Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Greenkeeper's Mystery Event
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
DAILY PUZZLE
Consider the clues as a whole. What picture do they paint? What has happened here?
Gethy’s magma embear and a small figure in a cloak were seen when the well collapse, and it rained shortly after. This was most likely Navarro wearing the muddied cloak she borrowed from Absalom, and done under the instructions of Gethsemane. Navarro then returned this cloak even though she does not own a nicer one, likely because the mud would give away that she was out on the night it rained. The water barrels are most likely from Gethsemane storing up water in anticipation of the well being destroyed so that her flowers and the farm won’t suffer more than is necessary to rid of Amaria. Navarro may also have barrels as additional storage so that Gethsemane’s store is less suspiciously large, or may be a personal water supply for her and the witches so that other parties aren’t harmed by the loss of the well.

BONUS PUZZLE
What does the bouquet mean?
Yellow Carnation- rejection/disappointment
Daffodil- rebirth/beginnings
Hydrangea- heartfelt emotion- can be positive (gratitude) or negative (frigidity); name also comes from greek roots for “water” and “jar”
Sweet pea- goodbye and departures

Whoever sent this bouquet most likely expects that Amaria will be out of the business soon, thus presumably the culprit, but it's still possible its a apologetic goodbye rather than a spiteful one, giving the double meaning of Hydrangea.

BIG PUZZLE
Who is sabotaging the well, and why?
Most likely Gethsemane, as her familiar and her frequently hired worker are clearly involved. This may explain some of Gethy’s reluctance to pay Navarro since the tasks she was setting the fae on was not entirely honest.

As far as Gethy’s motive goes, I’m not sure. It would be reasonable for her to want the farm for herself, as she clearly loves the farm and Amaria isn’t the easiest employer, but aside from overworking Navarro she seems to be a friendly and well-intentioned dragon. Pushing Amaria out solely for the farm would be... harsh.

Considering that Gethy is proficient with flowers, she is most likely the dragon that has been sending bouquets around, too. This would give new context to the bouquet Absalom received- fortune, patience, change- all would make sense if Gethy intended to take over the farm soon and perhaps offer him the Abalom the deal he couldn’t get from Amaria. Maybe Gethy also has affection for Absalom and wants control over the farm so that she has the authority to give him the business he wants.

Today’s Questions:
To Ayahuasca: “Do you have any idea why Gethsemane has been failing to pay Navarro? She seems nice enough a dragon.”

To Kratum: “What’s your impression of Gethemane and her temperament?

For others- my questions answers:
To Serqet, asking the identity of the yellow flower by the well and whether it has medicinal/toxic properties:
“hhhhhhh.... tigerlily.... toxic, but only to little things... little things that shouldn't eat them anyway. Cats. Dogs. Small familiars. To a dragon, not so much.”

To Gethsemane: Do you know if any local dragons grow tigerlillies?
“Oh, I do! I'm not a big farmer like Amaria, but I like to grow my own flowers too.”

To Aspanu: Does your current employer Absalom behave differently when he is drunk?
“Not especially, other than making bad business decisions.”

To Absalom: “What did you mean by Gethsemane ‘finally’ paid Navarro?”
"Oh, well, you know. Gethy is a nice enough gal, but she's an absolute flake on money matters. Runs the poor kid ragged for the effective worth of an IOU. Terrible, really. "
(Shame on you, Gethy! I rather like Navarro.)

To Gethsemane: “Do you ask Navarro to do tasks for you often?”
"Oh sure, she's actually very helpful to have around. "

To Ayahuasca:" Do you know what sort of tasks Gethsemane has been giving Navarro?"
“Little chore things, help with the garden, help with deliveries, some things she won't tell us about. Running her near to ragged with no reward at all, all because she's too meek to say no or confront her. Terrible, really.”

To Saint Snail: "Has anyone insulted you or your snails recently?"
“No, not recently.”
DAILY PUZZLE
Consider the clues as a whole. What picture do they paint? What has happened here?
Gethy’s magma embear and a small figure in a cloak were seen when the well collapse, and it rained shortly after. This was most likely Navarro wearing the muddied cloak she borrowed from Absalom, and done under the instructions of Gethsemane. Navarro then returned this cloak even though she does not own a nicer one, likely because the mud would give away that she was out on the night it rained. The water barrels are most likely from Gethsemane storing up water in anticipation of the well being destroyed so that her flowers and the farm won’t suffer more than is necessary to rid of Amaria. Navarro may also have barrels as additional storage so that Gethsemane’s store is less suspiciously large, or may be a personal water supply for her and the witches so that other parties aren’t harmed by the loss of the well.

