Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Closed]
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 36 37
@Shadowsole

To me, what stood out the most was actually the latest episode since there were so many things that happened. The whole thing about Missandei, her 2nd dragon, and the news about Jon. Everything is going downhill for Daenerys, but she really didn't need to do what she did. I think Jon is an idiot for not listening to his siblings and now look at how things turned out! I also think it's Sansa's fault for opening her mouth and it was just the icing on the cake to break Daenerys.

The Prophecy.. It is almost time..
@Shadowsole

To me, what stood out the most was actually the latest episode since there were so many things that happened. The whole thing about Missandei, her 2nd dragon, and the news about Jon. Everything is going downhill for Daenerys, but she really didn't need to do what she did. I think Jon is an idiot for not listening to his siblings and now look at how things turned out! I also think it's Sansa's fault for opening her mouth and it was just the icing on the cake to break Daenerys.

The Prophecy.. It is almost time..
swirly2.png

Hachery
Wishlist

Hello, I'm Kanna.
[She.Her.Hers.Herself]
FR +3

ACzbPdQ.gif
image.png
@Shadowsole

What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF Moment Has stood out the most to you? In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you?

I love all the fantasy aspects of the universe. The big dragons down to the smallest like the wargs, the three eyed raven, the children of the forest and the terror that the night king and the white walkers brought to the world. I'm so fond of fantasy because its different from the real world. My reality is sad and boring. Even though game of thrones/ASOIAF is not the brightest universe, I like being immersed into it.
@Shadowsole

What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF Moment Has stood out the most to you? In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you?

I love all the fantasy aspects of the universe. The big dragons down to the smallest like the wargs, the three eyed raven, the children of the forest and the terror that the night king and the white walkers brought to the world. I'm so fond of fantasy because its different from the real world. My reality is sad and boring. Even though game of thrones/ASOIAF is not the brightest universe, I like being immersed into it.
eUMpoZl.png‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎
Gem Exchange
Toyhouse‎‎
DragCave
Wishlist
Projects
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ SrZlsqf.png
@Shadowsole

honestly, i don't even want to watch the last episode. ;; i'm so disappointed with everything they've done.

one of my favorite moments from the entire series was when the hound and arya were traveling by themselves and got into that little tussle with the king's men. the hound's nonchalant threats regarding having to eat every chicken in the tavern if the guard didn't shut his -- mouth still kills me. and, of course, arya's vengeance kill with needle was spectacular.

i can't wait for game of thrones: brotherhood to come out in a few years lol.
@Shadowsole

honestly, i don't even want to watch the last episode. ;; i'm so disappointed with everything they've done.

one of my favorite moments from the entire series was when the hound and arya were traveling by themselves and got into that little tussle with the king's men. the hound's nonchalant threats regarding having to eat every chicken in the tavern if the guard didn't shut his -- mouth still kills me. and, of course, arya's vengeance kill with needle was spectacular.

i can't wait for game of thrones: brotherhood to come out in a few years lol.
OXTATVe.png
bump
bump
#unnamedisNOTvalid
Please ping me for all fourm responses.
7AJIzEM.png?2.png
@Shadowsole

WOW. What an episode.

Not one I particularly enjoyed, story-wise, since I never like the episodes where innocents die (and despite what some people have been claiming, there have been a LOT of times where that has happened--and many of them WERE courtesy of Danerys) but classic Game of Thrones, all the way. And it wasn't like Dany hasn't been showing her tendency to go overboard with avenging those she cares about, and/or setting fire to things and people all along. From the very beginning, with the Blood Mage and then the Sorcerers in the Tower, to the Masters of the Unsullied and the Dothraki leadership, her love of using fire for revenge, and to make a point, has been clear. So while I wish she had outgrown the temper tantrums, I'm not surprised she set King's Landing alight.

