Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Azure Wyrm (always recruiting)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
OOC See me on Discord to know what's going on. I'm trying.
OOC See me on Discord to know what's going on. I'm trying.
@Sincerity11: The earthmover tractor dropped its shovel with all the strength and weight the operator could force it to, and the seawater splashed dramatically. Below the shovel's scoop was a piece of furniture and some plastic tubs, only having sunk due to the weight of the trash inside.
One of the pieces of trash in one of the buckets was a slime sample canister. A living slime was within, unconscious, inactive, not yet having ever gained consciousness. However, the weight of the shovel smashed the canister upon impact, and when the shovel slowly lifted upwards to let the excess trash and water pour off, the canister debris and even the slime itself were set fully free.

@Maki: The slime awoke for the first time, becoming a life form. The first moment of its life, it felt nothing around it at all. Then it felt cold, salty wet all around it crash into it quickly from every direction, followed shortly after by tiny pieces of hard organic of some kind.

@Arjun: The wetness the slime felt was more comfortable than a giant stabbing thing turned out to be wrong! The wetness made the slime feel something new, which it could only describe to itself as 'hot', even though it wasn't hot, and was wet. Whatever this was, it was not something the slime wanted. However, it started to spread throughout the slime's form, into every part of itself.
Luckily, the slime felt something else in addition. It was on something inorganic and flat, but it was at an angle, and there wasn't another flat inorganic shape in the lower direction.

@Salema: (unlocked: sewer rat) The attacker was much bigger than the slime anticipated, but after it started dissolving it, it stopped struggling and writhing around. It took the slime a very long time, but it was finally able to absorb the entire thing. The slime was very pleased with itself for the size of its meal, but now it ran into a problem that it didn't know how to solve. It felt... heavy.

@Iydia: Luckily, the slime found quite a few different types of organic that were so close that they almost touched the slime from where they were. Just a slight movement, and they were sensed. One was a liquid that tasted bitter, one felt soft and light, and another was a different flavor that seemed attached to the soft one. That last flavor felt squishy and tasted slightly sweet.

@Nymph: (unlocked: deerfly) The wiggling things stopped moving pretty quickly after being absorbed, which was less uncomfortable. As the slime had absorbed further into the organic though, it started to feel wet at the bottom, and the wet was cold. Up from the cold wet was not-as-cold not-wet, so the slime had to make a decision. It had absorbed a lot though, and felt it might be a good idea to make use of some of what it had consumed.

@Zalez: (unlocked: titan arum) Absorbing the soft, exceptionally powerful flavor was almost more than the slime could handle! However, it was able to do it. The slime could even feel... taste... maybe some other sense... something else nearby. How it was able to sense something through all this power, it didn't know.
@Sincerity11: The earthmover tractor dropped its shovel with all the strength and weight the operator could force it to, and the seawater splashed dramatically. Below the shovel's scoop was a piece of furniture and some plastic tubs, only having sunk due to the weight of the trash inside.
One of the pieces of trash in one of the buckets was a slime sample canister. A living slime was within, unconscious, inactive, not yet having ever gained consciousness. However, the weight of the shovel smashed the canister upon impact, and when the shovel slowly lifted upwards to let the excess trash and water pour off, the canister debris and even the slime itself were set fully free.

@Maki: The slime awoke for the first time, becoming a life form. The first moment of its life, it felt nothing around it at all. Then it felt cold, salty wet all around it crash into it quickly from every direction, followed shortly after by tiny pieces of hard organic of some kind.

@Arjun: The wetness the slime felt was more comfortable than a giant stabbing thing turned out to be wrong! The wetness made the slime feel something new, which it could only describe to itself as 'hot', even though it wasn't hot, and was wet. Whatever this was, it was not something the slime wanted. However, it started to spread throughout the slime's form, into every part of itself.
Luckily, the slime felt something else in addition. It was on something inorganic and flat, but it was at an angle, and there wasn't another flat inorganic shape in the lower direction.

@Salema: (unlocked: sewer rat) The attacker was much bigger than the slime anticipated, but after it started dissolving it, it stopped struggling and writhing around. It took the slime a very long time, but it was finally able to absorb the entire thing. The slime was very pleased with itself for the size of its meal, but now it ran into a problem that it didn't know how to solve. It felt... heavy.

@Iydia: Luckily, the slime found quite a few different types of organic that were so close that they almost touched the slime from where they were. Just a slight movement, and they were sensed. One was a liquid that tasted bitter, one felt soft and light, and another was a different flavor that seemed attached to the soft one. That last flavor felt squishy and tasted slightly sweet.

@Nymph: (unlocked: deerfly) The wiggling things stopped moving pretty quickly after being absorbed, which was less uncomfortable. As the slime had absorbed further into the organic though, it started to feel wet at the bottom, and the wet was cold. Up from the cold wet was not-as-cold not-wet, so the slime had to make a decision. It had absorbed a lot though, and felt it might be a good idea to make use of some of what it had consumed.