BONUS PUZZLE
Yellow Carnation- rejection/disappointment
Daffodil- rebirth/beginnings
Hydrangea- heartfelt emotion- can be positive (gratitude) or negative (frigidity); name also comes from greek roots for “water” and “jar”
Sweet pea- goodbye and departures

Whoever sent this bouquet most likely expects that Amaria will be out of the business soon, thus presumably the culprit, but it's still possible its a apologetic goodbye rather than a spiteful one, giving the double meaning of Hydrangea.

BIG PUZZLE
Most likely Gethsemane, as her familiar and her frequently hired worker are clearly involved. This may explain some of Gethy’s reluctance to pay Navarro since the tasks she was setting the fae on was not entirely honest.

As far as Gethy’s motive goes, I’m not sure. It would be reasonable for her to want the farm for herself, as she clearly loves the farm and Amaria isn’t the easiest employer, but aside from overworking Navarro she seems to be a friendly and well-intentioned dragon. Pushing Amaria out solely for the farm would be... harsh.

Considering that Gethy is proficient with flowers, she is most likely the dragon that has been sending bouquets around, too. This would give new context to the bouquet Absalom received- fortune, patience, change- all would make sense if Gethy intended to take over the farm soon and perhaps offer him the Abalom the deal he couldn’t get from Amaria. Maybe Gethy also has affection for Absalom and wants control over the farm so that she has the authority to give him the business he wants.

Today’s Questions:
To Ayahuasca: “Do you have any idea why Gethsemane has been failing to pay Navarro? She seems nice enough a dragon.”

To Kratum: “What’s your impression of Gethemane and her temperament?

For others- my questions answers:
To Serqet, asking the identity of the yellow flower by the well and whether it has medicinal/toxic properties:
“hhhhhhh.... tigerlily.... toxic, but only to little things... little things that shouldn't eat them anyway. Cats. Dogs. Small familiars. To a dragon, not so much.”

To Gethsemane: Do you know if any local dragons grow tigerlillies?
“Oh, I do! I'm not a big farmer like Amaria, but I like to grow my own flowers too.”

To Aspanu: Does your current employer Absalom behave differently when he is drunk?
“Not especially, other than making bad business decisions.”

To Absalom: “What did you mean by Gethsemane ‘finally’ paid Navarro?”
"Oh, well, you know. Gethy is a nice enough gal, but she's an absolute flake on money matters. Runs the poor kid ragged for the effective worth of an IOU. Terrible, really. "
(Shame on you, Gethy! I rather like Navarro.)

To Gethsemane: “Do you ask Navarro to do tasks for you often?”
"Oh sure, she's actually very helpful to have around. "

To Ayahuasca:" Do you know what sort of tasks Gethsemane has been giving Navarro?"
“Little chore things, help with the garden, help with deliveries, some things she won't tell us about. Running her near to ragged with no reward at all, all because she's too meek to say no or confront her. Terrible, really.”

To Saint Snail: "Has anyone insulted you or your snails recently?"
“No, not recently.”
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
I'd like to use my other question from Thursday to ask Gethy if she does jobs for anyone besides Amaria! @acorncap
I'd like to use my other question from Thursday to ask Gethy if she does jobs for anyone besides Amaria! @acorncap
I’ll use my second question to ask Amaria whether people normally store water in their own houses or if it’s a weird thing to do!
I’ll use my second question to ask Amaria whether people normally store water in their own houses or if it’s a weird thing to do!
nightskyseer |answers to parts of username or Spectral|she/her/they/them | fr time +0
Apologies for the Discord crew for vanishing on you, but I'm traveling and haven't really got much time to theorize right now :/

My answers for Thursday and Wednesday:

Saint Snail, do you recognize what is depicted on the map in Gethsemane's hut? Can you tell us what it shows?
Hm, a map of the area, the farm... an idea of how and where to plant new plants. Plans for the future, maybe.

Serquet, do you know of any legends or rumours about the plot of land that is now Amaria's? Something about hidden treasures perhaps?
No legends, no rumors, no treasure but a rich earth and strong growth.

(Looks like my treasure seeker theory was just me overthinking things, aww)

Amaria, how did Gethy and you meet, i.e. how came she to work with you?
It wasn't anything too dramatic. She answered an ad I put out for new clanmembers, farmworkers, you know the like. There are lots of lonely dragons in the Everbloom, and lots of dragons in bigger clans looking for a smaller community to live in. She came from one of the former, I think, and we happened to work well together. I like to think we got rather close, what with it being a new farm and all.

