Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Greenskeeper Gathering Discussion
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 74 75
Wait...accents are allowed?
Wait...accents are allowed?
hu72dVR.png
@Adakii - Aw I LOVE your submission but I wanted to let you know that you are allowed to change the hue of the shadow layer so it's not just grey overlapping on the red/green. I think it would really help if you changed it to something other than grey :)
@Adakii - Aw I LOVE your submission but I wanted to let you know that you are allowed to change the hue of the shadow layer so it's not just grey overlapping on the red/green. I think it would really help if you changed it to something other than grey :)
Accent Shop
[center][b]THIS[/b] [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/7b31994c3c60bdd14beddf421cbf8dac/tumblr_n5eqk8E9ef1sduf7xo1_400.png[/img] This is awesome.[/center]
THIS

tumblr_n5eqk8E9ef1sduf7xo1_400.png

This is awesome.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
[quote name="Khroma" date="2014-05-12 16:12:35"][center]Primavera[/center] [img]http://oi57.tinypic.com/280rur7.jpg[/img] Here is my entry! I worked hard on this, hope I make glademomma proud. It is called "Primavera" because "Rebirth" isn't subtle enough. I tried to work in the things I love about nature, how even death can become life (hence the skeleton), etc. Ahah, I'm rambling, anyway, here it is.[/quote] @Khroma I NEED IT HOLY COW THIS IS INCREDIBLE
Khroma wrote on 2014-05-12 16:12:35:
Primavera
280rur7.jpg

Here is my entry! I worked hard on this, hope I make glademomma proud. It is called "Primavera" because "Rebirth" isn't subtle enough.
I tried to work in the things I love about nature, how even death can become life (hence the skeleton), etc. Ahah, I'm rambling, anyway, here it is.

@Khroma I NEED IT

HOLY COW THIS IS INCREDIBLE
pVYFJJf.gif
@conduitoftime Technically skins don't have to cover 100% of the entry but it would decrease your chances of winning if they don't.
@conduitoftime Technically skins don't have to cover 100% of the entry but it would decrease your chances of winning if they don't.
@Piney I'm more referring to the entries that are just vines that would just cover the dragon's wings a bit. I'm pretty sure those are accents. The skins that have some clear space are fine. Those are super cool. I was wondering if accents are allowed since they're not meant to be skins but more...add-ons to dragons. More like apparel. Cause I've seen a f ew.
@Piney I'm more referring to the entries that are just vines that would just cover the dragon's wings a bit. I'm pretty sure those are accents. The skins that have some clear space are fine. Those are super cool. I was wondering if accents are allowed since they're not meant to be skins but more...add-ons to dragons. More like apparel. Cause I've seen a f ew.
hu72dVR.png
@conduitoftime I guess they would technically count as accents then? Here's what Undel said. [quote name="Undel" date="2014-05-11 16:52:21"]@pesticide Custom skins may cover 30-100% of the dragon. For the sake of the contest, I do recommend 100% coverage. [/quote]
@conduitoftime I guess they would technically count as accents then? Here's what Undel said.
Undel wrote on 2014-05-11 16:52:21:
@pesticide Custom skins may cover 30-100% of the dragon. For the sake of the contest, I do recommend 100% coverage.
did a few more minor touchups on this, have i missed anything i oughta be doing that i havent? i thought really hard about adding some dewdrops but in the end it felt too cluttered that way also do the pomegranate seeds...look like pomegranate seeds? or just red blobs? :/ hrm posting the fullsize version for details' sake [img]https://24.media.tumblr.com/5ecb85b9a22764ffa4d55aa81f5366c2/tumblr_n5fb8v3jUQ1sj6nq5o1_r2_1280.png[/img]
did a few more minor touchups on this, have i missed anything i oughta be doing that i havent? i thought really hard about adding some dewdrops but in the end it felt too cluttered that way
also do the pomegranate seeds...look like pomegranate seeds? or just red blobs? :/ hrm

