Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 158 159
vibrates with excitement at the prospect of more fishlike/aquatic water breeds
vibrates with excitement at the prospect of more fishlike/aquatic water breeds
677fd66ff5b1d302249c98d4a1eb713daa76e28e.gif

8b02ad3c65b6b4b87011423eae92aa9999ab549f.gif
Woah, New breeds! Yay :3 I love how one will be able to make skins and accents for the ancient breeds as well, but according to your quote @/staff: [quote]But no apparel also means we can now do some really wild and cool tertiary gene designs that break the dragon silhouette the lines of designs like horns, extra tails, chitin, etc.[/quote] If the ancient breeds can have Tertiaries like these, how will they be translated onto skins and accents? Will skins and accents cover the eg. extra tails? Since the genes change the overall silhouette of the dragon, what will become of the skin/accent coverage of the dragon? Will that skin/accent be applicable to all ancient dragons of the same breed and gender? Or will it simply be not possible to draw on the extra tails/horns and it would be considered "breaking the lineart"? Not a skin/accent maker myself, but it some clarification on this would be very helpful ^^
Woah, New breeds! Yay :3 I love how one will be able to make skins and accents for the ancient breeds as well, but according to your quote @/staff:
Quote:
But no apparel also means we can now do some really wild and cool tertiary gene designs that break the dragon silhouette the lines of designs like horns, extra tails, chitin, etc.

If the ancient breeds can have Tertiaries like these, how will they be translated onto skins and accents? Will skins and accents cover the eg. extra tails? Since the genes change the overall silhouette of the dragon, what will become of the skin/accent coverage of the dragon? Will that skin/accent be applicable to all ancient dragons of the same breed and gender? Or will it simply be not possible to draw on the extra tails/horns and it would be considered "breaking the lineart"?

Not a skin/accent maker myself, but it some clarification on this would be very helpful ^^
vkXTSNP.png ##

- FR+10
- wishlist
[center]I love the idea of ancient breeds, and I'm super excited to see them implemented soon! The whole no apparel thing is a bit of a bummer, but honestly I don't mind it too much since they'll be getting some fun genes. [emoji=spiral happy] EDIT: One thing I am curious about though- will there be a chance to obtain ancient breed G1s outside of, like, Roundsey prizes & breed change scrolls? I'm guessing the answer to that is probably yes but it's a little unclear in the post :o[/center]
I love the idea of ancient breeds, and I'm super excited to see them implemented soon! The whole no apparel thing is a bit of a bummer, but honestly I don't mind it too much since they'll be getting some fun genes.

EDIT: One thing I am curious about though- will there be a chance to obtain ancient breed G1s outside of, like, Roundsey prizes & breed change scrolls? I'm guessing the answer to that is probably yes but it's a little unclear in the post :o
Ly | It/its | FRT+ 0 | 22
Art shop
I just want to echo what I've seen as the dominant sentiments: 1) It's great, I am so glad you guys at Stormlight [s]are on the side of Justice[/s] put the health of your people and the workplace first! Our site's community is only as awesome (which is very) as its devs, and you guys [i]rock[/i]. and 2) I am madly excited to have new dragons, at relatively greater frequency, and of wildly different shapes and the potential for line-breaking tertiaries!! Y'all didn't even have to stick to the three-gene system for these but I'm glad you're going to stick with it. All your ideas for the Ancient breeds system are so cool and I can't wait to see them [emoji=spiral star]
I just want to echo what I've seen as the dominant sentiments: 1) It's great, I am so glad you guys at Stormlight are on the side of Justice put the health of your people and the workplace first! Our site's community is only as awesome (which is very) as its devs, and you guys rock. and 2) I am madly excited to have new dragons, at relatively greater frequency, and of wildly different shapes and the potential for line-breaking tertiaries!! Y'all didn't even have to stick to the three-gene system for these but I'm glad you're going to stick with it. All your ideas for the Ancient breeds system are so cool and I can't wait to see them
36627432_DdNrYTjMtSKEqr3.png
..Hype..
..Hype..
g8T8XC2.png

Oooo baby is this some exciting stuff~~

Oooo baby is this some exciting stuff~~
QBilaUP.pnghttps://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3282077
Sounds interesting
Sounds interesting
aw man i’m so excited for ancient breeds!
also hoping tidedad comes back soon :”)
aw man i’m so excited for ancient breeds!
also hoping tidedad comes back soon :”)
Hi, I’m moony!!
2015toys5.png
Most any new content is at least a step towards progress so I am game for all of this!

Also someone find Tidedaddy for all the fish bubble kids out there. Dragons unite to find Tidedad.
Most any new content is at least a step towards progress so I am game for all of this!

Also someone find Tidedaddy for all the fish bubble kids out there. Dragons unite to find Tidedad.
b42b30e632d83cf09d973c85176c5cec4d17d865.png x- @RoyalSorceress
x- she/her/they/them
x- FR+2
x- about
x- wishlist
x- icon dragon
This is why I love FR! Y'all put in a lot of work for this game. Can't wait to see ancient breeds in action. I'm excited!
This is why I love FR! Y'all put in a lot of work for this game. Can't wait to see ancient breeds in action. I'm excited!
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 158 159