Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Closed]
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 36 37
@Shadowsole
What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF Moment Has stood out the most to you? In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you? I wanna hear all the great things you guys love about the series
I actually really liked the Dorne arc in the books, but unfortunately I'm getting pretty disappointed from season 8 so far ):

I love the lore behind the dragons, and reading about all of them. Balerion is a good boye <3
@Shadowsole
What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF Moment Has stood out the most to you? In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you? I wanna hear all the great things you guys love about the series
I actually really liked the Dorne arc in the books, but unfortunately I'm getting pretty disappointed from season 8 so far ):

I love the lore behind the dragons, and reading about all of them. Balerion is a good boye <3
D7wuvpn.png
UGH. I loathed this episode so much. It just didn't make any sense to me and was so completely out of character. This season in general hasn't been great.

@shadowsole

Pretty much everything involving Dany up to this season. The scene in the first season final where she hatches the dragons. All her 3rd season scenes. I just love her character and the journey she's gone on.
UGH. I loathed this episode so much. It just didn't make any sense to me and was so completely out of character. This season in general hasn't been great.

@shadowsole

Pretty much everything involving Dany up to this season. The scene in the first season final where she hatches the dragons. All her 3rd season scenes. I just love her character and the journey she's gone on.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
[quote]What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF Moment Has stood out the most to you? In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you? I wanna hear all the great things you guys love about the series[/quote] I'm not sure about moments per se, but my favourite thing is that the books create a world that is fantasy, yet at the same time the most realistic world in fisction. The good guy doesn't always win. There's more than one valid potential heir/bloodline. It gets messy and that is real life. And that's ok. I've not expressed that very well, but I love these books for it.
Quote:

I'm not sure about moments per se, but my favourite thing is that the books create a world that is fantasy, yet at the same time the most realistic world in fisction. The good guy doesn't always win. There's more than one valid potential heir/bloodline. It gets messy and that is real life. And that's ok.

I've not expressed that very well, but I love these books for it.
GG24 Cicada Confluence Signature Graphic D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
@Shadowsole

What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF moment has stood out the most to you? In universe, out of universe, what's your favorite thing the series has given you?

I'm sorry, I had to make a list.
  • Brienne of Tarth. I already loved her in the books, but then they cast Gwendoline Christie and I was done for. Warrior women characters make me happy anyhow, but she has a real sweetness, nobility, and naivete to her that make her special to me. I have a soft spot for characters who relentlessly try to do the right thing, even when that's difficult or inadvisable.
  • On that note, the entire Stark family. A family of noble idiots. I love them and support them even when their insistence on doing the "right" thing is clearly the absolute dumbest thing they could do. Jon Snow is 1000% the son of Ned Stark, I don't care who his actual biological father is.
  • In the books, I love that the Stark kids are all capable of warging into their direwolves, not just Bran. It made for some interesting chapters written from the POV of a wolf with a human's mind taking it over. I know why it's not in the show - it's tough to translate that kind of thing to the screen - but I still feel we lost something when that wasn't addressed.
@Shadowsole

What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF moment has stood out the most to you? In universe, out of universe, what's your favorite thing the series has given you?

I'm sorry, I had to make a list.
  • Brienne of Tarth. I already loved her in the books, but then they cast Gwendoline Christie and I was done for. Warrior women characters make me happy anyhow, but she has a real sweetness, nobility, and naivete to her that make her special to me. I have a soft spot for characters who relentlessly try to do the right thing, even when that's difficult or inadvisable.
  • On that note, the entire Stark family. A family of noble idiots. I love them and support them even when their insistence on doing the "right" thing is clearly the absolute dumbest thing they could do. Jon Snow is 1000% the son of Ned Stark, I don't care who his actual biological father is.
  • In the books, I love that the Stark kids are all capable of warging into their direwolves, not just Bran. It made for some interesting chapters written from the POV of a wolf with a human's mind taking it over. I know why it's not in the show - it's tough to translate that kind of thing to the screen - but I still feel we lost something when that wasn't addressed.
ASOIAF:

I'm a big fan of the dragons in GOT, so I loved the scene where Drogon basically destroys King's Landing.

