Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 40 41
PVP was disabled long before I joined, and I never thought it would be implemented in my lifetime! This is amazing to see finally happen. I'm excited!
PVP was disabled long before I joined, and I never thought it would be implemented in my lifetime! This is amazing to see finally happen. I'm excited!
hkazXyz.png
- he/him
- 25 y/o
- bird nerd
- pings + random frq ok!
52qPuy7.png
Oooh, this is gonna be great! I particularly like the spectator idea, since I’m not even good at coliseum haha.
Oooh, this is gonna be great! I particularly like the spectator idea, since I’m not even good at coliseum haha.
Im back
It's good to see some new adjustments to the coliseum! Nioce!
It's good to see some new adjustments to the coliseum! Nioce!
blackrose_zpsdyrhqrtb.png
_|
63395_v.gif __________
I can't wait! This will encourage players to add friends as well as make use of the different elemental attacks! [center][img]http://i.xomf.com/wrmgy.png[/img][/center]
I can't wait! This will encourage players to add friends as well as make use of the different elemental attacks!
wrmgy.png
fc_charged_sprocket_by_dogi_crimson-dah004n.gifO7IFtNN.pngEmpOTMonth_Sig.pngO7IFtNN.pngfc_charged_sprocket_by_dogi_crimson-dah004n.gif
Like many others, the idea of clanbound apparel is worrisome to me. I like the idea of a point shop, where you get points even if you're not the Best, but I don't get why it then has to be clanbound.

The idea of spectators sounds completely pointless. But that's something I can take or leave; it won't be difficult to avoid/ignore it if it is included.
Like many others, the idea of clanbound apparel is worrisome to me. I like the idea of a point shop, where you get points even if you're not the Best, but I don't get why it then has to be clanbound.

The idea of spectators sounds completely pointless. But that's something I can take or leave; it won't be difficult to avoid/ignore it if it is included.
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
Cool
Cool
I would LOVE IT if you guys buffed spells like Sap, Anticipate, and Guard! More interesting moves to use is always a good thing!
I would LOVE IT if you guys buffed spells like Sap, Anticipate, and Guard! More interesting moves to use is always a good thing!
"Here lies Scout. He rAN and dIEd."
Damn, didn't expect to see this come back again 0A0
Damn, didn't expect to see this come back again 0A0
ew9u8Xp.png
I’m so excited for pvp to be back! I’ve gotta finish leveling my team!
I’m so excited for pvp to be back! I’ve gotta finish leveling my team!
60787410.png 57806280.png
I really do like the idea to increase the value of stones other than Eliminates, Ambushes, and Berserkers. Some of the abilities do seem really lacking, but not even because they aren't useful in the current battle system. They're just lacking overall. Even if I don't have need to use any of the improved stone, I will be able to appreciate them being a little more 'shiny.'

I could definitely support letting us win a battle currency. The higher your rank, the more you earn per win and if you rank on the leader board, you get a small bonus at the end of whatever the rollover cycle is? Then everyone could work toward the clanbound apparel, but those who are better at PvP would reach it faster. Admittedly, I hate PvP with a fiery passion in turn-based games like this - sit me in a World of Warcraft battleground any day, but don't ask me to PvP competitively in a turn-based system. However, I have no issue fighting and still getting progress toward something even if I'm not very good at it.

Now, it sounds like you're going to make us gear multiple teams of dragons for this rather than giving us separate PvP and PvE stone trees/talents/stats... While this is great for someone like me who's willing to level dragons and would even drive up my potential profit by making 25s more valuable, as everyone will want various builds to try - therefore making it something I can gain from no problem - I feel this might not be as well-received by those who prefer PvP and don't exactly have the deep pockets nor extra time required to get a hold of a multitude of 25s. Especially since you're trying so hard to make PvP non-profitable.
I really do like the idea to increase the value of stones other than Eliminates, Ambushes, and Berserkers. Some of the abilities do seem really lacking, but not even because they aren't useful in the current battle system. They're just lacking overall. Even if I don't have need to use any of the improved stone, I will be able to appreciate them being a little more 'shiny.'

I could definitely support letting us win a battle currency. The higher your rank, the more you earn per win and if you rank on the leader board, you get a small bonus at the end of whatever the rollover cycle is? Then everyone could work toward the clanbound apparel, but those who are better at PvP would reach it faster. Admittedly, I hate PvP with a fiery passion in turn-based games like this - sit me in a World of Warcraft battleground any day, but don't ask me to PvP competitively in a turn-based system. However, I have no issue fighting and still getting progress toward something even if I'm not very good at it.

Now, it sounds like you're going to make us gear multiple teams of dragons for this rather than giving us separate PvP and PvE stone trees/talents/stats... While this is great for someone like me who's willing to level dragons and would even drive up my potential profit by making 25s more valuable, as everyone will want various builds to try - therefore making it something I can gain from no problem - I feel this might not be as well-received by those who prefer PvP and don't exactly have the deep pockets nor extra time required to get a hold of a multitude of 25s. Especially since you're trying so hard to make PvP non-profitable.
Untitled2165.png O Oh Stormcatcher what have I started...
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 40 41