Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 86 87
[quote name="VeiledOverdose" date="2019-05-06 20:25:47" ] [quote name="Valkyries" date="2019-05-06 17:25:49" ] The admins say in this thread that reminders will be put on social media, and if you can't log in to FR for five minutes to claim your item, that's on you. [/quote] Except social media is one, offsite, and two, not everyone uses social media. Personally, the only social media I use frequently is Tumblr. I hardly check Twitter and I check FB even less, really. We should also have some notification system for the thing on here, for the people who don't have social media or don't check it often. Onsite. [i]Only[/i] using offsite methods for reminding people is [i]not[/i] a good idea. For what that could be, I have no idea, but we really should have a reminder thing onsite too. I am with the other people that say we should have two weeks instead of one for this, though. Even people who are active and get on here each day might have a sudden emergency or event happen, and they may not have the ability to get on within a week. A two week period gives them more of a chance. [/quote] Whole heartedly agree. It's incredibly silly to use a bunch of social platforms [i]but not the main site itself to notify people. [/i] you know the site people are actually going to be on and expecting to see such a thing? Reminds me of last NotN. They had a goofy event of who was best NotN fam, held the results on site, but didn't hold the dang voting on site, you had to go through twitter. It's just so stupid to me. You may as well not even hold the results here if only a specific group of people could actually partake else where.
VeiledOverdose wrote on 2019-05-06 20:25:47:
Valkyries wrote on 2019-05-06 17:25:49:
The admins say in this thread that reminders will be put on social media, and if you can't log in to FR for five minutes to claim your item, that's on you.

Except social media is one, offsite, and two, not everyone uses social media. Personally, the only social media I use frequently is Tumblr. I hardly check Twitter and I check FB even less, really. We should also have some notification system for the thing on here, for the people who don't have social media or don't check it often. Onsite. Only using offsite methods for reminding people is not a good idea.

For what that could be, I have no idea, but we really should have a reminder thing onsite too.

I am with the other people that say we should have two weeks instead of one for this, though. Even people who are active and get on here each day might have a sudden emergency or event happen, and they may not have the ability to get on within a week. A two week period gives them more of a chance.
Whole heartedly agree.
It's incredibly silly to use a bunch of social platforms but not the main site itself to notify people. you know the site people are actually going to be on and expecting to see such a thing?

Reminds me of last NotN. They had a goofy event of who was best NotN fam, held the results on site, but didn't hold the dang voting on site, you had to go through twitter.
It's just so stupid to me. You may as well not even hold the results here if only a specific group of people could actually partake else where.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
Extend the time from 1 week to a year or something more reasonable. Many people here are sick or in special situations that require breaks or timely care (as is typical of many pet games, seems pet games attract special case individuals).

In my case (using my situation as an example), I just went through surgery and was heavily handicapped for around 2 weeks, give or take, before I could even think of playing Flight Rising. I still have difficulties lifting my arms (it's been 3 weeks) and everything takes so much energy (I sleep a lot) and no one should feel like they have to login over resting in this situation, just because they fear losing a limited item. I'm sure I'm not the only one going through this type of thing.

Extend the time from 1 week to a year or something more reasonable. Many people here are sick or in special situations that require breaks or timely care (as is typical of many pet games, seems pet games attract special case individuals).

In my case (using my situation as an example), I just went through surgery and was heavily handicapped for around 2 weeks, give or take, before I could even think of playing Flight Rising. I still have difficulties lifting my arms (it's been 3 weeks) and everything takes so much energy (I sleep a lot) and no one should feel like they have to login over resting in this situation, just because they fear losing a limited item. I'm sure I'm not the only one going through this type of thing.

(+3 FR time)
Pastel and horror lair
galores my dad now

also i think this is a wonderful idea! i was worried about missing things at first, but the grace period is a really nice compromise
galores my dad now

also i think this is a wonderful idea! i was worried about missing things at first, but the grace period is a really nice compromise
komaeda-kun-komaeda.png
please ping me if you quote me
I am happy to see a guardian character. I hope we get some more backstory on Galore.
I am happy to see a guardian character. I hope we get some more backstory on Galore.
uDNAbBS.png
I agree with many others that a week is probably too short.

To go from "everybody gets one" to "if you remember to log in weekly and go to a particular place you'll get one" is a pretty big dip.
I agree with many others that a week is probably too short.

To go from "everybody gets one" to "if you remember to log in weekly and go to a particular place you'll get one" is a pretty big dip.
tumblr_inline_nwui6x4Zpo1t7d5o3_500.gif
Oh, what a fun way to do giveaways! Always happy to see more site-run characters, it makes Sornieth feel more epic.
Oh, what a fun way to do giveaways! Always happy to see more site-run characters, it makes Sornieth feel more epic.
I think the idea's not bad. Galore is amazing!!! The time is way too short. maybe a month. or even two months. from my own standpoint, I figure if I can't log into FR, it's for a big reason. Like, stranded-in-a-mountain-pinned-under-a-rock-and-need-time-to-cut-off-my-own-arm-to-get-back big! Galore is so lovely. That primary is really nice btw [emoji=guardian winking size=1]
I think the idea's not bad.

Galore is amazing!!!

The time is way too short. maybe a month. or even two months.

from my own standpoint, I figure if I can't log into FR, it's for a big reason. Like, stranded-in-a-mountain-pinned-under-a-rock-and-need-time-to-cut-off-my-own-arm-to-get-back big!

Galore is so lovely. That primary is really nice btw
P20SGb4.gif 46f50f75104349928b2b563ef0bd79f0.png 7d8e2ec83eb93e741fea5c9bf2d420d1.png RM3KMxz.gif
I do like how this new addition will add a rareness to those dedicated in staying with the site and keeping up to date with the latest things and information and actively comes in to see things even if they don’t actively play in breeding but instead collect items and the like.
It’s a good thing, cause it kinda sucked to see the dead abandoned accounts still getting the goodies even if they didn’t log in or even come onto the site anymore.
I do like how this new addition will add a rareness to those dedicated in staying with the site and keeping up to date with the latest things and information and actively comes in to see things even if they don’t actively play in breeding but instead collect items and the like.
It’s a good thing, cause it kinda sucked to see the dead abandoned accounts still getting the goodies even if they didn’t log in or even come onto the site anymore.
tumblr_inline_nwu3otaP9J1t7d5o3_500.gif
Ew, social media... guess I'll just have to check Galore constantly so I won't miss anything.
Ew, social media... guess I'll just have to check Galore constantly so I won't miss anything.
iuEBSJ3.png   slCEFYq.png   3J4E2hk.png  
Uuh pretty nice!
Uuh pretty nice!
VVM4XuM.png
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 86 87