Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Returning player, Heartily Confused
1 2
Hello all! I made my way back to FR after a really long time without reliable internet (since 2017?!) and am *so* happy to be back. However, I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm sure a ton has changed, so is it possible for anyone to kind of give me a run down of everything there is to do? How do I manage a successful den of beautiful dragons and generally become a member of this great community again?

I feel like I have a ton of catching up to do, so any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Hello all! I made my way back to FR after a really long time without reliable internet (since 2017?!) and am *so* happy to be back. However, I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm sure a ton has changed, so is it possible for anyone to kind of give me a run down of everything there is to do? How do I manage a successful den of beautiful dragons and generally become a member of this great community again?

I feel like I have a ton of catching up to do, so any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!
@pixelflorist

Welcome back to Flight Rising!

For a summary of all the updates you've missed, you can check out Louretta's Chronological Update Reference.

If you'd like a refresher on what's available to do on the site, you can check out the Which Waystone (the rock on the bottom right; or, if that's not visisble, the link on the left, under Library) for some basic gameplay options.

What constitutes a beautiful lair varies from person to person, so I'm not really sure what to say other than giving those general pointers, but if you have specific questions then feel free to ask them here in the Help Center.
@pixelflorist

Welcome back to Flight Rising!

For a summary of all the updates you've missed, you can check out Louretta's Chronological Update Reference.

If you'd like a refresher on what's available to do on the site, you can check out the Which Waystone (the rock on the bottom right; or, if that's not visisble, the link on the left, under Library) for some basic gameplay options.

What constitutes a beautiful lair varies from person to person, so I'm not really sure what to say other than giving those general pointers, but if you have specific questions then feel free to ask them here in the Help Center.
@kasael Thank you! I'll make use of the waystone, for sure.

As far as the coliseum, is there a way to be successful there? I haven't done well there in the past. Does gear help in the coliseum? Is there a particular type of dragon that does best there?

And alchemy- is this a useful skill to level?

Better yet- is there a tutorial I can go through? I feel like I need a refresher on pretty much everything.

I appreciate it!

@kasael Thank you! I'll make use of the waystone, for sure.

As far as the coliseum, is there a way to be successful there? I haven't done well there in the past. Does gear help in the coliseum? Is there a particular type of dragon that does best there?

And alchemy- is this a useful skill to level?

Better yet- is there a tutorial I can go through? I feel like I need a refresher on pretty much everything.

I appreciate it!

@pixelflorist Welcome back!

Culex's Guide is still the most efficient Coliseum guide to use, but it's also the most expensive. I recommend the Sedona Guide for a good blend of efficiency and affordability.

Alchemy - I find it very useful. It's good to at least dabble, since most items you get from alchemy aren't things you can get anywhere else
@pixelflorist Welcome back!

Culex's Guide is still the most efficient Coliseum guide to use, but it's also the most expensive. I recommend the Sedona Guide for a good blend of efficiency and affordability.

Alchemy - I find it very useful. It's good to at least dabble, since most items you get from alchemy aren't things you can get anywhere else
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
@pixelflorist

Chiming in with Ridara - the Coliseum can be the biggest moneymaker on the site once you've got a 2-fodder trainer ready to go. Culex's Mire Flyer build (linked in the post above mine) is highly popular, as it's a quick glass-cannon build that allows you to level fodder to a decent level for maximum exalt profits. If you've got the time and attention span to grind, you can make millions!

If you're not sure you want to go with Culex's build, or if you'd like to try item grinding rather than fodder, check out the Comprehensive Coli Builds List for more options! I'm personally a big fan of the Ruins Meditate Monk for fodder, but I also use my Mire Flyer and Roost/Pools Trainer for item-grinding in lower levels.

For Baldwin, I find the BBB Visual Guide 3.0 to be quite useful for getting started. They list his recipes, provide tips, and answer some FAQs you might have. I also suggest bookmarking a list of Swipp/Baldwin ingredients (this one is my favorite), and use it as a reference on which items are worth saving for their recipes. Swipp isn't as intensive as Baldwin, but some of his trades are quite valuable.

Whether you're selling brewing materials, brewing and selling rarer items, or even renting out your cauldron to lower-level players once you've gotten some experience, it can definitely be a profitable part of the site! Even if you never brew items from Baldwin himself, you can sell the materials on the Auction House for a great income.

Search for what others are pricing the materials at before listing anything yourself - if you underprice it, you'll lose out on profit, but overpricing just makes the item sit there until the prices spike up or you give up on re-listing the auction. In fact, I recommend doing this check for any item you're thinking of selling to another player. AH prices frequently trend up or down depending on the balance of supply and demand, so I wouldn't rely on my memory to price everything.

If you decide something isn't worth saving or selling, into the pot it goes to become a useful pile of goop. My personal metric is to melt any food, materials, or trinkets with a hoardsell value (the number in the bottom left of the tooltip) of 25 or less, and melt any apparel or familiars that sell for less than 4,000 Treasure on the Auction House. You don't have to follow that rule, of course, but I find it helps me use up cheap trinkets I get from Coliseum grinding without melting anything valuable.

I hope this helped, and that you have a good time coming back to Flight Rising!
@pixelflorist

Chiming in with Ridara - the Coliseum can be the biggest moneymaker on the site once you've got a 2-fodder trainer ready to go. Culex's Mire Flyer build (linked in the post above mine) is highly popular, as it's a quick glass-cannon build that allows you to level fodder to a decent level for maximum exalt profits. If you've got the time and attention span to grind, you can make millions!

