Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Greenskeeper Gathering Discussion
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 74 75
Still a WIP (will shrink it when it's done), but here's what I've got so far:

skin_coatl_f_dragon_Nurse_Log_WIP_zps71dfef42.png

Based on nurse logs http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/Nursery_Log_at_Schooner_Trail.jpg/800px-Nursery_Log_at_Schooner_Trail.jpg and the head is a tree burl http://ahrensadventures.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/100-3223.jpg

To be added after the log shading is done: little mushrooms, flowers on the swirly-horn-things, and vines with spanish moss (I think that's what that wispy moss is called) accross the wings. I don't know if I'll finish in time though. :(

Inspired by multiple trips to the West Coast, and the truly epic temperate rain forests there, which I have not done justice to.
Still a WIP (will shrink it when it's done), but here's what I've got so far:

skin_coatl_f_dragon_Nurse_Log_WIP_zps71dfef42.png

Based on nurse logs http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/Nursery_Log_at_Schooner_Trail.jpg/800px-Nursery_Log_at_Schooner_Trail.jpg and the head is a tree burl http://ahrensadventures.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/100-3223.jpg

To be added after the log shading is done: little mushrooms, flowers on the swirly-horn-things, and vines with spanish moss (I think that's what that wispy moss is called) accross the wings. I don't know if I'll finish in time though. :(

Inspired by multiple trips to the West Coast, and the truly epic temperate rain forests there, which I have not done justice to.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
@paintseagull
Thankyou for your feedback! You're definitely right, it is very bright haha so I'll probably try again and tone down the pink :)
@paintseagull
Thankyou for your feedback! You're definitely right, it is very bright haha so I'll probably try again and tone down the pink :)
Ufb9xKy.pngOLCJDTC.jpg
@isasparks A good exercise would be to try and guess what the colour of the reference picture is just by eye, then use the eye-dropper tool on the ref picture to see how close you are! It will help develop your eye for colour. Then you can use the eye-dropped colour or adjust it as you like.
@isasparks A good exercise would be to try and guess what the colour of the reference picture is just by eye, then use the eye-dropper tool on the ref picture to see how close you are! It will help develop your eye for colour. Then you can use the eye-dropped colour or adjust it as you like.
l7AoGCM.gif
@paintseagull
I'll certainly give that a try, im pretty new to colouring with a graphics tablet so I have alot to learn :) Dragon fruit is so bright and fun looking, I got a bit carried away ha.
@paintseagull
I'll certainly give that a try, im pretty new to colouring with a graphics tablet so I have alot to learn :) Dragon fruit is so bright and fun looking, I got a bit carried away ha.
Ufb9xKy.pngOLCJDTC.jpg
@Kowloon Thank you :D
@Kowloon Thank you :D
@WolfTears
1. I used no textures in the making of this piece.
2. I had a heck of a time trying to make it the right size but couldn't, so i just let it go.
3. I know it's not transparent, and I'm still trying to fix it.

The more you know. Next time ask me nicely before just saying 'Did you even read the rules'.
@WolfTears
1. I used no textures in the making of this piece.
2. I had a heck of a time trying to make it the right size but couldn't, so i just let it go.
3. I know it's not transparent, and I'm still trying to fix it.

The more you know. Next time ask me nicely before just saying 'Did you even read the rules'.
zdkBiZa.png
@shadowseeker214

If it's not 350x350 with a transparent background, the submission is automatically disqualified.

The perfectly vertical lines look too much like a texture to be accepted either. They should have at least some shift with the dragon's shape
@shadowseeker214

If it's not 350x350 with a transparent background, the submission is automatically disqualified.

The perfectly vertical lines look too much like a texture to be accepted either. They should have at least some shift with the dragon's shape
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="slothbug" date="2014-05-14 22:55:27"][center][img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/5c6c5e406a7575d3b5155cbbba6da5c8/tumblr_n5lpe3lCS31sa28hao1_400.png[/img] [b]"Woodworks"[/b] [/center][/quote] [center]I need this skin. NEEEEEEED. @slothbug - incredible work![/center]
slothbug wrote on 2014-05-14 22:55:27:
tumblr_n5lpe3lCS31sa28hao1_400.png
"Woodworks"
I need this skin. NEEEEEEED.

@slothbug - incredible work!
CSL8x0A.pngtumblr_inline_njw5j6MgRR1qg2i5p.gif6DgDeX5.png
@icealkaid Oh gosh! Your "druid" skin is really spiffy! I don't usually care much for female tundras, but if I got my hands on your skin.. I'd HAVE to make room for one in my lair. *u* If I had to come up with one critique, I'd say the face area might look a bit busy. Maybe just leaving out the white stripe on the lower jaw could unify the flow of the shapes a bit? It's really just a nitpick (or personal preference even), so feel free to ignore my raving. :'D
@icealkaid Oh gosh! Your "druid" skin is really spiffy! I don't usually care much for female tundras, but if I got my hands on your skin.. I'd HAVE to make room for one in my lair. *u* If I had to come up with one critique, I'd say the face area might look a bit busy. Maybe just leaving out the white stripe on the lower jaw could unify the flow of the shapes a bit? It's really just a nitpick (or personal preference even), so feel free to ignore my raving. :'D
@SparkSparkBOOM

Like I said, I'm still trying to fix it.
@SparkSparkBOOM

Like I said, I'm still trying to fix it.
zdkBiZa.png
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 74 75