(Also when Dany hatches the dragon egg, that was a seriously neat scene.)
ASOIAF:

I'm a big fan of the dragons in GOT, so I loved the scene where Drogon basically destroys King's Landing.

(Also when Dany hatches the dragon egg, that was a seriously neat scene.)
kMxWaq5.png LOL > Formerly BORKBEAN
> FRT +0 | He/Him
> Buying FEST CURRENCY | ACCENTS | WISHLIST

The moment Dany walked out of the fire with those dragons. Cause dragons :')
The Starks finding those Dire Wolves and everything that happened with them.
So big big big on the dragons and the dire wolves and everything that happened with them all the event around them.
Also the red wedding of course, such a major one.
I loved also all the scenes from behind the wall, John with the wildlings, Bran's trip beyond the wall. (We still miss you Hodor :') )
Arya's journey too.
There just have been way too many things to all mention them.

The moment Dany walked out of the fire with those dragons. Cause dragons :')
The Starks finding those Dire Wolves and everything that happened with them.
So big big big on the dragons and the dire wolves and everything that happened with them all the event around them.
Also the red wedding of course, such a major one.
I loved also all the scenes from behind the wall, John with the wildlings, Bran's trip beyond the wall. (We still miss you Hodor :') )
Arya's journey too.
There just have been way too many things to all mention them.
+9 FR time
@Shadowsole

Weekly: What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF Moment Has stood out the most to you? In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you? I wanna hear all the great things you guys love about the series

Ugh, trying to think about good things after last night's insult...
Sigh.

Well, there's lots of good moments. I think the costume and set designs for the show were A+++++

As I'm thinking about your questions, I'm thinking about the different grand/mothers in the show and book and how different they are.
Catelyn, Dany, Cersei, Ellaria, Olenna, Selyse, Lysa, Gilly... as maiden, mother, and crone; as lady, queen, and khaleesi.
Ruling styles, parenting styles, and choices - it's really interesting to see how they play out and the importance the women have.

@Shadowsole

Weekly: What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF Moment Has stood out the most to you? In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you? I wanna hear all the great things you guys love about the series

Ugh, trying to think about good things after last night's insult...
Sigh.

Well, there's lots of good moments. I think the costume and set designs for the show were A+++++

As I'm thinking about your questions, I'm thinking about the different grand/mothers in the show and book and how different they are.
Catelyn, Dany, Cersei, Ellaria, Olenna, Selyse, Lysa, Gilly... as maiden, mother, and crone; as lady, queen, and khaleesi.
Ruling styles, parenting styles, and choices - it's really interesting to see how they play out and the importance the women have.

TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
@Shadowsole

This series has given me an emotional rollercoaster ride with Jamie Lanister. Not so much a sorrowful one, but one that I'm rooting for him and then wanting to slap him for the decisions he makes
@Shadowsole

This series has given me an emotional rollercoaster ride with Jamie Lanister. Not so much a sorrowful one, but one that I'm rooting for him and then wanting to slap him for the decisions he makes
Unnamed.pngUnnamed2.png
-- || Instagram
The moment that stood out the most for me was understanding that Jamie is a better person than some make him out to be. That he killed the king because he was mad.. and wanted to burn all of Kingslanding to the ground.

He didn't do it for his family or anything else, but to save millions of people within the city.
The moment that stood out the most for me was understanding that Jamie is a better person than some make him out to be. That he killed the king because he was mad.. and wanted to burn all of Kingslanding to the ground.

He didn't do it for his family or anything else, but to save millions of people within the city.
The dragons. The dragons stood out the MOST to me. I absolutely love dragons so anything that has them I will watch.
The dragons. The dragons stood out the MOST to me. I absolutely love dragons so anything that has them I will watch.
ZNhRsiG.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 36 37