Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Azure Wyrm (always recruiting)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Kumo: None of the organics the slime found seemed to excite it, at least not enough for it to bother consuming. But then it found something it couldn't tell if it was organic or not- but the parts of the slime that touched it suggested its size to be vastly more than the slime's size. It was hard, and some sort of yucky something was in it, but at least most of it was organic. This was confusing! But the slime was hungry, after all.

@Zalez: (unlocked: squirrel instincts) The slime felt strange. It learned something from this organic- it didn't from the other one. Did it? Was there more of this one? It didn't seem like there was. Inorganic... inorganic. Just inorganic everywhere else. The ground was more wet in one direction, and... still exactly as wet as it was here, in every other direction.
@Kumo: None of the organics the slime found seemed to excite it, at least not enough for it to bother consuming. But then it found something it couldn't tell if it was organic or not- but the parts of the slime that touched it suggested its size to be vastly more than the slime's size. It was hard, and some sort of yucky something was in it, but at least most of it was organic. This was confusing! But the slime was hungry, after all.

@Zalez: (unlocked: squirrel instincts) The slime felt strange. It learned something from this organic- it didn't from the other one. Did it? Was there more of this one? It didn't seem like there was. Inorganic... inorganic. Just inorganic everywhere else. The ground was more wet in one direction, and... still exactly as wet as it was here, in every other direction.
Kumo pressed itself against the harder outside, trying to consume it—but it was too hard. The slime moved to one side of the hard part, hungry for organic. Kumo searched for organic as it went around the hard surface. Maybe it could get at the yuck within and eat it; the slime hungered, becoming slightly excited to consume the insides of this inorganic.
Kumo pressed itself against the harder outside, trying to consume it—but it was too hard. The slime moved to one side of the hard part, hungry for organic. Kumo searched for organic as it went around the hard surface. Maybe it could get at the yuck within and eat it; the slime hungered, becoming slightly excited to consume the insides of this inorganic.
“What type of hero am I? The hero who does not stop. No matter the odds. I will stop the ball an inch from the floor, and bring the fight back from zero. Be certain in my strength, and it will be unending. Lend me your hopes and your dreams and I will break through any wall in my way, stop any opponent that crosses my path, and fight back any force that opposes me!”
This new, sloshy wet organic had given Zalez some sort of knowledge, of thought to go off of, even if it was just a bit. And so, Zalez gladly obeyed these new thoughts that raced about it much clearer and faster than that deep primal urge that had compelled the slime to fight back against the sharp had. Zalez felt, thanks to the warmth, rather than saw that it was a good time to be active, but now something in the slime knew that as soon as the warmth began to fade it needed to find shelter. Up. Up was the way to go, though Zalez was not sure if it was already up or not - it could not see, though the fact it had been blind its entire life so far caused the little slime no amount of worry - but going even further up never hurt. Zalez turned away from the direction where it was more wet, though it couldn't find a direction that was more dry, and bounded off much like a squirrel does (or, more accurately, lurched forward without legs). With every little hop, it searched for something, anything it could go up.
This new, sloshy wet organic had given Zalez some sort of knowledge, of thought to go off of, even if it was just a bit. And so, Zalez gladly obeyed these new thoughts that raced about it much clearer and faster than that deep primal urge that had compelled the slime to fight back against the sharp had. Zalez felt, thanks to the warmth, rather than saw that it was a good time to be active, but now something in the slime knew that as soon as the warmth began to fade it needed to find shelter. Up. Up was the way to go, though Zalez was not sure if it was already up or not - it could not see, though the fact it had been blind its entire life so far caused the little slime no amount of worry - but going even further up never hurt. Zalez turned away from the direction where it was more wet, though it couldn't find a direction that was more dry, and bounded off much like a squirrel does (or, more accurately, lurched forward without legs). With every little hop, it searched for something, anything it could go up.
@SpaceCat71: If it's ok, would you mind from now on making sure your character name in each post? It would help me remember who every slime is (I've got around 20 active players at this time, and some have multiple characters like Zeditha who has four).

@Kumo: (unlocked: honeybee, wasp, pine needles) Pushing against the hard probably at least mostly organic was starting to work- the slime didn't need things inside it to dissolve it, since no part of itself was anything different than any other part. Inside, outside, all the same. But the same could be felt on this strange thing the slime found. It was able to begin absorbing into it, digging out a slime-shaped hole.

@Dawn: (unlocked: Clathrus ruber, paper) The second organic felt like it started falling apart even just as the slime touched it, let alone consume it. It became nothing but energy to the slime so quickly that it satiated itself and didn't feel hunger anymore, even though there was still more of the stuff remaining. The slime did feel something else though, but it started to feel like it was affecting every part of itself, even the inside. But it also felt the need to do something besides eat, though what it was, was confusing.