Proudfoot, could you see what the barrels in Navarro's camp contained? At least the one that was open, maybe?
Seemed like just plain water to me.
Apologies for the Discord crew for vanishing on you, but I'm traveling and haven't really got much time to theorize right now :/

My answers for Thursday and Wednesday:

Saint Snail, do you recognize what is depicted on the map in Gethsemane's hut? Can you tell us what it shows?
Hm, a map of the area, the farm... an idea of how and where to plant new plants. Plans for the future, maybe.

Serquet, do you know of any legends or rumours about the plot of land that is now Amaria's? Something about hidden treasures perhaps?
No legends, no rumors, no treasure but a rich earth and strong growth.

(Looks like my treasure seeker theory was just me overthinking things, aww)

Amaria, how did Gethy and you meet, i.e. how came she to work with you?
It wasn't anything too dramatic. She answered an ad I put out for new clanmembers, farmworkers, you know the like. There are lots of lonely dragons in the Everbloom, and lots of dragons in bigger clans looking for a smaller community to live in. She came from one of the former, I think, and we happened to work well together. I like to think we got rather close, what with it being a new farm and all.

Proudfoot, could you see what the barrels in Navarro's camp contained? At least the one that was open, maybe?
Seemed like just plain water to me.
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
@Alastriona1 @AlchemyFox @citrinebumblebee @SilverQuark @AmethystOwl @YanderePower @Alastriona1 @LadyOfTheSkies @tigressRising @SleepyDrago @Hawkfeather @felistopaz @tulmultuous @zillagoddess @BlackRayser @CroisEnToi @StormDragon21 @Watercolour @SkyDancer10 @BrassicaOracle @Venusian @nightskyseer @Thewarywatcher13 @PinkyDaPinkSlime @Sidegrinder @HedwigHufflepuff @danijust @LilyDragonQueen @QueenNala? @Valyrie @TroubleinSevens @avocado333 @rubyredtan @prettyokayray @temp @Scatterspark @MandragoraAutumn @HelianthusNox @somnambulist @Joeydragonz @citrinebumblebee @BlazingSkyDragon @divitineo @alyblaith @HSoup @EurasianLynx @Rowan00

Okay, so, as I'm sure has been made clear by now, there is no update for today. Unfortunately, I've just got too much going on, and I'm not handling it as well as I thought I'd be able to, and it's not fair to keep everyone in the lurch while I sort myself out. I've got a pretty solid idea of where I went wrong this year, and most of it is internal stubbornness mixed with a little bad luck and timing.

I'm truly, genuinely sorry. This event means a lot to me, but I just haven't had the time or energy to run it the way it deserves to be run this year, so it will be ending a bit haphazardly, but. it will be ending normally. There will still be a winner, the promised prizes will still be distributed, and the traditional consolation prizes will be handed out as well. You have all the clues you need, and I'm going to give you one more day to put together your conclusions (Or, you can use the ones you put together today. I will be dropping the 'why' portion as a necessity, so long as you can determine the who, it will count), and I'm going to put together an ending that hopefully condenses the last couple days into something comprehensible.

One result of my negligence is that an inordinate number of questions have fallen through the cracks- I am still working my way through them, but I know I've lost some. If I have not managed to answer any of your questions through the week, please send them to me via PMs, and I will be sure to answer them before the event closes. I am currently finishing the ones on this page of the forum, and I have two sitting in my DMs.

Thank you so much for your patience with all this, and I hope to see you again next year for a hopefully more organized event.
@Alastriona1 @AlchemyFox @citrinebumblebee @SilverQuark @AmethystOwl @YanderePower @Alastriona1 @LadyOfTheSkies @tigressRising @SleepyDrago @Hawkfeather @felistopaz @tulmultuous @zillagoddess @BlackRayser @CroisEnToi @StormDragon21 @Watercolour @SkyDancer10 @BrassicaOracle @Venusian @nightskyseer @Thewarywatcher13 @PinkyDaPinkSlime @Sidegrinder @HedwigHufflepuff @danijust @LilyDragonQueen @QueenNala? @Valyrie @TroubleinSevens @avocado333 @rubyredtan @prettyokayray @temp @Scatterspark @MandragoraAutumn @HelianthusNox @somnambulist @Joeydragonz @citrinebumblebee @BlazingSkyDragon @divitineo @alyblaith @HSoup @EurasianLynx @Rowan00

Okay, so, as I'm sure has been made clear by now, there is no update for today. Unfortunately, I've just got too much going on, and I'm not handling it as well as I thought I'd be able to, and it's not fair to keep everyone in the lurch while I sort myself out. I've got a pretty solid idea of where I went wrong this year, and most of it is internal stubbornness mixed with a little bad luck and timing.

