Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Lair Revamp + Hibernal Den
1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 189 190
please make the buttons smaller... my dragons are so hard to see with all of the new page clutter, and the hunger bar does not need to be so big and in the way. the main lair page did not need to change so drastically! :(((
please make the buttons smaller... my dragons are so hard to see with all of the new page clutter, and the hunger bar does not need to be so big and in the way. the main lair page did not need to change so drastically! :(((
4kfkgm.pngnn Welcome!nnnnn Art Shop nnnnnWishlistnn

400! I almost just cried with joy/relief. The the pretty hoarding resume! Thank!![emoji=rainbow]
400! I almost just cried with joy/relief. The the pretty hoarding resume! Thank!!
pSqt2he.pngYjsuzHO.pnglvnVULi.pngZwwIRzh.png
[quote name="Cheremtasy" date="2019-02-07 17:20:54" ] [quote name="Aarune" date="2019-02-07 16:58:13" ] Guys, why in the world does the energy bar have to be so [b]large[/b] ? Energy status could be conveyed through a [i]sliver[/i] of what that is. The gender symbols...? Why? 1.) I feel as though it's common knowledge peoples' characters for their dragons may not line up with the dragon's biological gender. 2.) The dragons have different art depending on their biological gender? Save for the hatchlings, there is literally no reason why that sign needs to be there because we can already [i]see[/i] the difference. Same goes for the icons- no need to have those be so large. Scale 'em down! The focus in my lair should be [b]my dragons[/b] NOT that huge yellow bar, the icons underneath it, or the lair buttons themselves (feed/hibernation den/the arrow keys) I don't recall anyone complaining about wanting to see their dragons' energy/status on the lair page itself, so I'm not sure why you took it upon yourselves to implement this. here's my edit: [img]https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif[/img] link in case edit is broken: https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif I scaled down [i]basically everything[/i] and scaled up the dragon images- they're the main focus of my lair, after all! I made the energy bar less than half of what it was originally, as well as took down the saturation of it. I stand on behalf of @Ista that those thick bars are [b]bright[/b] and incredibly distracting. They don't need to be! It's simple not to make them that way! -------------- On the other hand re: hibernation dens, those are a [i]blessing[/i] for users who don't frequent the site as often! I'm so happy with how they have been implemented. Allowing users more freedom to organize their lairs is outstanding and I'm excited to utilize it! [/quote] I agree with this and I really like your edit! :0 The only thing I'd disagree with is that there are still many users (myself included) who like having the gender icons and find them useful. I've seen quite a few users in this thread who have poorer eyesight and expressed that trying to identify the icons was hard, or those who are dyslexic and heavily relied on the blue and pink to distinguish them. I hope that they make some visual adjustments when they're able to. ;v; [/quote]
Cheremtasy wrote on 2019-02-07 17:20:54:
Aarune wrote on 2019-02-07 16:58:13:
Guys, why in the world does the energy bar have to be so large ? Energy status could be conveyed through a sliver of what that is.

The gender symbols...? Why?
1.) I feel as though it's common knowledge peoples' characters for their dragons may not line up with the dragon's biological gender.
2.) The dragons have different art depending on their biological gender? Save for the hatchlings, there is literally no reason why that sign needs to be there because we can already see the difference.

Same goes for the icons- no need to have those be so large. Scale 'em down! The focus in my lair should be my dragons NOT that huge yellow bar, the icons underneath it, or the lair buttons themselves (feed/hibernation den/the arrow keys)

I don't recall anyone complaining about wanting to see their dragons' energy/status on the lair page itself, so I'm not sure why you took it upon yourselves to implement this.

here's my edit:

sOwmR3f.gif

link in case edit is broken: https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif

I scaled down basically everything and scaled up the dragon images- they're the main focus of my lair, after all!

I made the energy bar less than half of what it was originally, as well as took down the saturation of it. I stand on behalf of @Ista that those thick bars are bright and incredibly distracting. They don't need to be! It's simple not to make them that way!

On the other hand re: hibernation dens, those are a blessing for users who don't frequent the site as often! I'm so happy with how they have been implemented. Allowing users more freedom to organize their lairs is outstanding and I'm excited to utilize it!

I agree with this and I really like your edit! :0
The only thing I'd disagree with is that there are still many users (myself included) who like having the gender icons and find them useful. I've seen quite a few users in this thread who have poorer eyesight and expressed that trying to identify the icons was hard, or those who are dyslexic and heavily relied on the blue and pink to distinguish them. I hope that they make some visual adjustments when they're able to. ;v;
2578316.pngNeko_infobox.gif2562874.png
Ok, so there are way too many pages of comments for me to read through to see if this has been answered yet, but it seems to me that even if dragons are put in the hibernal lair, you don't get their 'regular' lair spot back? so.. like, putting them in there doesn't actually gain you any real lair space back? Am i misunderstanding?
Ok, so there are way too many pages of comments for me to read through to see if this has been answered yet, but it seems to me that even if dragons are put in the hibernal lair, you don't get their 'regular' lair spot back? so.. like, putting them in there doesn't actually gain you any real lair space back? Am i misunderstanding?
Yeeeeeeeees [emoji=guardian star]
Yeeeeeeeees
tumblr_inline_oqqz0cWKbM1qhglkw_540.png
[quote name="CAPozzy" date="2019-02-07 19:40:22" ] please make the buttons smaller... my dragons are so hard to see with all of the new page clutter, and the hunger bar does not need to be so big and in the way. the main lair page did not need to change so drastically! :((( [/quote] [color=#006ab8]I totally agree. They've said that the site can detect if you're on mobile, so why not let the desktop versions have smaller buttons/bars and bigger dragon pics? No reason to have the buttons so ridiculously large on desktop. And then there's the issue of the awfully low contrast, which I don't think looks good on either desktop or mobile.
CAPozzy wrote on 2019-02-07 19:40:22:
I totally agree. They've said that the site can detect if you're on mobile, so why not let the desktop versions have smaller buttons/bars and bigger dragon pics? No reason to have the buttons so ridiculously large on desktop. And then there's the issue of the awfully low contrast, which I don't think looks good on either desktop or mobile.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
Wow... So complex... Problem is... I don't know how to categorize my dragons... ANd I don't think I'll need the hibernation den... [emoji=magnifying glass] Edit: I'll just use the "main" tab for any incoming dragons...
Wow... So complex...

Problem is... I don't know how to categorize my dragons... ANd I don't think I'll need the hibernation den...

Edit: I'll just use the "main" tab for any incoming dragons...
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
So, how do we earn more hibernal lair spots--where do we complete those item trade tasks?
So, how do we earn more hibernal lair spots--where do we complete those item trade tasks?
plague_nests_by_duinimrais-d85k0kr.gif
I really enjoy the updated features, but I really enjoyed how the dragons looked like trading cards before. Oh well, devs gotta dev(elop)
I really enjoy the updated features, but I really enjoyed how the dragons looked like trading cards before. Oh well, devs gotta dev(elop)
This is an update that I immediately rushed to access.
This is an update that I immediately rushed to access.
With the exception of fodder dragons, I try to ensure all my prices are competitive with prices on the AH. I try to keep on top of AH prices so as not to over-charge.
DFa15iQ.jpg
1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 189 190