@Zalez: It took far longer than the slime had any interest to deal with, but it had no choice. But eventually, the slime did find something inorganic, that was higher than the place the slime was at. It could tell, since it was taller than the slime, or at least it felt that way when probed. The inorganic was nearly perfectly flat on all of its sides, which was a new shape. Above that, was a piece of inorganic that was even higher, but it was smooth.
@SpaceCat71: If it's ok, would you mind from now on making sure your character name in each post? It would help me remember who every slime is (I've got around 20 active players at this time, and some have multiple characters like Zeditha who has four).

@Kumo: (unlocked: honeybee, wasp, pine needles) Pushing against the hard probably at least mostly organic was starting to work- the slime didn't need things inside it to dissolve it, since no part of itself was anything different than any other part. Inside, outside, all the same. But the same could be felt on this strange thing the slime found. It was able to begin absorbing into it, digging out a slime-shaped hole.

@Dawn: (unlocked: Clathrus ruber, paper) The second organic felt like it started falling apart even just as the slime touched it, let alone consume it. It became nothing but energy to the slime so quickly that it satiated itself and didn't feel hunger anymore, even though there was still more of the stuff remaining. The slime did feel something else though, but it started to feel like it was affecting every part of itself, even the inside. But it also felt the need to do something besides eat, though what it was, was confusing.

@Zalez: It took far longer than the slime had any interest to deal with, but it had no choice. But eventually, the slime did find something inorganic, that was higher than the place the slime was at. It could tell, since it was taller than the slime, or at least it felt that way when probed. The inorganic was nearly perfectly flat on all of its sides, which was a new shape. Above that, was a piece of inorganic that was even higher, but it was smooth.
Salema paused. She wanted more organic. This wasn't organic, but perhaps it led to more organic? Nowhere else seemed to lead to organic. She reached herself upwards, towards the pokey inorganic above her. It didn't seem to have organic traces on it like the smooth from before... Maybe it didn't lead to organic? She gave it a nudge away from her, and something big fell on top of her! It wasn't very heavy though. The bit she'd pulled at seemed to be stuck, so she slimed away from it. It wasn't long before she reached the edge of the inorganic, and wriggled out from underneath. She decided to go on top of it now, and immediately found organic traces! She moved further along the thing, trying to find the organic the traces were from.
Salema paused. She wanted more organic. This wasn't organic, but perhaps it led to more organic? Nowhere else seemed to lead to organic. She reached herself upwards, towards the pokey inorganic above her. It didn't seem to have organic traces on it like the smooth from before... Maybe it didn't lead to organic? She gave it a nudge away from her, and something big fell on top of her! It wasn't very heavy though. The bit she'd pulled at seemed to be stuck, so she slimed away from it. It wasn't long before she reached the edge of the inorganic, and wriggled out from underneath. She decided to go on top of it now, and immediately found organic traces! She moved further along the thing, trying to find the organic the traces were from.
She/her pronouns please! :) ~~~ GMT timezone but available unpredictably ~~~ Please PM! I am very friendly and love to chatter! ~~~ Join the slimes in Azure Wyrm!
shadowdarkness_by_seacrest_star-dbosalg.png
It took quite a while, but finally Zalez managed to reach something it might be able to climb. Flat, all the way around, but at least the slime was able to feel around it. And so, with a bit of effort, Zalez reached and tried to wrap itself around the inorganic thing, or somehow cling onto it to shimmy up. It was an extremely tiring effort, and the little slime had no way of knowing if it was actually successful in getting higher. What it did know is that the deep hunger pain was starting to return, brought on by all this work in moving about. That higher, smooth bit of inorganic... if Zalez could reach that, it would stay here, but if not then it might just have to give up and look for more organic instead.
It took quite a while, but finally Zalez managed to reach something it might be able to climb. Flat, all the way around, but at least the slime was able to feel around it. And so, with a bit of effort, Zalez reached and tried to wrap itself around the inorganic thing, or somehow cling onto it to shimmy up. It was an extremely tiring effort, and the little slime had no way of knowing if it was actually successful in getting higher. What it did know is that the deep hunger pain was starting to return, brought on by all this work in moving about. That higher, smooth bit of inorganic... if Zalez could reach that, it would stay here, but if not then it might just have to give up and look for more organic instead.
Name: Cacty

Bonus DNA: Cactus

Starting location: desert

Description: A small, fist-sized clear slime

Equipment: Placeholder
Name: Cacty

Bonus DNA: Cactus

Starting location: desert

Description: A small, fist-sized clear slime

Pride-flag.png
Name: Blaze

Bonus DNA: Bald Eagle

Starting location: Desert

Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime, per the norm

Equipment: None
Name: Blaze

Bonus DNA: Bald Eagle

Starting location: Desert

Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime, per the norm

Equipment: None
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
OOC @ SweetPotatoes: What kind of cactus? There are too many for me to choose one for you. I can give a few suggestions though if you like.
OOC @ SweetPotatoes: What kind of cactus? There are too many for me to choose one for you. I can give a few suggestions though if you like.
Name: Vivi

Bonus DNA: African Civet

Starting location: Choices are: Beach

Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime

Name: Vivi

Bonus DNA: African Civet

Starting location: Choices are: Beach

Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8