Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | the fourth storm {a nuzlocke} -REVISITED
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Unbelieveable we both went on unintentional uni hiatuses at the same time for the same length of time lmaooo, I’d love to stay on your pinglist! Loved reading about this :) tho I imagine I’m due for a refresher read lol
Unbelieveable we both went on unintentional uni hiatuses at the same time for the same length of time lmaooo, I’d love to stay on your pinglist! Loved reading about this :) tho I imagine I’m due for a refresher read lol
m8aFFXb.gif
@Dimesocket @Nihilo @CasualTea96 @lavarift @RocketGrunt @Sellenair @ArgenteaMoon @PhoenixGlory @GaleSong @pensandink @Rhunedibost @Antaria @genotypical @Nimphy @Digimon11 @LadyKuro @Torntorn @Tapestry @sykotikkytten [indent][/indent]Chapter 11: [b]The Longest Sleep and the First Morning of Many[/b] [size=4][b]Saiberu didn't remember closing her eyes the night before, nor did she recall volunteering to be everybody's pillow, but when she opened her eyes the following morning, feeling as if she'd slept for four years, she found her nose resting atop Mauro's back, Socrates curled around her neck with [i]his [/i]head on [i]her [/i]back, Mimryn's entire body curled halfway around all of them, and Myrtilus curled up atop Saiberu's back legs with most of the familiars all under her wings, the lone Lightning egg snugly held in her arms, sparking like life itself and jiggling around in her arms.[/b] [/size] The Guardian slowly raised her head, sleep a thick fog wrapped around her awareness like wool over a fool's eyes. She'd slept like the dead, warm, bundled up, and unmoving. The only thing moving was the egg. Saiberu yawned. The egg. Jiggling-- moving? Saiberu had to look again, blinking until she could see clearly the morning stormlight filtering in from the entrance, thinking tiredly that they should probably not leave that open, before she brought her attention to Myrtilus's part of the pile. [i]The egg, yes, wake up, Saiberu.[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7WcxeYR.png[/img] [size=1]My badly edited hatching lightning egg pls no judge.[/size] "Oh, hey!" Saiberu barked, starting to get up, but then thinking better of it. "Everybody wake up! The egg is hatching!" She butted Mauro with her nose, getting only fluff the first time, but jostling his small frame with the second try. She then shook her head and neck, but Socrates was firmly curled around her in his slumber. "Socrates, wake up! Mimryn, you too!" she half extended one wing to prod him awake, earning a grumble in response. Mauro was the first one to really respond, popping up like he was spring-loaded. "Egg? Egg! Where's the hatchie?" he asked, eyes wide and tail wagging. Saiberu nudged Myrtilus awake with one of the feet the Skydancer was laying on. Mauro darted over to be as close to the now [i]very[/i] bright ball of light and sparks as he could. Socrates cracked open an eye as the light from just beside Myrtilus's head woke her. Mimryn raised his horned head and stretched, yawning as Saiberu stood without waiting for the Spiral to uncoil himself. "Hey, where are you going-- I'm sleeping here stop moving!" Socrates hissed, apparently heedless of anything Saiberu had said. "The egg is hatching, Socrates," Saiberu said, pacing slowly towards it as Myrtilus gave it some space. "You curled around [i]my[/i] neck to sleep, so we play by my rules here." "Mm... egg, cool," Socrates grumbled to himself, not wanting to uncoil. "It's an instinct, I can't control it." But she wasn't quite listening to him, instead focused on the egg. Socrates hadn't even opened his eyes, still feeling the exertion of yesterday in his entire body. The intense light coming from the hatching egg intensified-- brighter and brighter until it faded to reveal a tiny baby Fae barely bigger than one of Saiberu's claws. The baby Fae's eyes were closed as she tried to get her legs under her, the four dragons watching, wide eyed, as the small caramel-colored dragon stood up on her delicate feet. [img]https://i.imgur.com/M2DXx9I.png[/img] She was just so [i]small![/i] Every single one of them thought silently, everyone but Mauro. "Oh gosh, she's so teeny!" he breathed, but even he kept his boisterous voice down with the look Saiberu shot him. When their bright cyan eyes met, they stared at each other for a moment. [i]This is our hatchling, isn't it?