I did feel a bit cheated with Cersei, though. If the woman died in that collapse, then drat, drat, and triple drat. I wanted to watch her suffer, not just see falling stone and that's it. And now I'm worried for Tyrion. I doubt that Dany will forgive his releasing Jaime very easily...if at all. But I was very happy to see Euron and Qyburn bite it. And good riddance to the undead Mountain!

As for the question...its really two questions, I think...

What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF Moment Has stood out the most to you?

Believe it or not, it's a small scene all the way in the beginning, in both the book and the show: "Stick'em with the pointy end!"

I just love everything about this scene, and what it shows. On the surface, its a funny moment between two lovable characters. But its a lot more than that. Jon asked a Winterfell Smith to make a sword specifically for Arya. Which gives a look at the loving big brother looking to give his little sister some help to fulfill her dream, and also to protect herself at King's Landing...and a glimpse of the loyalty that the Starks have for each other, and the Winterfell servants have for the Starks, even those with the last name "Snow." After all, making a sword for a Lord's daughter is not "proper," and could be problematic, but the Smith does not even balk at the idea when Jon asks. He just does it.

Most of all, though, I love the glimpse of the two sides of young Arya: The fierce little girl wants to become a warrior when she grows up, but she's so innocent that all she really knows about fighting is that you stick "them" with the "pointy end." Wonderful!

And I very much enjoyed the "flashback" moment, earlier this season, where Arya passed on that advice to Sansa, and somewhat brought things full circle. Now Arya is the fighter offering a weapon to a novice in the way of sword--or knife--fighting. And, like Jon before her, she's doing it to protect and help a family member she loves.

In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you?

Oh boy...Direwolves bonding with humans...magic cropping up all over the place...dragons...and the idea that legends can truly come to life under the right circumstances...a true epic of massive proportions...and finally, no really "good" or "evil" characters, which makes everything much more believable, and fun to read/watch, as each character is constantly evolving, and showing another facet of themselves.

There is probably more, but that is what comes to mind right away. (Oh, and if the question were who is your favorite character...Tyrion, Jon Snow, Jorah Mormont, Danerys. Though not neccessarily in that order.)
@Shadowsole

WOW. What an episode.

Not one I particularly enjoyed, story-wise, since I never like the episodes where innocents die (and despite what some people have been claiming, there have been a LOT of times where that has happened--and many of them WERE courtesy of Danerys) but classic Game of Thrones, all the way. And it wasn't like Dany hasn't been showing her tendency to go overboard with avenging those she cares about, and/or setting fire to things and people all along. From the very beginning, with the Blood Mage and then the Sorcerers in the Tower, to the Masters of the Unsullied and the Dothraki leadership, her love of using fire for revenge, and to make a point, has been clear. So while I wish she had outgrown the temper tantrums, I'm not surprised she set King's Landing alight.

I did feel a bit cheated with Cersei, though. If the woman died in that collapse, then drat, drat, and triple drat. I wanted to watch her suffer, not just see falling stone and that's it. And now I'm worried for Tyrion. I doubt that Dany will forgive his releasing Jaime very easily...if at all. But I was very happy to see Euron and Qyburn bite it. And good riddance to the undead Mountain!

As for the question...its really two questions, I think...

Believe it or not, it's a small scene all the way in the beginning, in both the book and the show: "Stick'em with the pointy end!"

I just love everything about this scene, and what it shows. On the surface, its a funny moment between two lovable characters. But its a lot more than that. Jon asked a Winterfell Smith to make a sword specifically for Arya. Which gives a look at the loving big brother looking to give his little sister some help to fulfill her dream, and also to protect herself at King's Landing...and a glimpse of the loyalty that the Starks have for each other, and the Winterfell servants have for the Starks, even those with the last name "Snow." After all, making a sword for a Lord's daughter is not "proper," and could be problematic, but the Smith does not even balk at the idea when Jon asks. He just does it.

Most of all, though, I love the glimpse of the two sides of young Arya: The fierce little girl wants to become a warrior when she grows up, but she's so innocent that all she really knows about fighting is that you stick "them" with the "pointy end." Wonderful!

