Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [FSC] Familiar Scrying Club
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[center][size=5][b]Hiatus/Retirement[/b][/size][/center] Based on my lack of activity, I'm sure no one is surprised, but... I need to take an extended hiatus from the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2406476]Familiar Scrying Club[/url] and the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2418613]Familiar Hatchery Club[/url]. I've been doing it for a year now, which I'm pretty proud of; I'm really great at starting projects, whereas maintaining them is way harder for me. But I'm finding I've finally hit burnout and can't push through it anymore, and real world stuff (work, relationships, health, other hobbies) is needing too much of my time and energy, I don't have enough to spare for these projects right now. I will try to finish out the two unfinished challenges (tally votes and post results for [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2662844]Week 55 - Wavecrest Scrying Challenge[/url] and set up voting for [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2677158]Week 56 - Clouded Mith, Clown Hippocampus, Cockatrice[/url]), hopefully over the next week or so. If anyone wants to take on either of these projects, I have all the code and instructions in Google Drive, and can pass them on easily. I just need to finish the tutorial for the FSC challenges, which is mostly complete. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll come back to this eventually; let me know if you want on or off the pinglist for if/when I'm able to take these projects on again. [center][b][size=5]Familiar Scrying Club[/size][/b][/center] What the Familar Scrying Club requires (and if you make adaptations to how it runs so it runs smoother/easier/cooler/less work for you, then awesome): [list][*] Weekly posting of scrying challenges - must be able to do at least a find+replace in BBcode. [*] Creating the entry summary and voting survey each week for scrying challenge: [list][*] Must be able to resize and arrange dragon images into a single image, which requires an image editing program like Photoshop, Pixelmator, or GIMP and the very basic use of those programs, e.g.: use simple layers, resize and reposition image layers, export as .png format. [*] Must be able to format a Google Forms survey (format is already provided, just takes making a copy of the survey and updating the relevant info). [*] Must be able to host the voting summary images (I use Flickr, which is free) and embed them into the scrying challenge thread.[/list] [*] Tallying and posting the voting results each week for scrying challenge - must be able to read a Google Forms survey and do some very basic addition. [*] Updating the Familiar Scrying Club's main thread each week with links to the challenges, links to the challenge voting, and using [s]strikethrough[/s] and a link on the Familiars post to update which familiars have been scried. [*] Updating the Familiars post with any new familiars that get added to Flight Rising.[/list] [center][b][size=5]Familiar Hatchery Club[/size][/b][/center] What the Familiar Hatchery Club requires (and if you make adaptations to how it runs so it runs smoother/easier/cooler/less work for you, then awesome): [list][*] Updating the Familiar Hatchery Club each week with the winning familiar scries from the FSC - requires basic BBcode knowledge. [*] Optionally, making a post each week with the Familiar Scrying Club's winning familiar scries, their colors, and the rarity/commonality of those dragon colors on Flight Rising at the time. (I like doing this, but it's not really necessary.) [*] When players claim a familiar scry, checking that it isn't already claimed, then responding to them and acknowledging their claim. (I do this as a mass weekly update, or tried to anyway; responding as each one came in was a lot for me so I did a big response/update post weekly-ish.) [*] Updating the familiar scry database with familiar status as players claim familiars, relinquish familiars, or finish familiar dragon pairs. [*] Updating the member list with player membership status, familiars claimed/completed, date they claimed the familiars if the familiar pair isn't complete yet, links to their quest threads/hatcheries/whatever link they want to list in their Membership section. [*] Pinging players of expiring claims (which expire every 3 months/90 days) to see if they want to renew their familiar claim; updating those claims as they renew or relinquish. [*] Putting in art orders for completed familiars. (I am happy to continue to fund these orders with gems, just link me to the artist's bill.) [*] Hosting the art somewhere linkable. (I use Flickr.) Sharing the art results on the thread and tagging the players who host the relevant familiar pairs.[/list] [center][b][size=5]Appreciation, Request, Pinglist[/size][/b][/center] Thank you to everyone who's participated at any point in the past year. It's been a lot of fun and really rewarding! Wouldn't have happened without such engagement and participation from so many players. Many thanks to @woolly who already took over the [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2638909]FHC Sales Hub[/url][/b] and is doing a fantastic job. They also volunteered to help out on occasion with the FSC challenges and then I dropped the ball on providing everything they'd need to do so, which I hope to fix soon. Let me know if you're interested and I'm happy to pass any of these off to you! All I ask is that if you too burn out, that you update the Google Drive with the latest code used, and pass it to someone else, or back to me so I can take it back over or find someone else to do so. Pinglist: [size=2]@DuskAwakening @ILUVDRAGONS @Krakatoaa @Sabon @3idolon @BezimiennyRaptor @LucidFeathers @Meirya @Limanya @NocturnistheDark @Shikieiki @Ithelweex @Wulfgang @Timelesswanderer @Lightningwind @Familiars @Pyromancy @Farfelee @quilliper @DanielXDagaz @ArcticFire @Emmie @Lela125 @EarthTiger @Offling @Aikoll @thace @Persiflage @TheAwesoMew @Divis @Crytoflyte @MissMaira @Losina @Cheshly @Solanceae @GeriVl @Bwee @Alyxzero @Hmm @BoggyMcBogface @Amerie @Irien @SparkleOfGold @Safaris @EgoLobster @FlufferLover @UnbalancedBlasty @excessnight @Ain @Dimness @cytotoxic @Peazilla @HSoup @megalizardon4736 @Awesomerules @tenworms @Agelaius @smthelj @Foxwolf273 @Karrikut @pythonesque @tilkka @Alcorin @Sachqua @Nethys @Lisegathe @Eudaimonia @NuclearFudge @Jaspernoir @Saraceaser @PsFox @Vader @Yanisha @MissNevermind @Amezrou @Alize @WishUponADragon @Marrigan @LaDjanny @tomfool @StarN1ght @avocado333 @threepigeons @irishsparkle @Bodmhall @take2thesky @LoversMasque @WolfRebel0 @pIanetarium @Narelle @Dragonfruiteen @MessengerDragon @Miakemi @Xilea @Surreptitious @Gothwaldo @Vendrus @KyuuBird @FireHeartSong @StormyDragonGirl @Redfern @Kaidi @MeStitch @Phyllored @CheetahCat @B0RED0MPAW @mayanaz @Kizzura @PoodleDoodles @idlewildly @FantasyMyth @wyvernaura888 @faebeats @CowboyMouth @greaticy @MagicMistle @AsterTheOrca @dragongem23 @Ogord @GeckoSon @Kawaiicoco789 @Xocea @KrazKitCat @xBleedingHeartsx @Satharen @Hikaruna @NerraVostra @Ankhiale86 @jamesfitz3 @TheLastDelta @StormHeart413 @magicrystal1123 @CroisEnToi[/size]
Hiatus/Retirement

