Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Nana’s Exalt Emporium
1 2 3
I'd get quite annoyed if exalted dragons were brought back into the game especially if not a dragon you yourself has exalted

Players exalt dragons for a variety of reasons and not just for dominance or to clear up lair space. It may be for story reasons, to keep the bloodline clean, to prevent overpopulation, because nobody bought it at the price they wanted/they'd earn more money via exalting, to keep the names of their dragon's offspring list in character, etc. Bringing a dragon back would screw up whatever reason that player had for exalting.

Several of the dragons I've exalted, have been for story purposes and as a reward for pairs once I've finished with them since according to the lore, it is an honor that the dragons go serve their deity. I would be quite annoyed if one of my characters who went on to serve the Gladekeeper because that's what she felt called to do was pulled from the gladekeeper's service and is now living under a different name in a Plague lair

In addition this suggestion makes it feel like the exalted dragons are just thrown away and unwanted when according to lore it’s the greatest honor a dragon can have
I'd get quite annoyed if exalted dragons were brought back into the game especially if not a dragon you yourself has exalted

Players exalt dragons for a variety of reasons and not just for dominance or to clear up lair space. It may be for story reasons, to keep the bloodline clean, to prevent overpopulation, because nobody bought it at the price they wanted/they'd earn more money via exalting, to keep the names of their dragon's offspring list in character, etc. Bringing a dragon back would screw up whatever reason that player had for exalting.

Several of the dragons I've exalted, have been for story purposes and as a reward for pairs once I've finished with them since according to the lore, it is an honor that the dragons go serve their deity. I would be quite annoyed if one of my characters who went on to serve the Gladekeeper because that's what she felt called to do was pulled from the gladekeeper's service and is now living under a different name in a Plague lair

In addition this suggestion makes it feel like the exalted dragons are just thrown away and unwanted when according to lore it’s the greatest honor a dragon can have
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Exalting is the highest honor a dragon can have, removing a dragon that yourself did not exalt is extremely iffy.
Exalting is the highest honor a dragon can have, removing a dragon that yourself did not exalt is extremely iffy.
Imagine if someone gets a previously exalted Naomi gen 2. The resell price would be hell.
Imagine if someone gets a previously exalted Naomi gen 2. The resell price would be hell.
I have to say no support for all the reasons already mentioned. I am aware that a lot of pet sites have 'adoption pounds' like these, but it just doesn't work with FR that way.

However! Maybe some sort of feature like what you were thinking of would be in the realm of possibilities. Instead of being able to adopt previously exalted dragons, the player could choose from an assortment of dragons that have been donated to the 'pound' (maybe it shouldn't be called a pound though, it could be some sort of 'tavern', where travelling dragons are looking to join a new lair).

Not sure how well it would perform though, and overall I'd rather have more ways to actually rid the site of dragons instead of holding on to them/bringing them back.
I have to say no support for all the reasons already mentioned. I am aware that a lot of pet sites have 'adoption pounds' like these, but it just doesn't work with FR that way.

However! Maybe some sort of feature like what you were thinking of would be in the realm of possibilities. Instead of being able to adopt previously exalted dragons, the player could choose from an assortment of dragons that have been donated to the 'pound' (maybe it shouldn't be called a pound though, it could be some sort of 'tavern', where travelling dragons are looking to join a new lair).

Not sure how well it would perform though, and overall I'd rather have more ways to actually rid the site of dragons instead of holding on to them/bringing them back.
[quote name="KrysaVorona" date="2019-07-15 11:04:20" ] I have to say no support for all the reasons already mentioned. I am aware that a lot of pet sites have 'adoption pounds' like these, but it just doesn't work with FR that way. However! Maybe some sort of feature like what you were thinking of would be in the realm of possibilities. Instead of being able to adopt previously exalted dragons, the player could choose from an assortment of dragons that have been donated to the 'pound' (maybe it shouldn't be called a pound though, it could be some sort of 'tavern', where travelling dragons are looking to join a new lair). Not sure how well it would perform though, and overall I'd rather have more ways to actually rid the site of dragons instead of holding on to them/bringing them back. [/quote] No support. This would either become a dumping ground for unwanted dragons players naively think will wind up in forever homes or a source of even cheaper exalt fodder. If there's a high fee or other penalties, it winds up clogging the system with unwanted dragons. If there's no fee/minimal penalties, people just snatch the dragons for easy fodder.
KrysaVorona wrote on 2019-07-15 11:04:20:

No support. This would either become a dumping ground for unwanted dragons players naively think will wind up in forever homes or a source of even cheaper exalt fodder.

