Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | night mode / dark mode
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18
d a r k m o d e p l s
d a r k m o d e p l s
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
Full support. I tried using a night mode Chrome extension but it's so messy.
Full support. I tried using a night mode Chrome extension but it's so messy.
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
oh god please

absolute support
oh god please

absolute support
XZ9773K.gif
fKJNl8Z.png Staff pls add a Corn item j19IRlq.png
i have a lot of support for this, but unfortunately i dont think its realistic. With the way the site is coded, there are actually internal backgrounds to almost every specific page on this site. for example, you can see some of it here [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/487032935837466658/592104739198730261/unknown.png[/img] Im too lazy to source the exact image (its not too hard but you have to sift through the coding.) It'd be really difficult for staff to go through and change every one of these internal backgrounds (recoloring them to have a darker background) and even potentially impossible, as the fading type of effect used would probably not even work on a dark background. A way i could see potentally fixing this issue would be to completely redo all of the internal backgrounds, or just overall take out the internal backgrounds (which wouldnt be too bad, but would leave things pretty plain.)
i have a lot of support for this, but unfortunately i dont think its realistic. With the way the site is coded, there are actually internal backgrounds to almost every specific page on this site. for example, you can see some of it here

unknown.png

Im too lazy to source the exact image (its not too hard but you have to sift through the coding.)

It'd be really difficult for staff to go through and change every one of these internal backgrounds (recoloring them to have a darker background) and even potentially impossible, as the fading type of effect used would probably not even work on a dark background.

A way i could see potentally fixing this issue would be to completely redo all of the internal backgrounds, or just overall take out the internal backgrounds (which wouldnt be too bad, but would leave things pretty plain.)
a3kRNHF.pngJiL6VOU.png
JJZp9me.pngLWtL8p5.png
RMJMGKu.png6FKZJ7z.png
Totally support! A night mode would be great, the forums are a little too bright sometimes
Totally support! A night mode would be great, the forums are a little too bright sometimes
BIG OL SUPPORT please my eyes are suffering
BIG OL SUPPORT please my eyes are suffering
teDOJBY.png
iuEBSJ3.png
o7ZCFYm.png
owowowowow
RDt6LqI.png
8FIEPx6.png
iwSVXVM.png

I'v seen this topic written a lot (by myself included) and I can't agree more than we need darker/more themes. My only concern is that, as 002 mentioned, the admins would have to re-code/edit a lot of the site's images to accomodate the newer themes (this would be easier if the background images would be semi-transparent).
But still a giant support. I spend a lot of time in front of at least one screen and my eyes can get quite tired especially during the night. Night filtering apps for the computer don't do much work either. Also shifting back and forth from a dark themed site to a light one can be very tiring.
I'v seen this topic written a lot (by myself included) and I can't agree more than we need darker/more themes. My only concern is that, as 002 mentioned, the admins would have to re-code/edit a lot of the site's images to accomodate the newer themes (this would be easier if the background images would be semi-transparent).
But still a giant support. I spend a lot of time in front of at least one screen and my eyes can get quite tired especially during the night. Night filtering apps for the computer don't do much work either. Also shifting back and forth from a dark themed site to a light one can be very tiring.
tumblr_pur6ag4hQE1ta9vl4o2_r2_500.gif
SUPPORT.
SUPPORT.
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
Very firm support.

However, in light of how the site is built I know it would be very diffucult, so could we at least get a night mode for coliseum? That border of bright white is an eye killer
Very firm support.

However, in light of how the site is built I know it would be very diffucult, so could we at least get a night mode for coliseum? That border of bright white is an eye killer
IMG-7708.png

ovaJ1TV.png
A good way for players to temporarily alleviate this issue is to go into your monitor settings and change the brightness and gamma to display darker but in a way that can still be seen. It may not be a proper dark mode, but it helps me when I'm sitting here staring at a screen for my college work for hours.

Also, some displays have an eye care mode, which takes out certain colours that tend to cause a specific kind of fatigue over time. Sometimes it will cause an overlay of (typically) orange, which also helps.

I know if you are on Windows 10, you can specifically follow this path:
Settings ---> System

Here, there will be a brightness slider. "Night Light", if I remember correctly, is Windows' way of having a sort of eye care option. It does mostly the same thing. Changing the size of text, if this is what a big issue for you is, can also be found here.

To change your gamma, just type in "Calibrate Display Color". This brings up a slider for your gamma. Of course, you'll want to change this as needed. Until FR gets a dark mode, this helps an extreme amount. It's also not against ToS.

Edit:
If you have a ROG laptop, tap the ROG Center icon and click on the gear next to your profiles. Eye Care will be an option in there. ROG monitors have a similar option in them that can be enabled or disabled as well.
A good way for players to temporarily alleviate this issue is to go into your monitor settings and change the brightness and gamma to display darker but in a way that can still be seen. It may not be a proper dark mode, but it helps me when I'm sitting here staring at a screen for my college work for hours.

Also, some displays have an eye care mode, which takes out certain colours that tend to cause a specific kind of fatigue over time. Sometimes it will cause an overlay of (typically) orange, which also helps.

I know if you are on Windows 10, you can specifically follow this path:
Settings ---> System

Here, there will be a brightness slider. "Night Light", if I remember correctly, is Windows' way of having a sort of eye care option. It does mostly the same thing. Changing the size of text, if this is what a big issue for you is, can also be found here.

To change your gamma, just type in "Calibrate Display Color". This brings up a slider for your gamma. Of course, you'll want to change this as needed. Until FR gets a dark mode, this helps an extreme amount. It's also not against ToS.

Edit:
If you have a ROG laptop, tap the ROG Center icon and click on the gear next to your profiles. Eye Care will be an option in there. ROG monitors have a similar option in them that can be enabled or disabled as well.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18