Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum "Fairgrounds" Money
1 2
Quote:
Please note before reading: What I'm suggesting can possibly be quite a hefty idea depending on how the website is coded and if it's even possible to mesh the Lucky Streak with the coliseum, and I understand that, but I thought I may suggest it anyways.

To dive right into it: Flight Rising is quite generous with how much treasure they let you get a day in the fairgrounds, but actually gaining this treasure can be tedious for people who don't prefer the fairground games. It's not that they are bad, or not cool, but the repetition to get that much treasure can get very tiring (especially for certain people types and how our brain perceives things like repetition, but that's a rambling discussion of how different personalities work, haha!) And you end up just doing the same thing over and over till you hit the max.
---

This is ok to repeat, until the price of most things on Flight Rising you want(marketplace, dragons, lair expansions, etc.) can cost days and days of maxing out fairgrounds to get this. Not many people want to spend a week, solving the same puzzle 100 times a day.
However, for some reason, the coliseum with it's variables in the battles, unexpected drops, and almost quest/adventure feeling leveling is more entertaining to most people. Some of us even spend hours in the coliseum a day leveling dragons and looking for apparel/eggs! This is a huge community that almost only spends their time in the coliseum. For that reason:

The coliseum needs to run at the same Lucky Streak treasure as the Fairgrounds

You would still get its regular drops and XP, but maybe every battle you play earns you a simple 500-1000t. [THIS IS THE EXACT SAME as one round of Artifracture, or one solve of any Glimmer and Gloom level] or possibly, the amount of XP you get determines the amount of treasure e.g. 565 XP would = 565 treasure, making you play in harder levels to earn more cash.
---
"But since you already get eggs, apparel, food, and material you can sell from the coliseum, isn't this a little much?"

Ok first off, yes! You do get all these things you don't have in fairgrounds. But to explain why it's not too much: MOST of these items you use for swapping with swipp or consuming the food! Expensive items are very, very rare in the coliseum so the rest of the battles that only give you food (or nothing!) can become overwhelming.

This wouldn't be "overpowered" because secondly, it's still running on the 75,000 max with the rest of the Fairground games you play that day! Once you finish the Lucky Streak amount for the day, you can still "grind" for the regular drops, but the cash cuts off just like the fairgrounds.

"This would ruin the point of the Fairgrounds!"

I have nothing against Fairgrounds being a part of Flight Rising. It's a GREAT place for new people to gain money and explore the website. But again, the people who have been here a while, or don't like the games will just have another option. Not a replacement, but just another game to earn money in. If you like the Fairground games then just keep playing them! :)

This would give a lot more people a "basic" or "base" reward for playing in the coliseum, help you earn some money for event items like the current Night of the Nocturne WHILE farming for chest, and all-in-all meshing it with the rest of Flight Rising a little more. When I first brought up this idea, a lot of the people I talk to absolutely loved this idea, but more feedback would be appreciated, especially to improve/expand this idea. Based on how Flight Rising is organized, this might not be possible for a long time (if at all), but if there's a chance, it would be awesome thing to be looked into in my opinion. Thanks for reading!
Quote:
Please note before reading: What I'm suggesting can possibly be quite a hefty idea depending on how the website is coded and if it's even possible to mesh the Lucky Streak with the coliseum, and I understand that, but I thought I may suggest it anyways.

To dive right into it: Flight Rising is quite generous with how much treasure they let you get a day in the fairgrounds, but actually gaining this treasure can be tedious for people who don't prefer the fairground games. It's not that they are bad, or not cool, but the repetition to get that much treasure can get very tiring (especially for certain people types and how our brain perceives things like repetition, but that's a rambling discussion of how different personalities work, haha!) And you end up just doing the same thing over and over till you hit the max.
---

This is ok to repeat, until the price of most things on Flight Rising you want(marketplace, dragons, lair expansions, etc.) can cost days and days of maxing out fairgrounds to get this. Not many people want to spend a week, solving the same puzzle 100 times a day.
However, for some reason, the coliseum with it's variables in the battles, unexpected drops, and almost quest/adventure feeling leveling is more entertaining to most people. Some of us even spend hours in the coliseum a day leveling dragons and looking for apparel/eggs! This is a huge community that almost only spends their time in the coliseum. For that reason:

The coliseum needs to run at the same Lucky Streak treasure as the Fairgrounds

You would still get its regular drops and XP, but maybe every battle you play earns you a simple 500-1000t. [THIS IS THE EXACT SAME as one round of Artifracture, or one solve of any Glimmer and Gloom level] or possibly, the amount of XP you get determines the amount of treasure e.g. 565 XP would = 565 treasure, making you play in harder levels to earn more cash.
---
"But since you already get eggs, apparel, food, and material you can sell from the coliseum, isn't this a little much?"

Ok first off, yes! You do get all these things you don't have in fairgrounds. But to explain why it's not too much: MOST of these items you use for swapping with swipp or consuming the food! Expensive items are very, very rare in the coliseum so the rest of the battles that only give you food (or nothing!) can become overwhelming.