If you're not sure you want to go with Culex's build, or if you'd like to try item grinding rather than fodder, check out the Comprehensive Coli Builds List for more options! I'm personally a big fan of the Ruins Meditate Monk for fodder, but I also use my Mire Flyer and Roost/Pools Trainer for item-grinding in lower levels.

For Baldwin, I find the BBB Visual Guide 3.0 to be quite useful for getting started. They list his recipes, provide tips, and answer some FAQs you might have. I also suggest bookmarking a list of Swipp/Baldwin ingredients (this one is my favorite), and use it as a reference on which items are worth saving for their recipes. Swipp isn't as intensive as Baldwin, but some of his trades are quite valuable.

Whether you're selling brewing materials, brewing and selling rarer items, or even renting out your cauldron to lower-level players once you've gotten some experience, it can definitely be a profitable part of the site! Even if you never brew items from Baldwin himself, you can sell the materials on the Auction House for a great income.

Search for what others are pricing the materials at before listing anything yourself - if you underprice it, you'll lose out on profit, but overpricing just makes the item sit there until the prices spike up or you give up on re-listing the auction. In fact, I recommend doing this check for any item you're thinking of selling to another player. AH prices frequently trend up or down depending on the balance of supply and demand, so I wouldn't rely on my memory to price everything.

If you decide something isn't worth saving or selling, into the pot it goes to become a useful pile of goop. My personal metric is to melt any food, materials, or trinkets with a hoardsell value (the number in the bottom left of the tooltip) of 25 or less, and melt any apparel or familiars that sell for less than 4,000 Treasure on the Auction House. You don't have to follow that rule, of course, but I find it helps me use up cheap trinkets I get from Coliseum grinding without melting anything valuable.

I hope this helped, and that you have a good time coming back to Flight Rising!
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
Thank you both so much! You've been really helpful- I'm bookmarking all of those links. I'm looking forward to to re-learining all of this. Thank you all for helping out.
Thank you both so much! You've been really helpful- I'm bookmarking all of those links. I'm looking forward to to re-learining all of this. Thank you all for helping out.
@pixelflorist
( @NightmareJudge )

Note that Culex's stats for Mire Flyer haven't been updated - 119str one is now the best.

For Ruins, Anticitank is usually seen as the fastest trainer build.

Breed doesn't matter, but some elements do better at Coliseum than others. 2-fodder trainers more or less require specific elements to work, and while farmers aren't as picky, if you are planning to farm highest venues it's good to have something that isn't particularly weak against the local monsters.

Specifics depend on what you are planning but generally, if you start Coliseum with an Arcane dragon, a Water/Nature, and a Wind, you'll have two possible trainers and one that will do well at Golem Workshop. And always give your first Eliminate to the future trainer, otherwise you'll have to get another one soon.

Getting Eliminates for your team is actually easier than it looks - Glimmer and Gloom can get you 75kt in 30 minutes and with playing just that daily you can get an Elim in a week and half. If you supplement by selling coli loot and Baldwin materials, it can get a lot faster.

(edit: a small heads-up - you need to ping people to let them know you have answered. Otherwise they most likely won't get an alert.)
@pixelflorist
( @NightmareJudge )

Note that Culex's stats for Mire Flyer haven't been updated - 119str one is now the best.

For Ruins, Anticitank is usually seen as the fastest trainer build.

Breed doesn't matter, but some elements do better at Coliseum than others. 2-fodder trainers more or less require specific elements to work, and while farmers aren't as picky, if you are planning to farm highest venues it's good to have something that isn't particularly weak against the local monsters.

Specifics depend on what you are planning but generally, if you start Coliseum with an Arcane dragon, a Water/Nature, and a Wind, you'll have two possible trainers and one that will do well at Golem Workshop. And always give your first Eliminate to the future trainer, otherwise you'll have to get another one soon.

Getting Eliminates for your team is actually easier than it looks - Glimmer and Gloom can get you 75kt in 30 minutes and with playing just that daily you can get an Elim in a week and half. If you supplement by selling coli loot and Baldwin materials, it can get a lot faster.

(edit: a small heads-up - you need to ping people to let them know you have answered. Otherwise they most likely won't get an alert.)
hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien

Thank you, I knew I was forgetting something! I use the 119 STR build for my flyer, too, I'm surprised the original guide hasn't been updated yet. Thanks for the correction and good additions!
@Elaendorlien

Thank you, I knew I was forgetting something! I use the 119 STR build for my flyer, too, I'm surprised the original guide hasn't been updated yet. Thanks for the correction and good additions!
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@Elaendorlien @NightmareJudge

Thank you! It's all a lot to take in at the moment, but that was a really big help. I have an addiction to tidal trouble, so I'm doing well in terms of saving up to be able to buy moves for my future Coliseum team. I am 100% positive I'll be hitting up the forums again with questions about the coliseum again, but for right now I feel pretty confident.
@Elaendorlien @NightmareJudge

Thank you! It's all a lot to take in at the moment, but that was a really big help. I have an addiction to tidal trouble, so I'm doing well in terms of saving up to be able to buy moves for my future Coliseum team. I am 100% positive I'll be hitting up the forums again with questions about the coliseum again, but for right now I feel pretty confident.
@pixelflorist

Good luck! ^ ^

Although, I heavily recommend G&G over Tidal Trouble. with G&G you can max Fairgrounds in 15-30 minutes, with Tidal Trouble it takes hours
@pixelflorist

Good luck! ^ ^

Although, I heavily recommend G&G over Tidal Trouble. with G&G you can max Fairgrounds in 15-30 minutes, with Tidal Trouble it takes hours
hWsjkHE.png
1 2