@Zalez: (unlocked: titan arum) Absorbing the soft, exceptionally powerful flavor was almost more than the slime could handle! However, it was able to do it. The slime could even feel... taste... maybe some other sense... something else nearby. How it was able to sense something through all this power, it didn't know.
As Nymph reached the bottom of the organic and felt the cold wet, they immediately pulled away back up the tunnel they had dissolved, deciding they did not like the feeling of being wet and cold. Remembering that the outside was wet too, though, it paused, trying to figure out which way it would go. It was then that the slime realized the sensation of fullness it had, and the urge to make something new with all the mass it had absorbed.

Its predicament momentarily forgotten, the slime started growing two rods. They slowly became more defined, until the slime started tasting a strong sweetness and realized that it was coming from the organic it was inside, even though the slime wasn't actively absorbing it. Confused, the slime tried moving away, but even after plopping down onto the ground outside it could still taste the organic, and even more organics surrounding it. This reminded the slime that it was now hungry again, and it decided to put its new far-tasting ability to use by finding the nearest organic, only briefly noting that there was less wet falling from above it now.
As Nymph reached the bottom of the organic and felt the cold wet, they immediately pulled away back up the tunnel they had dissolved, deciding they did not like the feeling of being wet and cold. Remembering that the outside was wet too, though, it paused, trying to figure out which way it would go. It was then that the slime realized the sensation of fullness it had, and the urge to make something new with all the mass it had absorbed.

Its predicament momentarily forgotten, the slime started growing two rods. They slowly became more defined, until the slime started tasting a strong sweetness and realized that it was coming from the organic it was inside, even though the slime wasn't actively absorbing it. Confused, the slime tried moving away, but even after plopping down onto the ground outside it could still taste the organic, and even more organics surrounding it. This reminded the slime that it was now hungry again, and it decided to put its new far-tasting ability to use by finding the nearest organic, only briefly noting that there was less wet falling from above it now.
KwxLkEj.png
tyEuRXe.png
FvSLVNv.png
DQR0xuP.png
W0BzwyB.png594nfYo.pngMRi9JXB.pngpxQdDU5.pngZe1FV3k.pngqBNWrht.png9ImEbE6.pngTkQY47D.pngV46c1bF.png4qRIVLU.pngE3sjxsi.pngXZgeJOR.pngybQJlHz.png
mz77kVn.png
The soft organic was absolutely potent, and this both excited Zalez and made it momentarily recoil. It had to take it slowly, but bit by bit it had managed to absorb enough of the terribly strong whatever to begin to ... know? ... what made it up. Satisfied that it could access at least an amount of this power in the future if it needed too, Zalez left the potent thing behind and began to reach out again.

There was something else nearby, something the slime could thankfully sense through the powerful aura the soft organic was giving off. Zalez began to hop-lurch towards this new thing that it had sensed, which had the added benefit of moving the slime away from the strong organic. The potent thing, while not exactly unpleasant to absorb, was starting to get to Zalez, somehow.
The soft organic was absolutely potent, and this both excited Zalez and made it momentarily recoil. It had to take it slowly, but bit by bit it had managed to absorb enough of the terribly strong whatever to begin to ... know? ... what made it up. Satisfied that it could access at least an amount of this power in the future if it needed too, Zalez left the potent thing behind and began to reach out again.

There was something else nearby, something the slime could thankfully sense through the powerful aura the soft organic was giving off. Zalez began to hop-lurch towards this new thing that it had sensed, which had the added benefit of moving the slime away from the strong organic. The potent thing, while not exactly unpleasant to absorb, was starting to get to Zalez, somehow.
Name: Ignis
Bonus DNA: Pyrococcus furiosus
Starting location: Sewer
Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime
Equipment:
Name: Ignis
Bonus DNA: Pyrococcus furiosus
Starting location: Sewer
Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime
Equipment:
The Hero of the Damaged
Name: Zizek

Bonus DNA: Black Mamba

Starting location: Forest

Description: A small, fist-sized clear slime

Equipment: None
Name: Zizek

Bonus DNA: Black Mamba

Starting location: Forest

Description: A small, fist-sized clear slime

Equipment: None
I just really like Wildclaws, okay? sue me!
50262412.png 50854528.png 50375857.png 50952837.png
52015956.png
Due to making things easier on me and player poll, Azure Wyrm will now continue to be updated on my Discord channel. A lot of you are already there, which makes things easy!

@Habeba: The sun had been down for awhile, though that didn't mean much in the city. However, the man didn't have a home, and usually just stayed in a broken-down tent hidden amongst the hilly trees outside the town's borders. Amongst the pile of garbage most recently dumped off the side of the road into the forest itself, the man saw something relatively intact. He picked up the newspaper, and noted a few words not marred by stains and congealed ****.
Some of the words he could read were 'monster' and 'pet store'. Maybe it wasn't a newspaper. It must be nothing more than a tabloid, but at least it was entertainment. Monsters weren't real, right?
If they were real, then all those people who kept telling him that he was crazy were wrong. Out of impotent frustration, he kicked at the mound of garbage, flipping over a broken piece of a 40 gallon plastic storage box. Beneath was something that looked drinkable.
Picking it up, he saw that it was not water at all; it was far too thick. He opened it to check to see if it smelled like food, but it didn't smell like anything. Losing interest, he tossed it gently back into the pile and walked away.
@Zizek: The slime awoke, coming to life once it contacted air for the first time. It knew nothing, and sensed nothing. Then, without warning, it felt itself go down, still cradled within the smooth, hard, inorganic... thing that it was in. After a very long time, something organic, wet, and with something wrong with it touched the slime. It was at that moment, it realized it was hungry.