Based on my lack of activity, I'm sure no one is surprised, but... I need to take an extended hiatus from the Familiar Scrying Club and the Familiar Hatchery Club.

I've been doing it for a year now, which I'm pretty proud of; I'm really great at starting projects, whereas maintaining them is way harder for me. But I'm finding I've finally hit burnout and can't push through it anymore, and real world stuff (work, relationships, health, other hobbies) is needing too much of my time and energy, I don't have enough to spare for these projects right now.

I will try to finish out the two unfinished challenges (tally votes and post results for Week 55 - Wavecrest Scrying Challenge and set up voting for Week 56 - Clouded Mith, Clown Hippocampus, Cockatrice), hopefully over the next week or so.

If anyone wants to take on either of these projects, I have all the code and instructions in Google Drive, and can pass them on easily. I just need to finish the tutorial for the FSC challenges, which is mostly complete. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll come back to this eventually; let me know if you want on or off the pinglist for if/when I'm able to take these projects on again.
Familiar Scrying Club

What the Familar Scrying Club requires (and if you make adaptations to how it runs so it runs smoother/easier/cooler/less work for you, then awesome):
  • Weekly posting of scrying challenges - must be able to do at least a find+replace in BBcode.
  • Creating the entry summary and voting survey each week for scrying challenge:
    • Must be able to resize and arrange dragon images into a single image, which requires an image editing program like Photoshop, Pixelmator, or GIMP and the very basic use of those programs, e.g.: use simple layers, resize and reposition image layers, export as .png format.
    • Must be able to format a Google Forms survey (format is already provided, just takes making a copy of the survey and updating the relevant info).
    • Must be able to host the voting summary images (I use Flickr, which is free) and embed them into the scrying challenge thread.
  • Tallying and posting the voting results each week for scrying challenge - must be able to read a Google Forms survey and do some very basic addition.
  • Updating the Familiar Scrying Club's main thread each week with links to the challenges, links to the challenge voting, and using strikethrough and a link on the Familiars post to update which familiars have been scried.
  • Updating the Familiars post with any new familiars that get added to Flight Rising.
Familiar Hatchery Club

What the Familiar Hatchery Club requires (and if you make adaptations to how it runs so it runs smoother/easier/cooler/less work for you, then awesome):
  • Updating the Familiar Hatchery Club each week with the winning familiar scries from the FSC - requires basic BBcode knowledge.
  • Optionally, making a post each week with the Familiar Scrying Club's winning familiar scries, their colors, and the rarity/commonality of those dragon colors on Flight Rising at the time. (I like doing this, but it's not really necessary.)
  • When players claim a familiar scry, checking that it isn't already claimed, then responding to them and acknowledging their claim. (I do this as a mass weekly update, or tried to anyway; responding as each one came in was a lot for me so I did a big response/update post weekly-ish.)
  • Updating the familiar scry database with familiar status as players claim familiars, relinquish familiars, or finish familiar dragon pairs.
  • Updating the member list with player membership status, familiars claimed/completed, date they claimed the familiars if the familiar pair isn't complete yet, links to their quest threads/hatcheries/whatever link they want to list in their Membership section.
  • Pinging players of expiring claims (which expire every 3 months/90 days) to see if they want to renew their familiar claim; updating those claims as they renew or relinquish.
  • Putting in art orders for completed familiars. (I am happy to continue to fund these orders with gems, just link me to the artist's bill.)
  • Hosting the art somewhere linkable. (I use Flickr.) Sharing the art results on the thread and tagging the players who host the relevant familiar pairs.
Appreciation, Request, Pinglist

Thank you to everyone who's participated at any point in the past year. It's been a lot of fun and really rewarding! Wouldn't have happened without such engagement and participation from so many players.

