Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I Summon Yugioh Fans in Discuss Mode!
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
I also have a YGO OC. His name is Koji Amaterasu, and he specializes in Aroma monsters. He's part of a Japanese royal family, and he's actually a few thousand years old. So, he's just Japanese Yugi.
I also have a YGO OC. His name is Koji Amaterasu, and he specializes in Aroma monsters. He's part of a Japanese royal family, and he's actually a few thousand years old. So, he's just Japanese Yugi.
Nothing much to say here.

slCEFYq.png
sZShZzW.png
Oo nice
Oo nice
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
Most of the anime cons I go to allow YGO cards in the game room. Its especially a big thing in Anime Expo, where even the YGO TCG was there to sell cards and had the second place winner there to play against people.

So i'm really surprised to hear that you weren't able to duel at a con. I've always been able to bring them. ; u;
Most of the anime cons I go to allow YGO cards in the game room. Its especially a big thing in Anime Expo, where even the YGO TCG was there to sell cards and had the second place winner there to play against people.

So i'm really surprised to hear that you weren't able to duel at a con. I've always been able to bring them. ; u;
Hap6WV9.gif
They used to let YGO cards in the game room, in fact, one side was all for YGO, magic the gathering, etc. They even had tournaments and stuff. Something must have happened last year or something.
They used to let YGO cards in the game room, in fact, one side was all for YGO, magic the gathering, etc. They even had tournaments and stuff. Something must have happened last year or something.
Foolish mortal, I am a Dragon.
He/him. Writer, musician. Hope to publish a novel one day
Is it only YGO they took out? Or all card games?
Is it only YGO they took out? Or all card games?
Hap6WV9.gif
all card games, which sucks cuz my younger brother wanted to learn some Magic the gathering tricks from better players [emoji=mirror] (I am not very good at it so I can't teach him strategies)
all card games, which sucks cuz my younger brother wanted to learn some Magic the gathering tricks from better players (I am not very good at it so I can't teach him strategies)
@suesue @Yugi @Eiira @PharaohAtem @NigiriFan @PharaohAtemu [center][emoji=dice] What's up, guys? Been a while, my bad. How're y'all doin? It's been a great format for me so far - the only card I own that's been banned is soul charge, and I can live without it. [emoji=new friend] Hey question since I keep thinking of these, what exactly do we think a mindcrush is? So far, my theory is that the mindcrush is what the millenium puzzle is able to do. Like hear me out: The millenium items all have their own ability/abilites aside from being able to invoke a shadow game, right? I have heard that the puzzle's thing is to be able to increase the chances of winning a game, but I don't know if that's official or not. Plus, Yami is the only person seen performing an actual mindcrush. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/536027421992812586/548349989781504015/ebe26377abc167604ab5ac8bdf41689e.png[/img][/center]
@suesue
@Yugi
@Eiira
@PharaohAtem
@NigiriFan
@PharaohAtemu
What's up, guys? Been a while, my bad. How're y'all doin? It's been a great format for me so far - the only card I own that's been banned is soul charge, and I can live without it.

Hey question since I keep thinking of these, what exactly do we think a mindcrush is? So far, my theory is that the mindcrush is what the millenium puzzle is able to do.

Like hear me out: The millenium items all have their own ability/abilites aside from being able to invoke a shadow game, right? I have heard that the puzzle's thing is to be able to increase the chances of winning a game, but I don't know if that's official or not. Plus, Yami is the only person seen performing an actual mindcrush.

ebe26377abc167604ab5ac8bdf41689e.png
bleakpaw_logo_by_crimson__cat-dbhhpgf.png
The Puzzle is the power of unity, canonically. Or at least that’s what I remember reading and hearing about in the manga and anime. It has the power not only to give its wielder allies but to grant one wish that they desire.

I might be wrong, but I think that’s its most canonical ability.

And from what I remember, the abilities of the other items...

The Millenium Eye has the power to read minds, the Key to open and change them. The Scales can perform fusion and weigh the integrity of the soul. The Rod can control minds and expel spirits, and the Necklace can see into the future. The Ring is a homing device to the other Items and I believe it is also the one that can trap ka. The Ring and Rod might be mixed up though.

The Ring and Puzzle both have the ability also to hold a spirit, and I believe thanks to its own ability the Rod can expose both sides of its owner. Who knows if the other items can hold spirits- it’s safe to assume the Scales and Key together can, since Shadi holds them, is a spirit, and disappears forever once their purpose is fulfilled.

Y’all ever wonder if Yami Marik was a Ka?
The Puzzle is the power of unity, canonically. Or at least that’s what I remember reading and hearing about in the manga and anime. It has the power not only to give its wielder allies but to grant one wish that they desire.

I might be wrong, but I think that’s its most canonical ability.

And from what I remember, the abilities of the other items...

The Millenium Eye has the power to read minds, the Key to open and change them. The Scales can perform fusion and weigh the integrity of the soul. The Rod can control minds and expel spirits, and the Necklace can see into the future. The Ring is a homing device to the other Items and I believe it is also the one that can trap ka. The Ring and Rod might be mixed up though.

The Ring and Puzzle both have the ability also to hold a spirit, and I believe thanks to its own ability the Rod can expose both sides of its owner. Who knows if the other items can hold spirits- it’s safe to assume the Scales and Key together can, since Shadi holds them, is a spirit, and disappears forever once their purpose is fulfilled.

Y’all ever wonder if Yami Marik was a Ka?
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
@suesue
@Yugi
@Eiira
@PharaohAtem
@NigiriFan
@PharaohAtemu
Well I think I read somewhere that they all have the ability to hold a spirit, it's just the puzzle n ring that did.

I also thought that Bakura supposedly granted Ryou a wish, too - being to have friends always surrounding him. He just warped that into making sure he had friends and then stuffing their souls into dolls.

I wish it was more obvious what the puzzle did - wait isn't that literally what Shadi was trying to figure out when he snooped in Yugi's mind?

Edit: Also I think the Ka idea is cool
@suesue
@Yugi
@Eiira
@PharaohAtem
@NigiriFan
@PharaohAtemu
Well I think I read somewhere that they all have the ability to hold a spirit, it's just the puzzle n ring that did.

I also thought that Bakura supposedly granted Ryou a wish, too - being to have friends always surrounding him. He just warped that into making sure he had friends and then stuffing their souls into dolls.

I wish it was more obvious what the puzzle did - wait isn't that literally what Shadi was trying to figure out when he snooped in Yugi's mind?

Edit: Also I think the Ka idea is cool
bleakpaw_logo_by_crimson__cat-dbhhpgf.png
I think Shadi was trying to find the true idenitiy of the spirit? Thats why he put Yugi in danger so Yami would come out so Shadi could find out more about him? I know he was testing the spirit himself but I'm not so sure about the puzzle itself.

I do believe canonically the puzzle holds the power of unity (as Yugi said). That's why Yami could block out Pegasus from his mind during their duel. It also mentions a wish, and gaining dark powers or something. (I should really break out the manga and check but eh im too lazy)
I think Shadi was trying to find the true idenitiy of the spirit? Thats why he put Yugi in danger so Yami would come out so Shadi could find out more about him? I know he was testing the spirit himself but I'm not so sure about the puzzle itself.

I do believe canonically the puzzle holds the power of unity (as Yugi said). That's why Yami could block out Pegasus from his mind during their duel. It also mentions a wish, and gaining dark powers or something. (I should really break out the manga and check but eh im too lazy)
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70