I'm truly, genuinely sorry. This event means a lot to me, but I just haven't had the time or energy to run it the way it deserves to be run this year, so it will be ending a bit haphazardly, but. it will be ending normally. There will still be a winner, the promised prizes will still be distributed, and the traditional consolation prizes will be handed out as well. You have all the clues you need, and I'm going to give you one more day to put together your conclusions (Or, you can use the ones you put together today. I will be dropping the 'why' portion as a necessity, so long as you can determine the who, it will count), and I'm going to put together an ending that hopefully condenses the last couple days into something comprehensible.

One result of my negligence is that an inordinate number of questions have fallen through the cracks- I am still working my way through them, but I know I've lost some. If I have not managed to answer any of your questions through the week, please send them to me via PMs, and I will be sure to answer them before the event closes. I am currently finishing the ones on this page of the forum, and I have two sitting in my DMs.

Thank you so much for your patience with all this, and I hope to see you again next year for a hopefully more organized event.
0lxtP1J.png
DAILY PUZZLE
It paints Navarro in the cloak + Gethy's familiar at the scene of the crime ruining the well. They ruined the well. Navarro was able to return the muddy cloak to Abasolum ie it was muddy due to the water of the well and the familiar left prints all over.

BONUS PUZZLE
I think the bouquet means that the person rejects Amaria as the farmer of the land she owns.

BIG PUZZLE
My guess is Gethy. It all makes sense. She and Amaria we're in it together before Amaria refused to expand the farm. So Gethy got booted and wants revenge. She does so by ruining the well. Of course the dragons that actually sabotaged the well were Navarro and Gethy's familiar. The cloak was then given to Abasolum after the crime was committed. With the stored up water she has she can build/refill the well when she inherits the farm. However I still think Abasolum is involved somehow?
DAILY PUZZLE
It paints Navarro in the cloak + Gethy's familiar at the scene of the crime ruining the well. They ruined the well. Navarro was able to return the muddy cloak to Abasolum ie it was muddy due to the water of the well and the familiar left prints all over.

BONUS PUZZLE
I think the bouquet means that the person rejects Amaria as the farmer of the land she owns.

BIG PUZZLE
My guess is Gethy. It all makes sense. She and Amaria we're in it together before Amaria refused to expand the farm. So Gethy got booted and wants revenge. She does so by ruining the well. Of course the dragons that actually sabotaged the well were Navarro and Gethy's familiar. The cloak was then given to Abasolum after the crime was committed. With the stored up water she has she can build/refill the well when she inherits the farm. However I still think Abasolum is involved somehow?
imp_1_latern_by_lifeisboredom-dalvsk4.png
Starfait
Real life always takes precedence! I hope everything works out in your favor. You always do a fantastic job on these and I'll be just as excited next year! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Real life always takes precedence! I hope everything works out in your favor. You always do a fantastic job on these and I'll be just as excited next year!
We understand! This has been great, and I hope everything in real life gets better. I’ll definitely want to do this next year!
We understand! This has been great, and I hope everything in real life gets better. I’ll definitely want to do this next year!
nightskyseer |answers to parts of username or Spectral|she/her/they/them | fr time +0
Regardless, it's been fun so far! Thanks for putting in the effort and I really appreciate all the work you've been able to do in spite of what's going on with you irl.

Regardless, it's been fun so far! Thanks for putting in the effort and I really appreciate all the work you've been able to do in spite of what's going on with you irl.

KoXrWQ6.gif Silanahredwing@tumblr || Art tag

Cauldron || Dragon Boarding || PWYW sketches || Art Shop

FR time +3
If you need me, ping @ KIBETH (formerly Tulmultuous).
@acorncap

Big Puzzle:
Gethy is definitely the mastermind. I'm starting to doubt that Navarro really had anything to do with it though. Maybe Gethy let her Bear lose on purpose, and Navarro just caught it and brought it back. Maybe finally getting payed and the water barrels were hush money.

Gethy wants to expand the business and make more money. She invited Abslom to the area because she wanted him to make a deal with the farm. Amaria isn't cooperating though, so driving her off is the back up plan.
@acorncap

Big Puzzle:
Gethy is definitely the mastermind. I'm starting to doubt that Navarro really had anything to do with it though. Maybe Gethy let her Bear lose on purpose, and Navarro just caught it and brought it back. Maybe finally getting payed and the water barrels were hush money.

Gethy wants to expand the business and make more money. She invited Abslom to the area because she wanted him to make a deal with the farm. Amaria isn't cooperating though, so driving her off is the back up plan.
163mug.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28