Many thanks to @woolly who already took over the FHC Sales Hub and is doing a fantastic job. They also volunteered to help out on occasion with the FSC challenges and then I dropped the ball on providing everything they'd need to do so, which I hope to fix soon.

Let me know if you're interested and I'm happy to pass any of these off to you! All I ask is that if you too burn out, that you update the Google Drive with the latest code used, and pass it to someone else, or back to me so I can take it back over or find someone else to do so.

Pinglist: @DuskAwakening @ILUVDRAGONS @Krakatoaa @Sabon @3idolon @BezimiennyRaptor @LucidFeathers @Meirya @Limanya @NocturnistheDark @Shikieiki @Ithelweex @Wulfgang @Timelesswanderer @Lightningwind @Familiars @Pyromancy @Farfelee @quilliper @DanielXDagaz @ArcticFire @Emmie @Lela125 @EarthTiger @Offling @Aikoll @thace @Persiflage @TheAwesoMew @Divis @Crytoflyte @MissMaira @Losina @Cheshly @Solanceae @GeriVl @Bwee @Alyxzero @Hmm @BoggyMcBogface @Amerie @Irien @SparkleOfGold @Safaris @EgoLobster @FlufferLover @UnbalancedBlasty @excessnight @Ain @Dimness @cytotoxic @Peazilla @HSoup @megalizardon4736 @Awesomerules @tenworms @Agelaius @smthelj @Foxwolf273 @Karrikut @pythonesque @tilkka @Alcorin @Sachqua @Nethys @Lisegathe @Eudaimonia @NuclearFudge @Jaspernoir @Saraceaser @PsFox @Vader @Yanisha @MissNevermind @Amezrou @Alize @WishUponADragon @Marrigan @LaDjanny @tomfool @StarN1ght @avocado333 @threepigeons @irishsparkle @Bodmhall @take2thesky @LoversMasque @WolfRebel0 @pIanetarium @Narelle @Dragonfruiteen @MessengerDragon @Miakemi @Xilea @Surreptitious @Gothwaldo @Vendrus @KyuuBird @FireHeartSong @StormyDragonGirl @Redfern @Kaidi @MeStitch @Phyllored @CheetahCat @B0RED0MPAW @mayanaz @Kizzura @PoodleDoodles @idlewildly @FantasyMyth @wyvernaura888 @faebeats @CowboyMouth @greaticy @MagicMistle @AsterTheOrca @dragongem23 @Ogord @GeckoSon @Kawaiicoco789 @Xocea @KrazKitCat @xBleedingHeartsx @Satharen @Hikaruna @NerraVostra @Ankhiale86 @jamesfitz3 @TheLastDelta @StormHeart413 @magicrystal1123 @CroisEnToi
@Meirya I could take over the FHC for you
@Meirya I could take over the FHC for you
dczn1qe-7ea5b2bc-c7a9-4a6a-8ea7-1777b6cff32a.png
@Meirya - Thank you for all your hard work with this. I never entered the contests, but I did always look at the entries and the voting, although I didn’t always actually vote either. I have really enjoyed seeing the scries everyone comes up with and I have my own little Nature Sprite dragon. Anyway, I just wanted you to know how much all the work you put in was appreciated. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Hibiscus my Nature Sprite. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42166320] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/421664/42166320_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Meirya - Thank you for all your hard work with this. I never entered the contests, but I did always look at the entries and the voting, although I didn’t always actually vote either. I have really enjoyed seeing the scries everyone comes up with and I have my own little Nature Sprite dragon. Anyway, I just wanted you to know how much all the work you put in was appreciated.

Hibiscus my Nature Sprite.

42166320_350.png

ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
Umm so I’m currently do the ichor nymph, but I just started a hatchery, so I don’t have the time and space for it anymore, so can u take me off the list?
Umm so I’m currently do the ichor nymph, but I just started a hatchery, so I don’t have the time and space for it anymore, so can u take me off the list?
5iXiC8z.png
szLFrpq.png
jA5A7gu.png
cutkr0S.png
fkWjutW.png
QG3ZDTL.png
@Meirya may i be added to the pinglist? I would love to challenge myself!!
@Meirya may i be added to the pinglist? I would love to challenge myself!!
?GnhlM=party.png
@Meirya could you add me to the pinglist?
@Meirya could you add me to the pinglist?
43170500.png 66582165.png 49742990.png 72073587.png 26137474.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27