posting the fullsize version for details' sake
tumblr_n5fb8v3jUQ1sj6nq5o1_r2_1280.png
[quote name="Twigwise" date="2014-05-12 16:32:58"]I made two designs for submission ah, I'd really appreciate some critique on what I did;;; [url=https://31.media.tumblr.com/88386a563e75f2e6c97457ca73d1afff/tumblr_n5hdelV83O1t5jci1o1_1280.png]Poison Dart Claw[/url] [url=https://24.media.tumblr.com/265a2f12e22e0ba9a4955477b8371179/tumblr_n5hdelV83O1t5jci1o2_1280.png]Tree Snake[/url] Hardly going to stand out against the likes of @Khroma and @UnspHallows though!!![/quote] @Twigwise The Poison Dart Claw looks good and the concept's recognizable as soon as you see the title. The only thing that really need some additions would be the underbelly. The body and wings have lots of detail and the underbelly looks very flat in comparison. Since your design is based off a poison dart frog, it'd pull together nicely if you gave the belly a little shine Tree Snake doesn't really give off a snake vibe except for the eyes, which you aren't supposed to alter so you might want to edit those out. The ears also look too bright for the color scheme. The tree texture is amazing though. I love the engravings you added and how the wings alternate from scales to bark. If you wanna keep the snake idea, try adding a few defined scales on the brow and in those yellow stripes going down the back. I'm not totally sure how I feel about the sky imagery in the Fae's head fins. They're pretty, but seem a bit out of place. I'd suggest bringing the stripes up into the fins instead. It's make some nice contrast with the greens in the wings.
Twigwise wrote on 2014-05-12 16:32:58:
I made two designs for submission ah, I'd really appreciate some critique on what I did;;;
Poison Dart Claw
Tree Snake

Hardly going to stand out against the likes of @Khroma and @UnspHallows though!!!

@Twigwise

The Poison Dart Claw looks good and the concept's recognizable as soon as you see the title. The only thing that really need some additions would be the underbelly. The body and wings have lots of detail and the underbelly looks very flat in comparison. Since your design is based off a poison dart frog, it'd pull together nicely if you gave the belly a little shine

Tree Snake doesn't really give off a snake vibe except for the eyes, which you aren't supposed to alter so you might want to edit those out. The ears also look too bright for the color scheme. The tree texture is amazing though. I love the engravings you added and how the wings alternate from scales to bark.
If you wanna keep the snake idea, try adding a few defined scales on the brow and in those yellow stripes going down the back. I'm not totally sure how I feel about the sky imagery in the Fae's head fins. They're pretty, but seem a bit out of place. I'd suggest bringing the stripes up into the fins instead. It's make some nice contrast with the greens in the wings.
sBdLZtA.png
[b]I wonder what you guys do think of my skin, just want to ask what you guys think would be nice if added?? or should be left as is.[/b] First idea of it was to add flowers, but if people wanted to put appeal on their dragons it might clash?? Since I just made it like a tree so people could add their own flowers to it like a flower crown or a Lei. Also since how I did the leaves would make the flowers look strange if I was to try drawing some on there? [img]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/130/e/7/natures_gift___fr_skin_contest__read_description__by_accursedasche-d7hx1r9.png[/img] [b]Anything you guys think of?[/b]
I wonder what you guys do think of my skin, just want to ask what you guys think would be nice if added?? or should be left as is.

First idea of it was to add flowers, but if people wanted to put appeal on their dragons it might clash?? Since I just made it like a tree so people could add their own flowers to it like a flower crown or a Lei. Also since how I did the leaves would make the flowers look strange if I was to try drawing some on there?

natures_gift___fr_skin_contest__read_description__by_accursedasche-d7hx1r9.png

Anything you guys think of?
tumblr_o2ol4b7ha21r8kz72o1_400.png
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 74 75