Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The reason you stayed?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Initially it was because of the community and dom, which was fun because of how tightly bonded the flight community would get. Otherwise I probably would've bailed instead of dealing with all that first year lag.

Now it's just because I can't shake this addiction to UMAs and pretty dragons.

Initially it was because of the community and dom, which was fun because of how tightly bonded the flight community would get. Otherwise I probably would've bailed instead of dealing with all that first year lag.

Now it's just because I can't shake this addiction to UMAs and pretty dragons.

Coli and how welcoming the site is to creative endeavors like writing— especially with that editable bio section. I tried out a lot of similar sites around the same time, but FR stuck because dragons and an actual turn-based battle system where I could create my own characters and just… battle for a while. [emoji=ridgeback love size=1]
Coli and how welcoming the site is to creative endeavors like writing— especially with that editable bio section. I tried out a lot of similar sites around the same time, but FR stuck because dragons and an actual turn-based battle system where I could create my own characters and just… battle for a while.
first it was just dragons but then it turned into an escape and a happy place
first it was just dragons but then it turned into an escape and a happy place
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
[quote name="Joeydragonz" date="2019-05-08 04:42:31" ] Everything [/quote] But especially [i]tundras[/i] [emoji=tundra love size=2]
Joeydragonz wrote on 2019-05-08 04:42:31:
Everything
But especially tundras
hVHlIic.png "Another donut! Extra sprinkles!" - Spike, The Best Night Ever (My Little Pony Season 1, Episode 26)
She/Her/Any - Loves:
As a writer, at first the stories and personalities I created around my dragons kept me here. Soon the community drew me in, as it made me feel safe around other people, and as I was an only child who was homeschooled at the time, it became most of my human contact. Even now that I've started public school, I stay because the pinglist I started makes people happy, and I'm glad of it! Now I'm trying to get back into the rest of Flight Rising again now my life has settled down a bit!
As a writer, at first the stories and personalities I created around my dragons kept me here. Soon the community drew me in, as it made me feel safe around other people, and as I was an only child who was homeschooled at the time, it became most of my human contact. Even now that I've started public school, I stay because the pinglist I started makes people happy, and I'm glad of it! Now I'm trying to get back into the rest of Flight Rising again now my life has settled down a bit!
WjyjP9T.pngtumblr_p1dtysGz331wvvm88o2_100.png
[quote name="SuddenlyJoxar" date="2019-05-07 16:51:22" ] "It'd probably be a crime for me to not say festivals." But in actuality it's the lore. I like writing lore, and playing characters -- heck, it's partially why I decided to become Joxar recently tbh-- and this is great for that. It's way easier to write for characters when you have a fixed idea of their appearance, and the random element of those characters having kids just makes things way better. Writing is a really soothing thing for me, and... I need that. I think if I lost my precious pixel babs at this point I'd go seriously hurt something, and that's not something I own up to easily. [/quote] heeey... you told me it was just because of the RP??? i know, i know, people change their minds. but for me it would probably be -dragons -fluffy dragons -cute fluffy dragons -ima get a pink fluffy dragon -and i love dragons, especially tundras and bogsneaks. but wildclaws are pretty thicc too.
SuddenlyJoxar wrote on 2019-05-07 16:51:22:
"It'd probably be a crime for me to not say festivals."

But in actuality it's the lore. I like writing lore, and playing characters -- heck, it's partially why I decided to become Joxar recently tbh-- and this is great for that. It's way easier to write for characters when you have a fixed idea of their appearance, and the random element of those characters having kids just makes things way better.

Writing is a really soothing thing for me, and... I need that. I think if I lost my precious pixel babs at this point I'd go seriously hurt something, and that's not something I own up to easily.

heeey... you told me it was just because of the RP??? i know, i know, people change their minds. but for me it would probably be
-dragons
-fluffy dragons
-cute fluffy dragons
-ima get a pink fluffy dragon
-and i love dragons, especially tundras and bogsneaks. but wildclaws are pretty thicc too.
vbbFDY.png Heccin Pan
Sometimes I take long breaks, but I always come back. I love dragons, the community is pretty chill, the admins are constantly making changes/improving the site. So really, why leave?
Sometimes I take long breaks, but I always come back. I love dragons, the community is pretty chill, the admins are constantly making changes/improving the site. So really, why leave?
miDn30f.gif
Exalting dragons and making FR currency.
Exalting dragons and making FR currency.
u5avu4X.png fWfedcf.png
The opportunity to write lore! As well as the customisation options presented by apparel, and all the awesome dragons/bios that other people have made. The fairness of converting treasure to gems (coming from a poor family where we can barely afford anything nice in the real world, let alone spend a cent on virtual pets, being able to own 'premium' currency and be included like that means so, so much more than I can explain ;v;), and the friendliness of the people on here.
The opportunity to write lore! As well as the customisation options presented by apparel, and all the awesome dragons/bios that other people have made. The fairness of converting treasure to gems (coming from a poor family where we can barely afford anything nice in the real world, let alone spend a cent on virtual pets, being able to own 'premium' currency and be included like that means so, so much more than I can explain ;v;), and the friendliness of the people on here.
m8ucmws.png

It appears that we are in a forum signature.
. . . says Wilde.
--

Please stop this lunatic owl from buying any more dragons.
Sincerely, the Nightwatch Clan.
My friends kept playing, so I kept playing as well. Peer pressure I guess! [emoji=tundra tongue size=2]
My friends kept playing, so I kept playing as well. Peer pressure I guess!
AeYnAM6.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14