[/i] Mimryn and Myrtilus stood back. "Socrates, get off," Saiberu said, shaking her head until the Spiral started uncoiling. "Fine, fine." He slipped off of her and onto the floor, finally cracking open his eyes to see what all the fuss was about. With a blink, he opened his eyes all the way. [i]There's no way that thing is going to survive... it's just too small.[/i] He stayed silent even as Waperir moved to his side. He remembered the past, remembered Milo, and did his best to keep his expression neutral. Saiberu and Mauro went to the little Fae, both of them settling down on their bellies beside the hatchling. They watched, Mauro barely able to keep his tail from wagging, and after a moment, Saiberu nudged him. "Can I?" he asked. She nodded. So, so carefully, the Tundra paced over to lay down and curl his fluffy self around the tiny hatchling. He swished his tail close to the newborn Fae and she let out a little trill of a noise upon the contact. Mauro froze, still slowly curling his tail around her. The Fae stretched, tiny sharp claws tangling in the fur of Mauro's tail. Saiberu wanted to nuzzle the small thing, but she feared their size difference, and the confusing feelings in her chest kept her at a close but reasonable distance. Mimryn and Myrtilus sat a good ways away, and Socrates and Waperir moved to join them. They exchanged looks, but not words, not yet. The short crests all around the Fae's head flicked each time they brushed against Mauro's fur, but eventually the little one settled down in his thick fur, claws combing and bringing tufts to her nose to sniff. Slowly, her closed eyes cracked open brilliant and cyan like Saiberu's and Mauro's, big as pools and reflective like mirrors. With his chin on the ground, Mauro was the first to meet the Fae's eyes, and she made a little noise when he nuzzled her. "My name is Mauro," he said to her gently, and the tiny ears atop her head twitched. The Fae hummed, making an "M" noise, and Mauro nodded. "And this is Saiberu, she protects us all, like a big parent" Mauro said, looking towards the great grey Guardian. The hatchling copied him, laying her eyes on Saiberu and blinking. The Guardian didn't know whether or not she should move, but didn't have time to decide as the Fae clambered out of Mauro's fur and over his tail. She walked on all fours towards Saiberu, delicate wings half unfurled at either side, tail trailing, gaze fixed on Saiberu. Her thoughts almost flat-lined when the whelp clambered onto one of Saiberu's massive (compared to the Fae) front legs and flared out all of her fins, making another trilling noise Saiberu couldn't understand. She barely remembered interacting with the Faes in her previous home, only recalling their colonies along the lair walls and the melodious sounds and emotive signals they communicated with, and now looking down upon her small adoptive child, Saiberu wished she'd asked questions. "What should we name her, Saiberu?" Mauro asked, now seated beside Saiberu's front legs where the Fae was attempting to scale Saiberu's arm, little wings trying to flap. [i]A name, yes. [/i] The Guardian couldn't help but smile down at the Fae, thinking as Socrates, Mimryn, and Myrtilus paced over, their familiars in tow. "Would anyone like to volunteer name suggestions?" Saiberu asked her clan, and the collective of dragons and familiars looked down to the newborn, each gaze thoughtful in a different way. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Would anybody like to volunteer names for the new XXY baby female Fae? I've got some in mind but thought this might be a fun time to get those from the pinglist involved. :)
@Dimesocket @Nihilo @CasualTea96 @lavarift @RocketGrunt @Sellenair @ArgenteaMoon @PhoenixGlory @GaleSong @pensandink @Rhunedibost @Antaria @genotypical @Nimphy @Digimon11 @LadyKuro @Torntorn @Tapestry @sykotikkytten