If there's a high fee or other penalties, it winds up clogging the system with unwanted dragons. If there's no fee/minimal penalties, people just snatch the dragons for easy fodder.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
if someone unexalted a dragon i specifically exalted for personal or lore reasons, i would be very unhappy.
if someone unexalted a dragon i specifically exalted for personal or lore reasons, i would be very unhappy.
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
[quote name="KrysaVorona" date="2019-07-15 11:04:20" ] I have to say no support for all the reasons already mentioned. I am aware that a lot of pet sites have 'adoption pounds' like these, but it just doesn't work with FR that way. However! Maybe some sort of feature like what you were thinking of would be in the realm of possibilities. Instead of being able to adopt previously exalted dragons, the player could choose from an assortment of dragons that have been donated to the 'pound' (maybe it shouldn't be called a pound though, it could be some sort of 'tavern', where travelling dragons are looking to join a new lair). Not sure how well it would perform though, and overall I'd rather have more ways to actually rid the site of dragons instead of holding on to them/bringing them back. [/quote] This sounds fun for a user-run lore based thing :D like a hatchery
KrysaVorona wrote on 2019-07-15 11:04:20:

This sounds fun for a user-run lore based thing :D like a hatchery
No support.

There are dragons I've sent through the travel the world group that have been exalted that I wish weren't, but we're not about to start removing the entire point of the exaltation of dragons.
No support.

There are dragons I've sent through the travel the world group that have been exalted that I wish weren't, but we're not about to start removing the entire point of the exaltation of dragons.
9WDL0iL.png
I get the appeal of this because there’s a lot of exalted dragons I wish I could have, but exalted dragons are tied to the account of the person who exalted them and I think they should stay that way.
I get the appeal of this because there’s a lot of exalted dragons I wish I could have, but exalted dragons are tied to the account of the person who exalted them and I think they should stay that way.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
Lore wise: Gladekeeper is organizing her dragon forces to defend the labyrinth from an incursion of plague. Her most trusted lieutenant is at her side, coordinating teams and plans. Suddenly a grey maned Imp smelling vaguely like mothballs and sugarcookies totters in and scoops up the lieutenant, pats her on the head and totters back out nattering about finding a really nice home for her while Gladekeeper just stares.

It takes a bit of work to sort through (but so would a pound-under-any-name) but you can technically go find a bunch of free/cheap dragons looking for forever homes in the dragons for sale forum. And you can even exalt them if you want*. Stuffing them all into a pound/tavern would not guarantee them a forever home any more than those threads do.

*Unless you're doing it to specifically harass people/take advantage of them/scamming dragons, there are rules to semi protect dragons from being immediately exalted from those threads.
Lore wise: Gladekeeper is organizing her dragon forces to defend the labyrinth from an incursion of plague. Her most trusted lieutenant is at her side, coordinating teams and plans. Suddenly a grey maned Imp smelling vaguely like mothballs and sugarcookies totters in and scoops up the lieutenant, pats her on the head and totters back out nattering about finding a really nice home for her while Gladekeeper just stares.

It takes a bit of work to sort through (but so would a pound-under-any-name) but you can technically go find a bunch of free/cheap dragons looking for forever homes in the dragons for sale forum. And you can even exalt them if you want*. Stuffing them all into a pound/tavern would not guarantee them a forever home any more than those threads do.

*Unless you're doing it to specifically harass people/take advantage of them/scamming dragons, there are rules to semi protect dragons from being immediately exalted from those threads.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
1 2 3