This wouldn't be "overpowered" because secondly, it's still running on the 75,000 max with the rest of the Fairground games you play that day! Once you finish the Lucky Streak amount for the day, you can still "grind" for the regular drops, but the cash cuts off just like the fairgrounds.

"This would ruin the point of the Fairgrounds!"

I have nothing against Fairgrounds being a part of Flight Rising. It's a GREAT place for new people to gain money and explore the website. But again, the people who have been here a while, or don't like the games will just have another option. Not a replacement, but just another game to earn money in. If you like the Fairground games then just keep playing them! :)

This would give a lot more people a "basic" or "base" reward for playing in the coliseum, help you earn some money for event items like the current Night of the Nocturne WHILE farming for chest, and all-in-all meshing it with the rest of Flight Rising a little more. When I first brought up this idea, a lot of the people I talk to absolutely loved this idea, but more feedback would be appreciated, especially to improve/expand this idea. Based on how Flight Rising is organized, this might not be possible for a long time (if at all), but if there's a chance, it would be awesome thing to be looked into in my opinion. Thanks for reading!
23863.png
moth
she/her ... 22
plant and isopod caretaker
28184.png
seeelllllll your drops
seeelllllll your drops
I don't really see the point.

For one, this would pour a lot more treasure into the economy than now. I doubt that there are a great many people who do the coliseum AND play the fairgrounds every day (I am sure there are some), so those players who can do the coliseum would be earning 75K on top of all the other stuff they already earn, while those who use the fairgrounds and cannot or will not use the coliseum are now at a disadvantage.

It would also hurt those players who already do both areas of the site, as they suddenly are earning less treasure than before (Economy wise, this could be good, as it would be less treasure coming into the economy, but for those players it wouldn't be a good move).

I think it is perfectly fine for the coliseum to not give out pure cash rewards, as it makes the area seem unique instead of just another fairgrounds game. This is also why I am not fond of the idea of fairground games giving out item prizes. I like that the two are distinct area with their own reward system.

Grinding in the coliseum can be VERY rewarding, if you hoardsell all 'junk' drops. Those add up fairly quickly, especially if you figure out how to grind without even paying attention to it (ie watching a movie, reading or something something else that allows you to use the keyboard on one window). While there are some good 'rare' drops that mean quite a bit of money from other players if you sell them, I have the feeling that isn't how most coliseum players get their money: they get it from training fodder and exalting and/or hoard selling their coliseum loot.
I don't really see the point.

For one, this would pour a lot more treasure into the economy than now. I doubt that there are a great many people who do the coliseum AND play the fairgrounds every day (I am sure there are some), so those players who can do the coliseum would be earning 75K on top of all the other stuff they already earn, while those who use the fairgrounds and cannot or will not use the coliseum are now at a disadvantage.

It would also hurt those players who already do both areas of the site, as they suddenly are earning less treasure than before (Economy wise, this could be good, as it would be less treasure coming into the economy, but for those players it wouldn't be a good move).

I think it is perfectly fine for the coliseum to not give out pure cash rewards, as it makes the area seem unique instead of just another fairgrounds game. This is also why I am not fond of the idea of fairground games giving out item prizes. I like that the two are distinct area with their own reward system.

Grinding in the coliseum can be VERY rewarding, if you hoardsell all 'junk' drops. Those add up fairly quickly, especially if you figure out how to grind without even paying attention to it (ie watching a movie, reading or something something else that allows you to use the keyboard on one window). While there are some good 'rare' drops that mean quite a bit of money from other players if you sell them, I have the feeling that isn't how most coliseum players get their money: they get it from training fodder and exalting and/or hoard selling their coliseum loot.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Just...hoardsell the junk you get from coli. It's not hard. Coli is an alternate way to get money, it shouldn't be made "the same" as getting money directly from the Fairgrounds.

No support.
Just...hoardsell the junk you get from coli. It's not hard. Coli is an alternate way to get money, it shouldn't be made "the same" as getting money directly from the Fairgrounds.

No support.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@Jemadar [quote]It would also hurt those players who already do both areas of the site, as they suddenly are earning less treasure than before[/quote] From how the OP described it, I don't think this would be the case. I'm one of the players who does both (I have a method down for G&G that actually lets me max my payout in that while splitscreened with a coli window, so I can just do a few G&G clicks during Rally/enemy Meditate waits), so under the current system, I get coli drops/XP plus 75kt a day. Under the OP's system, I'd get my same coli drops/XP, plus probably make the same 75kt just in the normal course of coli-ing, without having to touch G&G. I'm fine with them staying distinct, however. Although this might be an interesting way to implement the 'coli quest' system others have asked for. Instead of getting treasure for every battle, you might get it for, say, every boss battle. Or every time you defeat a monster of your clan's element. (Or [b]anti[/b]-element.) Or every pack of three of the same monster. Etc.
@Jemadar
Quote:
It would also hurt those players who already do both areas of the site, as they suddenly are earning less treasure than before

From how the OP described it, I don't think this would be the case.