Chapter 11: The Longest Sleep and the First Morning of Many

Saiberu didn't remember closing her eyes the night before, nor did she recall volunteering to be everybody's pillow, but when she opened her eyes the following morning, feeling as if she'd slept for four years, she found her nose resting atop Mauro's back, Socrates curled around her neck with his head on her back, Mimryn's entire body curled halfway around all of them, and Myrtilus curled up atop Saiberu's back legs with most of the familiars all under her wings, the lone Lightning egg snugly held in her arms, sparking like life itself and jiggling around in her arms. The Guardian slowly raised her head, sleep a thick fog wrapped around her awareness like wool over a fool's eyes. She'd slept like the dead, warm, bundled up, and unmoving. The only thing moving was the egg. Saiberu yawned.

The egg. Jiggling-- moving? Saiberu had to look again, blinking until she could see clearly the morning stormlight filtering in from the entrance, thinking tiredly that they should probably not leave that open, before she brought her attention to Myrtilus's part of the pile. The egg, yes, wake up, Saiberu.

7WcxeYR.png
My badly edited hatching lightning egg pls no judge.

"Oh, hey!" Saiberu barked, starting to get up, but then thinking better of it. "Everybody wake up! The egg is hatching!" She butted Mauro with her nose, getting only fluff the first time, but jostling his small frame with the second try. She then shook her head and neck, but Socrates was firmly curled around her in his slumber. "Socrates, wake up! Mimryn, you too!" she half extended one wing to prod him awake, earning a grumble in response.

Mauro was the first one to really respond, popping up like he was spring-loaded. "Egg? Egg! Where's the hatchie?" he asked, eyes wide and tail wagging. Saiberu nudged Myrtilus awake with one of the feet the Skydancer was laying on. Mauro darted over to be as close to the now very bright ball of light and sparks as he could.

Socrates cracked open an eye as the light from just beside Myrtilus's head woke her. Mimryn raised his horned head and stretched, yawning as Saiberu stood without waiting for the Spiral to uncoil himself.

"Hey, where are you going-- I'm sleeping here stop moving!" Socrates hissed, apparently heedless of anything Saiberu had said.

"The egg is hatching, Socrates," Saiberu said, pacing slowly towards it as Myrtilus gave it some space. "You curled around my neck to sleep, so we play by my rules here."

"Mm... egg, cool," Socrates grumbled to himself, not wanting to uncoil. "It's an instinct, I can't control it." But she wasn't quite listening to him, instead focused on the egg. Socrates hadn't even opened his eyes, still feeling the exertion of yesterday in his entire body.

The intense light coming from the hatching egg intensified-- brighter and brighter until it faded to reveal a tiny baby Fae barely bigger than one of Saiberu's claws. The baby Fae's eyes were closed as she tried to get her legs under her, the four dragons watching, wide eyed, as the small caramel-colored dragon stood up on her delicate feet.

M2DXx9I.png

She was just so small! Every single one of them thought silently, everyone but Mauro.

"Oh gosh, she's so teeny!" he breathed, but even he kept his boisterous voice down with the look Saiberu shot him. When their bright cyan eyes met, they stared at each other for a moment. This is our hatchling, isn't it?

Mimryn and Myrtilus stood back. "Socrates, get off," Saiberu said, shaking her head until the Spiral started uncoiling.

"Fine, fine." He slipped off of her and onto the floor, finally cracking open his eyes to see what all the fuss was about. With a blink, he opened his eyes all the way. There's no way that thing is going to survive... it's just too small. He stayed silent even as Waperir moved to his side. He remembered the past, remembered Milo, and did his best to keep his expression neutral.

Saiberu and Mauro went to the little Fae, both of them settling down on their bellies beside the hatchling. They watched, Mauro barely able to keep his tail from wagging, and after a moment, Saiberu nudged him. "Can I?" he asked. She nodded.

So, so carefully, the Tundra paced over to lay down and curl his fluffy self around the tiny hatchling. He swished his tail close to the newborn Fae and she let out a little trill of a noise upon the contact. Mauro froze, still slowly curling his tail around her. The Fae stretched, tiny sharp claws tangling in the fur of Mauro's tail. Saiberu wanted to nuzzle the small thing, but she feared their size difference, and the confusing feelings in her chest kept her at a close but reasonable distance. Mimryn and Myrtilus sat a good ways away, and Socrates and Waperir moved to join them. They exchanged looks, but not words, not yet.

The short crests all around the Fae's head flicked each time they brushed against Mauro's fur, but eventually the little one settled down in his thick fur, claws combing and bringing tufts to her nose to sniff. Slowly, her closed eyes cracked open brilliant and cyan like Saiberu's and Mauro's, big as pools and reflective like mirrors.

With his chin on the ground, Mauro was the first to meet the Fae's eyes, and she made a little noise when he nuzzled her. "My name is Mauro," he said to her gently, and the tiny ears atop her head twitched. The Fae hummed, making an "M" noise, and Mauro nodded. "And this is Saiberu, she protects us all, like a big parent" Mauro said, looking towards the great grey Guardian. The hatchling copied him, laying her eyes on Saiberu and blinking.

