Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
Can I marry Galore
Can I marry Galore
e6rKuT7.png
zephyrus · he/they · frt + 0

im autistic, so my tone come off as
more aggressive than i mean to be ^^;
If this is how limited items had been implemented from the beginning, it means Undel wouldn't have been considered engaged/active enough on FR to deserve them. That's kinda sad, because it shows that staff know exactly how easily random stuff can take you away, and probably how nice it feels to come back.
If this is how limited items had been implemented from the beginning, it means Undel wouldn't have been considered engaged/active enough on FR to deserve them. That's kinda sad, because it shows that staff know exactly how easily random stuff can take you away, and probably how nice it feels to come back.
nonono. Please. A week is a too short.

A festival event is an expectation. it can be planned to.

A limited event is not.

Not playing for a week is super very easy. Missed opportunities is not a fun surprise. kthx
nonono. Please. A week is a too short.

A festival event is an expectation. it can be planned to.

A limited event is not.

Not playing for a week is super very easy. Missed opportunities is not a fun surprise. kthx
3.png
Another point some people seem to be missing -- those who blithely point to week-long elemental festivals as if they're exactly equivalent -- is that during a festival, even a moderately-engaged player can easily acquire more than one copy of each piece of apparel, each skin/accent, and the festival familiar.

Limited events such as April Fool's Day, FR's anniversary, and Bounty of the Elements, by contrast, award just one copy of each event item per player.

If I miss an elemental festival, it's easy for me to get a copy of anything I really wanted from either a friend who acquired extra or the AH for a moderate markup. That is simply not the case with limited event items. For me to get my hands on a limited event item from an event I missed, someone who has that item has to be willing to sell (or give away) their one copy.

This means limited event items have always been more valuable (except in cases where staff later decided to make the limited event item available elsewhere, such as Marva's rabbit familiars popping up occasionally in chests). We've seen no indication that, going forward, limited-event items will become available in rusted/iron/gilded chests; indeed, the fact that the staff announcement didn't say they would tends to indicate that they won't.

Night of the Nocturne runs for two weeks in part out of staff's recognition that December is a busy time for many users (and staff), with holiday observations, travel, intensive family time, final exams, and so on. We know when April first falls (though many people forget that FR does something special every year on that date and thus get a nice surprise) and we know when FR's anniversary falls (though I, like many others, have a hard time remembering the exact day in early June it falls on) but Bounty of the Elements was a surprise for all non-staff users, and may indicate that more such events may pop up at unknown times throughout the year. Thus, giving users two weeks to log in and receive items from an event they may not even have been aware they were going to miss is both more fair and more in line with FR's pre-existing policies.

It's simple arithmetic. And simple courtesy.
Another point some people seem to be missing -- those who blithely point to week-long elemental festivals as if they're exactly equivalent -- is that during a festival, even a moderately-engaged player can easily acquire more than one copy of each piece of apparel, each skin/accent, and the festival familiar.

Limited events such as April Fool's Day, FR's anniversary, and Bounty of the Elements, by contrast, award just one copy of each event item per player.

If I miss an elemental festival, it's easy for me to get a copy of anything I really wanted from either a friend who acquired extra or the AH for a moderate markup. That is simply not the case with limited event items. For me to get my hands on a limited event item from an event I missed, someone who has that item has to be willing to sell (or give away) their one copy.

This means limited event items have always been more valuable (except in cases where staff later decided to make the limited event item available elsewhere, such as Marva's rabbit familiars popping up occasionally in chests). We've seen no indication that, going forward, limited-event items will become available in rusted/iron/gilded chests; indeed, the fact that the staff announcement didn't say they would tends to indicate that they won't.

Night of the Nocturne runs for two weeks in part out of staff's recognition that December is a busy time for many users (and staff), with holiday observations, travel, intensive family time, final exams, and so on. We know when April first falls (though many people forget that FR does something special every year on that date and thus get a nice surprise) and we know when FR's anniversary falls (though I, like many others, have a hard time remembering the exact day in early June it falls on) but Bounty of the Elements was a surprise for all non-staff users, and may indicate that more such events may pop up at unknown times throughout the year. Thus, giving users two weeks to log in and receive items from an event they may not even have been aware they were going to miss is both more fair and more in line with FR's pre-existing policies.