And I very much enjoyed the "flashback" moment, earlier this season, where Arya passed on that advice to Sansa, and somewhat brought things full circle. Now Arya is the fighter offering a weapon to a novice in the way of sword--or knife--fighting. And, like Jon before her, she's doing it to protect and help a family member she loves.

In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you?

Oh boy...Direwolves bonding with humans...magic cropping up all over the place...dragons...and the idea that legends can truly come to life under the right circumstances...a true epic of massive proportions...and finally, no really "good" or "evil" characters, which makes everything much more believable, and fun to read/watch, as each character is constantly evolving, and showing another facet of themselves.

There is probably more, but that is what comes to mind right away. (Oh, and if the question were who is your favorite character...Tyrion, Jon Snow, Jorah Mormont, Danerys. Though not neccessarily in that order.)
fw5Pc0h.png
@Shadowsole [b]What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF Moment Has stood out the most to you?[/b] there are a few moments that really stick out to me. This is going to sound so simple but... I loved Jon and Dany riding the Dragons together. "You've ruined horses for me." everything was so peaceful, so happy, even just for a moment. I'm also part of the 'didn't enjoy the bells' squad, so I'm pretty bummed. I'm really not looking forward to seeing my favourite character die next episode :P [b] In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you? [/b] An escape. The Universe is so deep, so complex, it's taken me away from myself and given me a place to hide from my issues. No matter the outcome of the series and whether I'm happy or not, that will never change. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Shadowsole

there are a few moments that really stick out to me. This is going to sound so simple but... I loved Jon and Dany riding the Dragons together. "You've ruined horses for me."
everything was so peaceful, so happy, even just for a moment.

I'm also part of the 'didn't enjoy the bells' squad, so I'm pretty bummed. I'm really not looking forward to seeing my favourite character die next episode :P

An escape. The Universe is so deep, so complex, it's taken me away from myself and given me a place to hide from my issues. No matter the outcome of the series and whether I'm happy or not, that will never change.
QcmVjST.png
@Shadowsole
As for the weekly question, I didn't read the books yet, so I'll only talk from the show's perspective.
It was when the Hound hesitated to get in that one cottage, next to which he later burried the farmer and his daughter in the snowstorm. The ones he robbed of their last money seasons ago. The moment he recognizes the place and later sees the bodies was impactful.
The scene ensured I will have higher standards and expectations for any future character development in any story.
@Shadowsole
As for the weekly question, I didn't read the books yet, so I'll only talk from the show's perspective.
It was when the Hound hesitated to get in that one cottage, next to which he later burried the farmer and his daughter in the snowstorm. The ones he robbed of their last money seasons ago. The moment he recognizes the place and later sees the bodies was impactful.
The scene ensured I will have higher standards and expectations for any future character development in any story.
What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF Moment Has stood out the most to you? In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you? I wanna hear all the great things you guys love about the series

What I love most about this series is that no one is perfectly perfect. Everyone has some serious flaws. And so, especially in the books, the story was not from just one point of view. Everyone has a story to tell. What I love is the complete unpredictability of it all. Just when it seems to be going one way, there is suddenly a turn, and suddenly you see that you missed all the signs.

The moment that stands out for me the most was Dany in the tent with all the Krals, being obstructionist until they decided she couldn't even stay with the old ladies. And you see her hand trailing along the the edge of the brazier. And suddenly you remember that she can't be harmed by fire and know in that instant that those arrogant men are toast. One after another is sent crashing to the floor and the next thing you know there is this marvelous image of her walking out of the flames naked, and all the Dothraki bending the knee. That was quite impressive.

Notice how much of her personality is wrapped up in and reviewed in that scene.

