Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40 41
@Aequorin @Xhaztol
How do we sign up to participate in the Beta testing, please?
I've seen it mentioned here before, but I can't find a link to apply.
@Aequorin @Xhaztol
How do we sign up to participate in the Beta testing, please?
I've seen it mentioned here before, but I can't find a link to apply.
*** T0yVrtj.png GOqmx87.png

sapling hub link & small green momma & tiny orange cat

se8WqoZ.png***8g7QT7K.png***
** starterpacks and nncu

mFjnag2.png
cVNhmkY.png
**behemoth and badge**

EvXj7Mf.png
**2019GreenskeeperHub

fScoZmX.png
se8WqoZ.png***8g7QT7K.png***dUsQXLE.png5vaIIUT.png
**welcome, starter packs, bank vault

se8WqoZ.png
T0yVrtj.png
**welcome to nature +small green momma

***dUsQXLE.png5vaIIUT.png**
9BR4VrZ.png***
bank + vault + dandelion deposit

GOqmx87.png
** small orange cat

dUsQXLE.png5vaIIUT.png**
uyHrPB4.png**
9BR4VrZ.png ** Special thanks to the legions of podids
who gave their claws to this project.

LGfILQY.gif***
** bank bank leaf Dandelion podids

2pis3YL.pngdUsQXLE.png5vaIIUT.pngRQQLod7.png**9BR4VrZ.pngdlwdi4H.png
** OOF bank bank CC Dandelion IF
dUsQXLE.png5vaIIUT.pngRQQLod7.pngbhtyqsn.png**9BR4VrZ.png
** bank bank CC LOST Dandelion
******rXYdOjX.png 5TaV2hL.png ***EaAtnJi.png
** COYA GG, DADA, Monera

qnb6C0Q.gif
** teacup dragon advert

kUUVDw6.png*****35kBUID.png
large welcome pack sign

8g7QT7K.png
T0yVrtj.png
small welcome pack link & small green momma

GOqmx87.png
tiny orange cat
[quote name="ThistleProse" date="2019-08-21 18:07:35" ] I honestly LOVE the idea of the apparel being clan bound, and I’m honestly shaking my head at all these folks who are so used to being able to BUY what they don’t want to earn. So, you don’t like PvP. That’s fine. But I don’t think that should ENTITLE you to getting the apparel that is a reward SPECIFICALLY for taking part in that aspect of the site. [/quote] To be real here I would agree with you if we were talking about a real video game and not a browser based pet collection sim. In a real video game rewarding people with different aesthetic changes is a bonus on top of what should be fun engaging game play. In a game like flight rising aesthetics [b]ARE[/b] the gameplay. People play this game specifically to customize dragon aesthetics and that's pretty much it. As cool as the pvp improvements sound this game just doesnt offer the depth of play and satisfaction that say a game like pokemon or fortnite has going on so I dont blame people for wanting accessibility over having to 'earn' things with an admittedly bare bones battle system.
ThistleProse wrote on 2019-08-21 18:07:35:
I honestly LOVE the idea of the apparel being clan bound, and I’m honestly shaking my head at all these folks who are so used to being able to BUY what they don’t want to earn. So, you don’t like PvP. That’s fine. But I don’t think that should ENTITLE you to getting the apparel that is a reward SPECIFICALLY for taking part in that aspect of the site.

To be real here I would agree with you if we were talking about a real video game and not a browser based pet collection sim. In a real video game rewarding people with different aesthetic changes is a bonus on top of what should be fun engaging game play.

In a game like flight rising aesthetics ARE the gameplay. People play this game specifically to customize dragon aesthetics and that's pretty much it. As cool as the pvp improvements sound this game just doesnt offer the depth of play and satisfaction that say a game like pokemon or fortnite has going on so I dont blame people for wanting accessibility over having to 'earn' things with an admittedly bare bones battle system.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
This addition doesn't excite me at all due to my experience with coliseum. I do hope you'll allow an option to turn off invites entirely.
This addition doesn't excite me at all due to my experience with coliseum. I do hope you'll allow an option to turn off invites entirely.
Even though I don’t see myself using pvp coli, I like and approve of clanbound items for winning a certain amount of matches / etc. maybe not something like “get first place in a week” but general things that are feasible for people if the put in the time.

Honestly depending on the item it might make me decide on building a pvp team.
Even though I don’t see myself using pvp coli, I like and approve of clanbound items for winning a certain amount of matches / etc. maybe not something like “get first place in a week” but general things that are feasible for people if the put in the time.

Honestly depending on the item it might make me decide on building a pvp team.
Really, really not a fan of locking apparel, not only that but clanbound apparel, behind PVP rankings for more artificially enforced exclusivity. At least let people put it on the AH, come on. Someone might change their mind about a piece they got, or want to do a raffle. A lot of people can't use the coli at all for a wide assortment of reasons ranging from poor internet to actual physical disability.
Really, really not a fan of locking apparel, not only that but clanbound apparel, behind PVP rankings for more artificially enforced exclusivity. At least let people put it on the AH, come on. Someone might change their mind about a piece they got, or want to do a raffle. A lot of people can't use the coli at all for a wide assortment of reasons ranging from poor internet to actual physical disability.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
With the right balancing it could potentially be Pokemon Showdown with dragons, and goodness knows how much time I've wasted on that site, so I am looking forward to this!
With the right balancing it could potentially be Pokemon Showdown with dragons, and goodness knows how much time I've wasted on that site, so I am looking forward to this!
Tm63Ief.png
This sounds pretty great for the most part, but even as someone who would want to try to climb the ranked ladder I'd like to see the apparel not be clanbound. Being able to sell the apparel I don't want could be a nice way of getting some extra treasure, and the high-end apparel going for crazy prices would help put an exact value on how rare and desirable they are, even if I don't sell them.
This sounds pretty great for the most part, but even as someone who would want to try to climb the ranked ladder I'd like to see the apparel not be clanbound. Being able to sell the apparel I don't want could be a nice way of getting some extra treasure, and the high-end apparel going for crazy prices would help put an exact value on how rare and desirable they are, even if I don't sell them.
My Familiar Quest
Not a fan at all of the idea of locking apparel behind PVP. I have always hated that in games. Bad enough with all the stuff with stupid low drop rates in the coli already that some people can't even get a chance for because they can't use the coli system, but at least they can buy it on the AH, I suppose. If it's clanbound, that's not even an option.
Not a fan at all of the idea of locking apparel behind PVP. I have always hated that in games. Bad enough with all the stuff with stupid low drop rates in the coli already that some people can't even get a chance for because they can't use the coli system, but at least they can buy it on the AH, I suppose. If it's clanbound, that's not even an option.
qPCsFXD.gifiJgGlJd.png
PVP
PVP
348a58bed57a6e78ddac805e55142143f489c2ca.png
PvP seems like a cool idea
PvP seems like a cool idea
VGxuHXT.png
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40 41