It's simple arithmetic. And simple courtesy.
...Q2qxxGt.png
Cool
Cool
mlHpBMC.png
dT9HQge.png
WQA384m.png
BzjAkuF.png
oouioVf.png
NQvcoP6.png
awesome , looking forward to meeting galore :)
awesome , looking forward to meeting galore :)
Sounds good to me. I'm also with those who say 2 weeks would be better, but i'm not going to mind too much if you stick with 1 week.

I gather from people who dislike this change that distributing items to ages old inactive accounts was a unique feature of FR and it will be missed. But it also sounds like it was an unsustainable practice, so discontinuing it sounds reasonable to me.
Sounds good to me. I'm also with those who say 2 weeks would be better, but i'm not going to mind too much if you stick with 1 week.

I gather from people who dislike this change that distributing items to ages old inactive accounts was a unique feature of FR and it will be missed. But it also sounds like it was an unsustainable practice, so discontinuing it sounds reasonable to me.
sig_02_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xs.png
sig_04_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xq.pngsig_05_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y8.pngsig_06_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y6.png
sig_07_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y3.pngsig_08_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xz.pngsig_09_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xx.png
sig_10_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xw.png
I very much dislike this entire update. Despite 'not being a punishment' it feels very much like a punishment. To me, it feels like: "If you miss playing for a week then obviously you're not worth giving this item to."

I mean, I understand that it may be easier for the system, and that's the only reason I am not completely against--not that it would matter if I was.

That being said, a week is way too short. I understand that a week may sound reasonable to the staff as maintaining the site is their job. But for users, a week is very easy to miss, especially for players on hiatus or vacation.
I very much dislike this entire update. Despite 'not being a punishment' it feels very much like a punishment. To me, it feels like: "If you miss playing for a week then obviously you're not worth giving this item to."

I mean, I understand that it may be easier for the system, and that's the only reason I am not completely against--not that it would matter if I was.

That being said, a week is way too short. I understand that a week may sound reasonable to the staff as maintaining the site is their job. But for users, a week is very easy to miss, especially for players on hiatus or vacation.
make_mother_proud_by_duinimrais-d85f1js.gif

fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
I too am not happy with the 7-Day window for a gift. I would like to suggest that after the 7-Day window closes, that you would send an email to all the accounts that did not get the gifts.

This would be a boon in for both Flight Rising and for the player. The email would have link to Galore's room to collect the item. The emails could be sent over an extended period of time such as another week. Then the person will get the gifts and potentially FR would have an influx of old players returning to the game.

I believe my suggestion is viable. I make the suggestion because I have many medical problems. And I go to the hospital. While I'm in the hospital, I'm not really able to play the game. I'm not really able to watch a TV show because of medications. And it would make me very sad to not get and item from that particular event without having to pay for it in the auction house.

Please forgive my writing style. I am not very good at writing.

So in conclusion, have galore's gift for the player base time period and then
Send an email to all players who did not collect a gift. Which would benefit the player who was not able to be there during the week, and it could potentially bring back players who are inactive. So that they can see all the new changes and want to return and play.

If this doesn't make much sense I would be very appreciative to anybody who would make this statement clearer.
I too am not happy with the 7-Day window for a gift. I would like to suggest that after the 7-Day window closes, that you would send an email to all the accounts that did not get the gifts.

This would be a boon in for both Flight Rising and for the player. The email would have link to Galore's room to collect the item. The emails could be sent over an extended period of time such as another week. Then the person will get the gifts and potentially FR would have an influx of old players returning to the game.

I believe my suggestion is viable. I make the suggestion because I have many medical problems. And I go to the hospital. While I'm in the hospital, I'm not really able to play the game. I'm not really able to watch a TV show because of medications. And it would make me very sad to not get and item from that particular event without having to pay for it in the auction house.

Please forgive my writing style. I am not very good at writing.

So in conclusion, have galore's gift for the player base time period and then
Send an email to all players who did not collect a gift. Which would benefit the player who was not able to be there during the week, and it could potentially bring back players who are inactive. So that they can see all the new changes and want to return and play.

If this doesn't make much sense I would be very appreciative to anybody who would make this statement clearer.
Does the PTB read the comments all the way back here?[emoji=skull size=1]
Does the PTB read the comments all the way back here?
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87