His writing is wonderful.
What Game of Thrones or ASOIAF Moment Has stood out the most to you? In universe, out of universe, What your Favorite thing the series has given you? I wanna hear all the great things you guys love about the series

What I love most about this series is that no one is perfectly perfect. Everyone has some serious flaws. And so, especially in the books, the story was not from just one point of view. Everyone has a story to tell. What I love is the complete unpredictability of it all. Just when it seems to be going one way, there is suddenly a turn, and suddenly you see that you missed all the signs.

The moment that stands out for me the most was Dany in the tent with all the Krals, being obstructionist until they decided she couldn't even stay with the old ladies. And you see her hand trailing along the the edge of the brazier. And suddenly you remember that she can't be harmed by fire and know in that instant that those arrogant men are toast. One after another is sent crashing to the floor and the next thing you know there is this marvelous image of her walking out of the flames naked, and all the Dothraki bending the knee. That was quite impressive.

Notice how much of her personality is wrapped up in and reviewed in that scene.

His writing is wonderful.
Kleos
The pursuit and celebration of glorious action. Those who pursue Kleos must be willing to leave everything behind, seeking glory above all else. Those who achieve Kleos are heroes. They have become immortal through their actions and achieve the immortal honor of serving the glory of Glittermom, the Light Weaver.
Eternal renown, immortal fame - - Kleos is imperishable
@Shadowsole

Weekly question! I'd like to start off by saying I was extremely disappointed with the recent episode, and honestly all the episodes after 3 this season. It just all feels so forced. I've dedicated so many hours to this show and to have them basically rewrite all these characters I've fallen in love and grown with into something more to move the plot along instead of true to their selves breaks my heart. That wasn't the Tyrion, Dany, and Jaime I bonded with over the seasons. That was a forced mad Queen that was as OOC as they get despite their best efforts at 'foreshadowing'. Tyrion is more clever than how he's been written this season. And I can't believe after all this time spent on Jaime's transformative character arc (not to mention that whole Brienne storyline) that the writers would be like 'JK never mind he's actually the same guy he was lol'. I also hate that after all this time they wouldn't even let me have a satisfying end to Cersei.

As for huge moments I've loved well, I haven't touched the books in quite a few years but my favorite moments this far would have to be in no particular order: Arya killing the Night King, Arya killing the waif, Arya killing the Old Frey Man, Dany walking from the fire with her baby dragons, Ramsey's Death, Dany killing the Khals, and Dany freeing the Unsullied and defeating the slave masters.
@Shadowsole

Weekly question! I'd like to start off by saying I was extremely disappointed with the recent episode, and honestly all the episodes after 3 this season. It just all feels so forced. I've dedicated so many hours to this show and to have them basically rewrite all these characters I've fallen in love and grown with into something more to move the plot along instead of true to their selves breaks my heart. That wasn't the Tyrion, Dany, and Jaime I bonded with over the seasons. That was a forced mad Queen that was as OOC as they get despite their best efforts at 'foreshadowing'. Tyrion is more clever than how he's been written this season. And I can't believe after all this time spent on Jaime's transformative character arc (not to mention that whole Brienne storyline) that the writers would be like 'JK never mind he's actually the same guy he was lol'. I also hate that after all this time they wouldn't even let me have a satisfying end to Cersei.

As for huge moments I've loved well, I haven't touched the books in quite a few years but my favorite moments this far would have to be in no particular order: Arya killing the Night King, Arya killing the waif, Arya killing the Old Frey Man, Dany walking from the fire with her baby dragons, Ramsey's Death, Dany killing the Khals, and Dany freeing the Unsullied and defeating the slave masters.
y7z4RJK.png
@Shadowsole Weekly question time!

My favorite moment was seeing the army of White Walkers for the very first time. I know they're essentially just frozen zombies, haha, but something about the way they were visually presented creeps me out ever time!
@Shadowsole Weekly question time!

My favorite moment was seeing the army of White Walkers for the very first time. I know they're essentially just frozen zombies, haha, but something about the way they were visually presented creeps me out ever time!
c7f927562db794324e2d8df76f939ee553b9c321.png
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 36 37