I'm one of the players who does both (I have a method down for G&G that actually lets me max my payout in that while splitscreened with a coli window, so I can just do a few G&G clicks during Rally/enemy Meditate waits), so under the current system, I get coli drops/XP plus 75kt a day.

Under the OP's system, I'd get my same coli drops/XP, plus probably make the same 75kt just in the normal course of coli-ing, without having to touch G&G.

I'm fine with them staying distinct, however.

Although this might be an interesting way to implement the 'coli quest' system others have asked for. Instead of getting treasure for every battle, you might get it for, say, every boss battle. Or every time you defeat a monster of your clan's element. (Or anti-element.) Or every pack of three of the same monster. Etc.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Lara8

Okay, apparently my brain decided to malfunction on that particular point. I had been thinking that since they wouldn't be able to do the fairgrounds, they wouldn't be earning that money on top of what they earn from the coliseum... when in fact, it would simply mean they wouldn't need to touch the fairgrounds at all but they are still able to earn that money. So in fact, it would help those players as they wouldn't have to spend time playing the fairgrounds.

Personally, for a quest based system, I want it to be inclusive of all areas and give out unique currency rather than tying it exclusively to the coliseum and giving treasure.
@Lara8

Okay, apparently my brain decided to malfunction on that particular point. I had been thinking that since they wouldn't be able to do the fairgrounds, they wouldn't be earning that money on top of what they earn from the coliseum... when in fact, it would simply mean they wouldn't need to touch the fairgrounds at all but they are still able to earn that money. So in fact, it would help those players as they wouldn't have to spend time playing the fairgrounds.

Personally, for a quest based system, I want it to be inclusive of all areas and give out unique currency rather than tying it exclusively to the coliseum and giving treasure.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

Yup, it'd be a pure benefit for coli-ers of all stripes, while you're right that it disadvantages players who are fairgrounds only (and those players are already limited by the lucky streak, while coli gains are limitless).
@Jemadar

Yup, it'd be a pure benefit for coli-ers of all stripes, while you're right that it disadvantages players who are fairgrounds only (and those players are already limited by the lucky streak, while coli gains are limitless).
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Yeah, I'm with the people saying your base rewards are the trinkets. Staff also actually added a treasure chest to all venues which gives a flat amount of, well, treasure! It's not as much as a Fairgrounds game, but that's because Fairgrounds has a cap: Coli does not. They're intentionally functioning on different mechanics. Now that G&G is added, you can get treasure much faster in the Fairgrounds, but, again, Coli is limitless.

For reference, Coli didn't have as many drops initially, and treasure chests were a lot rarer and only in some venues. So it's already had a fair amount of buffing.

I am a Coli person, but one thing I do not want is for people to feel pressured into Coli if they hate it. Flat treasure drop + limitless loot treasure would be a complete upgrade to the Fairgrounds. The staff has been wonderful about giving us more opportunities to do things through different areas of the site (i.e. you can brew Strange Chests and festival currency now, so you're not entirely out of luck if you have bad gathering RNG and don't Coli) and I'd like the site to feel more open to different playstyles, not less.
Yeah, I'm with the people saying your base rewards are the trinkets. Staff also actually added a treasure chest to all venues which gives a flat amount of, well, treasure! It's not as much as a Fairgrounds game, but that's because Fairgrounds has a cap: Coli does not. They're intentionally functioning on different mechanics. Now that G&G is added, you can get treasure much faster in the Fairgrounds, but, again, Coli is limitless.

For reference, Coli didn't have as many drops initially, and treasure chests were a lot rarer and only in some venues. So it's already had a fair amount of buffing.

I am a Coli person, but one thing I do not want is for people to feel pressured into Coli if they hate it. Flat treasure drop + limitless loot treasure would be a complete upgrade to the Fairgrounds. The staff has been wonderful about giving us more opportunities to do things through different areas of the site (i.e. you can brew Strange Chests and festival currency now, so you're not entirely out of luck if you have bad gathering RNG and don't Coli) and I'd like the site to feel more open to different playstyles, not less.
I like the idea, it would make my life easier for grinding for more money, but ultimately if it was based off of experiance then with a team of LV.1 you would only get ~100t each battle, meanwhile with a team of LV.25 dragons you could reach the cap in only a few battles. It would be unfair to people with weaker dragons, or children who don't understand the s coli-system as well.

I like the idea, but it could get very unbalanced very fast.
I like the idea, it would make my life easier for grinding for more money, but ultimately if it was based off of experiance then with a team of LV.1 you would only get ~100t each battle, meanwhile with a team of LV.25 dragons you could reach the cap in only a few battles. It would be unfair to people with weaker dragons, or children who don't understand the s coli-system as well.

I like the idea, but it could get very unbalanced very fast.
I don't think a training fields battle should give as much as a golem workshop one, though
I don't think a training fields battle should give as much as a golem workshop one, though
1 2