The Guardian didn't know whether or not she should move, but didn't have time to decide as the Fae clambered out of Mauro's fur and over his tail. She walked on all fours towards Saiberu, delicate wings half unfurled at either side, tail trailing, gaze fixed on Saiberu. Her thoughts almost flat-lined when the whelp clambered onto one of Saiberu's massive (compared to the Fae) front legs and flared out all of her fins, making another trilling noise Saiberu couldn't understand. She barely remembered interacting with the Faes in her previous home, only recalling their colonies along the lair walls and the melodious sounds and emotive signals they communicated with, and now looking down upon her small adoptive child, Saiberu wished she'd asked questions.

"What should we name her, Saiberu?" Mauro asked, now seated beside Saiberu's front legs where the Fae was attempting to scale Saiberu's arm, little wings trying to flap.

A name, yes. The Guardian couldn't help but smile down at the Fae, thinking as Socrates, Mimryn, and Myrtilus paced over, their familiars in tow. "Would anyone like to volunteer name suggestions?" Saiberu asked her clan, and the collective of dragons and familiars looked down to the newborn, each gaze thoughtful in a different way.

Would anybody like to volunteer names for the new XXY baby female Fae? I've got some in mind but thought this might be a fun time to get those from the pinglist involved. :)
Like reading nuzlockes? Care to read mine? Click here!
@CasualTea96

Crazy, isn't it? Jumping right into University after high school, it's what a lot of students (who, in the USA, have the funding/financial help/loans) do! I did it, got through it, and now I'm here again. :)

I'll keep you on the pinglist! <3 Happy (re)reading!
@CasualTea96

Crazy, isn't it? Jumping right into University after high school, it's what a lot of students (who, in the USA, have the funding/financial help/loans) do! I did it, got through it, and now I'm here again. :)

I'll keep you on the pinglist! <3 Happy (re)reading!
What a PRETTY gal! Great colors! Can I just say, your writing is different! I like it a lot :) The new hatchie: [img]https://i.imgur.com/6d0ej6u.jpg[/img] Everyone else: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Oipm5T1.png[/img] Me and names are pretty straightforward lol I'd probably go with something like Bitty or Scrub because SHES LITTLE @Kinshara
What a PRETTY gal! Great colors!
Can I just say, your writing is different! I like it a lot :)

The new hatchie:
6d0ej6u.jpg

Everyone else:
Oipm5T1.png

Me and names are pretty straightforward lol I'd probably go with something like Bitty or Scrub because SHES LITTLE

@Kinshara
m8aFFXb.gif
@CasualTea96

Aw thank you! My writing certainly is different-- I'm glad you still enjoy it~!
Oh gosh yes perfect reaction picture! <3

I'll take down Bitty as one of two names currently suggested, then randomly select a name with an online selector, best 2 out of 3 kind of thing. :)
@CasualTea96

Aw thank you! My writing certainly is different-- I'm glad you still enjoy it~!
Oh gosh yes perfect reaction picture! <3

I'll take down Bitty as one of two names currently suggested, then randomly select a name with an online selector, best 2 out of 3 kind of thing. :)
@Dimesocket @Nihilo @CasualTea96 @lavarift @RocketGrunt @Sellenair @ArgenteaMoon @PhoenixGlory @GaleSong @pensandink @Rhunedibost @Antaria @genotypical @Nimphy @Digimon11 @LadyKuro @Torntorn @Tapestry @sykotikkytten

It't naming time for the new baby! I've added a 3rd name of my own choosing: Agnes.

...drum roll please: and we have a winner! Our new Fae's name will be Aphrodite! This name was suggested by Rhunedibost!

I've got happenings planned and thankfully no deaths to report yet, but many, many close calls. Got some new familiars and screenshots to prove it-- though I'm not sure when I'll have the time to type up Chapter 12: Blessings Like These. It's on my list... and there's a chance I'll get some of it done tonight!

It't naming time for the new baby! I've added a 3rd name of my own choosing: Agnes.

...drum roll please: and we have a winner! Our new Fae's name will be Aphrodite! This name was suggested by Rhunedibost!