@Takia: *dink dink dink*
A sound of something hard and somewhat bouncy fell from above. Lots of somethings. For whatever reason, if there even was one, the second bounce from the objects hit a glass canister that had miraculously not broken yet, even after being down there a few months. The blockage might have helped, though the only 'help' it provided was protection of the unknown slime that had not come to life.
*dink dink dink*
Now it did. One more bounce was all that was needed to crack the spiderweb-fractured enameled glass.
@Ignis: The slime awoke, slowly but surely. It could instantly feel cold and wet, but the wet was only below it, making the inorganic sharp things not as ouchy. Other things were nearby, but the slime had no frame of reference for any of it. It felt organic...
@Zalez: The slime felt something puffy, soft, organic and mild compared to the other flavor it was still aware of and being bothered by. As the slime approached it more, the puffy thing felt like it was going up the slime, only barely attached to something else. Whatever it was, it OUCH! The soft thing was not entirely soft, and instead it had little ouchy parts!
@Nymph: The nearest organic to the slime was of course more of the sweet it had absorbed a hole into, only just enough to let itself through without the sweet enveloping the slime. However, there were other relatively close smells that were much less noticeable, but the slime's new ability helped it to recognize that it was there. Getting closer, the slime was surprised when it touched the source. It was cold and wet too, really wet. But it had a flavor unlike anything it had tasted yet.
Due to making things easier on me and player poll, Azure Wyrm will now continue to be updated on my Discord channel. A lot of you are already there, which makes things easy!

@Habeba: The sun had been down for awhile, though that didn't mean much in the city. However, the man didn't have a home, and usually just stayed in a broken-down tent hidden amongst the hilly trees outside the town's borders. Amongst the pile of garbage most recently dumped off the side of the road into the forest itself, the man saw something relatively intact. He picked up the newspaper, and noted a few words not marred by stains and congealed ****.
Some of the words he could read were 'monster' and 'pet store'. Maybe it wasn't a newspaper. It must be nothing more than a tabloid, but at least it was entertainment. Monsters weren't real, right?
If they were real, then all those people who kept telling him that he was crazy were wrong. Out of impotent frustration, he kicked at the mound of garbage, flipping over a broken piece of a 40 gallon plastic storage box. Beneath was something that looked drinkable.
Picking it up, he saw that it was not water at all; it was far too thick. He opened it to check to see if it smelled like food, but it didn't smell like anything. Losing interest, he tossed it gently back into the pile and walked away.
@Zizek: The slime awoke, coming to life once it contacted air for the first time. It knew nothing, and sensed nothing. Then, without warning, it felt itself go down, still cradled within the smooth, hard, inorganic... thing that it was in. After a very long time, something organic, wet, and with something wrong with it touched the slime. It was at that moment, it realized it was hungry.

@Takia: *dink dink dink*
A sound of something hard and somewhat bouncy fell from above. Lots of somethings. For whatever reason, if there even was one, the second bounce from the objects hit a glass canister that had miraculously not broken yet, even after being down there a few months. The blockage might have helped, though the only 'help' it provided was protection of the unknown slime that had not come to life.
*dink dink dink*
Now it did. One more bounce was all that was needed to crack the spiderweb-fractured enameled glass.
@Ignis: The slime awoke, slowly but surely. It could instantly feel cold and wet, but the wet was only below it, making the inorganic sharp things not as ouchy. Other things were nearby, but the slime had no frame of reference for any of it. It felt organic...
@Zalez: The slime felt something puffy, soft, organic and mild compared to the other flavor it was still aware of and being bothered by. As the slime approached it more, the puffy thing felt like it was going up the slime, only barely attached to something else. Whatever it was, it OUCH! The soft thing was not entirely soft, and instead it had little ouchy parts!
@Nymph: The nearest organic to the slime was of course more of the sweet it had absorbed a hole into, only just enough to let itself through without the sweet enveloping the slime. However, there were other relatively close smells that were much less noticeable, but the slime's new ability helped it to recognize that it was there. Getting closer, the slime was surprised when it touched the source. It was cold and wet too, really wet. But it had a flavor unlike anything it had tasted yet.
Though I am periodically paying attention here. Getting a hold of me where I said is a lot faster and easier and more reliable though! Over there, I never log out unless I'm restarting my PC or there's a brownout.
Plus I have other stuff always going on.
Though I am periodically paying attention here. Getting a hold of me where I said is a lot faster and easier and more reliable though! Over there, I never log out unless I'm restarting my PC or there's a brownout.
Plus I have other stuff always going on.
i give up. i'm gonna be a plant.
i give up. i'm gonna be a plant.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
I like plants! So that's a good thing.
I like plants! So that's a good thing.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8