, though for me it's because I can't do it on my phone. LOL.
@Xairathan

I'm assuming that this is an all day event, because I don't see any time limits anywhere?
So I'd have time to get to my computer tonight to join a team, rather then having to ask someone to do it for me right away? I, like anarin, can't edit the Google doc right now, though for me it's because I can't do it on my phone. LOL.
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 134 135