I've got happenings planned and thankfully no deaths to report yet, but many, many close calls. Got some new familiars and screenshots to prove it-- though I'm not sure when I'll have the time to type up Chapter 12: Blessings Like These. It's on my list... and there's a chance I'll get some of it done tonight!
[emoji=fae love size=1] [emoji=fae love size=1] [emoji=fae love size=1] So precious!
So precious!
💛💚💙💜❤️♥♡kytten♡♥❤️💜💙💚💛
@Dimesocket @Nihilo @CasualTea96 @lavarift @RocketGrunt @Sellenair @ArgenteaMoon @PhoenixGlory @GaleSong @pensandink @Rhunedibost @Antaria @genotypical @Nimphy @Digimon11 @LadyKuro @Torntorn @Tapestry @sykotikkytten @Comba

----

No story update yet y'all, sorry! I've been looking for a job-- been doing nothing but job search for the past month-- I have a few interviews now though, so here's to hoping!
But! I wanted to give you a couple insights so you can see what the fourth storm clan has been up to.

-We, so far, have 3 new unhatched eggs that will come into the story soon (one I had from being lucky way, way early on, and another 2 from more recent scavenging).
-Galore's most recent gift of food and such was very much appreciated... he'll make an appearance!
-We have a good number of new familiars... and Hissy gets a friend!
-Aphrodite is very needy, and thustly a lot of bug hunting via the coli happened. So many bug hunts... but Saiberu still doesn't let the little Fae come with to gather food. She doesn't want the tiny thing to get hurt.
-Saiberu almost died, and the fact that she didn't die somehow impressed a cat.
-Mimryn has a bird obsession, if nobody noticed. He got some more birds while Saiberu wasn't looking. Maybe that's what he does before everyone else wakes up in the mornings?
-Someone's eyes get... interesting.

All this and more to come! I won't be including many festival things (because the clan dragons don't live near other large groups of dragons, and thustly wouldn't know any was going on), but a few items and familiars I have of course were acquired through the elemental festivals. So that'll get in there somewhere. No spoilers, hah!
@Dimesocket @Nihilo @CasualTea96 @lavarift @RocketGrunt @Sellenair @ArgenteaMoon @PhoenixGlory @GaleSong @pensandink @Rhunedibost @Antaria @genotypical @Nimphy @Digimon11 @LadyKuro @Torntorn @Tapestry @sykotikkytten @Comba

----

No story update yet y'all, sorry! I've been looking for a job-- been doing nothing but job search for the past month-- I have a few interviews now though, so here's to hoping!
But! I wanted to give you a couple insights so you can see what the fourth storm clan has been up to.

-We, so far, have 3 new unhatched eggs that will come into the story soon (one I had from being lucky way, way early on, and another 2 from more recent scavenging).
-Galore's most recent gift of food and such was very much appreciated... he'll make an appearance!
-We have a good number of new familiars... and Hissy gets a friend!
-Aphrodite is very needy, and thustly a lot of bug hunting via the coli happened. So many bug hunts... but Saiberu still doesn't let the little Fae come with to gather food. She doesn't want the tiny thing to get hurt.
-Saiberu almost died, and the fact that she didn't die somehow impressed a cat.
-Mimryn has a bird obsession, if nobody noticed. He got some more birds while Saiberu wasn't looking. Maybe that's what he does before everyone else wakes up in the mornings?
-Someone's eyes get... interesting.

All this and more to come! I won't be including many festival things (because the clan dragons don't live near other large groups of dragons, and thustly wouldn't know any was going on), but a few items and familiars I have of course were acquired through the elemental festivals. So that'll get in there somewhere. No spoilers, hah!
@Dimesocket @Nihilo @CasualTea96 @lavarift @RocketGrunt @Sellenair @ArgenteaMoon @PhoenixGlory @GaleSong @pensandink @Rhunedibost @Antaria @genotypical @Nimphy @Digimon11 @LadyKuro @Torntorn @Tapestry @sykotikkytten @Comba ------------- Hello everyone! No update, again, but two bits of good news! I was clicking a bit too fast to get a screenshot... but the fourth storm clan is now sheltering an Unhatched Shadow egg! (as of this post, September 18th) And something I'm more excited about-- at long last, I got past initial screenings and I've been called in for my second ever in-person job interview! Wish me luck! [emoji=guardian happy size=1]

Hello everyone! No update, again, but two bits of good news!

I was clicking a bit too fast to get a screenshot... but the fourth storm clan is now sheltering an Unhatched Shadow egg! (as of this post, September 18th)

And something I'm more excited about-- at long last, I got past initial screenings and I've been called in for my second ever in-person job interview! Wish me luck!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7